Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

25- Fighting back

578 63 14
By shinymewgirl

I was traveling slightly behind Red and Silver as we traveled across to Culmarine city. I had my hood up over my head and my head down. Being recognised was the last thing I wanted, especially now. Over the past week we'd had several sightings of Team Prosperity, each time, I'd taken them down. They were all only grunts trying to steal or trade for Pokémon that could mega evolve, however as soon as they caught sight of me, I became their main target. The Scizor's they used were weak against my Fighting type moves which out of the types I had mastered, was the best to use. Trying to keep Anne out of harms way was proving to be a difficult task, both Silver and Red flatly refused to leave to fight on my own and Night's job was protecting me, not Anne. So normally, if we ran into and grunts, I sent Melody or Faith off with Anne. She had long ago recognised me as the 'world regional champion' as I'm commonly referred to now and was keeping quiet about it and since the world now knew of my ability thanks to the incidents of Unova, she thankfully thought my ability over the elements was awesome and thought nothing bad of me because of it. I'd actually become quite close with Anne, being able to relate to her situation and all. For her, it had only been a few months compared to my two years but it had still been bad for her.

I sighed, fiddling tiredly with my hood. Things were happening to quickly for me to comprehend at the moment. Silver was acting weird lately as well, whenever he would go to say something, especially when I was going to do something reckless or dangerous, he'd just stop talking and tell me to never mind.

I looked down at the little kid holding my hand. I knew I would be sad to see her go, but she wasn't safe with us. Not with everything that's happening. Anne looked up at me when she felt my eyes on her and smiled, I smiled back despite the conflict raging along inside me. What use would it be upsetting the kid over my confusing emotions.

"Hey Emmmmmmmmma?"

I snapped back to reality and looked at Red who was waving a hand in front of my face. "Yeah, sorry. I was zoning out."

"Obviously, anyway, you want to set up camp? It will be dark soon."

I bit down on my lip and shook my head. "Let's go just a little further..."

"Emmmmmmmma, my paws are sore." Night whined.

"Then go in your Pokéball, I'm not stopping you."

"But I need to protect yoooooooooou." She continued in her same whiny voice.

"Well you can't protect me if your paws are sore." I shot back.

Night went silent for a moment. "Touché."

I sighed slightly, in the brief moment Night and I had been arguing, a bad feeling had settled in the pit of my stomach. I didn't want to set up camp yet but I'd forced everyone to walk all through the day and it really wasn't fair on them. "Fine, but let's at least get out of the open."

Red nodded and called to Silver who was waiting impatiently slightly ahead. We walked off the main path into the surrounding shrubbery until we found a small, hidden clearing. It was a just big enough to hold out small camp of four but would do us the night. I volunteered to get fire wood, releasing my Pokémon from their Pokéballs to assist with the camp set up. Night trotted by my side while Hope and Trust remained at the Campton keep an eye on Anne. Who knows where Faith and Melody ended up.

"So what's on your mind?" Night chirped.

I shrugged. "Something bad is going to happen. I know it..."

"Then why are you wandering off?"

"Because I want to find whatever it is before it gets is gets to our camp."

"And you're not telling Silver, because?"

"Because I can manage myself."

"Totally proven by the amounts of time you've been kidnapped."

"Oh fuck off."

"I'd like to see you make me." Night smirked. "Guardian angel bitches!"

"I though you were the bitch."

"Oh I am, make no mistake of that."

"Off is now the direction on which you should fuck."

"What?"

"Fuck off."

"You're mean."

"Remind me when I give a damn."

"Okay, I will hold you to that." Her ears twitched slightly.

Without warning she dashed in front of me, throwing up a force field around me. Before I could question her move three Shadow Balls were sent flying in our direction, disintegrating upon contact with the flame coloured field. Night's fangs were pulled into a growl as the Protect faded. Her ears pricked on high alert as I formed a ball of water at my fingertips.

"Show yourself!" I ordered angrily.

Three Team Galactic grunts stepped out of the bushes followed by the Admin Saturn. I hadn't ever had much conflict with him but he worked for my father so was instantly on my bad list. The grunts each had a Golbat by their side, classic grunt Pokémon?

Night's fur bristled as she took a step backwards, closer to me.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

Saturn rolled his eyes, giving me a crude look. "What do you think I'm here for?"

"If it's me, forget it."

"I have orders and I'm not leaving empty handed Emma." He said my name like it was a profanity to him and the very word disgusted him.

"I'm afraid you are." Night growled, standing protectively between Saturn and I.

"Well, you see. After the events in Unova, Team Plasma disbanded. Leaving a very interesting triad without a leader to serve. Cyrus offered them a job and they accepted. I'm sure you're well acquainted with them, if not, you're about to."

I saw what was coming this time. N had pulled the Shadow Triad trick on me enough times for me to be able to now counter it by now. I waited until their aura was added to my senses before I spun around, turning the ball of water in my hand into a wave that hit all three. I glared at them, my purple flecks turning emerald green as a pulled several roots up from the earth to ensnare the Shadow Triad.

I turned back to Saturn and glared with all the hatred I could muster. "Is that all you can do?"

"Far from it." He smirked, pulling a Pokéball from his belt. "How about a battle? One on one?"

"If I don't accept?"

"You don't have to." Saturn smirked as a new aura flashed up behind me, pressing a blade against my neck.

I bit down on my tongue to force myself to keep still, until I elbowed my capture in the ribs and spun around to find one of the Shadow Triad had freed themselves from my attack. I let out a growl as he threw a punch at me, I jumped backwards, kicking him in the nuts in the process. However I tripped over Night who was closer to me then I thought and I was sent crashing to the ground. My head slammed against the forest floor and I groaned as dark spots entered my vision. I struggled to push myself up to my knees, Night was at my side, wrapping her tails around me as I clutched my spinning head. I cursed under my breath as I struggled to see straight.

Night leapt from my side and when I looked up, she was engaged in a battle with a Toxicroak. She didn't stray to far from me, always making sure though that I wasn't in any danger from any of Toxicroak's attacks.

An aura from behind dashed towards me, I turned around, shooting a jet of water in the general direction. I missed the Shadow Triad member, leaving myself open for him to once more press his knife against my neck and twist my arm painfully behind my back, I was still on my knees and now completely defenceless.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance while glaring at Saturn like Pokéshit on the bottom of my shoe. "Let me go!" I demanded, even though it was pointless. I struggled against the Shadow Triad member until he pushed the blade harder against me neck.

Night by now had realised what was going on, growling at the ninja person holding me. The distraction gave her opponent the opening it need to strike her down, slamming his fist against the back of her head which knocked down and out.

"Night!"

Saturn smirked at me. "Still think I'm leaving empty handed?" He turned to his grunts. "Get the Ninetales and get them both to the helicopter."

I groaned loudly, throwing my head back, accidentally head butting the Triad member holding me. He didn't seem to appreciate it because he removed the knife from my neck only to burry it deeply into my arm.

I cried out as blood flowed out and down my arm, hitting the plants on the ground beneath me. "Fuck you all!"

Saturn smirked as I was forced to my feet and pushed forward. I struggled pointlessly, refusing to back down against the asshole that worked for my father. Finding the situation desperate, I started shouting for Silver, hoping that I hadn't wandered that far off from the camp. The blade was removed from my neck and my other wrists was twisted behind my back like the first. I shouted for my brother again, my voice coming out in pained gasps.

"Shut her up, we just need her." Saturn hissed.

The other Shadow Triad members had free themselves by this point and had joined the side of the third as a grunt tried to force a gag in my mouth, not appreciating the thought of a gag, I bit down on his hand-- hard.

I smirked, sticking my tongue before calling out again. "Silver! Get your god forsaking ass over here!" I shouted angrily, surely someone had to hear me.

The grunt fought with me pointlessly until Saturn simply ordered to return to helicopter before my brother arrived. I planted my feet on the ground, trying to delay them until either my brother or Pokémon got here. Eventually, even with my struggling, we made it to an all grey helicopter, the signature yellow 'G' of Team Galactic stood out proudly on the side.

I gritted my teeth, planting them firmly against the dirt but with one final shove my feet hit the hard metal of the copter. I was dragged over to one of the seats furthest from the door and forced into the chair, my arms pulled behind my back and tied there with my palms faced together so I couldn't attack anything. Night was taken somewhere behind me but I couldn't see and she was still unconscious.

"Night Night Night Night Night Night NightNightNightNightNightNight! Wake the fuck up and do your job you lazy fuck!"

I sighed in annoyance as a brilliant idea came to mind. I innocently kicked the back of the chair in front of be, staring out the window as Saturn turned to glare at me. I mentally cursed as the helicopter started to take off but not before several more grunts boarded. I didn't know where they had come from since I only saw Saturn with three plus the Shadow Triad. I boredly started kicking Saturn's chair over and over until he turned around to glare at me. "I'm board." I whined, kicking his chair over an over. "I'm hungry. I need the bathroom. I'm thirsty. My arm's still bleeding. My arms are sore."

"Stop kicking my chair or I'll have your feet tied down to." He growled. "And stop whining."

I huffed and flicked my head while trying to think of some other way to annoy Saturn.

"I know an annoying song, annoying song, annoying song. I know an annoying song and it goes like this~!" I repeated this several times until Saturn finally snapped.

"Will someone please shut her up." He growled. "And whoever does gets a raise."

At least ten grunts came at me at once trying to gag me but I continued either snapping at them or dodging whatever piece of rope or cloth they tried to use. Eventually however one of the grunts succeeded in getting a crooked piece of duck tape over my mouth. I glared at the grunt who was cheering at his success. I was starting to panic and breathing seemed difficult as I struggled in my chair.

I attempted to make fire from my hands to burn though the rope but only succeeded in heating up my hands. I forced my body I relax, staring out at the passing clouds. I didn't want to cry, not here but I was close to it.

"Night, please wake up." I begged.

Emma?

"Night!"

What happened?

"Where are you?"

A cage in some sort or broom closet... I think.

"Can you get out?"

Would I still be here if I could?

"Probably not..."

Are you okay?

"Yeah... I'm pretty scared though... And my arm's bleeding pretty badly."

It's going to be okay. I've already called for Faith and Melody, we won't be here long.

I didn't reply for several moments, not wanting to stop talking but not knowing what to say. "Are you okay?"

Yes... 

"Are you sure?"

Umm, Nooo... I think I might have been poisoned during the battle but I'll be fine.

"Are you sure?"

Stop asking if I'm sure. My job is to keep you safe.

"You're still one of my Pokémon and it's my job to keep you safe."

Night sighed. Okay, whatever. How's your arm?

"Still bleeding." I answered after glancing down at the cut on my arm.

Can you cover it up?

"I'm tied to a chair with duck tape over my mouth."

So, no?

"No."

Okay, try and keep yourself calm then.

"Okay, can you keep talking to me though?"

If you want.

"Thanks..."

No problem. Whereabouts are you?

"In the front of the helicopter, tied to a chair."

Okay. Did you at any chance see Silver and the others?

"No but I think there were other grunts keeping him busy, more came in before we took off."

Night didn't reply for several moments. They'll... Come... Night sounded exhausted, no doubt the poison was taking effect.

"Hang in there Night, please."

Night chuckled slightly. Of course... Someone... Has to keep... An eye... On you...

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
word count: 2439

Sorry this happened again so fast, I'm running out of space to write .-.

I thought Emma and Night were cute together in this chapter, having an 'argument' before Night started protecting Emma. Cute >~<

And Emma in this chapter. Sassy even when getting kidnapped by her father's goons, gotta love it BP

So please vote and comment. Pleeeaaase~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
49.5K 2.7K 29
Once upon a time, there lived a poor little girl in the dirty streets of the human world. With her parents gone and her having to survive alone, she...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...