22•

Three days had gone by and Brooklyn hasn't talked to me. I've been trying to get his attention but he won't budge. He sits alone at lunch, he walks to school instead of his parents driving him, and he hasn't been doing well in his classes.

I sat silently at the lunch tables waiting for the school bell to ring. I needed to find Brooklyn. I've had enough of the silent treatment.

I moved my eyes up to where my phone was, but my friend Barry had taken it to play games. He began taking videos of people in our PE class. I usually never cared because he always does this.

Jasper sat across the table from me. "Kelsey are you ok? You've been really quiet for the past few days.", he said. I licked my lips and leaned over on Barry's arm.

"I'm fine. I-it's just Brooklyn problems that I don't want to talk about.", I mumbled.

Jasper looked over at Alaina who looked as worried as Jasper did too. The bell rung and I had to punch Barry's arm to get my phone back.

I began to walk away when Barry walked beside me.

"Did you finish your history homework? Cause I might need some help on it.", he told me. "Yeah I finished it in class. I'll just send you pictures of it when I get home."

Barry gave me an odd look. "No! That would be cheating! And I never cheat! This doesn't seem like you Kelsey."

I stopped walking and knocked into him. "I'm sorry Barry. Maybe you have to ask someone else for help." And I walked away.

My white scarf bounced up and down as I walked towards the science class in search of Brooklyn.

I waited a moment till they all walked out and found Brooklyn. "Brooklyn!", I shouted but he ignored me.

"Hey Brooklyn!", I shouted again. This time chasing him. He spun around and stopped me from chasing him more. "Can you please tell me what was going on?", I asked holding my jaw string bag tighter against my chest.

"Stop bothering me. I don't want to talk to you. We aren't together anymore.", he mumbled. "Brooklyn I'm worried about you."

He pushed me back. "Go away!" And he began to fast walk away from me.

All this silent treatment was making me angry. Maybe he's right, we shouldn't be together. He did say that I can't do it. He doesn't believe in me anyway. I bit my bottom lip trying to hold back my tears.

"Hey Kelsey.", I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and found Seb walking towards me slowly.

I backed up a little.

"Kelsey it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. Are you ok?", he asked looking down at me. "I'm fine I guess. Just don't talk to me."

He laid a hand on my arm. "Tell me. It's fine." I looked down. "Brooklyn and I got in a fight. I've been trying to talk to him again but he won't talk. I'm guessing that we'll never get back together."

Seb set down his books and pulled me into a warm hug. The clouds covered the skies making it gray. The moment made me feel even more tragic than I was.

I pulled away from the hug. "I'm gonna go. Bye Seb.", I said and walked away.

~~~~

I curled into my soft red Christmas blanket and took a sip from my hot coco. I looked out the window. The weather looked terrible. As if it were going to rain and snow.

Jaspers birthday party is tomorrow and I don't even know what to get him. Maybe I shouldn't even go to the party.

The sky got darker and water poured from the skies.

My phone got a text from Bea.

Bea💃🏼: Hey are you feeling better? ;)

Me: Yeah I guess I am. I don't really know.

Bea💃🏼: If you need to talk I'm right here.

Me: thanks a lot but I'm fine. I'll get over it.

Bea💃🏼: ok:) just making sure.

I smiled at her text and set down my phone. There was not a single sound but the drops of rain outside my window. Ysabella was somewhere I didn't know. Most likely out with Ashley again.

I felt tired. My eyes began to close a little bit. But then a loud knock at the door ruined the silence and made me get up to go answer it.

I opened the door and wanted to close it quickly. Brooklyn was standing there, his entire body shivering with cold. His brown hair was soaking wet with rain. He held his hands tightly in his sweater pockets. He looked hopeless.

"Kelsey forgive me.", he spit out. "After what you told me? After all those days ignoring me? No!"

Brooklyn looked up at the dark sky squinting. "I've been thinking. It's all my fault. Just because of a family problem, I took it out on you. I'm sorry."

His hair was almost covering his eyes. Drops of water dripped from the tips of his hair. There were dark bags under his eyes.

"Are you ok?", I asked. "I've been wanting to know that for three straight days Brooklyn. You haven't said a single word."

His teeth chattered. I bit my lip and pulled him inside closing the door behind us.

I grabbed the blanket I had and wrapped it around him. My hand wiped his hair back out of his face.

"Tell me what's happening. What is making you feel this way?", I asked. Brooklyn's eyes looked down. "Being a Beckham is really rough. I have a lot of pressure on me for being a perfect person or my parents will get pointed at. I don't want that to happen. All my life, I've lived a life where I can't do anything wrong...I can't live like that anymore. I'm excepted to be better because I'm the oldest. Romeo, Harper, and Cruz get pressure on them but not as much as me. I'm just a 16 year old teenage boy. You're lucky that you live a normal life. I don't."

"Brooklyn, I understand that. I get that you have a lot of pressure on you. Have you tried talking to your parent about it?", I asked. "No. I don't know what their reaction would be."

I moved some more wet hair out of his face.

"You have to tell them Brook. It's the only way you can solve your problems. Wait...you need to get changed. You're wet!", I said as I pulled him upstairs.

Brooklyn sat on my bed while I looked for some clothes for him. I had no brothers so I have nothing. But I remembered that I still have his Manchester United jersey. I took it out and threw it at him. I searched through my drawers and found a pair of my adidas that my grandma had gotten me for Christmas that don't fit me.

Brooklyn smiled at me and began to take off his shirt. My heart Beated faster as he slid off his shirt. Brooklyn has the most amazing four pack I have ever seen. I laughed to myself and his four pack. Thinking that he would have a six pack, what the heck.

Brooklyn gave me an odd look. "Why are you staring at me like that?", he asked. I paused and Brooklyn looked down. "Oh! That's why.", he laughed and put the jersey on.

I hurried out of there before he took off his pants. He walked out of my room with dry clothes on. His hair still dropped a little.

"I do forgive you. No guy would ever stand in the rain and explain for me.", I said. I stood on my tip toes and was going to give him a kiss on his cheek but he moved and I kissed him on the lips.

I backed away laughing so loud that Brooklyn started laughing.

"Now, all we need to do, is find Jasper a birthday present.", he said.

Hey guys!
I'm going to watch Mocking Jay tonight ahhhhhh I'm so excited:))))

The next chapter will basically be about them finding a present then the next one is Jaspers partyyyyy!!!!! Just wait and see how it goes;)

~Kassie