Chocolate

By always_clever

Description inside. WARNING: sexual content and harsh language... More

Chocolate
December 31st
January 2nd
January 3rd
January 7th
Please Read
January 8th
Janury 10th
Janury 11th
January 16th
Jaunary 21st
Jaunary 22nd
January 26th/27th
January 29th
Feburary 4th
Feburary 6th
March 2nd
March 4th
March 5th/6th
March 10th
March 12th
March 31st
April 2nd
April 3rd
April 4th/5th
April 10th
April 11th
April 12th/13th
April 15th
April 16th
April 17th
April 21st
April 22nd
May 7th
May 11th
May 20th
May 21st/22nd
December 31st
July 9-10th
October 2nd, 2018

January 15th

3K 129 10
By always_clever

Robert is just perfect. For the past four days, he has treated me so nicely; not because I'm his lawyer or is it because I'm his lawyer. Never mind that. Anyway, he's a really nice guy and unfortunately we did not have sex yet. Truthfully I'm going to make him work for it, instead of me throwing myself at him. Like always...

"Hello, earth to TJ." Riley snapped his fingers in front of my face; kicking me out of my day dream about Robert.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking." I chuckled and flipped open Vincent file.

"Thinking about Robert. You already went through that file." Riley stated. He's right I did go this file, but it's good to take a look again. Besides it's something in here that wasn't right.

"Since you went through the files-"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You're still on that?"

"Yes. Anyway, since you went through my files. One of the arrest forms said Vincent was arrested on December twelfth and they held him for six days."

Riley nod. "Yes. Where are you getting at?"

"Anthony Brown was murdered on December fourteenth."

Riley looked at me for second until he finally got the hint. "Ohh, so how can Vincent commit the murder if her was in jail. Oh shit, one point for our team."

I chuckled and shook my head at his foolishness. "Can you call the police department? I want the guy who arrested Vincent to come to court today. His name is Aston Bernie."

"What if he's busy today?"

"We'll call his chief executive officer and tell him Ms. Hunter called."

Riley smiled and nod before walking out my office and too his desk. Meanwhile, I went over more files that can help me win the case.

A light knock echoed in my quiet room; making me finally look up from the boring, but important information in front of me. "Come in." I said loud enough.

Soon Kimberly stepped in with a large carry out bag with Riley walking in behind her. "Lunch time." She said before setting the bag down on my brown coffee table.

"Oh. It's one already." I looked at the clock on the wall to see the short hand on the one and the large hand on the six; 1:30. "I guess I was to busy with the files." I get up from my chair and walked over to my leather couch to sit on the end by Kimberly. "What did you buy?"

"Your favorite. Beef and broccoli with a egg roll and white rice." As she said my favorite take out meal, she sets the containers in front of me. "How's the case so far?"

""It's going great." I separated the chopsticks in my hand. "I think I'm going to win."

"I guess you didn't hear." Kimberly said before turning to Riley. "You didn't tell her didn't you?"

"Um, tell me what? Please don't tell me they got a new lawyer."

Kim looked at me then shook her head. "No, worse. David is going to be the other attorney that's going against you. He'll know that you and what's her name know each other."

"Ivory and who cares." I shrugged. "That's what he gets for cheating on his wife." I put a piece of beef in my mouth. "Thanks for bringing me food."

"You are welcome." Riley said. "I suggested we should get take out, since the both of you never heard of breaks nor leaving your office during cases."

"What case are you working on Kimberly?" I asked; ignoring Riley's accurate statement about us.

"The Richmond case." She beamed.

I would smile too. The Richmond's are the fifth wealthiest family in Seattle. To represent them is like being famous since the lawyer is going to be on camera and what not. If Kimberly wins, she'll bring in a whole rack of clients that would pay a wonderful price.

"I hope you win and if you need help, just come to me or Riley. I'm sure he reads your files." I can tell Riley rolled his eyes by the way he turned his body away from us.

Kimberly chuckled. "Thanks. So who's the man you're seeing?"

"Man? Who do you know I'm seeing someone?"

"Because you seem happy and you're smiling on a Monday." Kim stated.

I chuckled then shrugged. "He's-"

"Her client's father." Riley interrupted. "Which he's technically not a client because he's not the one she's representing, but he's somehow part of the case."

I rolled my eyes. "His name is Robert. He's Latino, funny; basically goofy. Charming and sweet. Sexy of course."

"I thought you only dated black men."

"No, I date all races. It's just black men is always chasing after me."

"True. Did y'all have sex yet?"

Riley groaned. "What's with all the questions Kim?"

"I'm just trying to know things Riley." Kimberly sighed.

I shook my head. "No, we did not have sex yet. I'm making him work for it, instead of me throwing myself at him. I just don't want him to think I'm a hoe."

Kim gasped. "You're not a hoe TJ. You're just a woman with needs. Besides, whores has sex with different men. You have sex with one man that you are in a relationship with. No matter if you have sex of the first date or tenth."

I nod. "Thanks Kim, nice talk."

"That's what I'm here."

~~~~~~~~~

No matter how many times I stand in the same court room, I still get butterflies in my stomach. It's something about saving a person (innocent or guilty) from going to jail, that makes you uneasy.

I stand in front of the judge with papers that holds information that can knock me out of this ball park. David and the other attorney was losing this case harshly. Yes, they put up a good fight, but they have nothing on me. Not to be cocky.

"I call officer Aston Bernie to the stand please." I said and watched as the older black man walked to the stand and swear to the bible he would not lie. "Officer Bernie." I started off. "Do you recognize the young man to my left?"

Aston looked around me and nod. "Yes ma'am."

"Can you tell us how you know him?"

Aston sighed. "I arrested the young man probably three to four weeks ago. He was caught with marijuana in his pocket."

"Yes. From your police report you filed, it says that you arrested my client on December twelfth and kept him for a week. From my understanding Anthony Brown was murdered on December fourteenth."

"Your honor. It seem like Ms. Hunter is saying unproven information." David yelled.

"Actually your honor, I have the copies that the chief executive officer gave me himself. I took my time to make extra copies." I gave a copy to the officer so her can hand it to the judge and one to David.

I can tell David was pissed. Not because he was losing the case by his ex, but because Ivory told him she knew about me and him. It seems like she's also going to file for divorce.

"Mr. Bernie, can you read what you wrote in your statement? Only the highlighted part please."

"Very well." He cleared his throat. "I restrained Vincent Valderrama because he was trying to fight me. I took him to the police station, took his fingerprints and decided to put him in the week in the cell list." He set the paper down in front of him.

"I should say one thing Mr. Bernie, your explanation is not really clear. So I'm going to clarify a little to the court if that's okay with you."

He gave me a small nod.

I turned to the jury, because there are the only ones that I have to prove to. "Vincent Valderrama was putting a fight of course, which made him get a week in jail. From what I established, Vincent was arrested on the twelfth and Anthony Brown was killed- shot to death in front of his house on the fourteenth. Unless Mr. Valderrama transported to the victims house from the cell to kill him, which is impossible; my client is innocent." I looked at the judge. "That will be all, judge." I walked back to the table where Vincent was shivering with fear.

"Mr. Ta'Challa, do you have anything to say?" The judge asked.

I looked at David and shrugged. I heard him huffed. "No your honor."

"Okay, jury go in the back and decide. Meanwhile, we will have recess." The judge hits the gavel before standing up and walking out the court room.

I turn to Vincent with a small smile. "I'll be right back."

The young man in front of me gave me a small nod. I walked out the court room and took deep breath to get the butterflies out my stomach.

"Hey, you was excellent in there." I turn to see Robert walking towards me with a huge smile. "Thank you for doing this." He kissed my lips.

"You're welcome." His hands went up and down my arms slowly.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his voice.

I nod, but then shook my head. "After the case, would you still want to date me? I mean like-"

"Of course I would still want to date you. I wasn't taking you out to dinner and making you laugh all the time because you're our lawyer. I like you, you're a sweet lady and I want to take you out tonight. To a restaurant."

I smiled and nod. "I like yo too and I would love to go out with you tonight."

"Great. We should go back inside."

"Okay." I gave him a quick peck on the lips before walking back into the court room to see the jury was sitting in their seats.

I stood behind the table as I waited for the final results. "Shall we hear the jury." The judge said.

A middle age woman stood to her feet with a small piece of paper in her hand. "For the murder of Anthony Brown, Vincent Valderrama is... Not guilty."

I huge smile spread across my face as I heard loud cheers go across the court room. The judge hits the gavel twice; making everyone go quiet. "Mr. Valderrama." The judge called.

Vincent stood to his feet next to me. "Yes."

"From the look of your files, you've been arrested so many times and the last time I saw you, you gave me a promise that you'll never get a arrested again. Since you kind of broke that promise, I'm sentencing you for a parole officer and 48 hours of community service. Court dismissed."

Vincent sucked his teeth. "48 hours."

I rolled my eyes and turned to him. "It's better than 5 years behind bars."

"Thanks." He said.

"You're welcome."

"But hey." He stepped in closer to me to whisper in my ear. "If my father is not treating you right, you can always come to me." He pulled away and gave me a wink. "Just saying."

I laughed. "Funny, but no. Sorry."

He shrugged. "Tell me when you change your mind."

I chuckled and shook my head before gathering all the files. "You was lucky." I use to love his deep voice, but now it made me gag. I looked up to see David looking down at me with a evil glare. If looks can kill, I would be haunting him in his dreams.

"It's not luck, I have skills."

"You know because of you I lost my wife and probably my reputation." He spat.

I shrugged. "It's not my fault you cheated on your wife and maybe you deserve it. You're the one who turned on your family. If you excuse me, I'm going to go home and get ready for my date with a handsome Latino."

With that I turn around and walked out the court room to see Robert waiting for me outside. "Why aren't you in your car with your son?" I walked towards him.

"Vincent was carried away by his mother and grandmother. I couldn't fight them off."

I chuckled. "You're a really good father." I stated.

"Thank you and you're a very good lawyer. How about we get lunch?" He looped his arm with mine.

"What about dinner?"

"We can get that too and maybe we can have some dessert." He kissed my lips.

Maybe some dessert wouldn't be that bad tonight...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.9K 17
Dakota is a very quiet and reserved girl , but fierce and outspoken when she needs to be. Since she's graduated college she's dreamed of becoming a l...
194 12 9
This story is mostly about Y/N being new to college life (there's barely anything about college in this story) +love of a chubby WOC (african america...
1K 34 27
A girl who lost everything because of love. However can't get the love she desires unfortunately. After losing everything I don't desires anything an...
111 1 1
A lawyer needs help working on a case where there's some racial tension, so he asks his defendant's sister to help out in that area. When she agrees...