Young Bloods

By angeleyes-demonsoul

Freaks of nature Science cannot explain them, but here they were A group of teens with certain supernatural a... More

~Prolog~
~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty One~
~Character Questions? (Closed)~
~Character Answers/Abilities List~

~Chapter Seventeen~

1.3K 100 55
By angeleyes-demonsoul

~Pete's POV~

We were walking down the endless hall with the light of Frank's electricity. I was leaning against Frank, trying to keep consciousness from my wounds and overexerting myself earlier.

"Just a bit further..." Ryan would keep repeating with an unsure expression, "Just a bit further..."

"Are you sure about that?" Frank finally asked with a slightly irritated tone. His sparks were still lighting our way down the endless hall. Every few feet, he would send a bolt of electricity down and ahead of us.

"Yes?.." Ryan bit his lip. He hardly sounded sure of himself anymore. It wasn't the best sign...

I let out a slight cry of pain as my side began to throb worse. Brendon stopped, but continued to hold me up as my legs buckled slightly. I scrunched my eyes shut and tried to make my legs work once again.

"Take it easy!" Brendon exclaimed, lowering me slowly, "Just hold up, guys..."

I ended up laying on the ground, holding my side in pain. The others had stopped and stood by me.

"How long is this?" Frank exclaimed, sending a bolt up to collide with the ceiling.

"This is ridiculous..." Brendon stood up and walked a few feet in front of our group. He stopped holding one foot firmly in front of the other while balling his hand in a fist. "Cover your ears."

"What are you doing?" Frank asked.

"Just fucking listen or risk some hearing loss." Brendon snapped. We all covered our ears. Mine were covered slower due to my hesitation to move my hand from my throbbing side. Once he was sure our ears were all covered, he turned forward again. He took a deep breath of air and used his ability for the first time in months.

He let out an ear piercing screech that echoed down the hall. He turned his head to listen for the echoes, similar to echolocation. He held up his finger and continued to listen in the darkness.

"Long ways..." Brendon squinted his eyes. He shook his head and continued, "It doesn't make sense. It can't be that long. It can't..."

"We need...We need to find them." My face scrunched in pain. It hurt to talk. It hurt to move.

"We could really use some healing abilities right now..." Ryan said, concerned. He had leaned down next to me and put his hand to my temple.

"Get out, Ryan." I said through gritted teeth. I could feel him searching through my memories. My head shook slightly as I tried to throw his hand away.

"Alright, Pete, alright." Ryan took his hand away and held them up.

"What'd you do?" Frank asked, sending out another bolt of lightening. He was looking between Ryan and I.

"Trying to see if I could help his pain." Ryan said with a sigh. He stood and scratched his head, "It's a physical ailment, but sometimes if you take away some of the psychological hurt, the physical lessens."

"It's not going to help right now." I spoke through gritted teeth again. It hurt too much to be fixed so easily. I snapped my eyes shut again as another pain shot through me.

"It's honestly worth a shot, Pete." Brendon said after a minute, "You're really fucked up man..."

I shook my head again, keeping my eyes closed. I didn't want Ryan in my head. I trusted him, but I did not want him in my head at all. I didn't want to risk it. I had experienced here and with Brendon what affects tampering with memories had.

"Maybe two of us should go ahead." Brendon suggested after more silence.

"Take Ryan." Frank said, "I'll keep sending bolts down to keep it lit up and stay here with Pete."

I opened my eyes to see Brendon nodding. I felt dizzy, so I closed my eyes once again. I heard footsteps walking down the hall away from Frank and I.

"Are you sure we'll find them?.." I asked quietly. I knew Frank was next to me. He had said he would stay, even though Gerard was as close to him as Patrick was to me.

"We have to have some kind of hope, right?" Frank laughed lightly. I could hear the worry in his voice, however.

"I hope they're okay..." I could barely breathe out the words without triggering a searing pain.

"His eyes, Pete..." Frank gulped, "G wasn't there. It wasn't him...They were solid black..."

"Patrick... Patrick's were an empty yellow..." I held my side tightly. Frank must of noticed.

"You need to shut up." He pressed his hand against my side. It definitely helped the pain. "Talking isn't helping you right now...Patrick and Gerard are fine. They will be..." It felt like he was trying to convince himself more than me...

~Brendon's POV~

I walked with Ryan down the hall.

"Ears." I'd say casually before I sent out my screech to see how much further we had. Ryan would listen, although each time, he was slightly slower to do it.

"What's wrong, baby?" I stopped and turned to him. A bolt of Frank's electricity shot past us before he spoke.

"I don't know..." His face was scrunching in a tired confusion, "I feel really weird..."

"Ry..." I took a step closer to him.

Ryan's hand ran through his hair and he looked at me with his look of confusion. "Fear. Current fear. She's here Brendon she..." Ryan's legs buckled and his eyes rolled back as he fell forward.

"Ryan!" I caught his limp figure before he could hit the ground, "Don't do this to me again, you fucker!" I was on my knees, tapping his cheek to try and wake him back up.

"Fear, what were you afraid of? I wasn't thinking about fear...I wasn't afraid? Baby, why were you afraid?.." I rambled, trying to wake him up.

"His fear is constant..." I heard a soft giggle.

I looked around the dark hall. I couldn't see anything... C'mon Frank, where was your lightening?..

"He's funny...what if I hurt Brendon again? What if this place hurts Brendon? Hehe, the fear in him is endless."

"Shut up!" I yelled into the darkness. Where was Frank's bolt? I had no sight without him.

"Why, Urie?.. What are you afraid of?.."

Fuck. I didn't even have to think about it to know.

The dark.
The dark of this place.

I covered Ryan's ears and sent out a short screeching sound ahead of me. I still couldn't find an end to the hall, but I could find an obstruction in the hall ahead.

What the fuck was I supposed to do? I could only scream...

"You're not dead yet, Urie..." The voice continued to giggle, "But your friends are as good as..."

I screeched again and the figure had gotten closer. I bit my lip. I didn't have good defense skills. I couldn't just run back to the others and leave Ryan. I couldn't stay here and not warn the others either...Pete couldn't take much more...

"You never know what lurks in the dark..." The voice was closer. I had to make a decision.

I turned down the hall in the direction that Frank and Pete were waiting. I sent out an echoing screech.

"That won't help you!.." I felt someone grip the back of my shirt and lift me off the ground.

"Maybe not me..." I choked on my words as my shirt began to choke me.

"Not anyone..." A voice hissed next to my ear. The next time I heard the feminine voice, it was addressing whoever was holding me.

"Drop him Josh!.. Be sure to get a good bump to his head..."

The next instant I was on the ground, crying out in pain. I tried to move, but felt two fingers connect to my forehead before passing out.

~Pete's POV~

Frank and I were sitting in relative silence. I was trying to calm down the pain in my side by sitting up against the wall while Frank sat next to me, sending a bolt of electricity down the hall about every sixty seconds.

"Our connection isn't even working..." Frank spoke quietly after awhile.

"You've got nothing?" I asked, looking over at him.

He shook his head, "Only silence...I can't even feel him..." He ran his hand through his hair, "I... I can't even feel him..."

I looked down. I had no idea how far gone Gerard was...But he had been in 'testing' more than any of us... Who knows how simply or not he could be brought back...

We had grown quiet again when a noise shot down the hall. We had to cover our ears as Brendon's screech echoed down and past us.

"What the fuck!?" Frank jumped to his feet and looked down in the direction the sound had come from.

"Maybe they got turned around?.." I suggested, still sitting against the wall.

Frank shook his head, "No...The bolts should of kept them straight...Something's wrong..."

He began to flair with electricity. He held out his arm and electricity spewed from his finger tips. It didn't just shoot down the hall this time, it formed what looked like an electrified spider web across the entrance of the hall. Once it was set up, Frank fell back on his ass, gasping for air.

"Light...and...Protection..." He panted with a grin.

"Protection from what, though?" I asked, holding out my hand to Frank.

He rolled over and grabbed my hand. He lifted himself up and leaned back against the wall.

"Whatever Brendon was trying to warn us about..." Frank trailed off, looking at his spider web-like creation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 9.4K 35
Frank Iero reckons there are a hell of a lot of people he'd do away with in a school shooting. He has a vivid imagination and what he finds to be a p...
8.5K 541 38
❝ my head's in heaven, my soles are in hell; so let's meet in the purgatory of my hips and get well ❞ Patrick's just a kid that has big dreams- bi...
64.8K 2.2K 23
"Looks like the bad boy is growing soft for someone" " Shut up" What happens when the new girl in school gets Gerard wrapped aroun...
105K 4.8K 38
[Based on 50 Shades Of Grey] "I'm Pete Wentz. You must be Patrick" "Uh yeah I'm him. He's me" "Sit down then Mr. Stump"