No Matter What • Stilinski [...

By buzzcutdylan

[ BOOK 1 ] They will fight to protect each other; No Matter What... More

~PROLOGUE~
01// Beacon Hills High
02//First days and Lacrosse
03//Parties and Male Models
04//Hospitals and Period Pamphlets
06//Not a Rabbit
07//Strike
08//Jackass
09//Broken
10//Pinky Swear
11//The Truth
12//Yoda's
13//Night of the Living Alpha
14//Running
15//Phone Calls
16//Effects of a Full Moon
17//No Matter What
18//Bubbling to the Surface
19//Peter Hale
20//Protecting Mr. Cheekbones
21//Shopping
22//Winter Formal
23//Finding Derek
24//Darkness
25//Dreaming
26//Only The Beginning
27//Trust You
28//Another Werewolf?
29//Fear
30//Skating Disasters
31// Helpless
32// The Test
33// Stiles the llama.
34// Ham and Cheese, or Turkey Club?
35//Restraining Order
36// Rave?
37// Finally Healing
38//Trust Your Instincts
39// The Battlefield
40// I Love You
Heart of Darkness

05//Intolerable

1.9K 60 17
By buzzcutdylan

--DISCLAIMER--
I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF

~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 5

INTOLERABLE

~~~~~~~~~~

A loud groan was heard from under a pile of blankets as sunlight poured through the now-open curtains. Crystal buried her head further under her blankets as Jenna yanked open the curtains shielding second window in the teenagers bedroom that was in the opposite corner.

"Ah! Stop! I'm blind!" Crystal groggily yelled, yanking her purple comforter over her head and burying her head under her pillows.

"Get out of bed, Criss. It's Saturday!" Jenna demanded as she opened the windows. It's been over a week since the fiasco that was Lydia's party, and not to mention the freaky encounter with the mysterious Derek. So far, school had been going along smoothly. Well, if you exclude Crystal's detention going horribly wrong. Instead of sitting in Harris' room for an hour, which she was originally supposed to do, she was instructed to do some re-shelving in the library; which lead to her not being able to leave until every single book was situated in it's rightful position, and there was a lot of books.

One person se had been so desperately trying to avoid all week was none other that Stiles Stilinski. She couldn't help but think that the grudge she had held against him for using her was stupid and childish. Maybe she was overthinking. But hell, not in a million years would she let anyone think that they can use her, especially to try and get to her best friend. She can't deny, however, that she missed talking to him. He really was a nice guy, even if he was profoundly annoying.

The amount of times that Stiles had tried to get her attention was becoming unbearable. Countless times, in class, he's tapped her shoulder an unnecessary amount of times; all the while whisper-shouting her name not-so-subtly which lead to Stiles getting numerous detentions. Crystal doesn't understand why he doesn't just give up, and she doesn't think she ever will.

"It's too early for this crap, seriously what are you doing to me?" The brunette groaned and buried herself deeper into her blanket, only to have her dreams ripped away as Jenna grabbed the covers and yanked them off the teenage girl.

"Criss! It's 12 pm, get your lazy ass out of bed!" Jenna huffed, exiting the room and leaving the door wide open.

"There better be PANCAKES." Yelled the teenage girl, wondering who the hell wakes people up on Saturday's. It's just not done.

The brunette, once again groaned, checking her phone on the nightstand to see she had several texts from the strawberry blonde.

FROM: Redhead

You're coming shopping with me today, don't even try get out of this, love ya! Xo

FROM: Redhead

You're also coming to Jacksons game tonight, and I'm buying you new clothes to wear to get away from those horrible flannels.

FROM: Redhead

I'm coming over in 30 minutes! Get up!

Well, at least it was something to do rather that sit and play the PlayStation for five hours straight.

Crystal internally chuckled. Nope, she would definitely rather stay home and play the PlayStation till her brain melts.

The Thomson girl hesitantly got out of bed and trudged to the shower, washing her hair and herself. Once dried, she grabbed her black ripped jeans, white shirt and a denim jacket, slipping on her converse she walked downstairs to make a bagel.

"Doing anything today?" Jenna asked as she walked into the kitchen behind her niece.

"Lydia is forcing me against my will to go shopping with her, please save me?" She looked at her aunt with a pleading smile, Jenna chuckled.

"Oh come on, it should be fun, Criss. Lydia's a nice girl, you should appreciate having a friend like her." Jenna smiled, earning a gag from Crystal.

"Stop. You know I hate all this sappy bullshit, so stop acting like that." She bit into her bagel that she had just made.

"Acting like what?" Jenna asked innocently, placing a hand on her hip.

"Bye Jenna." The girl fake-smiled and walked around her aunt, bagel still in her mouth as she walked towards the door. Exiting the house, the brunette dragged herself across the grass and on to Lydia's patio next door. Crystal admired the look of Lydia's house. Even though they lived in the same street, only next door to one another; Lydia's house looked completely different to her own. And to be honest, it was bigger. Before the girl could even knock the door, Lydia yanked it open and whisked past the brunette. Crystal just stood, eyebrows raised as she stared at Lydia's now open door. She closed it and trailed behind her strawberry blond friend.

"God, I thought you had died. Do you not know how to answer a phone? Where the hell have you been?" Lydia asked, walking towards her car as the frowning brunette behind her continued to eat her bagel.

"Sleeping. Sleep is more important than my twenty missed calls from you. Sorry?" Mumbled Crystal, her voice muffled as she chewed.

"Whatever. And stop talking with your mouth full." Scolded the red head, earning a glare from Crystal as they sat in the small car.

"Okay so I'm picking you up for the game tonight, and your not going ditch me for that jeep boy you where hitting on at my party," Lydia checked herself in her mirror before putting her keys in the ignition, the engine roaring to life. Crystal's eyes widened. Hold on...

Jeep boy?

"Stilinski?" The brunette questioned, "are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious! He was totally flirting with you, I'm surprised you couldn't tell." Lydia accused.

Crystal scoffed and faced her red headed friend, "Okay, first of all, he wasn't flirting with me, we were only talking. And second of all, he's like, totally into you anyway,"

Lydia looked to her best friend, eyebrows raised. "How in the holy hell would you know that? Up all night having late night phone calls with your long lost love?"

Crystal rolled her eyes, sighing.
"Okay, no. Scott told Allison, Allison told me. Simple. Actually, I'm surprised that you didn't know." She picked at her terrible in manicured nails and sighed.

Lydia pondered for a moment, pursing her lips. "Hm... If I'm correct, I detect a little hint of jealousy in your voice." she held up her index finger and thumb, leaving a little bit of space between them.

"Would you stop? I'm not jealous. I don't even know him that well." Crystal defended herself, her voice raising slightly as Lydia stared at her.

"Wow, your in denial." The red head shook her head, speeding off down the road as Crystal glared holes in the side of her head. As if sensing it, Lydia turned round whilst rolling her eyes.

"Okay, I'm joking, Criss. You know I love you." The strawberry blond smiled, earning a chuckle from Crystal as she shook her head.

"Allison better pull a move on McCall tonight, I swear to god she is such a prude."

Crystal covered her mouth to prevent herself from bursting out laughing, but failed to do so when Lydia burst in to a fit of giggles. The brunette admired how Lydia could turn any awkward situation, even if she made it herself, in to something completely inappropriate yet absolutely hilarious at the same time.

🌙

Entering through her front door with six shopping bags in hand, the brunette struggled to walk with the weight of them. The brunette and her strawberry blond friend just spent five-plus hours walking around the mall collecting unnecessary clothes that are two sizes too small, and most definitely going to be left at the bottom of her closet.

"Jenna? I'm home!" She yelled through the house. Only to see Jenna walking downstairs to help with her bags.

"Oh my, the day has come. I never thought I'd see you walk through that door with actual clothing in a bag." Jenna chucked and took a few bags heading up stairs, the brunette followed.

"Well I hope you've enjoyed the show because it's never going to happen again, like ever." Crystal entered her bedroom and plopped the bags down on her bed and turned to face Jenna, slipping off her jacket.

"So I hear there's a Lacrosse game at your school tonight, you planning on going?" Jenna sat down on the bed. Crystal rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Oh god, I'd rather forget. Lydia is making me go because apparently if I'm her best friend, it's my duty to give her ass head boyfriend 'moral support', she even made posters and everything." The brunette complained as she sat on the bed beside her aunt. Crystal really didn't want to sit on the cold as hell bleachers for two hours freezing her ass off, watching a bunch of sweaty jocks running around a field chasing after a tiny ball.

She was never for sports, but sometimes enjoyed jogging to clear her mind, but she'd much rather hibernate in her room, stuffing her face with Nutella and watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. Come on, who doesn't want to stare at a shirtless Ian Somerhalder all day.

"You know what? I'm not sitting in watching Grey's Anatomy for the third night this week, I'm coming. I mean come on, it shouldn't be that bad am I right?"

🌙

After texting Lydia that she no longer required a ride to the game, Crystal arrived at the school a little under an hour later, Jenna by her side. Everyone was piling onto the bleachers to get ready for the game, and Crystal walked over towards the bleachers; only to halt in her tracks as she noticed a certain strawberry blond grabbing Scott by the shirt and standing a little too closely to him. She stared for a few moments until she was brought out of her trance,

"Uh, Criss. Hey."

Cursing under her breath, the brunette turned to see the Stilinski boy standing no more than three feet in front of her. She nodded.

"Stilinski."

Stiles scratched the back of his neck and glanced around, catching sight of the familiar blonde woman whom he had recognised as Crystal's aunt.

Jenna was standing no more than five feet away, a knowing smirk on her face. Crystal gave her a look that screamed 'go away'. Grinning, the thirty year old took the hint and retreated to the bleachers.

"I'm just gonna go find a seat, Criss." She eyed the boy once more and turned heading towards the bleachers. Crystal turned back to the awkward boy in front, who was already looking at her.

"You need anything?" Asked the girl, a bored expression on her face which only caused the boy to swallow nervously.

"I-I just... Look, I wanted to apologise. If you thought-- I mean, I didn't just talk to you to, you know, get to Lydia. I mean-- I-I wouldn't do that, especially not to you, your like--cool and stuff and you like actually talked to me, y'know? And now I'm just rambling--"

"Stilinski. Will you shut up?"

Stiles eyes grew wide, instantly closing his mouth. Crystal sighed and ran a hand over her face.

"It's fine, okay? I thought I was mad at first, but honestly it's just stupid." She continued, watching as the Stilinski boy slowly nodded, unsure as he muttered a small okay.

"So, you playing?" Crystal asked, adjusting her maroon beanie and stuffed her hands into her pockets.

"Uh-- well, no." He scratched the back of his neck nervously and let out an embarrassed laugh.

"Oh... I see. Well if you get too lonely on the bench you will always have me to talk to." She winced as soon as she heard how terrible that sounded. She covered her face in her hands as heat rose to her cheeks.

"Oh, god that sounded horrible, sorry." They both chuckled and Crystal shifted on her feet.

"No uh, it's fine, t-that would be nice actually." He stuttered over his words, a happy smile on his face.

"Cool." She replied, not being able to find any more words.

"Awesome." He stared at the brunette, only to be brought out of his thought by the sound of the whistle. He stumbled over his own feet but managed to catch his balance just before he hit the ground. Crystal's eyes widened as a snort escaped her.

"Well uh, you-you should probably, I don't know, find your aunt? I should ya'know, get back to the bench." He instantly cringed at how awkward he was being right now.

"Cool, see you later, Stilinski." She waved and turned to find her aunt sitting along chatting with Allison and another man she had not met yet. Must be Allison's father.

"Crystal! Over here!" Allison waved her hand and pointed to the seat beside her. Crystal groaned at the use of her full name, but sat beside the brunette anyway..

"Uh dad, this is Crystal, the one I was telling you about." Allison tapped the man beside her's shoulder and he turned to face the shorter brunette beside his daughter. He smiled showing off his sickly grin and amazing teeth. That's where Allison gets her smile.

"Hello, Mr. Argent." The brunette saluted and smiled a toothless smile, not yet meeting her eyes.

"Nice to meet you Crystal. Allison has told me a lot about you. But please, call me Chris." Allison's eyes grew wide as she stared at her father.

"Really? I'm guessing not all good." She chuckled, Chris glanced at his daughter and his smirk grew wider.

"Well, she did say that you guys became friends the day that you met." Mr. Argent explained, causing Crystal to glance at Allison with a small smile on her face.

"However, she did mention how you where quite stubborn. I guess not all good things are said about stubborn people." He continued.

Scoffing, the brunette shook her head. She couldn't blame Allison, though. Whatever was said was true, she actually was a very stubborn person, although she couldn't help it. "Well, ain't that the truth."

"Dad!" Allison screeched, she then turned to Crystal, "I didn't say that, honest-" She was then interrupted by the 5'3 brunette.

"Allison, chill. It's cool." She then glanced to look at the other Argent.

"I suppose I am, but by my guessing she hasn't told you what she thinks of you?" She grinned at she saw her aunt at the other side of Chris shaking her head. She vaguely remembered Allison telling her exactly what her dad was like.

Chris scoffed. "And what would that be?" He crossed his arms over his chest . Crystal glanced at the field to see the game already starting, but faced Mr. Argent anyway,

"Prodigiously Intolerable." She smirked. Allison had told her exactly that. Crystal smirked at the memory, it was a few days after Lydia's party. The two girls had found themselves talking about memories, what their childhood was like, and what kind of people their parents were. Usually, Crystal found that subject rather hard to open up and talk about, but with Allison it was much easier. The Argent girl had told her that her father was unbearably over-protective, to the point where it became intolerable.

"Crystal!" Jenna shouted across. The smirk that had been ever-so-slightly gracing Chris' lips had completely vanished, as he straightened his shoulders and turned back to observe the field. Allison's face turned bright red as she focused on the game again, so Crystal done exactly that. She could tell she was going to hate this man already.

The Lacrosse players where running wild passing the ball to one another as the crowd erupted in cheers. Not before long, Jackson was ramming Scott to the ground then scored a goal, earning a wince from Crystal and the rest of the crowd. Soon Jackson was scoring a goal and the crowd cheered, ignoring the boy left on the ground by his own team mate. Everyone stood up around her and cheered for the Captain of the team, whilst Crystal stayed on the bench clapping slowly.

"Criss! Hold this up with me!" Lydia shouted beside her, she hadn't even noticed the small red head sit beside her as she was too occupied with Mr. Argent, but groaned and stood up anyway, holding up a banner which read 'We Luv u Jackson'. Stiles turned and noticed this, quite confused as to why she was holding up a banner for someone she hates.
'Brutal' he muttered. Scott noticed too, anger sparking inside of him.

Off to the side, Jackson had huddled with a few more team mates,
"Only to me." Jackson whispered.

"But what if he's open?" Danny asked.

"Who's the captain here, you or me?"

"Come on Jackson I just want to win." Danny pleaded.

"We will win! What did I say?"

Jackson snapped, Danny hesitated.

"What did I say!?" Jacksons voice
firm.

"Don't pass to McCall..." Danny looked away defeated and ashamed. Danny really liked Scott, but didn't refuse his best friend.

The game started once again. Everyone in position. Crystal looked to Scott to see him crouched over, a faint growl coming from the pit of his stomach as a thick cloud of fog left his mouth. She frowned and glanced to see if anyone noticed beside her, but they didn't. The rest of the team seemed alarmed but shrugged it off.

"Which one is Scott again?" Mr. Argent asked. Lydia stared deeply at the boy in question.

"Number eleven, otherwise known as the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game," Lydia answered, still staring. Crystal glanced to Allison beside her to see that she was looking genuinely worried.

"I hope he's okay." She announced, her knee bouncing up and down from the anxiety. Just watching the Argent girl worry, caused Crystal to worry even more. She had to leave.

"I hope we're okay." Lydia interjected. Crystal looked back around to see Stiles chewing on a glove and staring directly at Scott. She stood up and began to walk towards him.

"Where are you going?" Jenna whisper-yelled. Mainly because most of the population of people had went silent. Crystal paused and turned to face her aunt.

"Just uh, getting fresh air." She answered awkwardly.

"But we're outside?" Jenna was honestly confused but could tell something was up.

"Oh yeah, would you look at that? Maybe it's fresher down in that general area." Crystal motioned towards the bottom of the bleachers and made a mad dash for it. Crystal appeared beside Stilinski and sat beside him. He glanced over to her then back to the game, noticing it was her he done a double take and stared at her, mouth agape.

"What? I told you you'll always have me to talk to if you get lonely, and right now you seem lonely." She smirked and turned to the game. Stiles chuckled softly, his nerves relaxed instantly, no longer was his thoughts occupied by his werewolf best friend possibly shifting in front of everyone on the field. Not for long though.

The whistle went off and the game continued, Jackson failing to get the ball. Suddenly, Scott was soaring through the air over two players heads and caught the ball with ease, and began sprinting. Crystals eyes went wide.

"Holy hell.."

He sprinted through the players, dodging them like a little ballerina, until he came to the net and scored a goal, earning another point for Beacon Hills.

The crowd erupted in cheers as she and stiles bounced from their seats high-fiving each other. "Yeah!" They screamed.

"TO MCCALL, PASS TO MCCALL!" Coach shouted.

"Pass to him!" Stiles screamed in the background. Crystal laughed as he started going crazy.

The game started again, the opposite team receiving the ball. Scott ran up to him but paused. Then, the unthinkable happened. The opposite team passed to Scott, and he went running to the goal.
Stiles went back to chewing his glove as coach sat down next to him. Ignoring Crystals existence.

"Did the opposing team just deliberately pass us the ball?" Coach pointed to the field as stiles nodded.

"Yes I believe so coach." He went back to chewing his glove and bouncing his knee.

"Interesting." He glanced to the girl on the opposite side of the bench warmer.

"W-who are you? What are you doing here?" Crystal sighed and turned to coach.

"Providing moral support, coach. And it's Crystal...Thomson." She waved her hand.

"Are you on the cross country team?" Finstock asked out of the blue, earning a incredulous glance from Crystal.

"Uh, no?"

Coach Finstock nodded, pondering something as he narrowed his eyes.

"Can you run?"

"No."

"Great. Come see me tomorrow." He patted her shoulder way too harshly and walked away.

Crystal took the time to glance at Stiles, who was just as confused as she was.

Scott was sprinting and dodging through the players, at super speed. Suddenly he shot towards the goal, the ball ripping through the goalies net and into the goal. The crowd erupted in cheers again.

"Yes!" Crystal and Stiles shouted in sync, high fiving once again.

"There you go McCall!" Coach shouted as the referee approached him shouting 'no goal!'.

"What? The goal of the game is to get the ball in the net!" Coach blew his whistle and threw his hands in the air.

The game began once again, the referee placing the ball in the centre of the field. Scott received the ball once again, but stopped once he was circled with opposing team members. Stiles slowly rose from the bench, Crystal following.

"No, no Scott. No." He muttered. Crystal didn't know why, but she quickly noticed she was holding Stiles' hand. By the looks of things, he seemed too concentrated on the game to notice, but he kept a firm grip on her hand.

Little did she know, he was fully aware.

She felt slightly uncomfortable, she definitely doesn't hold hands, especially if it's someone she has only known for a week.

However, neither of them let go.

His hand was warm, yet cold at the same time. They were soft, yet looked seemingly rough. She admired the veins that popped out at the back of his hand, leading up to his arm. Once she noticed that she had been staring at his hand like a stalker for too long, she quickly averted her attention back to the game.

Scott stood before the goal, glancing around, until it looked like something clicked in him, the ball was soaring through the air, and finally into the net.

The buzzer went off signalling the end of the game. The crown erupted in cheers as Stiles and Crystal jumped up and down, "YES!" They screamed. They threw their arms around each other for a quick celebration hug, but turned out longer than that. He had his arms wrapped around her waist tightly, and Crystal had hers wrapped around his neck as she stood on her tip-toes. They quickly realised what they where doing and immediately let go. Both teenagers blushing wildly.

"Uh, congratulations Stilinski." She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she bit her lip.

"U-uh thanks, I uh, I'll see you in school?" Stiles scratched the back of his neck, glancing at his feet then back up at her, who laughed.

"Yeah..." Crystal turned to see Aunt Jenna approaching her with a smile on her face.

"Uh see you later." She waved at him as he smiled nervously.

"See you, Criss."

She walked over to Jenna. He sat back on the bench.

Jenna smirked as she noticed who the boy was, "Bye, Stiles."
His face turned bright red and Crystals eyes grew wide, shoving her aunt towards the parking lot.

"That game was so good! Who was the kid that scored the last goal?" Jenna asked, fishing her car keys from her purse.

"Scott McCall, Allison's boyfriend." She emphasized. Jenna chuckled.

"Well he was really good. Speaking of Allison, I'm not happy with the way you spoke to her father Crystal." Jenna's time turned serious and Crystal scoffed.

"What! Did you see the way that man spoke to me? I wasn't letting him off easy, Jenna." She said as they approached the car.

"Well you can make it up to him at dinner this Tuesday." Jenna announced getting in the car with Crystal.

Crystal's eyes grew wide for like the one hundredth time.

"You invited them for dinner?" Pure horror etched itself across her face.

"Are you kidding? We both know how that would turn out." Jenna chuckled as Crystal sighed in relief.

"They invited us for dinner." Jenna started the car, driving off to the house. Crystal's expression changed to one of terror, she then realized thatJenna was talking about the fact that she can't cook, reason number uno as to why she didn't invite the Argents to their house for dinner.

"Are you serious! I'm not going. Tell them I got sick! Tell them I have a bad case of diarrhea. Seriously I'm not kidding." Crystal pleaded as she automatically went into panic mode. Jenna rolled her eyes.

"Your such a drama queen. The reason I agreed was because I feel like you should let him know who you really are, instead of actually being stubborn." Jenna stated, referring to the earlier conversation they had with the Argents. Crystal hated this idea. She definitely didn't want to go to dinner with Allison's family, and she definitely didn't want them to know who she 'really' was, that would be a conversation starter...

"Okay, fine whatever, but you owe me. Can we talk about something interesting please?" Crystal pleaded as she picked at her chipped black nail polish. Jenna smirked and faced her niece.

"So... The Sheriff's son, huh?" She grinned as Crystal's head hit the window beside her.

"Oh shut up."

~~~~~~

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating a lot, I didn't realize how hard writing actually is but I'm not giving up!!!! The next chapter should be posted later on today, that is a definite. But thank god I'm finished this episode.
Thank you for reading, please vote and leave comments!! Love you!

-BuzzcutDylan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 72.4K 59
This is the old/ original version of this story (I decided to republish it while I rewrite the new version.) ...
102K 4.1K 189
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
6.1K 200 19
❝ I'm sorry you feel like you've been wronged by being torn out of your life here. But at least you got a chance to return home. King or not, you sho...
72.7K 2.3K 38
DISCONTINUED. ❝ When we went to your funeral, and you're body was below the dirt, its like the earth was sad to see you go. ❞ 𝙙𝙖𝙢...