Eternity [Link x Reader]

By UnlikelyKing

You didn't choose this, you didn't want this. But it was a destiny decreed by the Gods. You were his soulmate... More

Disclaimer
I || Another Night Ends
II || What Lies Beyond the Horizon
III || It's a Beautiful Life
IV || Your Bittersweet Voice
V || Running From Destiny
VI || Heartstrings
VII || This Time
VIII || Blackened Sky
VIX || Wandering Hearts
X || Take Care of Me
XI || Breaking Free
XII || Link's Resolve
XIII || Without Words
XIV || Heart Over Matter
XV || Endless Tears
XVI || Smile Today, Cry Tomorrow
XVII || Brand New Day
XVIII || A Smiling Sun
XIX || A Muddled Cloud
XX || A Summer's Sky
XXI || Light
XXII || Desire
XXIII || Only the Stars Know
XXIV || Unravel
XXV || Someday
XXVI || Fire Meets Fate
XXVII || Betrayal of Time
XXVIII || Fall With Me, Part I
XXVIX || Fall With Me, Part II

0 || Sweetly Bitter

16.8K 505 35
By UnlikelyKing

You watched from afar as they were reunited in tears, laughter, and within an embrace that could probably rival the strength of a Goron.

You smiled, albeit deprecatingly.

It wasn't that you wished you had someone like that in your life - someone who traversed the world to find you or someone who transcended realms for you... You wanted him.

The one who fell for another.

The one who you had been created for.

The Gods loved his soul so much that they went out of their way to create a life-partner for him. Someone who would selflessly stick by his side, someone who would raise him when everything seems bleak, someone who would love him no matter what.

Someone who would never have their feelings reciprocated.

That, someone, was you.

"Don't worry, child."

You felt a kind hand gently glide over your shoulder. You didn't have to look to know your source of comfort had come from Renaldo, the Shaman of Kakariko Village. He was one of the two who knew of your unspoken fate and your suffering.

"The pain will pass. Soon, the Gods will smile down upon you and your future."

"No," you muttered back, your voice laced with anger and sadness. "No, they will not."

No matter how much you tried, you couldn't pull your eyes away from the scene that shattered your heart. Although it spelled a lifetime of heartache for you, it meant a lifetime of happiness for him.

He got his happy ending.

As the one created solely for him, you'd let him have it; even if that meant your life would only continue to be plagued by bitterness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 726 39
In modern day Hyrule, Link is an orphan who lives in an orphanage. Because he is meant to be the Hero of Hyrule, his bunkmates get jealous and bully...
6.3K 287 45
Written in Blood . {After OoT/MM fic} Hyrule is on the brink of another bloody war when he returns, the hero that had slipped away to be forgotten by...
1.7K 116 41
(A sequel to the game LoZ Twilight Princess) Link's adventure is over. His story is finished. He did all the hero is supposed to do: protect the real...
15.2K 598 56
A Linked Universe Reader Insert Fanfiction. This day was not going as you had planned. It probably was not going as planned for these travellers you...