Surviving the Boys {Completed}

By livelaughlove2013

My name is Marley Rose Kent and my mother and sister were killed in a terrible fire. Because my father didn't... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
NEWS

Chapter Thirteen

15.6K 656 36
By livelaughlove2013

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this book. I have over 600 reads and I am SOOOOO happy.

This chapter is dedicated to Nicolecoffin for the very lovely message she sent to me. Thank you so much I love feed back <3

Remember that the more votes and comments I get the faster I will update J

Not edited so please bare with me

Chapter Thirteen:

"Marley we need to go come on!" Blake shouted tugging on my hand.

They had found us.

After getting ready for weeks I still didn’t think that I was prepared for this.

I wasn’t ready, not yet anyways.

"I can't do this," I whispered.

"You'll be ok. We are going to sort it out so you just need to stay here." Brody instructed, pulling Blake off me. "Get the gun and Marley."

I turned around and looked up at him. He looked carm and confident standing there in front of us all taking charge.

"Yes?"

"You no matter what happens to us you need to be brave, ok. There is only a few of them so you and a few of the girls are going to here and pack quickly. Only take things you need. Get dressed and stay down after we have killed the people we are going to make a run for it to the next base. Do you understand?" He asked. I nodded and he shoved a few tramping packs in to my hands.

When the boys disappeared out the door I ran up to the bedrooms trying my hardest to ignore the shaking of my hands. First I went to our bedroom and threw on the first cloths I could find. A pair of black shorts and a black singlet underneath a hoodie that belonged to one of the boys. I shoved my feet into a pair of combat boots before running down stairs. Cassidy and Lilly were still inside. They were both dressed and packing weapons into a few of there bags.

"Marley pack food, crackers, noodles easy things like that!" Lilly shouted not looking up at me. In the two packs I stuffed as much as I could in.

As I moved onto the second pack I heard eight gunshots followed by someone shouting Blake’s name.

"Blake," I whispered as I sunk to the floor and hid my head in my knees. I couldn't breath.

What if he was hurt.

 For some weird reason my body hurt when I thought about loosing him. I needed him. He was my best friend. And for some weird reason I felt as if I had a weird connection with him.

God I think I had a crush on Blake Kingsley.

"Are you alright?" Lilly and Cassidy asked leaning down next to me. They rubbed soothing circles on my back but it didn't work. Nothing would carm me down until I knew that everyone was safe.

"Is Blake alright?" I asked looking up at them.

" We don't know Marley," Cassidy replied. Tears started to ran down my face and I started panicking again. The girls didn't know what to do so they sat next to me and waited.

About twenty minutes later the front door opened and I heard footsteps approaching. I couldn't bring myself to look up and see if anyone was missing. Cassidy and Lilly stood up and left me alone.

"Marley," someone called from behind me. I had a feeling that is was Brody but I couldn’t be bothered looking. When I didn't reply the person talked to someone behind them and then I heard Lilly say something quietly. A few seconds later someone pulled me up and rested me on the bench. They then placed themselves between my legs and grabbed my chin. "What's wrong?" The familiar voice asked. I looked up and sob in delight when I saw Blake watching me.

"Your alive," he smiled wiping the tears off my cheeks like he had done a little earlier.

"Yeah why someone was worried about little old me?"

"Yes," I told him not worried about admitting it.

"You shouldn't,"

"I know," I lent my forehead against his and looked over his face. He had a small cut on his lip and a bruise on his cheek. I ran my finger over his cheek before moving it down to his lip wiping the small trickle of blood off it. "Does it hurt?" I asked.

"It's not that bad," he replied not moving away.

"Would you two kiss we kind of need to get a move on!" Brody shouted.

"I'm getting there!" Blake called back making me blush.

Holey crap.

I had to admit I was looking forward to it.

"Would you please hurry up," I whispered. He smirked, raising his eyebrow before leaning in.

When I decided he was taking to long I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He instantly deepened the kiss, licking my lip and asking for entrance. I granted it smiling against his lips when he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

I tangled my fingers in his hair at the same time that he pulled me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist so I wouldn’t fall. Not that I thought he would drop me. He placed a hand under my thigh holding me up.

"Ok well done you made up now we need to move!" Brody shouted. I pulled away from him reluctantly and blushed bright red when one of the boys wolf whistled.

Blake slowly lowered me to the ground placing me in the next to him. I smiled brightly when I noticed that no one was hurt.

                                                            ~/~/~

There were thirteen tramping packs so all the boys except for the twins grabbed one. Blake didn’t let go of my hand as we walked towards the forest. I was a little worried about what would be in there but I knew that these people weren’t going to let me get hurt. They proved that today with the way that they charged out to the attack without second thought.

"Where are we going?" I asked Blake as we were placed in the middle of the group. It was as if everyone was creating a barrier around me.

"Somewhere a little safer," Blake told me placing a kiss on my forehead. We reached a little shed after about a 15 minute walk. Brody pushed a special code into key pad that I had never noticed. When the door I gasped in surprise to see a room that was filled with high tech gear.

“Who owns all this stuff?” It was truly amazing, from what I could see you could go through a door and down some stairs that went underground. On all three walls were either weapons, ammunition or protective gear. But it was what lay in the middle that made me smile with satisfaction.

In the middle stood 20 of the most beautiful motorbikes I’d ever seen. I didn’t know what brand they were but they looked expensive.

“This is all yours,” Parker told me pointing to the closet at the far side of the wall. On the door was a message I stepped forward and read it out loud.

“It doesn’t matter how tough we are trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, changes our lives. Trauma messes everybody up but maybe, that’s the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through that is what keeps us moving forward. It’s what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up before we can step up and straighten everything out,”

I wiped away a silent tear, it was if who ever wrote that knew about my life.  Opening the door handle I found an envelope with Marley written neatly on top. I placed the letter in my pocket before grabbing the back pack.

“Lets get out of here,” everyone nodded and jumped on a motorbike. I sat behind Blake and wrapped my arms around his waist leaning into him. We shut the door hiding it back in the mountain. Looking back as we drove I realized that it looked just like a boulder.

I didn’t pay much attention to where we were going. By early after noon we pulled up on a gravel road. It lead around a few bends before showing us a large house. Even I could sense that this place was different. Like someone was watching us. Faintly I could see another buildings roof sticking out of the forest. When we had all hoped off the bikes and parked them up.

A group of men and women stood in front of us.

“When did they find you?” The man asked. The man looked us up and down individually before stopping when he reached me. He was older then everyone else. He had grey hair and kind blue eyes that brightened when he made eye contact with me. My breath caught in my throat when he smiled. Something in my brain clicked and I knew that this man was some how related to me. I didn’t know what it was but I could just feel a connection.

“Gramps,” I whispered, by now everyone was watching us. The man nodded slightly. In stead of saying anything I bolted forward and ran into his already open arms. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close to his chest.

“It’s been to long baby girl,” he whispered.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 211 16
In little words, I'm in love with my soon to be brother. I don't want to be. But I am. My mother always told me, 'if you love something, you have to...
280 5 21
When I was born, the hospital my mother was in caught fire. She didn't make it due to severe burns, so I was put in a foster home. I suffer from dysl...
514 11 24
Kimberly Stone meet Mark Lucas Sanders when she is thirteen while Mark is sixteen. She got a crush on him she is chasing him for a long time but alw...
13K 350 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...