Little Did You Know{Brooklyn...

By hi_imbiaggio

"I just needed help in math...then he came along." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kelsey Porter was strug... More

1•
2•
3•
4•
5•
6•
7•
8•
9•
10•
11•
12•
13•
14•
16•
17•
18•
19•
20•
21•
22•
23•
24•
25•
26•
27•
28•
29•
30•
Authors note
31•

15•

1.7K 35 4
By hi_imbiaggio

I woke up Saturday morning not feeling well. My eyes burned and my stomach felt worse every second. Dad was coming in an hour and I wasn't ready.

"Here Kelsey, take this.", Ysabella said handing me some medicine for my stomach ache.

I took it and quickly drank it. "Are you sure it isn't that time yet?", she asked oddly.

I froze. "I-I don't know. I've been thinking it's cause dad is coming.", I stuttered. Ysabella felt my forehead. "Maybe it is maybe it's not. Just get ready for both.", she laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah yeah."

~Brooklyn POV~

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time. My hair was ok, my pants ok, my shirt ok, and my shoes ok. My face was always ok.

"Are you getting all fixed up to see Kelsey?", Cruz asked. He was walking down the hall and stopped at my room.

I quickly went to my bed. "Uh no." Romeo came from behind and walked away saying,"Tell her you like her already geez!"

Cruz raised an eyebrow at me. "Listen Cruz, I'm going over to Kelsey's house for a few hours. Tell mum and dad when they wake up. That way they won't be worried. Ok?", I asked him.

He smiled. "Sure."

I patted his head and skipped down the stairs. Before I walked out the door and heard my dad coming out of the room. "Brooklyn? Where are you?", I heard him ask.

My heart Beated fast. "He's told me to tell you and mum that he's going to go see his girlfriend for a few hours.", I heard Cruz tell him.

I quickly ran out the door before anything else happened. Getting back home is going to be such a fuss.

I got to Kelsey's house and rang the doorbell. She opened the door and quickly pulled me inside. "Is he here yet?", she asked me.

I looked at the door. "Uh no he's not."

She smiled. "Good good. That's good that you got here before him." "Why is that good?", I asked her.

She looked down. "Just wait till you meet him.", she whispered. I lifted her head up with my thumb and index finger. "Come on. Tell me now. It's fine.", I whispered.

I looked into her bright blue eyes when someone crashed through the door.

"Dad?", she asked. "Kelsey!", he shouted. She ran to him and hugged him for a while. Kelsey's dad was looked a lot like a basketball player. He had muscles and was super tall. Maybe taller than my dad.

I swallowed when I looked up at him.

"Ysabella! Dads here!", Kelsey shouted and she took me upstairs real quickly. She pushed me into her room and closed the door.

"Shit man. You're dad looks so cool.", I said. Kelsey laughed. "Thanks but-"

"Kelsey!", Ysabella shouted from downstairs.

She sighed. "Stay here." And she ran out of her room.

~Kelsey POV~

I ran down the stairs to my sister and dad.

"Who was that boy?", my dad asked me looking up stairs. I bit my lip. "He's a friend that's helping me with math.", I said calmly.

"Oh really? Can I meet him?", he asked me. "No! Uh....yeah. Let me bring him downstairs."

I ran back up to get Brooklyn. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him downstairs. "So dad, this is..."

"Matt.", Brooklyn blurted.

I gave him an odd look. He winked at me.

"Yeah this is Matt.",  I said. My dad smiled.

"Nice to meet you Matt. I'm very glad that you're helping my daughter in math.", my dad said shaking Brooklyn's hand.

Brooklyn gave a fake smile.

Ysabella took dad to the kitchen while Brooklyn and I returned upstairs. "Thanks for saving it Brook.", I said with a sigh.

He smiled. "No problem. I've kinda noticed something is going on. Why are you acting weird?", he asked me.

I looked at the door then I looked down. "My dad doesn't trust Beckhams.", I whispered.

Brooklyn raised his eyebrows. "How? Wait, why?"

"He just doesn't. I think something happened when my dad was in highschool because ever since I was little, he's never agreed with me going to school with a Beckham.", I said.

"And that Beckham is me.", he whispered. I nodded. Brooklyn looked to the side. "What are we gonna do?"

I sat on my bed. "Ysabella said that you should try to get along with my dad and he'll see that you're a good kid. Then before he leaves, we'll tell him you're Brooklyn Beckham."

Brooklyn kneeled down in front of me. "So I gotta be a Matt.", he laughed. I laughed. "Yes Matt."

We went downstairs to talk to my dad. "Hey Matt! Do you like football?", my dad asked him.

Brooklyn's face had a huge smile. Of course Brooklyn would be super happy about it and start showing off as always. Pathetic.

"You have no idea.", he told my dad. I threw a football to Brooklyn. He winked at my dad and began to juggle. My dad clapped and smiled as he watched Brooklyn do cool stuff. "You juggle a lot like Brooklyn Beckham."

Brooklyn made a bad move and dropped the ball.

"Uh...yeah. I get that a lot.", he said.

"Matt, do you wanna go skateboarding?", I asked him. He gave me a smile of relief and went to get his skateboard from the entrance of the house.

We both walked outside with our skateboards.

I jumped on mine and began to stride down the street. "Wait up!", Brooklyn shouted. I looked back and laughed at him.

"Come and catch up!", I shouted. I gave him a smirk and skated across the houses.

Brooklyn began to catch up to me. I sped up faster. I looked to my side and saw that Brooklyn had gone way ahead.

He looked back at me and laughed. "You are so immature!", I shouted with a laugh.

"Excuse me? I'm the immature one?", he said hurtly in a joking way.

I sped up and pushed him.

He flinched and the board moved to the right. He stopped so he wouldn't fall. "That's not fair!", he shouted. I stopped and walked back to him.

"You see that I'm very competative.", I laughed. He poked my cheek. "I can see that.", he chuckled.

He picked up his skateboard. "Let's walk home now. I'm afraid to ride with you.", he whispered.

I giggled. "Scaredy cat."

He looked back at me. I bumped into his chest and my cheeks turned red.

"Sorry."

He smiled back. He turned around and we walked back home.

~~~~

I entered my house when I found my dad standing there angrily.

"Hey dad...what's up?", I asked walking in slowly. Brooklyn walked in behind me.

He froze as soon as he saw my dad.

"Kelsey...", he began. He pointed to Brooklyn. "That's not a Matt. Tha-that's a Beckham!", he shouted.

Brooklyn looked at the door. I could tell that he wanted to leave.

"No dad! Matt isn't a Beckham! He's Matt. Only Matt. No Beckham.", I said. My dad looked up.

"Kelsey, don't lie to me. I know that he isn't Matt. He isn't any other name....", he whispered.

My dad looked at Brooklyn. "You're Brooklyn Beckham...son of David Beckham. Brother to Romeo, Cruz, and Little Harper."

"How did you know?", Brooklyn asked him. "You have the exact same piercing as Brooklyn Beckham and you are completely identical to him! How could I not notice that."

Brooklyn looked at me. I cleared my throat. "Dad..I'm sorry. You're right. He isn't Matt, he's Brooklyn. Brooklyn Beckham."

"Why did you disobey me Kelsey?", he asked hurt. "Why do you not like the Beckham's anyway?", I asked. "They are the sweetest people ever!", I kept going.

"Kelsey, you don't know what happened in highschool alright? I'm leaving in the morning. I didn't think that coming to see my daughter after so long would began such a tragedy.", he said.

"Dad, please listen to me. Why would they do anything to you? Brooklyn has helped me so much so far! Remember how much I used to struggle when I was a kid in math?", I asked him.

"You always struggled and you still will. I was right, you're never going to succeed in math.", he whispered.

Brooklyn clenched his fists. His face turned red.

"Don't say that, please. You have to understand. I had an F for so long. And when Brooklyn helped, it went up to a C+! The percentage is on the border of being a B!", I shouted.

My dad looked at Brooklyn. "You Beckham's are always being all smart and kind with people. You are just like your dad...I don't want my daughter dating a Beckham."

"No no no. We aren't dating.", Brooklyn said. He began to get angry.

"Bitchy Beckham...that's what I called him.", my dad whispered. Brooklyn leaned forward. I pulled him back.

"No wonder mom never got along with you.", I said sternly.

My dad raised an eyebrow. "You are a failure of a daughter! You can't do anything like I want! You quit football because of a stupid death, now you're with Brooklyn here. You are a daughter I have never wanted!", he shouted.

Brooklyn grabbed me and pulled me back. "That is enough! You're daughter has been trying super hard to be successful in life. You have no idea how much Of her life you have missed! She quit football because it was to much for her to Handle but she's trying to play again! Kelsey may have struggled in math, but now she trying so hard to finally understand and pass so she can have a good future. If you can't agree with that then...I don't know what you are!", Brooklyn shouted. He breathed hard. His chest moved up and down.

My dad gringed his teeth at us. "Mother Fucking daughter!", he shouted and he slapped me right on my right cheek. I stood there, rubbing my hand against it. I tried to hold back the tears.

"Leave.", I muttered. He stared at me. "LEAVE!", I shouted. And he grabbed his bag and ran out.

Brooklyn set his hand on my cheek. "You're ok Kelsey. He's gone now.", he whispered to me. I sniffled a bit. "I'm sorry, I never knew he hated your father so much."

"Ssh, ssh. I don't care about it. Just calm down.", he said soothingly.

"Kelsey!", Ysabella shouted. She ran to me and gave me a big hug. "I heard everything. Thank you so much for getting rid of him.", she said. Her hands on my shoulder. I smiled a little. "No problem. I think Brooklyn did most of the work."

She looked at Brooklyn and gave him a thankful smile. "I'm gonna go call mom.", she said before running back upstairs.

I felt the burning of my dads hand slamming against my face again. It hurt so much that it still feels like he's slapping me many times.

"Ow.", I mumbled.

Brooklyn stood in front of me. His eyes were fixed onto mine. I looked down.

"Come on fish face. Speak up.", he said. I laughed. "You always know how to either ruin the moment or make it better."

He looked up. I feel bad. Brooklyn may be saying it doesn't matter but I'm getting the feeling that it does matter. Maybe he's hurt about my own dad not caring about his. My own father called his dad bitchy Beckham. I would get really mad and sad if anyone called me that.

"Brook, I know you're mad. I'm sorry about that. I will never stop saying sorry until the day I die. Maybe my dad is right, I will always struggle with math and never join football again. My dad was always right about that. I've never been good at it anyway. My life is different then yours. I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry. I can't get it out of my mind. I'm never gon-", then he cut me off with a kiss. A kiss right in my lips.

I felt his hands go up to my waist. My arms were motionless but I thought, perfect moment. So I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We never parted for a while. The moment felt magical. His lips left mine. "Don't say any of that because you are amazing just the way your are. And I'm gonna help you and make sure you have great success."

Hey guys!

Here is the super duper long chapter I was gonna write for you guys! I know I'm a few days late but, I took my time to make sure it was perfect!

My bday was 10-21-02. Which on Wednesday was 10-210-15. Back to the future day!!!! I know it's cool right?
~Kassie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 1.1K 20
"Come on McCartney"
197K 3.6K 25
➳"You've bullied me for 3 years straight, why are you deciding to be nice now?" Started: August 8/18 Finished: October 10/18 *READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...
12.6K 192 22
// COMPLETED // Sophie Carlton has spent almost 6 months looking for a job in her new home of London, at this point she'll go for anything. She's be...
442K 8K 45
"maybe you can show me how to love, maybe" social media x real life started may 2020- completed october 2020