Adopted By Muke

By Allena5SOS

"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it br... More

Adopted by Muke
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

5.4K 165 183
By Allena5SOS

Katelyn's point of view

"Where are you going again?" Michael asked me as I tossed a black sweatshirt with a floral print anchor on my bed.

"I'm going to the mall with Jacob to pick up Halloween costumes. Don't worry, I'll send you pictures and see if it's 'appropriate' or not." I said and laughed.

"You better. If you come home with some tiny dress and long heels I will... I will ground you and you won't be able to leave the house for a month." He said and I laughed.

"Yes Michael." I said and tossed a black bandana on my bed aswell. "Can I get dressed now or are you going to be a pervert and stay in here?"

"I'm leaving, I'm leaving." He said and laughed. "There will be some money on the counter for you okay? Me and Luke will be in our room."

"Okay, thank you Micahel." I said and kissed his cheek. He nodded and then left the room, closing my door behind him.

I changed out of my pajamas and then threw the black sweatshirt on, fixing it because it was supposed to be off the shoulder. I yanked some black skinny jeans on and then tired the bandana around my head like a hairband.

I pinned my hair up into a messy but presentable bun and then I yanked on some black combat boots. I laced them up and then stood up, quickly fixing my make-up.

Once I finished, I left my bed room with my phone in my back pocket and then went downstairs. I grabbed the money they left for me and then put them behind my phone in my phone case.

I went to the door when there was a knock and I saw Jacob. "Hey, are you ready?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Bye guys! I'll be home soon!" I yelled and Michael yelled back at me that he knows everything and will find out if we do something inappropriate.

"Idiots." I muttered and Jacob laughed. We left the house and then I closed the door. I followed him to his car and I got into the passenger seat.

I buckled up and then looked at him. "I stopped by Macca's to pick up some french fries and drinks just in case you get hungry." He said and handed me a bag.

"I think I love you." I said and he laughed. I reached into the bag and munched on a fry. "You look good." I said and he chuckled.

"Thanks. You look amazing too, as always." He said as he pulled out of the driveway. I blushed and then mumbled a quick 'thank you' to him.

"I have an auxiliary chord in the glove department if you want to play music off your phone." He said and I nodded. I wiped my hands on my jeans and then opened the department.

I plugged it in and then turned my phone on. He chuckled and I immediately opened my music playlist. I put the shuffle and Jacob fixed the mode on the stereo.

The song Dracula by Bea Miller played and Jacob looked at me. "Who's this?" He asked and I nodded to the song, feeding him a french fry since he was driving.

"It's Bea Miller." I said and he nodded. "She's amazing." I told him and he just shrugged, telling me he couldn't make a judgement.

"I've got my type, tattoos and skinny jeans, black boots and piercings, a public enemy." I sang along and he chuckled.

"Ironic, don't you think? Take tattoos out, and you just described me." He said and I looked at him. He flashed me a smile and I laughed. "So-"

"Not a chance sunshine." I said and we laughed. He didn't seem to be serious so I guess I didn't come off as rude. I was joking after all.

"Did Michael and Luke give you money?" He asked and I nodded. "Okay. I brought extra just in case but it seems you got it covered."

"They got my back." I said and chuckled. He nodded and I leaned back into the chair, rolling my window down. I stuck my hand out of the open window and he looked at me.

"Who's this?" He asked as a Halsey song came on. "It sounds really familiar." He told me.

"It's called Young God by Halsey." I said and he nodded. "It's off her new album called BADLANDS, you should listen to it." I told him.

"Maybe I will. I know this song though, I don't know how, but I know this song." He told me and nodded as he leaned back a bit, taking a hand off of the steering wheel. He put it outside aswell and then chuckled.

"Kind of inappropriate yeah?"

"I guess. I like it though, it's catchy." I said and he nodded. "She sounds so hot when she says 'babygirl'. Wow."

He hummed in agreement and then looked at me. I didn't look back though, I could feel him looking at me, but then he turned back to the road as I smiled a bit.

-

"This is the store." He said and I nodded. We walked in and he picked up a basket.

"Very Halloween-y." I said and he laughed. "Look, black wings, that's for you." I told him and he grabbed the pair.

We walked around some more and he got a few more things, like a black leather choker and a small tube of fake blood. He even got red eye contacts because 'demons have red eyes'.

"I'm gonna be cliché." He said and held up the basket he had. "What do you want to be so we can get the stuff?"

"I wanted to be an angel but that's too cliché but at the same time a princess is really cliché too." I huffed and he looked at me.

"Sometimes cliché is good, especially on Halloween." He told me and I saw a vampire on a stand nearby. "I'm being lazy with mine. Mine is just a bunch of black."

"Let's be cliché then." I said and I took his contacts out of the basket. There were six pairs in there and I looked at him. "Can I borrow a pair?"

"Sure." He said and nodded. "Planning on like being a devil or something evil like me?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm gonna be the walking dead." I said and he nodded. "I need a white dress, lots of fake blood, temporary crimson hair dye, and lots of dark eye make-up." I told him.

"Are you going to tell the guys?" He asked and I shook my head. "I thought they wanted you to show them what you got to see if it's appropriate?" He asked as we walked around.

"This is appropriate." I said and he shrugged. "I mean, come on, they think I'm coming home with a body con dress and some high heels. This isn't even close." I told him and grabbed a choker that looked like your neck was cut and dripping blood.

"True." He aaid and nodded. "For extra measures, if you can't find the perfect dress, buy one with a lot of volume in it and rip it up a bit so it looks more realistic."

"Your smart, this is why we're friends." I told him as I grabbed some really pale lipstick since dead people have pale lips and some really dark mascara and eyeshadow. "Should I go all out? Down to nail polish?"

"I would. Halloween only comes once a year." He said and I nodded as I grabbed a crimson red nail polish. I had a bunch of other nail things back home so I didn't need anymore.

"Here's your hair dye and fake blood." He said and showed it to me. He out them in the basket and I grabbed three more bottles of fake blood. "Woah, so much?" He asked and I nodded.

"I have big plans." I told him and he nodded. "I'm going to make the dress bloody and then I'm going to maybe just wear white flats, I don't know if I want to stain them red. And I'm gonna put some around my mouth and neck and arms and stuff. It'll be epic." I said and he nodded.

"If it turns out the way you want." He said and I nodded. "Is that all that you need from here? If so, we can go pay now."

"Yep, that'd all I need. I have everything else at home besides for the dress." I told him and he nodded.

We went to the register and I took my things out. "I don't want you paying for my stuff, I got it." I told him and he nodded.

"It's not a big deal but okay." He said and then paid for his things. I set mine down after and took my phone out popping it out of the case.

"Smart." Jacob said and I nodded. I gave the man the money after he scanned all the items. He put it in a bag and then handed me back my change.

"Thank you! Have a great day sir." I said happily and he smiled, giving me a nod.

We left the store and Jacob looked around. "So, a dress?" He asked and I nodded. "Some cheap one to ruin... Do you have enough for one?"

"I have like sixty dollars left, I'm good." I said and he nodded. We walked around the mall a bit and then he nudged me. "What? Find a cute girl?"

"Yes and no." He said and chuckled. "There's a dress store ahead, I can see the mannequins." He told me and I nodded.

"Where's that cute girl?" I asked as I nudged him. He blushed but kept his lips shut. "Fine then, don't tell me." I said and walked ahead of him, pretending to be offended.

"Hey! Wait for me!" He said and I laughed as he ran up to me. He grabbed me as he stopped and I smashed into his chest. "You made me run."

"Get that exercise man." I said and he laughed as he let me go. "Come on, let's go in." I said and he stopped.

"Do I have to?" He asked and I looked at him. "I hate dress shopping. Wow, I did not think this through."

"What? Is Mr. Bad Boy scared of some pastel colors and some dresses?" I asked him as I set my hand on my hip.

"My hair is pastel, if I was afraid of pastel colors I'd have dark hair." He told me and I nodded. I narrowed my eyes at him and he groaned. "Fine. Let's get your white dress and leave."

"Not like being in a dress shop will make you a girl." I scoffed and we looked around. He huffed and we walked around the store, splitting up.

"Is there anything you're looking for?" A lady asked and I looked at her.

"I'm looking for a white dress that's like kind of short but not too short. It looks like a princess gown almost." I told her and she nodded.

"I believe I know what you're talking about." She said and I nodded. I followed her and she led me to where Jacob was. "Excuse me, do you need anything?" She asked Jacob kind of rudely.

"He's with me ma'am, please don't be rude to him." I said and she looked between us. "He's a family member, same mum, different dad." I lied and she nodded.

"Very well." She told us and looked around. "Is this what you're looking for?" She asked as she held up a perfect dress.

"Yes it is." I said and grabbed the price tag. "Fifty dollars only? Nice. Come on Jacob, I'm gonna buy it."

"Shouldn't you like try it on first?" He asked and I nodded. "Where would you be without me?"

"At home because you're my ride." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Where are the dressing rooms?" I asked as I took the dress from her.

"Just over there." She said and I nodded. Jacob followed me and pulled his phone out as he stood outside the stall.

I stripped out of my clothes and then put the dress on. I zipped it up easily since it was on the side and then I opened the stall.

"Does it look good?" I asked Jacob and he looked up from his phone. "I feel like it's perfect but I don't know. Is it too short?" I asked.

"You forgot to lace up the back." He told me and I moved my hair. He laced it up and I sucked in my stomach a bit. God damn, how do famous women wear things like this all the time?

"Does it look good?" I asked again and he looked. "Is the length 'appropriate'?" I asked, putting quotations around the word.

"Yeah, looks great." He said and smiled at me. "You look beautiful." He said and I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and went back into the stall. I changed back and threw the dress over my arm as I exited the room. "I'm buying it."

He nodded and we went to the counter. I handed her the dress and then the money. She scanned it and then put it inside of a bag.

"Thank you. Have a wonderful day." I said and smiled politely at her. She nodded and then me and Jacob left the store. "Is that all?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Come on, let's go then." He said and I nodded. We left the store and I saw a man who was asking for money. He was dirty and his clothes looked ragged and so sad. The man he asked said he had no money, even though he was walking into the store, and I frowned a bit.

Oh...

"Hold my things." I said and shoved them them Jacob's hands. He nodded and I grabbed the last of my money. I went over to the man and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh my-Katelyn!" Jacob said as the man looked at me. "Come he-"

"Here you go sir. It's the last of what I have." I said and smiled. He looked looked at me and smiled as he took the money.

"Thank you. Thank you so much young lady." He said and I nodded as I told him that it was nothing.

Jacob dragged me away and I looked at him. "Hey! He needed it more than I did Jake! Did you see him? He looked so sad and dirty and unhealthy, maybe that ten bought him dinner and a new shirt." I said.

"You don't just go up to random men though." He said as we went to his car. "That was really sweet of you but you can't go up to random men. What if he was a bad person?"

"You have to see the good side Jacob! Not everyone is bad, but yes, not everyone is good. You just have to be nice anyways because maybe you made that person's life better. Maybe you stopped them from giving up. Kindness never goes to waste."

-

Question of the chapter:

-What is the nicest thing you've done for someone who's out on the streets begging for money?

Author's answer:

-I once bought someone a whole meal from McDonald's (drink + burger and fries + cookie) and a coat from Target since it was getting into Winter

Reader's answer:

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4K 39
In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way.
921 64 28
They just wanted to meet the band that brought them together... They didn't know it'd tare them apart
32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
203K 8.1K 35
"So.. I was adopted by a guitarist and a bassist in a band?" "Pretty much." "Cool."