Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

29- Burning hatred

821 71 49
By shinymewgirl

I closed my eyes and sighed. Why do bad things always happen to the wrong people? I mean, I was the good guy right? Yet I always seem to be one step behind, am I just kidding myself? Am I nothing more than a person who is toyed with by the bad guys? Cause that's how my life seems to play out. First Shadow giving me the 'amazing' gift of Night. Cyrus is an asshole who can't stop stalking his fifteen year old daughter who wants nothing to do with him. My entire life is just a pile of Torous crap. Several more days had passed, but if I had to guess maybe two weeks or pretty close to it. I hadn't been back to the Legendary Council since I'd had seen Mewtwo but I had sent Night these to tell Arceus what I had seen. I had barely slept since then or even moved since Cyrus's visit and no one has fed me since. I was starting to think I'd been forgotten.

I took a deep breath in and felt myself tensed. It was only faint but I swear I could smell smoke. Not like smoke from a Pokemon attack or a burning campfire I mean smoke of burning oil and machinery.

I frowned, gathering the pitiful amount if strength I had left and stood up, holding the wall for support. I looked through the bars to see no one, strange there's normally a guard a little down the hall.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I called. The smell was getting stronger now and I was starting to worry.

As if my call had struck a signal an alarm went on a voice buzzed over the speaker. "Warning fire alert, make your way to the nearest exit. Warning this is not a drill." So even Team Galactic had fire drills. Amusing.

Wait! Shit fire!

The smell was getting stronger and small amounts of smoke were wafting into the halls.

"Umm, someone! Still down here!" Damn it Emma, why would they come back for you?

I touched the bars but recoiled from the shock of electricity. I was trapped in here. The smoke started to fill the room with its hazy, poisonous mist. I took a sharp breath in a instantly regretted it when the smoke filled my lungs. I crouched down low, coughing from the smoke. I pulled my jumper up to cover my mouth and help filter the smoke from the air while I figured out what to do.

A faint buzzing sound followed by a sharp zap came from the bars and I cautiously touched them with my spare hand, not getting shocked. I let out a small sigh and broke them down with an Aura Sphere. I ran out of myself just in time to see fire envelop the wooden door at the end of the hall.

"Night! Where are you?"

I received no reply from my Ninetales as I ran towards the direction I thought she'd been taken. I cursed under my breath and ran the down the hall but before I knew it the fire had surrounded me. I had no idea where I was going and the smoke and fire made it impossible to see. I paused for a moment, trying to use Aura to guide me but a cracking sound from above distracted me from my concentration. I looked up to see a falling pice of burning timber. I let out a cry and leapt out of the way before continued running as more of the roof caved in. I tried to dodge as many as I could, leaping from side to side as burning wood fell all round me. I was to slow for one and the burning wood collapsed on top my ankle.

I screamed in pain and tried to pull my ankle free without success. By this point the smoke was making it near impossible to breath and now my ankle was crush and being burnt by fire. Black spots filled my vision as I kicked furiously at the beam of wood.

"Night, please help me!"

My kicks became more as more frantic as the beam burnt further into my ankle. I screamed for help, not really caring who came. At this point I could barely see straight and my entire body was exhausted. I screamed out again only to be sent into a fit of coughing.

There was a creaking noise from above me and I looked up just in time to see another burning beam falling towards me. I tensed and covered my head waiting to be crushed by the burning beam. It hit me and fell across my back. I cried out again and whimpered at the fire started to burn through my shirt, the only thing stopping it was the sweat that drenched my body.

"Please, someone help me!" I cried out in pain. But no one came. I doubt anyone is still here.

I turned and shot a pitiful beam of water as the beam the had fallen on me, succeeding in putting out whatever fire would be touching me but nothing more.

I squeezed my eyes closed let my trembling body fall limp. I didn't have any strength left. The time I'd spent here with of little food and water while being locked in a damp, dark cell had taken its toll on me. I no longer had the strength to fight anymore.

I crossed my hands in front of me and used them as a pillow, resting my head on them while praying for rescue but at the same time I was accepting defeat.

The next few moments happened in a hazy blur. The weight was removed from my torso and the pressure lifted from my ankle before I was dragged to my feet. I followed, dazed and blurry visioned, whoever saved me. I wasn't able to tell who because of the smoke and dark spots the sparked randomly in my vision.

The next thing I knew I was breathing in fresh air and falling to the floor. I laid there gasping the clean air into my lungs, while squeezing handfuls of grass and dirt beneath me. I heard the faint and slurred sounds of yelling and sirens.

I looked up the see members of Team Galactic running around everywhere, not even noticing me on the ground. Everything was spinning rapidly, to fast. I was fighting waves of nausea caused from my coughing fit.

Something nudged my shoulder and I heard the faint sounds of a voice urging me to run but I couldn't move. I was to weak and in to much pain.

Next thing I knew I was being lifted, draped across what felt like a fluffy-furryish cloud. I was to to much of a daze as the forest rapidly changed around me. The smell of fire and smoke was getting fainter and fainter until it was gone completely.

I was placed lightly on the ground and I shuddered at the cold. My shoulder was nudged again but I couldn't move, I couldn't breath and eventually, I slipped out of consciousness.

~*🌸*~

I woke to the cooing of bird like Pokémon giving their nighttime calls. For a few peaceful minutes I just lay there with my eyes closed, wishing I'd never have to get up but soon a heavy headache settled in, along with an agonising pain in my back. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing a wooden roof you'd expect to find in a lodge cabin above me. From what I could tell the room was windowless but a lamp by the side of my bed kept the room lit just enough for me to not be scared of my surroundings. Carefully, as not to hurt my burning back, I sat up reaching over to turning up the brightness of the lamp to get a better view of my surroundings.

Turns out the room did have a small window but the curtains had been draw over it. The room had little furniture other then the bed I was in and the standing lamp beside me, there was a chest of draws under the window which had a bowl of water sitting on top. I carefully swung my legs over the edge of the bed, the searing burning in my ankle was a painful reminder of what had happened before I slipped out. I tested whether or not I'd be able to stand and decided it best to try, holding the frame of the bed for support until I stopped shaking. I took note that I was now barefoot before limping over to the door, wincing at every step as pain shot through my body.

By the time I got to the door, which was only a couple of steps away but took me much longer then it should of, I was exhausted. I tightly gripped the door handle before cautiously opening the door, peeking out the crack as the darkened room beyond. I pulled it open a little more, sticking my head out and looking around before I walked out fully. The place seemed abandoned but someone was obviously here. My burns had been cleaned and bandaged by someone, my question was, was this person on my side, or against me?

The light sound of footsteps reached my ears making me tense, turning the direction to which the sound was coming from. I gripped the doorframe tightly, shrinking back slightly at the familiar aura I was feeling. It did however feel different from the last time I'd encountered this foe, not so dark but the thought of who it was terrified me to the core.

N entered from the door across the room, looking surprised to see me standing in the doorframe. I grabbed the closest object to me, which happened to be an umbrella, and held it up defectively. I glared at N with all the hatred I could muster as he held his hands up in surrender.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Why should I believe you?" I hissed, flinching slightly at the pain coming from my ankle.

"Because I just saved your life." He replied calmly.

"So what? You also killed me!"

N sighed, pinching his nose. "You have a right to hold a grudge, just please calm down."

"Let me go!"

"You can leave whenever you wish, I won't stop you." He gestured to a door. "Though in that condition, I don't advise it."

I gave him a suspicious look. "Why would you care?"

"Long story, if you stay a while, I'll be more then happy to tell you."

I slowly lowered my 'weapon' but didn't take my eyes off N, I was breathing through the grit of my teeth and struggled to stay upright. "How did I get here?"

"I found you unconscious in the forest, that Ninetales of yours standing guard."

"Where's Night now then?" I glared.

"Somewhere around."

"Night?"

I heard someone approach from behind and I turned to see Night approaching from the room I had just been in. She yawned and looked at me lazily. "Do you have idea what time it is?" She then noticed the panic pained look on my face as I looked down at her in confusion.

She looked over to N and frowned. "Ooooooh....." She gently nudged me back into the room. "Come lie down and I'll explain."

I glanced nervously over at N and held onto the doorframe tighter.

"He won't bother us. Trust me, okay?"

I hesitated before I let Night lead me back into the room, she closed the door and locked it before turning back to me. "Happy? He can't get in."

I slowly nodded as I sat back down on the bed. Night came to my side, jumping up next to me while curling herself around me as extra support. "He hasn't been in the same room as you without me present, I promise you he hasn't touched you at all."

"What happened?"

"The Galactic base lit on fire which I may have accidentally caused. I tried to find you but I couldn't, I eventually found out outside on your own having a coughing fit. I was about to get you away but you were hurt and had obviously taken in a lot of smoke. I put you down so I could see where was hurt but N found us both, at first I did the same as you and didn't let him near you but he explained that things have changed since Unova and Arceus had removed the corrupt Voice of Reason from permanent existence. I was worried about your injuries, so on the condition that he would listen to me before anything happened to you, I let him bring you here. His Pokémon bandaged you and you've been out for a few days. I haven't left your side since." Night explained.

"Where were you when I woke up then?" I asked.

"Under the bed." She shrugged.

"How long have I been out?"

"A week?" Night sounded unsure of the answer as she furrowed into a thinking state. "Maybe a little more."

I nodded, raising my hand to my thumping head. "Okay, and you're sure he hasn't done anything to me?"

Night nodded her head. "I haven't left your side once."

I nodded again, resting my hand on Night's mane as a gentle knock on the door broke through the silence.

My fire type looked up at me silently. "Do you want to let him in?"

I hesitantly nodded and Night jumped down from my side and unlocked the door before skipping back over to me and leaping back to her original spot. N entered slowly holding a tray of food, he raised an eyebrow. "Are you hungry?"

I slowly nodded, looking down to Night for reassurance first. She smiled at me as N placed the small tray on the table beside my bed. "You're free to leave whenever you wish, but I do have something to show you once you're feeling a little stronger if you wish to be shown."

I didn't answer him looking away as he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

I glanced over the food I was given. A bowl of some sort of creamy soup, an assortment of coloured vegetables floated on the surface like brightly coloured toy boats set out to sail on a still lake. An unopened bottle of water also sat on the tray and well as a cookie.

"The cookies are good." Night said, her head on her paws with her eyes closed. "I've eaten a few myself."

I nodded slowly, picking up the bowl of soup and the spoon provided, taking only a small cautious sip of the liquid. The soup was creamy, as I thought with hints of an assortment of herbs mixed together. Still acting with caution, I scooped up one of the vegetables and ate it. Night didn't move from my side as I slowly ate the rest of the small meal, taking occasional sips of the water provided. Once I was finished, gave Night the cookie since I didn't feel like eating more then I had to.

I stifled a yawn, but failed to hide it from Night.

She looked up at me with concern. "Emma, you need to rest. You're still really weak and those burns are really bad, I won't leave your side until you wake up. Okay?"

I hung my head and sighed. She was right, my back and ankle were killing me plus I was completely exhausted. I gave a small nod and with help from Night, got comfortable on the bed laying on my side with her laying behind me for the extra support, within seconds, I was fast asleep.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2633

Hai!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...
13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...