You Are My Heartbreaker

By nelenawritesxoxo

How does it feel to fall in love again? To fall in love with your ex? Your first love? The person that shatte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 41

458 20 8
By nelenawritesxoxo

Despite how it's been about half way into the second week since I've been discharged, I'm happy to say I'm off the wheelchair. Although I hadn't really needed it in the first place, and isn't it just perfect how all I need to do now is limp?

My mother decided to take the day off to take me to see my physiotherapist at the clinic today. Big shocker eh? I thought so too. She wanted to know if I will be able to attend our town's cotillion. It wasn't that big of a deal for me, given that I've done mine already. But it's just a social event that my parents attend every year to watch other girls make their debut.

I bet they couldn't even reminiscence Rachel or my debut.

"Selena?" the physiotherapist came out shortly after our arrival. My mother watched intently as he operated on my ankle. It honestly wasn't terrible, probably just warns me to not wear heels for the next few weeks or months. And I'll say, I am perfectly fine with that.

"I think she's just lost a few range of motion here," he pointed, "But I think I'll do some taping today and it will certainly help if you continue doing some of the exercises."

"Great," my mother said and promptly got up. The physiotherapist provided with some treatment for me while my mother waited outside. He escorted me out to meet her after 20 minutes.

We parked our car right outside so it would be more convenient when I come out. She helped me into the car before returning a call on her bluetooth as she drove us through the town. I was surprised when she stopped in front of Steps, an old fashioned coffee shop that was build after an old firehouse.

She apparently had to meet a client in there so we were going to get an afternoon tea while we're at it. We took a seat all the way to the back of the narrow coffee shop. I limped my way around the people who stuck their foot out from the booths on the left side.

My mother helped me to the table meeting her client Mrs. Downey. She looked like a retiree about 70 or 80. She just came in to sign a contract to finalize her divorce with her husband. Like jeez, you're almost to the end of life and you're divorcing now? Why not spend the last 20 years together?

She signed it quick and left in a swift.

My cappuccino arrived just when she got up. She didn't even want a glass of water.

"That lady is getting a divorce?" I asked watching Mrs. Downey step out of the coffee shop.

"Yup," my mother stirred her coffee adding 1 teaspoon to it. 

"That's just--I mean why wouldn't she just spend the last 20 years with her husband?" I asked. 

"What's wrong with that?" my mother looked up at me with a sternly stare, "Might as well spend the last 20 years of life with joy and the way you wanted to."

"Obviously she has every right to do that but you've spent almost your entire life with this person and probably had kids with them--" I argued at this ridiculous topic.

"You don't know that, Mrs. Downey could have been having a rough few years of marriage to this man," my mother arguably speaks. Ugh I hate this. It was just like how I argued with her about a Barbie doll at K-mart when I was a kid; she would use her logical lawyer brain to argue about it with me.

"Are you  happy? About where you are right now with your marriage?" I asked her, it completely caught her off guard.

"W-Well of course I am," she stutters, answering after a few seconds, "I have two grown up children and a loyal loving husband. And it is guaranteed that once you graduate you can get an internship at one of the most well known firms in Chicago."

I nearly rolled my eyes. One thing I hate most about lawyers, is their desperate crave for a good reputation. I mean, is it that  important to their career or is it for sakes of their own  competence ego? I hated when she put me into Harvard because it was an Ivy League school and it was one of the most prestigious schools in our country. And perhaps the world even.

"Selena, I know you are scarred with the fact of your father's unfaithfulness at one point on our marriage, but at least he is back now--" she insisted.

"Because you scared shitless out of his mistress, you threatened her you'd arrange an abortion for her if she doesn't do it voluntarily," I said angrily, it was audible enough for the table next to us to hear.

"Selena Marie, can you lower your voice," my mother hisses watching others from the tables turn to peak at us before turning back to me. "That was years ago! Can't you try to understand I did it for the family?"

"No I can't, you did it to save your marriage and of course to sell yourself and the firm," I huffed, "I mean who doesn't know that mister and Mrs. Gomez-Bilson are one of the best lawyers in North Carolina."

"That's not true," she fought, "I did do it to save my marriage, but I loved your father and I couldn't afford to lose him."

"Fine, I'll accept that, but did you think a third year undergraduate can post any threat to you?" I asked her before I got up and started limping out of the coffee shop. I barely made it midway when I heard my mother tremble in her heels as she called me.

"Selena wait," she called getting closer.

"Selena?" I stopped on my available foot and turned to the high pitched voice. That voice that I perhaps hate most in this world. "Oh, Mandy, what a coincidence?"

I retracked a few steps to the booth my mother stood next to. Denise was having tea with Danielle and Olivia, who were intently giggling before I stopped and coolly waved at them.

"Well I was just having tea with my daughter, how are you Denise?" My mother asked back, with hate but elegant. One thing I loved about her, when we were young and struggled with what others would say about us, she'd tell her to just turn the other way. And she was a pro herself doing this.

"I'm great, I'm having tea with Danielle and Olivia," she turns to look at me, "How are you Selena?"

"Awesome Denise," I sarcastically smiled, she was a complete fake bitch. Even the way she asked how I was with those wicked curved eyes. 

"When will you be heading back to Boston?" before I could answer she shuffled some papers in her hands, "I hope you would be able to come by during Christmas."

"Excuse me?" I asked, it came out rather less courteous than I expected it to be. It caused my mother to give me a look. We turned back to Denise's hands that seems like she was shuffling out a piece of paper for us.

"Christmas," she smiles then handing a Tiffany blue envelope to us, my mother took it in her hands to read it, "Nick and Olivia's wedding, date is set, a week before Christmas."

I felt like my ears were clogged. Uhm, what did she say? 

"Oh, congratulations Olivia," my mother genuinely smiled to Denise's new daughter-in-law who returned with a smile that blushed in fifty shades of pink. "You will be beautiful on your wedding day."

"Thank you Mrs. Gomez," she blushes some more and turns to me, "Selena, I really hope you could make it. I know exams are probably around that time."

I couldn't force a smile to her, it was genuine, I smiled, "I'll see what I can do."

"Well you shall get going, we won't bother you," I saw a smirk come along the lines between the lips of Denise as she sipped on her coffee. "I hope you heal soon Selena."

"Thanks, will do," I said once again before I limped my way out.

"Again, I'm happy for you Olivia, congratulations," I hear my mother say to her as she started catching up to me. "Selena, be careful!"

As if bumping into two Jonas's weren't enough. Now to see the main lead enter, I was ecstatic  to see how this will turn out. He was just entering through the door with a huge smile while I was ready to step out with my fifty shades anger. He can go rest in piece with the fifty shades of pain in his dick in less than 20 seconds probably.

"Nicholas," my mother met me up front and smiled at Nick.

"Hi Selena, Mrs. Gomez," he shyly tugged his hands behind him in his jean pockets.

"Congratulations," my mother smiled boldly, his eye narrowed at us confused of course, "On the engagement."

His eyes nearly blew up and turned to me, I looked away immediately. "Oh u-uhm thank you, I hope you could attend.."

"Of course we will," my mother lightens, "Well your mother awaits you. We're just heading out."

"It was nice seeing you," he then glances at me one last time. He passed us and started to continue his way down the coffee shop.

"Nick," I stopped on my tracks from walking out the door, but I didn't look back until I heard his steps and I turned to meet him eye-to-eye. I took a breath to suck it all in, "Congratulations Jonas."

"T-Thanks," he stuttered. 

I turned back before the tears spilled. Yet I'd still have to hold it in until I got home, a place of comfort for the buckets to fill. 

---

I know you all hate me for the long wait and for the ending for this chapter but I can confirm that the ending is going to be good.

Anyways, Selena's new single just dropped a couple of days ago and it was AMAZING. Go check it out, and big news on a nelena reunion! Nick Jonas, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, and Joe Jonas will be reunited about 3 or 4 times at the Jingle Ball this year, I'm so excited! I hope I do see a small Disney reunion, oooh I'm going to ball over a nostalgia soon. And this is in Decemberrrrr!

Okay keep voting and commenting, love you supporters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1K 51
What happens if one day your loved one is no longer who they are? It's only been two years, how can a marriage coming tumbling down so fast? Maybe lo...
43K 1.5K 52
I've been through the ringer, but I came out ok.A couple dents here and there, nothing I couldn't push to the back of my mind and hold with my mental...
571 60 56
I won't lie to you and tell you that this is a happy story because that would be a lie and I want to be real with you. This story may rip you apart a...
31.1K 1.2K 62
This story is temporarily at the beginning of the Future Now Tour, but it takes place throughout 2016, 2017 and 2018. From now on I apologize and not...