Surviving the Boys {Completed}

By livelaughlove2013

My name is Marley Rose Kent and my mother and sister were killed in a terrible fire. Because my father didn't... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
NEWS

Chapter Eighteen

13.2K 497 45
By livelaughlove2013

Not edited. Sorry

Dedicated to dolphinstory, The comment they left the best comment that made my day.

Chapter Eighteen:

Dear Blake and the gang

I’m sorry but the only way to protect you guys is to get my father as far away from you as possible. I can’t say for sure but I think that he has made a deal with hunters. He’s willing to risk all your lives to save him. So before you come and try and stop me please remember that this is what I want.  I want to protect all of you. You guys are the family that I never had, I love you all.

Don’t come after me, because I need to stop him before he doesn’t something even worse. In saying that if something happens to me and he returns without me. KILL HIM. And don’t show any mercy. Don’t let him say anything that will change your mind. Kill him and then kill all the other hunters. If I don’t return DON’T look for me.

I will love you guys forever.

                -M xx

I placed the letter on Blake’s bed before pulling off my PJ’s and hoping into a pair of black cargo pants and a tank top. I placed a small wooden knife in my pocket before grabbing a hoodie before sneaking out the back door. Slowly I made my way up to my father’s room planning everything in my head. When I reached the door I knocked twice before stepping in.

He was standing looking out the window, into the night sky. The night was clear and quiet, it would have been perfect if there wasn’t a war on the horizon.  

“I’ve made my mind up,” I told him waiting for him to turn around. He spun around and looked at me as if trying to read my thoughts. “I will leave to any place you want me to go on one condition.”

“And what is that?” He asked stepping forward and raising an eyebrow.

“You have to tell me what the big secret is, you have to tell me everything,’ he nodded and turned around so he was looking back out the window.

“Nature has to have balance. There’s good and evil, rich and poor. We are just like that except we are the balance of peace and war. We are the peace keepers.” He explained. “The hunters promised that if we show them that we trust them then they won’t use our power for the bad,”

“You do understand how deluded that sounds. If we are peace keepers then why are you letting people get killed. Isn’t the whole point to stop that sort of thing?” I pointed out.

“I believe it is best to risk a few lives then to risk a nation.”

“If you get rid of our protectors then who is to stop the hunters from killing us and using the power to their advantage,” I asked getting rid of the act. I’d found out what I needed.

“We have made a deal, They will stick to it as long as we stick to our side, “he exclaimed.

“And what exactly did you promise them?” I asked, when he didn’t reply I stepped forward and grabbed his arm yanking him so that he was looking at me. “What did you promise them!”

“I promised that they could get rid off all the protectors. I promised that we wouldn’t put up a fight!” he shouted back.  

Everything seemed to freeze. 

Alex was right. My father was fighting with the other side. 

My mind went into a frenzy, I couldn’t concentrate, as angry flowed through me. I stepped away from him, disgusted that I was touching him. 

When he looked  his eyes narrowed so he was glaring.

If looks could kill I would be a goner for sure. 

"Remember I'm older and stronger then you. So don't do something you will regret." He warned.

“I’m going to kill you and then I'm going to kill every hunter that threatened my family," I told him coldly. He smirked and I shivered when I saw the evil glint in his eyes.

"Is that a threat?" 

"No its a promise. You haven chosen you side; now you have to live with the consequences." 

I grabbed the wooden dagger out and chuck it forward towards him. Without even moving it stopped in the air and turned so it was facing me. 

"Is that all you've got?" He asked.

 I closed my eyes focusing on everything around me, just like David had taught me to do. When I opened them again I caught sight of my reflection in the window. My skin had a soft glow to it, but it was my eyes that stood out. They were bright blue, so bright it was like the light was captured in them.

I saw my father freeze in shock, I smirked at him before standing up a little straighter. Before I even had a chance to do something he ran out on the balcony and jumped.

Yep, he jumped off the side of the building.

I tried to look down and see him but it was too dark.

Crap,

I was about to follow him when the door opened behind me and someone entered. I turned around frowning when I saw Xavier standing there the note crumbled in his hands. All my anger disappeared replaced with confusion.

“Don’t go,”

“I thought you would be pleased, you’ve made it very clear that you hated me.’

“Marley, Blake loves you and if you leave it will destroy him,” he begged. A sad smile made its way onto my face when I thought about him.

“I didn’t say I would leave I just said that if I did that they needed to finish what I couldn’t,”

“Well then let us come with you, let us help you,”

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

“You don’t get it Xavier. I need to do this. I need to stop the one thing that is threatening everything and everyone that I live for. Everyone I love disappears, and I don’t want them to. I want the few people I actually care about to stay safe and live a happy life. Don’t you get that? I have to do this!” I yelled tears running down my cheeks. I saw Xavier’s expression soften and he stepped forward wrapping his arms around me. “Why are you being so kind?” I asked wiping away the tears.

“I realised that you’re our only chance. When you told us that you turned down leaving just so you could stay and fight with us I realised that you might not be as bad as you seem.” He explained stepping away from me. “I also realised that you’re basically family, and no matter what you don’t turn your back on family.”

“I can’t promise you that I will be back. I can promise that I will do my hardest to see you guys again,” He nodded accepting my decision.

“is he dead?” he asked looking over towards where he had just jumped.

“Probably not, I don’t think he would do something to risk his life. I think we better go and get ready for battle because I think that as soon as the sun rises this place is going to turn into a battlefield,”

“We only have a few hours,” He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the elevator. He pressed level 00X which I hadn’t even noticed was a level.

When the lift opened I gasped in shock.

Shelves and shelves of equipment stood in front of me. Weapons, vehicles everything that you would need to cause some major action. He then walked towards a wall and typed in a combination that opened a small safe.

“Are you sure you’re ready to go to war?” He asked looking me dead in the eye.

“We don’t have a choice,”

With that he pushed a big red button that made a siren come on. Red lights flashed and metal door covered the windows. An automatic voice spoke over top of everything.

“Report to mission control room, report to mission control room.” A few seconds later the thunder of footsteps could be heard as the door to the stair case opened.

Men and women made their way into the room standing in front of us. At the end came Brody followed by the rest of the crew.

Everyone looked at us confused, waiting for instructions.  

David caught my eye and I nodded. He stepped forward and turned towards everyone.

“It’s time!”

                                                                                ~/~/~/~/~/~

The sun began to rise as the door opened.

“I don’t understand why we can’t come out with you now, Are you sure you want to do this?” Blake asked for the hundredth time. I could see the sadness edge into his features as he looked at me. I nodded a sad smile on my face.

Blake didn’t understand that I was the only person that could stop my father. I needed to get that down and stop as many hunters as possible. It was the only way.

“It has to be this way,’ I whispered pulling away from his arm.

“Why? Please just explain that to me why are you going by yourself you’ll get killed,” I looked at Xavier for help but he just shrugged his shoulders. Xavier was the only one that knew the real reason behind me doing this. When I had stood up and told everyone that I wanted to go in alone everyone complained and told me it was a stupid idea. If it wasn’t for him I would be walking out with everyone now.

I wasn’t going to do whatever was possible to kept these people safe.

If it meant risking my life, so be it.

I had already pulled Brody aside and given him a letter that explained what he would have to do if something happened to me.

Everything was sorted.

“Blake you have to let me do this, it’s the only way.” I told him. I continued walking to the clearing but before I even got a few steps Blake pulled me into him and crashed his lips against mine.

“I’ll always love you Kent,” he whispered when he pulled away,

“And I’ll always love you,” Blake let me go this time. I didn’t turn around and look at him because I knew that it would make me stop. I had to focus.

When I reached the clearing I could tell that people were watching me. They didn’t make me wait long.

Out of the bushes came my father flanked by about twenty strong looking men. If I didn’t know they were here to kill me I would say that some of them were very good looking.

As I studied them I turned to see someone walking up to me.

“What are you doing here? I told you all to wait,”

“That’s just the thing you’re not in charge of me,” he replied before walking over to the hunters and standing in there line.

He was the one person I didn’t expect to turn against us.

A/N

Please vote and comment!!!

Who do you think it is??? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 350 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...
4.8K 186 25
*Warning going to be swearing. I don't own glee. I only own the plot. Complete* Since the shooting at McKinley High, I have realized that life can go...
151K 6.1K 36
"I asked you a question, and you're going to answer it." Hmm. To answer or not to answer. "Geez my name's Carter and can you let go, you're hurting m...
75.4K 1.9K 51
"Dude! You have to give me some warning before you do that" I scowl before glaring at him. Only he mirrors my glare, and I go confused. "What's wrong...