BACKSEAT | LRH

By skinsluke

in which two teens meet in the backseat of a city bus. © 2016 skinsluke. More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
character answers!
2.9
3.0
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2

3.1

11.7K 468 332
By skinsluke

same day

[sam]

"Sam! I'm home!" Sam's dad called.

She wasn't used to her dad coming home now. She was used to just having the house to herself but her dad got back a few days ago from his trip. He was away for so long, she was almost used to living on her own at this point.

"Is that your dad?" Luke said, still breathing a little heavy from the kissing.

"Yeah it is." She said and bolted towards the door, "Stay here."

"Why can't I come down?" He asked.

"My dad won't be happy if all he sees is you around, he'll think we're together or some shit." She scoffed.

"Right." Luke awkwardly took a seat on her bed and waited for her to return.

"Hey Sam." Her dad said, pulling her into a hug and kissing her forehead.

"How are you?" She said, trying to make a conversation.

"Good, love. How about you?" He asked, hanging up his coat in the wardrobe.

"I'm fine dad." Sam smiled, nodding.

"Great! Happy to see you in a better mood."

"You're home early today." Sam said as he sat down on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm trying to get off work sooner so we can spend more time together." He smiled at her, switching on the tv.

"Great." Sam smiled, she stood up and headed towards her room. She suddenly stopped and spun around on her heals, "I was actually going out for a walk, do you mind?"

"Not at all love. See you for dinner later on?"

"Of course." She nodded and hopped upstairs to be faced with Luke once again.

"Okay, so you're going to have to go out the window." She said, grabbing her leather jacket and hat.

"Are you crazy?" Luke shot up from her bed with a worried expression.

"Maybe I am." She challenged.

"I'm starting to think you are."

"I thought you were a bad boy?" Sam smirked at him and slammed her bedroom door behind her.

He stood there for a moment, then walked over to her window. "God damnit, Sam."

//

"Was that so hard?" Sam laughed at Luke who was laying on the grass in her backyard.

"Yes! It was." He grumbled and stood up, brushing the grass from his pants off.

They both exited her backyard without anyone seeing them luckily and ventured out onto the quite streets. It was nice the neighbourhood that she live in, it was really quite and a good place to walk around in and think, which she did a lot of. It was also a good place to be able to walk around and listen to music and not fear that someone may hit you with a car because you couldn't hear them coming. You could just be, oblivious.

"Where do you want to go?" Luke asked, stuffing his hands into his front pockets. Some how he was able to fit his hands into his tiny, tight little pockets of his.

"Just walk, I guess." Sam shrugged. He nodded back and they just continued to walk peacefully down the streets. It was still a bit cold for this time of year, but England wasn't exactly the warmest place.

She started to think about the summer that was approaching quickly, and then there was the option of going to Uni. What was she going to do when the summer ended? Would she leave this town? Start a new life? All of this was starting to become overwhelming. Surely she hated school, but once school was over, what would she do? She didn't know what she wanted to go to Uni for. She didn't want to leave her only friends and have to make new ones so quickly.

Sure she didn't have a ton of friends but the ones she had now she was satisfied with. Her and Kat were always going to be friends and she knew that. Though Kat could be pretty annoying, Sam loved her to bits. She would just never admit that.

"Is that Michael's jacket?" Luke suddenly asked, breaking her out of her daze she was in.

"What? No this is mine." She said, stuffing her hands into the pockets of the jacket.

"Michael has one just like it." He muttered, kicking his foot towards a small rock on the ground.

"Why do you care?" She laughed. He stopped in his tracks and his facial expressions changed quickly from calm to angry almost.

"Can't you see?" He asked, running his hands through his hair.

"See what?" Sam asked, her brows furrowing. She was completely obvious.

"Neve mind." Luke said harshly, continuing to walk.

She paused for a moment and then she understood what he meant.

"Luke I don't-"

"I don't want to hear it." He muttered.

"Why do you like me? I'm mean to you all the time." Sam said.

"You don't even understand yourself! You do this to everyone so no one could love you because you're scared!" Luke yelled, his chest rising and falling quickly.

Sam's eyes were wide at his words. She just stood there and didn't say a word, she was at a loss for words. This seemed all so sudden, where did it come from?

"I'm not scared." Sam said quietly.

"Yes you are!"

"I don't want to fight with you." Sam rolled her eyes.

"Just tell me. Did you feel something when we kissed?" Luke said, stopping her again by placing his hand on her shoulder.

"No, I didn't." She said. Lying.

"Just admit it for fuck sakes! I know you like me Sam, deep down you know that too." He said, his icy blue eyes staring into her own.

"I don't like you Luke. I never will like you, don't you see? I'm not like you. I'm not the type of girl you like. I'm not what you want. God this sounds so dumb." Sam groaned.

"Even if you don't think it now, I know you'll fall for me soon, princess." Luke smirked and just as he said that, as if on que a bus rolled up to the stop and he got on, leaving Sam alone with her thoughts again.

She just stood there for awhile, trying to collect her thoughts. Sam did like Luke, but as a friend. She wasn't going to admit that to him though, she wouldn't hear the end of it probably. Suddenly her phone started to buzz in her pocket, causing her to snap out of her trance.

"Hello?" She asked as he started to walk again.

"Sam! Okay I'm glad you answered. I have to talk to you about something important." Kat said, first her tone was cheery but then it changed to a more serious tone.

"Yeah?"

"How about you come over, it'll be easier to explain." She said.

"I don't really feel like-"

"Please? You need to see this." Kat pushed.

"I'm tired and I don't want to. Why can't you just tell me about it on the phone?" Sam sighed.

"I need to see you in person, you'll understand what I mean if you come over. Please? You won't be sorry!"

"Fine. You're bloody annoying you know that?" Sam groaned.

"I know. See you soon babes!" She giggled and hung up. Sam rolled her eyes at her best friend and made her way to Kat's house.

As she walked she stuck in her headphones, turning on some of her favourite music as she walked down the street. Looking up from her phone for a moment out of the corner of her eye she thought she spotted someone familiar.

Drew.

She turned around to follow the person, but they were already out of sight. She thought he left town again? It couldn't have been him right? It wasn't, she finally settled on. Shaking off the thoughts of him again, she continued to walk to Kat's house which was finally only a block or so away. As she reached her house she noticed both cars were not in the driveway, meaning her parents weren't home.

Sam walked up to the door and rang the door bell a few times. Kat opened the door quickly and pulled Sam inside. Sam slid off her boots and threw off her jacket at the door.

"Why do you still wear that hat?" Kat asked Sam as she walked up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Because I like it?" Sam replied, confused at her question. Kat just shook her head as the entered her room. Sam opened her mouth to speak again but Kat beat her to it.

"Do you like my new bedsheets?" Kat asked as they entered her room.

"Uh, yeah they're lovely." She said, her brows furrowing at the random question.

"Also, look at this adorable picture of me and Ashton that we took last weekend, he's so-"

"Kat? Yeah I don't want to see all your new stuff, that isn't why I came over. Can we please just get to the real reason why you called me over?" Sam interrupted.

Kat stopped and nodded, taking a seat down in her office style chair.

"Alright, so, I found out something important."

"Right. Well, get on with it?" She said, getting eager to hear what she had to say. She tried to make herself comfortable so, she sat down in one of Kat's beanbag chairs.

"So I got this suggestion on Twitter for me to follow someone, and well I clicked on the icon of the guy because they looked hot." She started off. Sam rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, keep going."

"Anyways so I clicked on the contact and guess who it was? Drew!" Kat said. Sam's eyes widened and she stood up, walking over to Kat's desk where her computer was.

"Why would they suggest you follow him?" She asked, feeling a little uncomfortable. It's like Drew would never leave her alone. Even if it wasn't exactly him bothering her in person himself.

They had ended things over a year ago, but he was still always there somehow. She hated just as much as she hated Drew himself.

"That doesn't matter. This is what matters." Kat said, pulling up the tab that had Drew's Twitter profile on it.

"What the fuck?" Sam said, leaning forward to get a closer look at the screen.

"Why does he have another name?" Kat asked, leaning back in her chair.

"More importantly," Sam paused.

Before she could continue Kat's door bursted open.

"Hey ladies, what's going on?" Kat's brother asked, poking his head through the door.

"Go away! I thought you were out." Kat groaned.

"Yeah I was, and I'm back now." He grinned at them.

"Good for you! Fuck off now, would you?"

"Wait before you-" Before he could finish she slammed the door in his face, then locking it.

"Chris is so annoying." She sighed as she sat back down in her chair.

"Why does he still live here? Isn't he supposed to be at Uni?" Sam laughed.

"Yeah well he's a wanker and doesn't want to do anything with his life so he's probably going to stay here until mum and dad kick him out." Kat rolled her eyes.

"Wait what were you going to say before Chris barged in here?"

"Shit, I've forgot." Sam said.

"Stupid Chr-"

"Wait, I've got it!" Sam yelled a bit too loudly.

"Go on then!" Kat yelled back, also maybe a bit too loud.

"Why is his last name displayed as Hemmings?"

//

this is where it all begins.

hope you enjoyed! it's going to start getting interesting here :-)))

thank you so so much for reading and all the stuff, means a lot !!

- jess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 7.6K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
151K 5.5K 41
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
119K 3.5K 27
a paige bueckers story.
873K 40.5K 173
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one