Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 4

6.5K 210 37
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

After eating a piece of the delicious cake that Katie made, I headed to my bedroom to change and get ready for dinner. I walked over to my closet taking out a few outfits laying them down on my bed on top of the white cream bed sheets.

I stare down at them biting down on my index finger trying to decide which outfit would work best for a simple dinner; I don't want to go too casual but not too fancy either.

Finally after a bit of inner debating I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of grey ankle boots and a white shirt underneath my black trench coat.

"Would you like me to drive you?" Katie asks standing by my bedroom door leaning against the wall.

"To the train station?" I ask brushing through my hair letting my brown loose curls fall down my back and shoulders."Don't you have a late shift at the restaurant?"

"No, I asked for the day off." She replies. I hum in response placing on my grey fedora.

"So do you?" Katie presses leaning off the wall.

"Sure, thanks." I smile grabbing my wallet and train ticket off the dresser following her out.

I step into the restaurant after have taken a cab here from the train station. I was greeted by a lovely hostess with a bright smile; she escorted me to a table after asking for my name off the reservation list.

I sat down placing my wallet on the table when a women, the waiter, walked up dressed in a white shirt and black pants with green apron tied around her waist.

"Hello," She smiles at me, making the corner of her hazel eyes crinkle. The women was probably in her mid thirty's, her light brown hair was pulled into a low bun.

"Hello," I smile at her. "How are you?"

"Good thank you." She replies. "My name is Sarah and I will be your waiter for this evening."

"What can I get you?" Sarah asks taking out a note pad and pen from her pocket, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her left ear.

"Oh, well um..I-i'm actually waiting for someone." I stutter. Nice job, Ryder.

"Alright," Sarah nods. "Well would you like something to drink while you wait?"

"Um...just a coke please." I say biting my lower lip, blushing.

"Alright, I'll be back with your drink." She smiles walking away.

Once Sara left I turn my head and look out the window trying to push back my nervousness and embarrassment. I always get this flustered and shy, except when I'm drinking of course, and I hate it.

"Here's you're drink." Sarah says placing the red cup on the table along with a wrapped straw.

"Thank you." I mutter before she walked away . I reach and unwrap the straw placing it in the drink taking a sip before feeling my phone vibrate in my coat pocket. I lean back in the cushioned seat pulling my phone out.

From: Evan

Happy Birthday Darling! I'm so sorry I can't join you and you're family for dinner but you know how my boss is. I'll make it up to you I promise. Love you.

I sigh, shutting my phone placing it back in my pocket taking another sip of my soda. Well, Evan's absence won't be such a bad thing considering him and my brother's rocky relationship; the last thing we need is a silly fight.

On a much brighter note Shawn will be here with me, he always keeps his promises to me. He may be my step brother but we are much closer than that. However, there still is a tiny part of me that hopes to see my dad would join us for dinner, even though I know it's wrong to have faith in him.

I gaze out the window watching a few cars drive by and pedestrians walking on the sidewalks trying to stay warm. It looked quite gloomy and dark outside due to the various rain clouds above but I enjoyed it, because somehow the darkness made the colors of the street pop.

Gosh, what I would give to have a high quality camera of my own. The streets look so beautiful at night.

"Geez Ry, I thought you'd be more happy to see me." I furrow my eyebrows hearing a deep voice right next to me. I turn my head and my face immediate breaks into a bright smile.

Shawn was sitting next to me with a grin on his face, his blue eyes twinkling with delight.

"Shawn!" I squeal wrapping my arms around his neck, not giving a damn that the whole restaurant could hear me.

"Hey," He laughs by my sudden jump on him, tightly hugging me. "Happy Birthday."

Shawn releases me after a moment and stands seating in the cushion seat across from me.

"You haven't ordered anything?" He asks taking off his navy coat placing it beside him.

"No, I just ordered a drink I was waiting for you, " I mutter. "And dad." I add more quietly.

Shawn's face falls a little bit at the mention of our dad but he soon places on his comforting smile.

"Let's order." He says raising his arm to call over the waiter.

"He isn't coming." I say chewing the last bite of spaghetti off my plate before taking a sip of my soda to chase it down. Shawn had already finished eating his lasagna, he was leaning back against the cushioned seat; one arm draped across the back while his other hand was resting on the table.

"He can stand me up but he can't stand you up." Shawn mutters shaking his head.

"Shawn, it's okay I'm used to this and-" I stop when Shawn's phone starts to ring. He sighs, pulling out of his dark blue jean pocket. He looks at the screen and frowns before glancing up at me.
"I'll be right back." He says, excusing himself from the table before standing up from his seat. I bit my lower lip allowing my eyes to linger on him a bit longer before taking another sip of my soda.

Shawn's POV

"Dad, where are you? Why didn't you answer me earlier." I hiss into the phone standing by the bathrooms.

"Why? What did you need?"

"Are you kidding me dad? It's Ryder's birthday, you promised."

"Shit! Was the dinner today?" He says in panic.

"You have got to be fucking joking!" I hiss through the phone trying to not let my voice get too loud. "You promise. How can you forget?"

"I'm sorry, Shawn. I've had a very long day and I'm still at work."

"Well then get down here." I say through clenched teeth.

"I can't. I have to finish-"

"You are the fucking boss!" I snap turning around to see Ryder looking out the window at our table. "Are you saying you can't leave for your own daughter's birthday?"

"Shawn, I am but I also have a boss." He says sternly. "I have a lot of paperwork. I'll make it up to her."

"Whatever, dad." I sigh hanging up before I say anything I regret.

Ryder's POV

"He isn't coming is he?" I mutter looking up at Shawn as he came to a stop and stood by the table.

"No." He answers, his voice sad. "He wanted to but he couldn't leave work but he said-"

"You don't have to make excuses for him Shawn." I interrupt shaking my head. "Its fine, it has been this way my whole life. I'm used to it."

"Yes Ryder, but he is your dad and-"

"I'm okay with thinking that nothing good will ever happen to me." I interrupt him. "Because otherwise I'm filled with hope. When you have hope for things, you just end up getting disappointed."

"Come on, let's pay for our meal." Shawn sighs picking up his coat. I nod, standing up following him to the cashier by the entrance of the restaurant.

Shawn paid for our meal and lead us outside to his car parked a bit further down the side of the street.

"Here you go." Shawn smiles taking out a purple birthday bag out of the back seat.

"Shawn, you didn't have to do this."

"It's okay. I had some money saved up and I knew you wanted what's in there for a long time." He says crossing his arms over his chest.

"Thank you." I smile holding the bag in front of me with both of my hands. "I'll open it when I get home."

"I'm sorry about dad." Shawn mutters giving me an apologetic shrug.

"It's okay."

"I was thinking we can go ice skating." Shawn mutters closing the back door of his car; changing our conversation to a much brighter topic.

"I know you have always wanted to do that." Shawn adds smiling down at me.

"I'd love to but I'm going to miss my train." I say, feeling bad about rejecting his offer because I know he is doing his best to cheer me up.

"Okay, next time then. Come on, I'll drive you." I nod opening the door climbing into the passenger seat. I checked to see if I had my train ticket in my pocket, which I did but one thing was missing.

"Wait, Shawn." I say before he pulled onto the street. "I forgot my wallet inside the restaurant."

"I'll go get it. Stay here." He says unbuckling his seat belt before climbing out of the car. I watch Shawn as he walked around the car, ducking from the light rain, down the sidewalk into the restaurant.

It's been ten minutes and Shawn still isn't back yet. My eyes divert to the clock on the stereo, it read 10:30 P.M. Damn, I only have half an hour to get to the station.

My worry vanished from my mind when I hear the car door open revealing Shawn climbing into the car, his hair a bit wet.

"I'm sorry, sis, it wasn't there anymore." He says shaking his head. "I asked around but-"

"It's okay, I'll just call and cancel my credit cards." I say interrupting him, dismissing the subject.

"Can you please just drive me to the station? My train leaves at eleven and I'm going to be late." I say anxiously buckling my seat belt. Shawn nods doing the same before pulling onto the road.

I quickly unbuckle my seat belt as Shawn came to a stop in front of the train station.

"Love you, thank you." I say quickly kissing Shawn's cheek climbing out of the car. I grab my ticket and phone in one hand grabbing my present in the other slamming the car door shut.

"Call me when you get home!" Shawn yells out the window behind me as I quickly jog inside the station with a thumbing heart and a half disappointed spirit.

Author's Note

Hey loves! How are all of you doing?

I'm sorry this post was short but please have patience I promise it will be worth the wait; I just really don't want to rush the story. Also, I'm sorry for not having a playlist for this chapter, I just couldn't find songs that would fit well.

If any of you have any song suggestions, please tell me.

Now I don't know when I'll update this story cause I'm pretty busy with personal stuff; which is why I haven't updated my others stories as well. I promise I will update when I can.

Please don't be a ghost reader! Do let me know what you think of my posts! I love hearing from you. Comment where you are from, it'll be fun knowing where you are reading from :)

Please don't forget to vote and share! <3 Follows are also appreciated. Thank you!! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 1.3K 21
story of sisters who are poles apart yet designed together . one believes to hate her sister others whole world is her sister ..
Stay By Jenn

Fanfiction

4.3M 144K 59
Evie Jones was seemingly in tact. Her life was a representation of perfection. Niall Horan was seemingly self-assured. His life a representation of i...
33.1K 684 31
!Spoilers! The story is based around the Spiderman No Way Home movie The story isn't completely canon Reader x Peter Parker All three Peters will ha...
825K 22.1K 64
Georgia Gibson challenged her best friend Harry Styles to go six months without sex. Harry Styles challenged Georgia to do the same. The rules are ma...