Adopted By Muke

By Allena5SOS

"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it br... More

Adopted by Muke
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-eight

4.4K 155 100
By Allena5SOS

-Short chapter because I am running on 3-4 hours of sleep (either no caffeine or sugar) and the good parts aren't here yet... hope you like it despite how shitty it is xx-

Katelyn's point of view

I sat with Michael in his room, my legs crossed as I munched on a slice of pizza. Some movie regarding snakes and rivers and bitchy blonde girls played on the television, despite our lack of attention to it.

"So you want to dye your hair?" He asked me as he grabbed my wet, blonde hair. I nodded and he bite into his pizza. "How about this? When we go shopping for stuff, I'll pick up some hair dye for us two? Would you mind having the same color hair as me?"

"No, not really. Depends what color." I said as I picked a sausage off of my pizza, placing it in my mouth.

"What colors do you like?" He asked and I laughed. "Kidding. How about black and pink?" He asked me and I thought about it.

"Doesn't sound too bad." I said and he nodded. "I'm down. I just have to get this dye out of my hair. It's not permanent, but it is temporary." I said as I grabbed the faded red locks.

"I see." He said and nodded. "We can wait. It won't be that long." He told me and I nodded.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked him as I toyed with a pendant around my neck. It was shaped like a pair of drumsticks and it was made out of silver.

"Shoot."

"Are you the one who keeps buying me all of this stuff?" I asked him and he looked at me. "Did you buy this all for me? I saw the same exact pink bag in your car and I just thought-"

"I did actually." He said and nodded. "I bought you those necklaces, those clothes, those stuffed animals, all of it." He told me and smiled sheepishly. "That charm bracelet was for you too but I didn't-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him confused and he wiped his hands on his jeans. "Why did you keep it from me? What are they for?"

"I... I felt terrible for just using you like this you know? I wanted to apologize but Luke would yell at me and tell me to keep it a secret. So, I'd go to stores and buy things on the internet for you because I felt like you deserved it." He told me as he set his plate down.

"Did you think you could just buy me?" I asked, upset at the thought. "That buying me stuff would make me feel better once I found out about this?"

"I was hoping it'd make me feel better actually." He told me. "It kind of did, but at the same time, it made me want to buy you more things because every single hour around you made my stomach twist and turn with guilt and sorrow."

"They're amazing, I'll give you that." I said and he smiled at me. "I love them Michael, I really do."

"I was hoping you would, and I was hoping that you wouldn't find out." He said and I nodded. "I'm so sorry Katelyn, I wasn't trying to buy you at all. I just spent all that money on you because it made me feel better."

I scooted closer to him and then gave him a hug. "I was also such a dick before because I was guilty and I was scared to get close to you. It's silly but Luke wanted to take you back to the adoption center before Christmas came and I just couldn't bear the thought of it you know?"

"Oh." I said and he rubbed my back. "R-Really?"

"He did, but I won't let that happen okay princess? You're not leaving us, even if I end up being your only legal guardian. You're stuck with me okay?" He said and I laughed.

"Okay." I said and he patted my back. "I'm sorry I ended up being really bitchy towards you Michael. I didn't know that to were trying so hard to keep me happy and stuff."

"It's fine, I was a dick towards you aswell so don't take too much blame for it." He said and I nodded.

"Mikey?"

"Yes love?"

"I love you." I said and he rubbed my back. He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"I love you too princess." He said and ruffled my hair. "Now, do you want to help me finish this pizza and then go jam out in the music room? We have a drum kit in there."

"Hell yeah." I said and he laughed. I picked a slice up with him and we slung his arm over my shoulder as we looked at the movie, suddenly seeing a large snake crush a car.

"Epic." I commented and he agreed.

-

I slipped out of my bedroom after glancing at the desktop clock. It read '2:48' and I knew Michael would be asleep by now.

I couldn't sleep though, it just didn't feel right.

I walked downstairs and passed Michael's room quietly, not wanting to wake him up. I wanted to be alone.

I opened the sliding door to the backyard and then closed it softly. I sat down on a lawn chair and then I grabbed the cigarettes and lighter I still had.

I closed the door and then stepped out in the open, taking a seat in the grass as a cool gust of wind blew, tickling my bare arms and face.

I set a cigarette between my lips and then I raised the ligher, flicking it on and burning the end of it. I put the lighter out before stuffing it in my pocket and sucking in some of the snoke, only to blow it out a second later.

I looked up as it evaporated into the air and then yawned. I looked at the moon and then eyed each star, thoughts running through my hair.

I breathed in the toxic chemicals from the cigarette and then pulled it away blowing it out. I looked down at the black and red lighter after I pulled it out, thoughts of Jacob filling my mind.

"I want to breath you in like your vapor, I want to be the one you remember," I sang quietly as I took a breath of smoke, blowing it out moments after.

"Where did you hear that song?" Someone asked and I gulped. "And what in the world are you doing?"

"Uh, nothing." I said and gulped. He was asleep, I know he was, why was he awake right now?

"Give it." He said sternly as he stepped up to me. I sighed and then handed it to him, watching the way he smashed it on to the concrete. "What are you doing up? Especially smoking?"

"I don't know." I aaid and handed the pack since he still had his hand held out. "I want the lighter, it's Jacob's." I said and he nodded.

"You're not going to fuck your life up by smoking. I won't allow it." He said and I nodded, feeling slightly ashamed. Everyone's telling me not to do it but I end up doing it anyways.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you up? I thought you went to bed hours ago." He said as he sat down across from me.

"I did, but I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I don't know why, I just couldn't." I told him and he nodded.

"I'm not going to sleep until you do." He said and I looked at him. "So you either go to sleep, or were stuck talking all night. Pick one."

"I can't. Just go to sleep. I'm fine." I said and he looked at me. "Really. You need it."

"Nice try, but I'm not sleeping until you do." He said and I looked at him. "Either we both get seven hours of sleep, or we both become assholes in the morning."

"Fine. I'm going inside." I said and he nodded. "Come on."

We stood up and he followed me inside. I went up to my room and he followed. "You need to fall asleep before I do."

"Are you just going to watch me all night?" I asked and he nodded as I pulled the blanket over me.

He sat on the bed and I huffed. "Come here you asshole." I said and he laughed.

"I'm the asshole? I hope you know that I can still ground you missy." He said and then laid down beside me. "Go to sleep so I can."

"Fine." I said and turned around. He chuckled and I yawned a bit, laughing as he pulled me close. "Kind of weird yeah?"

"Not like we're dating, that's illegal." He aaid and I nodded, true. "Now go to sleep."

"Fine." I sighed and then closed my eyes said he hummed a song.

-

Question of the chapter:

-Favorite song off of Sounds Good Feels Good?

Author's answer:

-Told you this already, but I live for the songs Vapor, Broken Home, and Castaway.

Reader's answer:

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
30.1K 595 37
[This story was all my idea, please don't steal. If you would like to do something close to this idea please message me requesting if you can. It is...
4.6K 16 43
-you saved my life, it's the least I can do. what is your name?- -I don't have a name...- 2018