Blood Moon Falls (Book 1 in t...

By SAMiAMiz

There's not much to do in a small town like Blood Moon Falls and Thea Saranto is perfectly okay with that. Sh... More

Blood Moon Falls Wattpad Trailers
BEFORE YOU READ...
☙1❧
☙2❧
☙3❧
☙4❧
☙5❧
☙6❧
☙7❧
☙8❧
☙9❧
☙10❧
☙11❧
☙12❧
☙13❧
☙15❧
☙16❧
☙17❧
☙18❧
☙19❧
☙20❧
☙21❧
☙22❧
☙23❧
☙24❧
☙25❧
☙26❧
☙27❧
☙28❧
☙29❧
☙30❧
☙31❧
☙32❧
☙33❧
☙34❧
☙35❧
☙36❧
☙37❧
☙38❧
☙39❧
☙40❧

☙14❧

18K 1.1K 401
By SAMiAMiz

☙ONE MONTH LATER❧

"I really miss you at home, Thea."

My aunt brushed her hand against my hair, pushing it back while continuing to say, "I get kind of bummed out on not having someone try out my new recipes."

I laughed lightly, smiling in return to hers. She looked down with a small frown at the outfit I had on, her fingers brushing the thermal sleeve of mine until they stopped at the plastic wrist band with some of my personal information on it.

Her hand shot up to her hand, covering her mouth to cover the sob that escaped her. Aunt Penny turned away on the small bed that I'd been occupying for the past month. I frowned, watching her cry, and leaned over to touch her shoulder so she could look at me.

"Aunt Penny... What's---what's wrong?"

With every visit my aunt made, she hadn't broken down until now. I guess I didn't think it would be so hard for her to see me in the mental hospital since she had agreed to sign the form that the therapist presented to her after my emergency appointment. It took a lot of convincing on my part to get my aunt to understand that I needed this, and that it was important for her to let me get the help I needed.

It wasn't like i was leaving her forever. I was just at the mental hospital located on the outskirt of Blood Moon Falls. It was about a twenty minute drive and was close to where my aunt worked, which was why she'd visit during her lunch. The hospital wasn't as bad as i imagined.

The floors were all carpet and the walls were a dark green color. The rooms had two beds each. We weren't allowed to keep anything in the rooms; no clothes, no toothbrushes, shampoo, notebooks, books, pens, nothing that could be used to potentially harm another. Everything like that was kept in an assigned locker that we had to request our stuff from. It was annoying to be honest, to not have my music of all things, but it was part of the rules that i agreed to when I signed that document.

Aunt Penny had to be frisked whenever she came to visit and would have to wait by the front desk for the staff to check whatever she brought me. My phone and headphones were taken away the first day here, so I got my fix of music in the "happy lounge" as the staff called it where the patients could sit down for arts and crafts while listening to music, or watch TV.

"Aunt Penny...?" I tried again, saddened that she was crying so hard.

She shook her head, sighing, "I'm so sorry, Thea... I just... I just feel like a failure as a guardian if my niece had to come to this place to get the help she needed. I failed your mom, sweetheart!"

Shaking my head, I pulled my legs underneath me, sitting on my haunches as I took hold of her hand. I squeezed it a bit, smiling, "Aunt Penny... Please stop crying... You didn't fail at anything, okay? This was going to happen anyway. I feel so much better after being here. I needed to help myself the most even if you were there the whole time."

Her brown eyes looked confused and i sighed, sitting back and twisting the band around my wrist.

"Sometimes the support we have isn't enough, and unfortunately for me--- I needed more than just your love. I couldn't keep depending on you to fix me when you have a life to live too."

My aunt frowned, wiping at her tears and turned to face me better. She brushed my hair out of my face again, holding my face in her hands.

"Thea... You are seventeen years old. That doesn't mean you have to do things on your own. The feelings you had to deal with didn't have to isolate you. I was there to help you, to deal with these feelings you had."

I weakly smiled as she continued.

"You have been dealing with something so difficult, and you kept pushing me out... Skipping school... Lying to me... But that doesn't mean i didn't want to be there for you even if you thought I shouldn't have. When i took on the responsibility of being your guardian, i made a promise to my sister that I would take care of you and I want to see that... But you have to be more open with me, Thea."

She took hold of my face again and i held her wrists, my bottom lip trembling as I started to cry. She kissed my forehead, making me close my eyes and apologize for the trouble I put her through.

"I promise to be a bit better, Aunt Penny."

"Good... That's all i ask," she smiled, taking turns to wipe away my tears and hers.

Our attention went to the door when there was a knock interrupting our visit. A nurse was there, the one who usually would check in during rotations to make sure to write where we were located. I smiled a bit at him as he walked in with his clipboard.

The nurse grinned, "How's the visit going, Thea?"

I nodded that it was going well, then he nodded, happy to hear that and then turned to my aunt to inform her that the documents for her to sign for my release were ready for her at the front desk. Aunt Penny smiled, nodding that she'd be right there and the nurse made his exit.

I looked down at our hands on the bed, her thumb brushing mine carefully.

Today was the day that I go back home. And tomorrow I return to school. My aunt told me that she had told the school that I was going to be on leave until further notice, that it was something medical. Which wouldn't have really been a lie to be honest.

"Are you going to be alright, sweetheart? Going back to school i mean?"

I didn't answer right away. I chewed my bottom lip, some habits hard to die, and I nodded that I thought so. This was my chance to getting back to normal, and that i wasn't going to have to worry about the werewolves living in Blood Moon Falls since the feeling of wanting to be around the other was neutral.

Looking up at her, I nodded that I was going to take it one step at a time. She nodded, smiling, "That's my girl." before kissing my forehead and got up to leave the room. I sighed, looking around me and then lastly to my roommate's bed. She was currently in her session with her therapist so I wouldn't be able to see her after, but we never really talked unless it was to ask how the other was doing for the day.

I bent down, tugging on my laceless shoes---the staff took my shoelaces away from them---and walked towards the door. Aunt Penny was nodding her head to something a staff member was telling her when I approached. The nurse turned her head to me and smiled, "Congratulations, Thea. I hope your stay here was helpful."

"It was, thank you."

Aunt Penny wrapped her arm around me, and I leaned my head against her as we walked out of the hospital; one of the security guards tipping his hat at us before locking the doors behind us.

The drive home was peaceful; my aunt was telling me about the dinner she had planned to make and I put my two cents in that I would really like the taste of her freshly made orange juice. She laughed that she'd get right on it before glancing at me that Silver missed me a lot.

She explained that she would walk the horse, leading him around the property, but was too scared to ride him. I laughed that I couldn't wait to spend time with him, then my smile wilted a little at the thought of Newt. I remember i had told my aunt that my dog had run away, though she frowned a while wondering how that was possible when he was so attached to me.

Shaking my head of my dead dog, I reached over to turn up the oldies song on the radio and leaned my head back until we got home. Aunt Penny turned the car into the driveway, and turned off the engine.

"Go head on in, i'll grab your stuff."

I got out of the car, walking up the steps to the house and used the key under the mat to open it up. Looking around it felt weird yet nice to be home. I felt like i didn't recognize anything even though I had been gone just a month.

"Here's your bag, Thea. And your phone." my aunt smiled, handing me mentioned objects.

I looked at my phone, turning it on before telling my aunt that i was going to be upstairs putting my stuff away. She nodded, heading towards the kitchen while calling back that she'd let me know when to come and eat.

My room was exactly as I left it; clothes on the floor, unmade bed, and trinkets here and there on my desk. Standing in the middle of it, I made a three sixty taking in its appearance. A small smile crept on my face to be home.

I glanced down at my wardrobe, wrinkling my nose at the thermal shirt and the sweats i wore. Then I remembered about my plastic wrist band and immediately went in search for a pair of scissors sitting on my desk to cut it off. I tossed the cut band into the waste basket, then discarded my hospital clothes for a pair of shorts and a tank top.

I entered the bathroom, twisting around and lifting my shirt to see the claw marks on my side never going away, but had faded into white scarring. I shrugged, letting my shirt back down and decided to put my shoes back on to go out to the barn. I hopped down the stairs, walking past the kitchen after letting my aunt know i'd be outside and walked to the barn.

The moment i opened the door, my horse started his ruckus. He nodded his head, neighing loudly and stomping his hoof on the barn floor. I smiled, quickly rushing over to hug my horse's head to me. He nudged at me, his silent way of greeting me and I kissed his nose.

"Boy did i miss you, Silver," i whispered, petting him gently.

I then began telling him about where I was, and how i was sorry for abandoning him for so long, but that i wouldn't do that anymore. He huffed out a breath of air, nodding his head and I laughed that I meant my promise. He didn't seem to believe though as his big eye stared at me.

"Thea! Dinner!"

"Welp," I told my horse, patting his nose, "I gotta go. But i promise we'll hang out soon. Okay?"

The horse huffed, nudging his head at me before I left the barn, closing it shut behind me. My mind was racing as I walked back up to the house. I just couldn't help but think about tomorrow when I go back to school. I had a lot of work to catch up on, that was for sure, and I didn't know if I was going to be able to graduate on time in the next three months. Even throughout dinner, while Aunt Penny was telling me about what her plans were tomorrow, i just kept thinking about school.

Taking a deep breath, I reminded myself that I was going to take back my life. No matter how hard it would be at first, I was going to do it. I glanced at Aunt Penny chattering away, grinning to myself that i wasn't going to be alone doing so either.

☙§❧

Aunt Penny pulled up to the school, us both looking at it like it was something to fear. I turned away from the school that was swarming with my peers i hadn't seen in a month and put on a grim smile.

"Well... Wish me luck!"

My aunt leaned over, kissing my cheek and told me that if i needed anything for me to call her. She mentioned she was going to be working late, but that if i needed her home that she would bring work with her. I nodded, grateful for that should i need it and told her i loved her.

I opened the car door, pulling my bag on my shoulder before shutting the door behind me. It almost felt like everyone heard the sound of my aunt's car door close because they were all turning in my direction. Swallowing hard, I bent my head to look at my aunt warily watching the other students.

"You sure you'll be okay?" she asked once more since this morning that i woke up.

I nodded, wishing her a good day before watching her take off. Then i faced forward, looking down as i bit my lip. The walkway to the school doors seemed a lot farther than i remembered, and i could hear some of the students whispering as I walked past.

My sneakers carried me up the steps quickly, my hand reaching to pull open the door and walk in to find more of my peers. They all stared at me between their conversations as I was making my way to the front office. I stared straight ahead to avoid any gazes, and let out a breath when i reached my destination.

Walking in, I looked up and froze when I saw who was standing behind the counter beside the secretary. My brows furrowed, my eyes dropping as I approached closer and turned to the secretary to let her know that i was checking in from my leave. I handed her my medical documents that would excuse me for my absence, and as the smiling secretary was typing away while going through them, I kept my gaze down.

My finger tapped impatiently on the counter, my jaw slanting to the side though i felt really uncomfortable. The secretary finally turned to me as she let me know that she put in the system that I was back, then handed my papers over to the student beside her and asked, "Violet, dear. Will you make a copy of these, please?"

I didn't look up as Violet answered that she would and disappeared for a few minutes. The secretary was writing down something on a yellow form as she explained to me that i was to give this to my new teachers to sign, excusing me for my absences. I nodded, taking the form she handed to me and looked it over.

I completely forgot that it was a new semester and it was already in the middle of it. The older lady then handed me my schedule, smiling that she was glad i was back and for me to have a good day after Violet returned with my documents and was handed those back too.

Nodding, I thanked the secretary and made my way out of the office. I was frowning over my new schedule, groaning internally at seeing that i still had the same Algebra teacher, and pondered if it was too late to call my aunt and say i wasn't ready to return to school.

There was a voice that startled me, looking up in the direction of it when they spoke my name in a questioning manner.

My brows raised when I saw Josh, Christa, Travis and Miranda standing by their lockers and looking right at me. For a moment, i didn't know what to do, especially when Christa ran over and wrapped her arms around me. Some of her gold hair tickled my nose and i was wiggling my nose around to get it out of the way.

She pulled back finally and smiled, "I missed you so much! What happened to you? You just disappeared!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but then Josh and his friends approached. Josh smiled that he was so glad to see my face again, and that he missed having me around. My head nodded, responding that it was good to be back before looking at Christa again who had taken hold of my hands and asked how I was feeling.

"I called your aunt when you went missing! I thought maybe you were missing like the others and got so worried!"

"Others?" I frowned.

Christa nodded, mentioning that some students and their families have gone missing and the police don't know why or how. She looked at Josh then back at me that they were worried i had been one of them.

"But then your aunt explained that your anemia had gotten worse and you had to stay home. She refused to let me come in to see you, which i didn't blame her since I wasn't a very good friend to you a few months back."

Okay... This is weird. I've been gone a month and it feels like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I shrugged that i was fine now and that i was thankful for the concern. Then i side glanced at Travis and Miranda who were in the middle of conversation with one another before looking back at Christa. She started pulling me in the direction of my locker and I stumbled a bit at her hurried pace as she told her friends that she'd see them later.

"Oh, Thea! I'm so glad you are back! I really hope you'll let me eat lunch with you today. I want to catch up on how you are doing."

I wasn't sure if i wanted to eat lunch with her, or anyone for that matter. I had planned on eating in the art room where i could be alone. Christa seemed persistent however and clasped her fingers together, against her chest, while asking again if i wanted to eat with her. She told me that we didn't have to eat with Josh and them if i didn't want to.

I shrugged, telling her I'd think about it as i opened my locker. There were old textbooks from last semester in there which i'll have to return to the library in order to receive my new ones. I glanced to the side, Christa watching me and i shrugged, "What?"

She smiled softly, tilting her head against the locker and sighed, "I'm just really glad you're back, Thea. I missed you lots."

Christa touched my shoulder that she'd see me later, hopefully, and walked down the hall. I stared after her, lowering a brow. I hadn't forgotten what she said about my parents, and i wasn't going to let that go. I honestly wasn't. But there might be a possibility to start over. Maybe.

After placing my sketchbook into the locker, I shut it closed and turned away walking down the hall while looking down at my backpack as I was zipping it up. That was when i bumped into someone and looked up to see a pair of gray eyes that i hadn't seen in a month. I stepped back a bit, furrowing my brows as I realized it was Auric in front of me.

We didn't say anything to one another, not that i was expecting to, and glanced around for the rest of the Six. They were usually all in a group. When i didn't see them, I turned back to the Alpha son and mumbled, "Sorry," before moving around him. I went back to zipping up my bag, not expecting for him to grab onto my elbow.

With my learned patience, I turned to face him---his grip on my elbow not dropping---and raised a brow.

Auric took a moment, his eyes staring at me like i wasn't really there.

"Thea...? You're back..."

I shrugged him off my elbow since he wasn't going to do it on his own. Without saying anything, i nodded, taking a step away from him after remembering what we had agreed on. The hurt i experienced suddenly returned out of the blue and I was just annoyed at that. I shouldn't care anymore, i was supposed to be starting anew.

I looked to the side of me and noticed that some of the students were staring. Some were whispering to one another. Turning back to Auric, I cleared my throat and mumbled that i needed to get to class.

"Thea..."

He took a step towards me, his brows furrowing as he asked where I've been, but I took a step back.

Shrugging a shoulder uncomfortably, I huffed, "Look... I really don't want to be caught talking to you or the rest of the Six. But especially you. I'm trying to start over and I can't do that if I'm associated with you guys. I haven't forgotten the agreement to keep your secret, and I'm doing that. But you guys have to leave me alone."

I looked over my shoulder, catching sight of Violet exiting the office and looking in our direction. Facing her boyfriend, I sighed, "Please... Don't talk to me again." then walked away without looking at him. I walked past Violet, not giving in to the temptation to look at her either.

By the time i got to my first class, i let out a breath of air i hadn't realized i was holding in. My eyes shut tightly, trying to calm my nerves before opening them up and stepping into the classroom. The teacher took my form after handing it to him and welcomed me back before gesturing for me to find an open seat.

The whole time that i sat in class, I was pondering about lunch time when I would have to see the Six, and Christa and her friends. The thought of sitting alone sounded really appealing to me. It would be a way for me to gather my thoughts about what i wanted to do with Christa.

Should I start over with her? Did i really want to chance being friends with her again, only for her to repeat the way she treated me?

Rolling my eyes I opened my backpack to pull out a notebook and a pen, doodling in the corner of the page. My sketch of a cracked egg with an alien protruding out of it was almost complete when someone sat beside me. I side glanced to see the blue fabric of a shirt but then went back to what i was doing.

"Nice alien."

I lifted my head, turning it to stare into the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. My breathing hitched at the blueish-purple hue then my eyes fell on the crooked smile offered to me. I blinked a few times before staring up at the owner who chuckled that I probably wasn't used to any compliments on my artwork.

I cleared my throat, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear as I dropped my pen and smiled, "Sorry... I just..."

Titling my head and narrowing my eyes, I pointed out to the stranger that his eyes were very beautiful. I felt my face grow hot as I said this, and closed my eyes for a second before apologizing for being so forward.

The stranger laughed again, shaking his head that it wasn't a problem and held out his hand, "I'm Maddox."

Placing my hand in his, I nodded, "Thea."

Maddox's lips pulled into that crooked smile again, crossing his arms in front of me and nodded, "So you draw, huh? Taking any art classes?"

"After lunch, actually. It's my favorite class."

"Hm... Well," he smirked, sitting up straight and wiggling his brows that hopefully by the end of the school year he'd make first period my favorite. "I'll even settle for second favorite."

The blush from before rose again and I turned away, biting my lip from smiling. He nudged me a bit and i peeked at him.

"Want to sit with me at lunch?"

I smiled, nodding, "Yeah... That'd be wonderful."

"Great. I'll meet you in the caf then. Deal?"

"Deal."

Maddox turned away when our teacher started talking loudly over the student's chatter to gain our attention. But i kept sneaking glances at him, a small smile pulling at my lips and blushing again whenever he'd glance to the side and catch me.

Perhaps this was the start of change I needed in the right direction.

☙§❧

"Thea! Thea, over here!"

I stepped out of the lunch line with my tray of spaghetti and carton of orange juice to see Christa waving her hand wildly. She was smiling brightly as she kept motioning me over. I was scanning the room carefully as I approached, wondering where Maddox was until I saw him seated beside Travis.

He was giving me that crooked smile again and I noticed that there was a seat beside him that was empty. He nodded at it and I sat down, giving him a small smile before looking at Christa. She kept telling me that she was so glad that i sat with them, giving them a chance to catch up with me. Josh, seated beside her, nodded at the boy beside me and introduced him as Blood Moon Falls newest resident.

"Maddox here showed up about a week after you left," he explained, his brown eyes glancing at his new friend who I turned to see was staring at me. I blushed, raising my shoulders shyly and started using my spork to move around my spaghetti.

I told the others that I had Maddox first period, and that we had agreed to eat lunch with each other today. Christa threw her hands up in the air and beamed, "Well thank GOD you're friends with us, Maddy!"

Maddox wrinkled his nose at the girly nickname he was called, looking at me and mumbled that Maddox was his preferred name. I laughed, tilting my head that I thought Maddy was adorable.

"Really...?" He raised his brows, then grinned with a shrug, "Well then Maddy it is."

I went back to my food, nodding to something Christa was saying. My eyes kept wandering to Maddox and his blueish-purple eyes which Josh must have noticed because he kept clearing his throat and asking Maddox about 'that one girl that he was trying to get into her pants.'

The new boy shrugged, his eyes on me as he muttered, "What about her?"

I raised a brow, nudging him to stop staring at me. It was kind of uncomfortable, but still sweet---i think.

Josh grumbled under his breath, shaking his head as he stabbed at his meatloaf. I ignored his odd behavior and gave my full attention to Maddox who i learned was on the track team and moved here from Alaska. He shrugged that it was quite a big move, but that he was pretty comfortable in California after a month of being here.

Travis, at one point, pulled Maddox's attention away so i had to listen to Christa talk to me about God knows what. But as soon as I heard the lunch bell, I stood up, excusing myself that i wanted to get to class on time. Maddox stood up immediately and offered to walk me.

"Oh... You don't have to," i shook my head, though he countered that he wanted to.

I glanced at Christa who winked at me, and I frowned before sighing an 'okay' to Maddox.

We walked our trays to the trashcan, scraping off the empty bowls and cartons then made our way out into the hall with the rest of the student body. Maddox stuffed his hands into his pockets, looking at me after he asked what kind of art I liked to make. I went on for the whole five minutes it took to get to my class to explain how abstract art was fascinating to me because it was interrupted differently for everyone.

"Maybe you can show me your art sometime," Maddox suggested and I nodded that maybe i could.

Once we reached my classroom, Maddox sighed, "Well... Unfortunately I must part ways here. Gotta go to my own class."

I nodded, not sure of what to say next. Not that i had to.

"So i was wondering," he began, rubbing the back of his neck. "About uh... If you wanted to---and it's okay if you don't---but if you wanted to grab a milkshake with me in town sometime."

My eyes widened and the heat in my face returned. He was asking me out on a date! My first date! I bit my lip, looking up at him through my lashes that I'd have to ask my aunt, but that it should be okay.

"Great! How about tomorrow after school?"

I nodded, stepping back as I affirmed that tomorrow sounded good. Then i reminded him he was going to be late for his class. Maddox shrugged, "it'd be worth it," before stepping over to me and kissing my cheek.

I barely knew him and he was already being so overly friendly, yet it made me blush profusely.

"Well..." i chuckled nervously, "I should... Go."

He smiled, nodding, "See you later, Thea." and walked back down the hall we came. I internally squealed about how great this day was going so far, turning away to find a seat after the teacher signed my form.

Thoughts of Maddox came to mind and I was so excited to tell my aunt the good news! I just hope she'll let me go out on the date and wouldn't think it'd be too soon for me to have a social life.

☙§❧

I spoke too soon when I thought it was a great day so far.

I hadn't anticipated that I'd be running into the Six in the school parking lot when i stepped out of the school doors. My feet halted at the top of the stairs as they were all loitering in their usual spot, around their shared car. They hadn't noticed me yet, i don't think, and i wanted to keep it that way.

As i made my way down the steps, I made the stupid decision to lift my eyes up and catch the gaze of a certain gray-eyed person. He was seated on the hood of his car, arms crossed as the others were chit chatting. That intense gaze had me standing there for a good minute before Maddox startled me.

"Sorry," he laughed, shaking his head, "Didn't mean to scare you."

I swallowed, tucking my hair behind my ear that it was alright. "I just scare easily," i reasoned.

"Are you walking home or being picked up?"

"Oh..." i frowned, remembering that my aunt was working until late, so i guess that meant i would be walking home. When i reiterated this to Maddox, he offered to walk with me.

I lowered a brow, "You sure? It's pretty far."

He shrugged that he didn't mind and it would give us a chance to discuss our plans for tomorrow.

"Unless you don't want to get a milkshake with me after all...?"

"I'm really looking forward to it!" I nodded, touching his forearm.

My eyes slowly turned to the side when I thought i heard what sounded like a growl, and frowned when Auric was still looking over here. His arms were crossed over his chest, his eyes narrowed.

What was his problem?

I turned back to Maddox who narrowed his eyes in the same direction i had been looking in.

"Maddox?"

He turned his gaze to me and i asked if he was alright. He nodded that he was, and offered his hand to me. He wanted to hold my hand? I bit my lip, glancing up at him as he grinned, "Oh come on... I don't bite!"

Swallowing, I raised my hand and placed it in his. It was a nice feeling to have someone's hand around mine. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have since i barely met him today, but there was something about Maddox that drew me to him. And i was kind of curious to explore it.

Maddox led me down the walkway that was passing by the Six, and i looked over at them for a second to see them watching me. I frowned, turning away when Maddox squeezed my hand. He smiled that he needed to know which way was my house and i laughed, tucking my hair behind my ear then pointed to the right.

"it's this way." I answered, having him lead me again while I peeked over my shoulder at the Six still watching me with careful gazes.

What was wrong with them? Why were they staring at us like that?

"They old friends of yours?" Maddox asked as we were making our way down Towner street.

I knew who he was talking about, and shrugged a shoulder that some of them were, but that I didn't talk to them anymore. Wrinkling my nose, I admitted that the Six and i ended our acquaintance badly before I left for my month long absence. I didn't get into detail about why i was gone so long.

"so... Here we are," I announced, gesturing to my house.

Maddox raised his brows as he stared at it. "It suits you," he said turning to me. I craned my head back, laughing, "What?"

He nodded, smiling that it was simple yet pretty, just like me.

"Wow... You really know how to talk to a girl, don't you?" I smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear.

Maddox leaned closer, his pretty eyes looking into mine while I swallowed the lump in my throat at the close proximity. His nose practically touched mine as he nodded, "Is it working?"

I giggled, pressing a hand on his chest to use as an anchor to distance myself. My lips pulled into my mouth as I told Maddox that I'd see him tomorrow. His crooked grin appeared on his lips once more, sighing that it was too long of a wait. My eyes widened, blinking repeatedly.

He stepped closer again, reaching up to push my hair behind my ear and kept his fingers there; grazing them down the side of my jaw.

"Would it scare you to admit that I've never felt so strongly for someone so quickly before?"

That had my heart speeding up, my feet dragging closer to him until i was pressed against his chest. My eyes lifted up to his, swallowing when I glanced at his grinning lips then back up to his blue-purple gaze.

"You really do know the right things to say to a girl, Maddox," i whispered.

Maddox chuckled lightly, lowering his head closer to mine; his nose brushing against mine until our lips were centimeters apart. My hands gripped lightly to his biceps for grip as i pushed onto the balls of my feet in efforts to close the distance between us. The kiss was nice, simple.

And i pulled back a little to breathe out, "I've never done this before... Kiss someone the day I met them, i mean."

He shook his dark haired head, brushing his thumb against my bottom lip while saying that he was honored to be the first. Then he lowered his head to kiss me again, except that didn't happen.

No.

Because a muffled, but loud bark from inside my house made us both jump. I turned my head, frowning with wide eyes when seeing a large, black animal staring out the living room window at us.

"That your dog?" Maddox asked, his hands still on my hips so our bodies were kept at a close distance.

I blinked a few times, still staring at the golden hued eyes watching me and slowly shook my head before looking up at Maddox.

"Umm... I'm... I'm dog sitting. For a neighbor," I lied.

"Oh."

"Yeah..."

My eyes traveled back to the window, the eyes narrowing slightly and I stumbled with my words when I repeated to the boy in front of me that I would look forward to seeing him for our date. Maddox grinned, nodding that he too couldn't wait, bending down to peck my lips which made the animal inside my house half snarl, half bark.

"He doesn't seem to like me," Maddox said wide eyed.

I narrowed my eyes, my lip curling as I glared at the window. "He doesn't like anybody."

"Except for you."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head that that was a stretch.

Maddox laughed, stepping away from me and walked backwards that he'd see me tomorrow morning. I smiled, waving shyly with my head tilted until he turned around and began disappearing down the street.

Then my hand dropped to my side, my smile fading and I narrowed my eyes; snapping my attention to the window where the large, black wolf's eyes narrowed in on me before disappearing from sight.

Shaking my head, I stomped up the driveway and up the porch steps to grab the key under the mat. I roughly opened the front door, replacing the key where i got it and slammed my door behind me shut. My feet stomped into the living room where i found the wolf sitting back on its haunches in the middle of the room.

Its ears were perked up, one of them twitching to the side before straightening with its partner.

Crossing my arms in front of me and leaning my weight on one foot, I snapped, "What are you doing here, Auric?"   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 323 20
Karina Lopez Losing her family was the hardest thing to ever happen to 12 year old Karina Lopez. One minute she's a happy, smiling pup, basking in...
190K 12.7K 35
Thea would say she "Isn't like other girls," if the phrase wasn't so disgustingly trendy. With a personality more salty than the Dead Sea itself, the...
126K 5.2K 24
The song changed and so did the movement of my hips, My hands kept traveling around my body wherever they wanted to go and someone walked up behind m...
981K 42.4K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...