Surviving the Boys {Completed}

By livelaughlove2013

My name is Marley Rose Kent and my mother and sister were killed in a terrible fire. Because my father didn't... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
NEWS

Chapter Ten

18.3K 691 120
By livelaughlove2013

Chapter Ten:

“Well, you see um. Ok so. Ahh.” Brody stuttered. God this was going to take forever. I turned to the one person who I knew who give me a straight answer and not worry about my feelings.

“Xavier please take over from your brother,”  I told him. “And make it quick.”

“Ok, what Brody was trying to say is that people are after you and they are going to try and kill you.” Xavier explained quickly. I froze and looked at him trying to figure out weather or not he was kidding. After I realised that he was being honest I leant my elbows onto the table and rested my head in my hands trying to concentrate.

“Then why are they killing lots of people? Why not just find me and kill me?”  I asked.

“They aren’t just killing anyone. They are only after the rebels which are the people that are willing to put themselves on the line to protect you.” Hunter explained. 

"but why? What’s so important about me?" I asked confused. None of this was making sense, what was so great about me. I was just a nobody that didn't have family.

"Because your father is the one person who holds the power to change the world," Tyson said speaking to me for the first time. 

"My father is just an army general who things about himself more then anyone else," I pointed out. The boys looked between each other, having a conversation without words. "He's not my real father is he,' I whispered. Tyson nodded and they all remained silent, watching me as if waiting for me to have a mental break down. 

"He was one of your protectors." 

"Then why was he so mean to me?" I questioned. 

"He was one of your protectors not from choice but by ranking." Blake replied. "For years your family has been protected, your fake father was given you when you were a baby because your father had to be put in to hiding. He didn't like the fact that he was given a responsibility that could threaten his family even more. The thing is he swore to look after you so you were placed in his custody until you were needed to be protected by everyone. I promise you know one knew what he was doing to you because if they did it would have been stopped."

I remained silent and processed all the information. I let out a sigh of relief. Him not being my father was the best news I had heard in a while. Now I didn't have to think of him as family he was merely someone taking care of me. It didn’t matter that I hated him with my whole soul. "Why did my father have to be put in hiding?"

"Your family has passed down a secret for generations. We can't tell you what it is exactly because know one except the holder of the secret knows. What we can say is that it has something to do with keeping the world the way it is. If the terrorists found it out they could potentially stop the world from running the way it does. That could change it so evil ruled over good, if that makes sense. I don't know how to explain it because it isn't something that is discussed." Blake continued.

"So how come you know about the secret then?" 

"Because we the Kingsley’s are one of the family’s brought up merely to protect you. That's the soul reason for us living, so that we can make sure that you remain safe. Our parent’s job was to look after your father so with each generation comes a new person to protect and a new set of protectors." Brody cut in. 

"I think I kind of get it, let me run everything passed you guys to make sure its correct, ok" they all nodded and waited patiently while I collected my thoughts. "ok so, pretty much you guys are my protectors. My father knows some secret that is keeping this world pretty much at peace. One day I'll know the secret and then ill be the person that is keeping this world the way its meant to be." 

"That's pretty much it," Zachary said nodding his head. 

"So then who else are my protectors, I mean if we are important enough to be on the news then there must be more, right?" 

"Well we are your protectors!" Someone called from behind me. I turned around in my chair to see everyone that had came on our trip with standing in a group watching us. They had all changed out of there Pyjamas and were dressed in similar cloths. Well not similar they all just looked as if they were meant to be together, if that makes sense. Each of them had a pair of combat boots on and held themselves less like teenagers normally do and more like soldiers preparing for battle. "And we will protect you Marley, till the death,' 

"This is like a bloody movie. I promise you that if this is a prank of some kind then I will get you all back." I warned them. 

"We wish it was a joke," Brody said. That was the moment that I realised just the depth of everything that had been said. All these people were willing to die to protect me. And I didn't even know what the big secret was, let alone if I was the good enough to keep it.

God Living with these boys just got harder.

(2 Hours later)

They had to run everything passed me again so that I understood it better. Once everything was sorted maps and other equipment that I had never seen was brought out and placed on the table. Metal boxes and black bags were brought in and placed on the floor. Soon the living room and kitchen was filled with equipment that I had know clue how to use. 

"Eat up," Sophie ordered placing a sandwich in front of me. That’s right I had been introduced to everyone. I thanked her for the food and bit in enjoying the taste. Sam and Mason brought another box in settling in down on the floor next to me. Everyone followed them in and took seats on the floor next to me creating a circle. 

"We need to make a plan," Brody said holding a pen and notebook. "I've been contacted and instructed that our main priority is of course keeping Marley safe. They don't want us going back home as it isn't safe, we are to stay here and train up, making sure that we are ready. Because the bottom line is they are going to find out we are here and they are going to come so we need to be ready."

"We will start training today then," Cole said, everyone nodded in agreement.

"Wait I need to train to," I added,

"Marley the whole point of us being here is so that we can protect you, you don't need to protect us.' Cassidy said. 

"But that’s just it, you all aren't always going to be there to protect me, I need to protect myself. The only way to do that is to train like you guys,"

"You don't-" Lily started but Sam cut her off. 

"She's right she should learn how to fight." 

So it was settled I was going to start training to be a fighter. 

This was going to be fun- note sarcasm 

A/N

Please tell me what you think……

Vote / Comment

I love everyone that took the time to read my story <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 972 24
Marley has gone through every emotion in the books. Now she must put her emotions aside in order to save everyone she loves. What happens when Marley...
894K 22.2K 42
"Look I don't want you, I don't need you, never have and never will so just stay away from me and I'll stay away from you" He growled as he pushed me...
223K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
151K 6.1K 36
"I asked you a question, and you're going to answer it." Hmm. To answer or not to answer. "Geez my name's Carter and can you let go, you're hurting m...