BOOK 3: The Mafia Game (Hiatu...

By vixenfobia

SERIES 3 || Find the real enemy. Trust no one. ©2014 More

The Mafia Game: Troublemaker
TMG 01: Welcome Ad Infernum
TMG 02: Background Check
TMG 03: Meet and Greet
TMG 04: Be Tamed
TMG 05: Superiors' Pack
TMG 06: Wicked Ways
TMG 07: Rubik's Theory
TMG 08: Taunting Game
TMG 09: Killed the Cat
TMG 10: Obscure
TMG 11: Strange
TMG 12: Invitation
TMG 13: Lown
TMG 14: Acquaintance
TMG 15: Masquerade
TMG 16: Nightfall
TMG 17: Offbeat
TMG 18: Bezarius 1
TMG 19: Bezarius 2
TMG 20: First Move
TMG 21: Caught
TMG 22: His Obsession
TMG 23: Toxic Anticipation
TMG 24: The Mafia Empress
TMG 25: She, the Lass
The Mafia Game: Gamer
TMG 26: Bloody Monday
TMG 27: The Call
TMG 28: Indebt with Empress
TMG 29: Payback is a Bitch
TMG 30: Hidden Monster
TMG 31: Double Crosser
TMG 32: Lone Battle
TMG 33: Shadow Behind
TMG 34: Under Your Sleeve
TMG 35: Her Story
TMG 36: Sports Fest
TMG 37: Doubts and Trust
TMG 38: Guns and Roses
TMG 39: Confused
TMG 40: Repel
TMG 41: Damsel in Distress
TMG 42: Turning Point
TMG 43: Tell Me About It
TMG 44: Butterfly
TMG 46: Unlost
TMG 47: Shattering
REST
TMG 48: Unmasked
TMG 49: Faded Kaleidoscope
TMG 50: Crestfallen
NOTICE
TMG 51: Amaryllis
TMG 52: Forget Me Not
TMG 53: Snake Bites
TMG 54: Bold Attempt
Hi?

TMG 45: Stay With Me

5K 122 6
By vixenfobia

TMG 45

Vincent Mc Garden

"Someone's toying with your innocent girl."

I brought the book down on my lap, closing it with thumb in between pages for a makeshift bookmark not to lose the page I'm currently on and slowly look up where the familiar baritone voice came from. There he is, looking upside down on me with an annoying lopsided smile plastered on his lips, mint breath faintly fanning atop my head from bending. The short distance is not what I'm used to, but finding it weirdly comfortable.

"Stop looking at someone's stuff, nosy devil," I chides, frowning.

His lopsided smile turns into a satisfied smirk before stooding upright, widening the distance between our faces. "I'm just still amused you're actually a bookworm. You don't seem the type though."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I raised him a brow, shooting it up and almost reaching my hairline. This guy really knows what button to push just to annoy me for his obvious entertainment.

He shrugs, smirk still on before sitting on the vacant seat on my right.

I hissed, bringing the book up to continue on reading.

The silence was there, as per usual. He's not cut for talking and so was I. He's just there, sitting, forehead pressed on his forearm resting on the armchair. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few minutes, I'd hear soft snores from him.

The whole classroom is still empty, noting that this day would be the last day of school before the students finally get to relax or wildly spend the Christmas vacation. The event was sticking right up under the nose, days counting less than two weeks before exchanging gifts and dancing under the mistletoe. However, I'm not as excited as them. I stopped celebrating since mom's death. And there's no one to celebrate the occasion, too. It's not like I can drag my dad out of his office to eat Noche Buena with me. He can't even eat breakfast, lunch or dinner with her daughter, what more other occasions? I always received gifts from him though, just like when my birthday hits him a couple weeks later than the exact date. I grew accustomed to that, no hard feelings. And it's not like I have a solid relation with my dad. We clashed more often than not.

I was too occupied on my own thoughts rather than what I'm reading that I jolted from my seat when the door practically flew open and winced at the sound when it slamed on the wall so loud it stirred the man beside me from his sleep.

It's the rest of Superiors.

"Good morning, Vincent!" Devy shouted, running from the door to my seat with his shoulder bag flying on her side. "Why are you both so early, huh?" she asked, brows wiggling with a matching smirk I don't like to think that there's a meaning behind it, well obviously there is. But I still don't like the idea.

It's barely seven in the morning and it's really unusual of me to be here in this early hour. Most importantly, not to be the first person sitting inside the room with only Azmael, a guy they know I couldn't stand anywhere near me – it's weird. Unlike Devy spewing unbelievable amount of energy from stupid-o'clock in the morning, bouncing on her heels – that's the usual.

"May you find your chill and shut up," I deadpans, eyes withdrawing from her to the book.

Jeez. I definitely lose all the interest on reading now.

"You're still mean," she pouted before tugging her lips into a splitting face smile. Oh, too bright.

"Is everything fine now?" Alex asked, standing on Devy's left with her hands clasped behind her, "you haven't talk anything about the reason why you were missing; where were you the whole week. Okay, I mean, how to even put that?" she rumbles, a mixture of concern, nervousness and hesitation sitting on her face. She sounded like she's talking to herself more than anyone else in the room. Before she fixed her eyes on me again, eyes soften. "I mean, pareho kayong bigla na lamang nawala ni Azmael. At narinig ko rin na tulad niyo, hindi rin umaattend ng klase niya si King. I don't know if you both purposely shut about it because you don't want anyone to know, but I just want to make sure everything's fine now."

I stared at her, searching for her eyes and all was written is concern. If I'm just a normal teenage, I would find the situation overwhelming, heart swelling and emotions surging into every nook of my system. But the unfortunate fact is, I'm not. I was not made for dramas. I'm not used with all these. But I still find myself oddly sinking into a puddle of guilt for making her feel like this just by staring at her expressions and listening to her tone.

"Everything's fine now." Was all it took for her to release a sigh of relief, the action almost hilarious if it wasn't for her genuine smile and a sincere "that's good to hear".

The school soon start with Azmael still sleeping soundly beside me. Head almost bent in an awkward angle I wouldn't be surprised if he complained about his stiff neck the moment he woke up. None of the professors dared say a word though, they even tried to avert their eyes from our direction and proceeded to the lessons like no one's sleeping in their classes and everyone's just as attentive as they think. An obvious lie that made me roll my eyes to every time.

Time has been dragging everything in a fast pace, almost in a blurr I didn't notice the dark sky is starting to lick on the afternoon set, and soon, we found ourselves walking on the hallway heading out of the building with each of the student greeting the Superiors or mostly Devy and Alex with an enthusiastic "Advance Merry Chistmas!" and an answer that was as enthusiastic of "Advance Merry Christmas, too. See yah next year." from both of the girls.

And as soon, we all reached the school's parking lot. The space was still kind of packed, groups of students loitering here and there, chatting away and probably planning how to get wasted on every Christmas Party they are planning to set and attend to. Marcus went straight to his red Mercedes on the far end of Superiors' parking space, Devy throwing herself unceremoniously on the shotgun seat while Marco's on the wheel of his blue Gallardo, Alex smiling and waving from the inside of Azmaria's silver Audi, and me on the devil's black Kawasaki Ninja. I don't understand why he has to use a motorbike when he got more than a couple of sports car? Now, I need to wear this annoying helmet again that resembles almost as exactly as Power Rangers'. Goodness.

"Hey, ayos ka lang ba diyan, Vincent?"

Lumingon ako sa pinanggalingan ng boses sa kaliwa ko at nakita si Marcus na nakadungaw sa bintana ng sasakyan niya, mawalak ang ngiti habang nakatitig sa'ming dalawa ni Azmael na abala sa pagpindot sa cellphone niya ng kung ano. Sa inis ko'y hindi ako sumagot at sumimangot lang sa loob ng helmet. Kainis kasi. Mukha talaga akong katawa-tawa sa suot ko.

"Know what, you look cool with that jet black helmet. But I bet you look better in red." Singit ni Marco na pangisi-ngisi bago siya napahinto nang hampasin siya ng malakas ni Devy sa braso gamit ang mamahalin niyang shoulder bag. At doon na sila ulit nagsimulang mag-away. Tell me what's new.

"You can always hop in if you aren't comfortable there." Alex, smiling at me.

Lumakad ang tingin ko sa katabi nitong si Azmaria na tumango lang naman sa'kin saka ako sumilip sa side mirror ng motor at nasalubong ang matalim na tingin sa'kin ni Azmael. Okay, hindi na pala siya busy sa cellphone niya. Badtrip. Muli na lamang akong lumingon kay Alex at umiling saka nagbuntong-hininga.

"Kapit."

"Ha?" Taas-kilay ko nang buhayin ni Azmael ang makina ng motor niya.

Muli niyang sinalubong ang tingin ko sa side mirror at walang sabi-sabing hinatak ang magkabilang braso ko saka iniyakap sa bewang niya. Hindi na ako nagkaroon pa ng pagkakataong makapagprotesta nang mabilis nitong paandarin ang motor matapos bumusina sa mga kasama namin at isang impit na sigaw ng pagkagulat at paghigpit ng yakap sa bewang niya na lamang ang nagawa ko.

Bwisit na lalaki 'to!

"Damn," bulong ko sa likuran niya saka isinubsob ang mukha sa uniform nito para itago. Kahit na nakahelmet, pakiramdam ko malulunod pa rin ako sa lakas ng hangin.

Nakita ko sa gilid ng mga mata ang pag-arangkada ng mga sasakyan ng Superiors, at syempre kay Marco ang nangunguna kasunod si Marcus habang alalay lang si Azmaria sa likuran namin. I find the set-up kind of weird; it felt like, they're trying to be discreet in protecting me – if I don't know any better.

I sighed, unknowingly getting comfortable and relax with the current situation as time tick by; arms snaking tighter around Azmael's stomach and head leaning on his broad back.

***

"Why do we need to buy gifts?" Ulit kong tanong habang nakadapa sa couch. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit pinapasok ni Azmael 'tong babaeng 'to sa unit ng ganito kaaga. Kahit na antok na antok pa ako, kinailangan kong iwan ang kwarto para lang harapin siya. Kainis.

"Again, because it's Christmas Eve later, Vincent." Ulit ring sagot ni Devy bago ko ito narinig na nagbuntong-hininga.

Mas isinisiksik ko naman ang sarili sa malambot na upuan bago sumagot, "Yeah, I mean, why need gifts? Is it really that necessary? Can't ya'all just celebrate it with a cake and wine and go sleep right after?"

I mean, wala naman akong dahilan para magtipid. I can toss all my cards in the mall without even flinching and feeling any guilt about draining my father's bank account for things I really don't need and I really don't care about. But. Aside from I did stop celebrating it years ago, I feel extra lazy today and just by thinking about getting up here and shove my nose out there in the mall for gifts and do some effort to think what to buy is not helping.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Devy whines.

"I'm not grumpy, I'm just freaking too lazy to move." I frown.

"Right. I can see it bright and clear. And really, your set-up is too domestic but why is it Azmael-oppa that's cooking breakfast? Isn't that supposed to be you? You're the girl here." Naramdaman ko ang marahang pag-angat ng paa ko saka ipinatong sa hita niya kasunod ang mahinang pagtapik sa binti ko.

"And who the hell told you all girls can cook? If he doesn't want me to blow their mansion down to ashes, he better cook instead." I hissed, worming my way to shove myself even further to the cushion.

At oo. Dahil hindi na kami pwede pang bumalik sa condo unit ko, dito kami sa mansion ng mga Bezarius – Yoshima Mansion – nakatira ngayon. Meisha suggested her so-called bright idea; and the devil, I think he agreed right away without even batting an eyelash because he doesn't have the right to. In the first place, I am their Empress that needed protection. No scratch that, I don't need protection. But it is their job as a reaper to make sure I am in safe zone no matter what. And so, we end up in this set-up, minus his parents because I quote and unquote from Azmaria, they're always busy, much with underground, I guess.

"You know what, I can teach you how to cook."

I tuts. "Leave the idea alone, Devy." For heaven's sake.

"Ano ka ba naman, Vincent. Syempre hindi naman pwedeng buong buhay siya ang paglulutuin mo. Ikaw ang babae, dapat alam mo rin kung paano gumawa ng gawaing bahay. Hep! Kahit na mayaman ka at kaya mong bumili ng isang restaurant para sa pagkain o maghire ng ilang daang kasambahay para gawin lahat 'yon, it's not good, you know. Paano na lang kung maisipan mong ipagluto siya para sorpresahin? Or good mood ka lang? Well, the last part may come once in a blue moon but anyway, paano na lang nga kung gano'n? Kaya dapat marunong ka rin kahit simpleng pasta or any dish that you find simple and easy. So—"

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa, Devy, stop right there."

"What? Why?" she asked confused, slowly squirming towards me until my bare knees are pressed against the material of her dress and toes digging on the armrest of the couch.

"Breathe first and calm the fuck down." I chides; brain gears slowly processing all her words in my head 'til I felt my face heating up dangerously embrassing, running up my ears and down my neck to collarbones until my skin was tinted in a warm dark crimson.

Where the hell did she get all those ideas? Goodness gracious.

"Vincent?"

"What?"

"Ahm..." She awkwardly pat the small of my back and I swear she can feel the heat of embarrassment radiating off me. "It's okay, you know. I won't judge you." What the hell is she talking? "Azmael-oppa got the face and body and admit it or not, his cold attitude is kind of sexy. Don't worry about...." She trailed off.

"What are you talking?"

"You know."

"Ha?" I slowly pulled my body off the cushions to look over my shoulder. She got those wide innocent eyes looking right back at me, lips slightly parted and face completely screaming expectation. What is she expecting from me, anyway? Nagpakawala ako ng buntong-hininga saka umayos ng upo, back leaning on the armrest and feet toeing her dress. "And where did you get the idea that we're going to be together for the rest of our lives? Did you eat your breakfast properly? Did you sniff carbon dioxide before coming here? Are you completely awake or your brain is still half-asleep and you're sleep-talking now?"

Hindi siya agad sumagot at nanatili sa pakikipagtitigan sa'kin ng ilang segundo bago dahan-dahang nawala ang mga mata nito at nagpakawala ng malakas na tawa. She almost double-over from laughing so hard with arms circling on her constricting stomach.

What the bloody hell is wrong with this girl? Seriously.

Naramdaman kong muling nag-init ang mukha ko nang sumilip si Azmael mula sa kusina para tawagin kami na handa na raw ang pagkain. Nilingon siya sandali ni Devy bago humarap sa'kin at muling tumawa ng malakas. This time, she has her head tipped back on the couch and arms flailing from either of her side and eyes prickling with tears of joy.

She's going insane. And I'm going annoyed.

"You should've seen your face," she commented in between her laughs at wala sa loob na napahawak ako sa mukha ko at naramdaman ang init nito. Dahil 'to sa inis, I'm sure of it. "Oh my God, Vincent. I never knew you can pull such cute tomato red face in front of me and Azmael-oppa. I wouldn't be surprised if you cause fire and burn this mansion down to ashes with your warm skin. I'm just teasing you, you know. But just so you know that I'm on board of this cute in denial ship and I'm sailing it right away!" Producing a weird train sound of chu-chu. "And now, I guess..." Hindi na niya naituloy ang sasabihin nang akmang susuntukin ko siya. Mabilis siyang tumayo para tumakbo sa dining habang tumatawa pa rin ng malakas.

Pray for her soul because I'm definitely going to strangle her to death later.

Azmael Bezarius

"So how about throw all these things on that gift wrapping counter and I'm going to pay for it." Vincent said, arms crossing over her chest with a frown digging in between her brows. "I don't get it. Why do you have to do some wrapping efforts if you already spend so much walking in every nook of this mall just to get all those," exasperatingly gesturing towards their shopping cart in front of her, "when you can just pay someone to the job for you so everything's done now—"

"Is this green and red good? Or..." Devy stood straight from crouching in front of the gift wrappers she has been digging from tons of minutes ago, completely ignoring Vincent's rants. Girls. "...gold looks better? Maybe this silver one looks even fancier than both combined?" she added, punctuating every word with a shake of wrappers in hands.

Vincent huffs, obviously agitated from being ignored, yet again from the whole gift shopping scenario. "Don't ask me opinions because I'm not going to be involved in this lame things. I'm done. Bye."

"Wait!"

Vincent stops from walking away, craning her neck to glare at Devy. The latter's face was completely washed with panic as she scrambles all the wrappers in hands and shove them in the shopping cart before pushing it towards me.

I raised her a brow, silently asking what-the-fuck-is-she-doing. And there she is, giving me her shy and innocent smile as she skips her way to Vincent, snaking an arm to the irritated girl's forearm and pulling them both towards the counter and wrapping area.

Girls.

"I think I want some cake later."

"Tell me you're not thinking of baking it yourself or I'm going to tape your mouth with a duck tape."

Devy chuckles, putting the items on the counter. "Nope, I'm not. We only have few hours to prepare, though."

"So if we have plenty of time you might have. That's what you wanna say, hmm." Vincent roll her eyes when Devy nods on her obvious sarcasm. She pulled her black card out of her pocket handing it to the amused cashier, as promised to Devy that she'll pay everything just don't ask her for some gift wrapping tutorials later.

"So... grocery shopping?" Devy asked rethorically and already pulling Vincent out of the store with a huge grin.

Vincent groans in frustration.

Girls.

***

I sighed, leaning my back against the wall and still observing what the hell is happening around.

Devy and Alex are almost bouncing around, skipping on their steps here and there, and attending every student that are continuously emerging in the Superiors Pack. Akala ko kami lang ang magsecelebrate sa gabing ito, pero dahil halos lahat yata kinakaibigan nina Devy at Alex sa Pandora, hindi na ako nagulat na ganito karami ang nagsipagdalo. Halos mapuno pati hagdan ng bahay sa dami ng dumating. Kaya naman pala gano'n na lang karami ang pinamili nilang pagkain kanina.

Vincent on the other hand, is sitting on the middle of the black couch with arms and legs crossed, forehead creasing in frown and lips turning downward in utter disapproval of what she's seeing. She doesn't like crowds. She hates people, much the strangers loitering in her proximity. She hates those students and she definitely hates the subtle party aura of the room. Azmaria is sitting beside her, bottled beer already in hand, tipping over their glasses. She handed one to Vincent who just glare to the people greeting them before chugging the liquid down to bottom in few big gulps.

Oh, she's this irritated.

"I didn't expect Devy to plan a Christmas Party. I didn't see this coming," Marco said, standing on my left; eyes lingering on the said girl before sipping in his canned beer with a smile. He's whipped.

"But don't you hate the idea, bro?" Marcus asked, sitting on a stool in front of us. Tinaasan naman siya ni Marco ng kilay na tila nagtatanong. "Pa'no kung bigla na lang dumating ang Dukes? Edi magkikita sila ni Dreyar."

Ibinalik ko ang tingin sa katabi ko na biglang nabura ang ngiti. "So? It's not like they're still together," he answered defensively. Nasalubong ko naman ang mata ni Marcus nang tumingin ito sa'kin. "And it's not like they're going to get back together. I did so much for Devy, unlike that guy. She doesn't deserve that bastard."

"Chill. Sinabi ko lang naman ang posibilidad." Alanganing tumawa si Marcus bago tumungga ng alak.

"Eh kayo ni Alex, kailan magkakabalikan?"

"Low blow, bro."

"Sorry." Ngingisi-ngising sabi ni Marco bago muling uminom ng alak. "Nanghihinayang lang kasi ako. You know, Alex is a good catch; maganda, mayaman at mabait. Not to mention, matalino rin. A kind of nerd that isn't a dork nerd. A girl who got beauty and brains. A girl who isn't coward to hide and confide her feelings to herself, and rather say it aloud and confessed to you in front of your face. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pinakawalan mo pa? Kinabahan ka ba ng sobra kaya tinanggihan mo siya?"

"You two talking like the cousin isn't here in front of your fucking faces," I spat, lightly shaking my head in disbelief.

"Bro, minsan lang tayo makapag-usap ng ganito, 'yung tayo-tayo lang. Pagbigyan mo na." Ani ni Marco na inakbayan pa ako matapos ituro ang boteng hawak niya sa pwesto ng mga babae. "Ikaw ba? Kamusta ang balita sainyo ni Vincent? Mahirap patiklupin ang babaeng 'yon."

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin.

"If it weren't for you, baka nagkacrush na ako kay Vincent."

"Manahimik ka nga diyan, Marcus. Hindi mo nga mapormahan si Alex, si Vincent pa kaya. Baka murahin ka lang no'n."

I almost agreed with Marco in that; Vincent is indeed a walking cursing machine. And the guy received a death glare and punch in the arm from Marcus which he just laughed it out like the usual.

Tahimik akong nakikinig sa usapan nila nang maramdamang nagvibrate ang cellphone sa bulsa.

From: M

Ferrer Mansion with Vincent at 10.

Sir Randal wanted to talk something to the Empress – to her daughter.

I asked her if she knows what is it and she just replied with "because it's about time, L." And I caught myself staring at Vincent from a far.

Vincent Mc Garden

"Are you enjoying the party?"

"Do I looked like I am enjoying your party?" I asked back, completely annoyed with all the people loitering around me and greeting with their fake smiles and fake friendly manners.

Does Christmas means all smiles, too? Because I'm definitely not going to do just that. I don't even bother shooting them glares and sneer in exchange because pretending hospitality is just too much of work. I had enough for this day.

Devy sighed, putting a plate of pasta in front of me. "Hindi ka dapat nagsusungit 'pag pasko. Christmas is giving, so give them smiles, too."

"And Christmas doesn't mean pretending and lying so I'm not doing anything." I said nonchalantly, twirling the pasta on the fork and unceremoniously shoving it in my mouth.

Tipid na ngumiti si Devy sa harapan ko habang pinagmamasdan ako. "Masarap?"

Umirap lang ako bago tumango saka muling sumubo. Narinig ko naman siyang tumawa dahil do'n.

"Why can't you just be true to your feelings, hmm?" She said, stroking my hair with her left hand and a fond smile plastering her lips. "That would be much more easy that way, Vincent. Try to loose once in awhile and let in others. Let them search for the real you. Let them climb your wall if they can't break it down. And if you don't like them even after, you can just throw them back again over the wall. Yes?"

Tinitigan ko siya ng mariin bago sumagot, "It's not that easy."

It's easier said than done.

"I know. But it would be easier with the help of others."

"Who?"

"Start with Azmael-oppa."

Mabilis akong napairap sa naging sagot niya. "You're not trying to start with your shipping thing again, right?"

She chuckled. "No, I'm not. Pero siya ang madalas mong nakakasama, 'di ba? Mas madalas mo siyang nakakasama kaysa sa'kin o sa kahit na sino pang kakilala mo. In fact, nakatira pa kayo sa ilalim ng iisang bubong. Don't you think it would be much easier kung hindi niyo basta lang dinadaan-daanan ang isa't-isa and actually bond? Like watching movies together while lazing on the sofa, or eat some snack while telling each other stories. Just as simple as that, don't need to be fancy that will lead to an awkward air between you two. Doesn't it sound good kung komportable kayo sa isa't-isa?"

"Do I really need that?" We both aren't cut for some cheap romance.

Hindi siya sumagot, bagkus ay tinitigan lang ako habang nakangiti pa rin at tumayo para bumalik sa kusina.

And now that I'm thinking about it, it's really not bad of an idea. It's actually quiet... endearing? I don't know. I know I am being weird and low-key comfortable under his prescence since the day he silently caged me in his arms while I am embrassing and crying myself to sleep. It is kind of frustrating in all honesty. The feelings are foreign to me. This is different from having mom and King way back when I was still a kid. All the swirling in the pit of my stomach and the heating tips of ears when I am thinking about something involving him. I don't want the feelings. We both aren't build for this kind of feelings. This is all wrong.

But I'm not the type to lie, even to myself. And yes, I'm admitting the feelings.

What the hell have you done to me, devil? Jeez.

"We need to go to your mansion."

Halos mapalundag ako sa kinauupuan nang bigla na lamang may magsalita sa kanan ko. Gulat ko siyang nilingon bago sinamaan ng tingin. Speaking of the devil.

"And why?" I asked, feigning nonchalancy before chugging a couple of sip of my beer.

What the hell is wrong with my chest and insides? Did the aircondition goes off? Am I having fever? A heart attack? Or am I tipsy? I knew it. I shouldn't have drink.

"Sir Randal wanted to talk to you."

"Oh. Don't tell me he wanted to give me his Christmas gift personally? That's new." Tumayo na ako mula sa pagkakaupo at naunang maglakad palabas ng bahay. Kailangan kong makalayo sakanya. Kailangan kong alisin 'tong nasa dibdib ko.

***

Thirty minutes later, or one hour and thirty minutes before the clock hits 12 midnight of Christmas Eve and I found myself sitting on the same expensive looking wooden chair in front of my father's office desk. Reapers are all standing around the whole, cold room, surrounding us – almost looking like a makeshift cage to make sure no one could go run out and escape the place.

King Del Fierro, for an unknown reason is here, too. Sitting right across from me, smiling guiltily with his head slightly bent down. I don't like the twinge my stomach is pulling off inside me while analizing the smile – it's the same smile he showed me weeks ago when we stayed at VF's. It's unnerving. And for some weird reason... scary. Like something is about to unfold right in front of me now, and that something will change again change my life.

Nilagpasan ko ng tingin si King at nasalubong ang mata ni Meisha na tulad ng dati ay blangko lang ang tingin na ibinibigay sa'kin. But now, there's something prickling in those dark orbs that's bothering me. Like she wanted to tell something but she can't... she shouldn't. And there's Azmael on her right, looking past everything and staring into space. Face void with emotions and not giving anything, like he doesn't care and everything about this bore the hell out of him. But Tobi who's standing on Meisha's opposite is another story. He looks restless and mad. His jaw and fist are both clenching so tight like some warning to everyone to not dare touch him or he'll beat the bastard out of you.

All the expressions are nauseous.

Naagaw ni dad ang atensyon ko nang makita itong gumalaw sa gilid ng mga mata ko. Mabilis kong binawi ang tingin sa tatlo at humarap sakanya, that same father figure and ruthless leader aura spitting around him and staring right back at me.

"You're here because I need you to be aware of something." He lamely started that made me roll my eyes on him. That's too obvious, if he still doesn't know. He wouldn't want me here if he doesn't need anything from her daughter.

"If it's about the Christmas, don't worry because I'm still aware of the said occasion." Sarcastic because I can't control my tongue when it comes to him. Nakatanggap naman ako ng matalim na tingin mula sakanya na ikinibit-balikat ko lang.

He slightly leaned forward, forearm resting on his black wooden desk, clasping his hands. He met my eyes, too intense I felt shiver run down my spine. And I have to awkwardly reposition myself on the chair to find comfort.

"Del Fierro and Ferrer family made a compact since before you both was born on Earth." Mas lalong bumaba at sumeryoso ang timbre ng boses nito kaya naman kahit na wala akong plano ay nakita na lamang ang sariling tahimik na nakikinig sakanya. When he uses that tone, that only means one thing, something will truly unfold in front of me. "At 'yon ay ang ipakasal kayong dalawa. The arrangement was made from ages ago."

Hindi agad naproseso ng utak ko ang mga naririnig kaya naman wala akong naibigay na reaksyon sa ama ko kun'di ang blangkong pagtitig sakanya. Hanggang sa mapansin kong sumilay ang ngiting ngayon ko lang muling nakita mula nang mawala sa'min si mom. The kind of smile that's foreign yet still not unfamiliar. The kind of smile that once sent warmth and sunshines right in my heart. The kind of smile that shatters my wholebeing and made my blood run cold in my veins now.

The only smile that's both endearing and scary.

I appreciate my dad being blunt and straightforward in anything, but I think this time.

Wala sa loob na inalis ko sakanya ang tingin para pagmasdan ang lalaking kaharap. Pag-aalala ang tanging nakasulat sa mga mata niya habang nakatitig sa blangko kong mukha. Pag-aalalang hindi ko kailangan sa mga oras na ito. Pag-aalalang kung kailan kailangan ko saka naman wala. Those same eyes that once would stared back at me with a smile and made my heart swell. But not now. Not now.

And then I looked past him and met his eyes; once again drowning in it. Those familiar pair of conceited dark orbs that always give me blank and cold stares because it's the normal thing, feigning nonchalance before curving in mischievousness from entertaining himself after pushing all my buttons, glaring at me when I'm spitting curses nonstop; that was now prickling with something I can't quiet catch up.

What? Please say something now. It's now that I need you to stand up for me. You are my devil, reaper. Please.

An arrange marriage is not even a fucking Christmas gift!

"Vincent, please stay with me."

- - - x

LAME. Devy Saya Park is my spirit animal, istg.

Notice: Few chapters to go and we're done here. I'm thinking if this will be the last story I am going to write -- except for my still on-going works that are still on hiatus that needs to be put an end soon, too. This might be the last one before I disappear. Lol. #Butterfly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 10.1K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...