Adopted By Muke

By Allena5SOS

"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it br... More

Adopted by Muke
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Author's Note
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

5.2K 174 250
By Allena5SOS

(You all misunderstood. In the book, it's autumn, I know it's not autumn in Australia right now. Though, thanks for your help aha xx)

Katelyn's point of view

"Morning Katelyn." Calum said as he saw me, practically drooling on his kitchen table. "Oh wait, what the hell? Katelyn?"

"Hi." I said and forced my eyes to open. I looked at him and gave him a fake smile. "Ashton said I'm going to stay here until the weekend because the other two are being inconsiderate assholes."

"We're they drunk?"

"I think."

"Ah, I see." He said and I nodded ad I yawned. "You don't have a uniform?" He asked me as he looked at my outfit.

"It was dirty and I left it at the house." I told him and he nodded. "It's one day, I think the school can handle it." I told him and he nodded.

"Is Ash taking you to school?" He asked and I nodded as I wiped my mouth. I actually was drooling a bit.

I didn't know if it was from him being in low hanging sweats with his v-line visible or me being stupid tired though.

"Well, I have to shower and get ready for the day. I'll see you after school and I hope you have and great day." He said and kissed my cheek.

"You too." I said and smiled a bit, dropping it as soon as he turned around. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it, seeing that it was Michael and he was asking where I was.

I turned my phone on silent and then I put it in my back pocket. I put my head down and then sighed. I didn't want to talk to him but ignoring my problems wasn't going to make them go away.

"Are you ready to leave?" Ashton asked me and I pulled my head up. "You look adorable."

"Thanks, and I'm ready yeah."

-

I walked into the school, feeling a bit insecure and scared as I did so. Everyone was looking at me as if I was absolutely insane for not wearing uniform.

Jokes on them, it was freezing this morning.

"Katelyn?" Someone asked and I turned around. "What happened to your uniform?" Your normally wear it." He told me.

"They're dirty." I said and he nodded as we walked to our first period. "Hey Jacob, I have a question." I said and he hummed.

"Why are we dressed almost exactly the same?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Okay then, shoot."

"Why were you absent a lot last year?" I asked him and his smile faded. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to. I. Just curious."

"It's a family thing-"

"And you don't like talking about your family. Understood." I told him and smiled. "It's fine, forget I asked." I said and he nodded.

"I'll tell you one day." He said and I nodded. "Anyways, does it feel good to break the rules?"

"I guess." I said and he chuckled. "Can I have a hug? I need a hug." I said as we got to out class.

He nodded and then dropped his backpack on the floor before I hugged him. Since he wasn't that much taller than me, maybe two or three inches, I buried my head in his neck and sniffled. "What's wrong?"

"It's stupid." I said as I realized just how childish I was being over the whole thing.

"It's not stupid if you're crying over it." He told me and I nodded. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm always here okay?"

"Okay." I said and nodded as we swayed side to side slightly. "I'm always here too okay? I may be two years younger, but I'm more mature than you are."

"I doubt that." He aaid and then pulled away. "Anyways, our fall break is coming up. Are you doing anything?"

"No. You're the only friend I have really." I told him and he nodded. "Are you doing anything?"

"No." He said and chuckled. "Do you want to hang out then? We can do whatever you want." He told me.

"Sounds like a plan then." I said and he smiled. "Starbucks, the mall, and some shitty fast food restaurant it is."

"My dream day." He said and I laughed, catching his sarcastic demeanor. "Halloween is like three weeks away. Maybe we can go shopping for a costume. Halloween is the best holiday."

"Really? I like Valentines because I'm a hopeless romantic." I said and he laughed. "I think it's amazing that there's a day made just for love, it's such a powerful emotion."

"I hate it honestly. It just reminds me how I'll be forever alone." He told me and I pouted. "No one wants to date a kid who flunked a year and looks like a potato who hasn't ever seen light."

"You'll find a girl, or boy, or whatever you're into." I said and he nodded. "I promise you that. You'll find them and you'll hold them in your arms and they'll hold you in their arms and you'll cuddle when it's cold and go swimming when it's hot." I said and he laughed.

"Thanks Katelyn, it means a lot to know you think that." He told me and I nodded. "You'll find someone too."

"I hope so, my foster parents don't even seem to want me around." I said and then blushed. "I wasn't supposed to say that last part."

"What do you mean?" He asked me and I looked around, praying for the bell to ring and class to start.

Suddenly, the bell was ringing and I pouted. "Oh look, the bell cut me off. I'll tell you some other time. Come on." I said and he laughed.

"Nice." He commented and followed me into the class.

-

"I hate school and I hate people." I groaned as I out my head down on the table. "The principal called home because I was out of uniform."

"That's bullshit." He told me and I nodded. "It's one day. They should be lucky you wore clothes at all." He said.

"Because I'm coming to school naked." I said and laughed. "Actually-"

"Oh god-"

"No, I came to school in my pajamas once so I was basically naked. My pajamas are booty shorts and a tank-top, if not then I sleep in my underwear only." I told him and he laughed.

"No pants is the best."

"But no pants and no bra is even better." I counted as I waved my finger slightly. "That's true relaxation to me."

"No clothes is the best." He said and shrugged. "You gotta let your body breathe man."

"Exactly, high five. Someone understands." I said and we high fived. "It's not like we're naked while everyone is home so what's the point? When you're alone, all clothes come off man." I said and he nodded.

"Yes! I mean, why would I want to wear clothes all the time? I need to breathe and I need to just sit back and enjoy the breeze you know?" He said and I nodded.

"I do know." I said and then we looked at each other. We bursted out laughing and everyone looked at us like we were crazy.

Maybe we were. Or maybe we were normal and they were crazy.

No, actually, we're crazy.

"Okay, let's get off the topic of nudity." He said and I nodded. "So, music class, you seem to be getting the hang of how to silence the cymbals."

"Ashton taught me." I said and he looked confused. "A um friend of my dad's." I said and he nodded. "He can play drums and I was like 'oh cool let me try' and when I got the beat right he was like 'I'll teach you' and I was just like 'hell yeah." I explained.

"Cool." He said and nodded. "Could have asked me. I know how to play them. I can also play guitar." He said and blushed. "That's weird, never mind."

"Knowing how to play an instrument isn't weird, it's pretty fucking cool actually." I said and he looked at me. "Music in general is cool."

"It's weird when you have every other guy playing football or dating girls and you're in your garage, banging on your step-dad's drum kit and playing his electric." He said and I shook my head.

"Jacob, musicians are hotter and better than sports players. Unless you're Calum Hood and Louis Tomlinson, cause you're both a musician and a sports player, and you're hot too so that's just like overload." I said and he laughed.

"I see." He said as he pushed his food around. "Who is Calum Hood? He sounds familiar."

"He's a bassist in the band 5 Seconds of Summer." I said and he nodded. "I believe he chose music over a sports career." I told him and he nodded.

"Never going to compare." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Next you're going to say he's tall and toned and tanned yet is on his phone everyday and plays video games."

"Exactly." I said and smiled. "He's exactly like that. All he does is go on his phone but he has biceps bigger than my nose." I said because I had a huge nose.

"Damn, that's huge." He said and we both laughed. "Anyways, lunch is over in a few minutes. Want to start heading to class?"

"Yep." I said and grabbed my bag. We tossed our uneaten food in the garbage and then we made our way to our next class.

-

"I'm back!" I sang as I walked through the door. "Did you miss me?" I asked loudly, causing Calum to jump.

"Shit don't do that." He said and I nodded. "How was school?" He asked me as he put his phone away, unlike Michael would have.

"It was fun. I'm getting better at the cymbals and tambourine and I know how to say my name and stuff in spanish and stole the ball from someone in football." I said happily, feeling acconplished.

"Can you speak Spanish? Say it then." He told me as he leaned back and crossed his arms. "I want to hear." He said.

"But I sound weird!" I whined and Ashton set his hands on my shoulders. "It's all high pitched and it's ugly."

"Come on."

"Fine." I huffed after awhile of the two of them begging me to sat it. "Hola mi nombre es Katelyn y me gusta tambores y escuchar música." I said and smiled.

"What does that mean?" Ashton asked me confused and Calum laughed. "What does that mean?" He asked Calum.

"It means, hi my name is Katelyn and I like drumming and listening to music." I said and he nodded. "I can also cuss somebody out in spanish so don't piss me off."

"And you learned that in class?"

"No, I learned it from a kid who's mum oy speaks spanish. He taught me how to call someone a fucking asshole and an uneducated piece of shit." I told them.

"Find a new friend in spanish class," Ashton told me as he patted my shoulders. "Oh, and if you end up calling me something bad in spanish, you can forget your drumming lessons."

"Done deal. How do you even say cuss words in spanish? What? I'm an angel." I said and out mt hands behind my back. "I don't know any cuss words in spanish."

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Cut the shit." He told me and I pouted. "Go do your homework love. Me and Calum need to talk avout a party Luke and Michael want to throw."

"Them? Throw a party?" I asked and Calum laughed. "Did I hear you correctly?"

"I know same!" Calum said and I chuckled. "Seriously though, go do your homework because it's so imp-no, fuck that. I never did my homework and I find it totally useless and unnecessary but you need to go do it because you're a bright young woman with a bright future ahead of you."

"I respect your honesty Mr. Hood." I said and Ashton rolled his eyes. "I'll be in the guest bedroom then. You're telling me about this party when I'm finished though."

"Of course."

-

Question of the chapter:

-What kind of party do you think it will be?

Author's answer:

-It is not a chocolate milk party, please don't.

Reader's answer:

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 3.8K 34
Dear Stupid Diary, So there's this boy that I've been dared to date... And I'm a horrible person for accepting the dare... - Michael x
75.2K 3.2K 29
"I have to go on tour with him? You expect him to help me 'be more mature'? Have you met him?" "Mum, you can't be serious. He'll literally try to sle...
32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
678 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.