Lost (Paul Lahote story)

By gemininat

After Lillian Black phases and fight what she has to do, she runs away. When she moves back to La Push after... More

Liliana Black
La Push
First day of school
let's Talk
Not now
No Paul!
What's an Imprint?
Bonfire
Stop fighting it!
Graduation
Union
Pain
Happy late birthday!
Come home soon.
Banned
Bellas wedding.
No way you're dead
We're not a pack
Fight.
Breaking the Imprint
Treaty
Inevitable
Shielding
The Blacks
Budapest
Christmas
It's not goodbye
2 years Later
Two peas in a pod?
And the truth comes out
Fashion Week
Imperceptible
Catastrophe
Swift
What could go wrong?
Prep
Stuck in love

Throng

2.8K 81 5
By gemininat

Everything was going as planned. Nina had left to the beach with Sophie, and I was at uncles Billy's house setting up the wood for bonfire and working on the food. It wasn't even an hour later that Emily came into the house with Isaac asleep, so she put him in Tangos Room.

"Where's Sophia?" Emily asked once she was through bringing the drinks and desert from the car.

"Nina, took her to the beach. Hunter was going to meet them there after patrol."

"Oh. Well that's nice. I noticed last night that he's actually trying his best."

"Yeah. He's really protective of her."

"Not just her, he's protective of the Cullen's."

"Why wouldn't he?"

"Lily, their still our enemies." She pointed out a bit annoyed and disgusted.

"No they're not. They're family, well to me. But the pack needs to finally understand that their not going to violate the treaty, they're not the enemy. The enemies are the ones that actually try to hurt the one we care for. So tell me Emily, when have they ever tried to hurt us?"

"They haven't. It's just, we were raised this way, to hate them. You used to hate them."

"Exactly, used to. Pass tense." I snapped which made her retreat and made me feel bad, so I turned around continuing with the cooking.

It was then that Sam came in with Uncle Billy, Old Quil and Sue following behind. They knew there was a bit of tension in the room which lead Sam to asking Emily to leave us. The silence and awkwardness stayed until uncle Billy spoke up.

"As you know, Sam can no longer phase, he hasn't for two years which is why he is now a father. But, it also means he's no longer Alpha. Normally, we'd pick a new Alpha, but you're still an Alpha, so you run both packs now."

"Lillian, your the rightful Alpha here. You lead the pack. This is a good thing." Sue cam to comfort me.

"No, I can't do that. You already know I didn't want it in the first place, I just accepted it so that I could leave Sam's pack and then I formed a pack because they joined me willingly, not even caring if I said no."

"Lillian, don't." Sam spoke softly. "Nothing can be done. They all know it. They've sensed it."

"He's right. They all know it. Sam and i spoke with the Cullen's as well." Uncle Billy spoke up again. "Everyone has seen the change in you."

"Lillian, what Billy is saying that you've grown vivid. That's you becoming a more powerful Alpha. You think I don't know, but I do. We all heard the way you spoke to Emily just now. The Cullen's have seen that you changed a lot more to. Things that mattered to you matter more, things that didn't, do now. You said from day one you wouldn't use you gifts. Then suddenly the Cullen's mention you've been using them. You did whatever you could with those gifts to help Hunter. Why?.. And don't say because he's your brother. Because we all know you wouldn't have if Sam was still Alpha."

"And don't forget how you took a child away from her mother."

"I didn't-"

"Lillian." Sam cut me off. "We know and understand why you did it. You just have to see what you've done. It's all goes back to you being Alpha. If you didn't have this new strength and mentality, I don't think you would bare the thought of taking a child from her mother."

"I did what I did for the tribe. She's part of this tribe, and has to live on the reservation. She's not safe out there."

"I know." He smiled.

He was right, I just didn't want to admit it. It's why the other day when I came to see Uncle Billy, I became angry and didn't run off. It was because I was now a stronger Alpha, and I was no longer afraid. It why I no longer run from my problems.

"Then who's been running the pack these past two years?" I finally asked.

"Jared since Jake isn't here and you didn't have a third command."

"...Okay, I'm Alpha. What else needs to be discussed?"

"You need pick a final second and third command." Old Quil spoke up.

"Lily." I turned to face Sue. "Think it over. We're giving you until after the legends are told."

"Also you need to watch Hunter, he's new but, he's still from Ephriam's bloodline, he's destined to lead 3rd command, that's why he blew up on Emily last night."

"Great." I muttered. This just got 100 times harder. Not only was I still dealing with my life but now i had to deal with everyone else.

By the time It was dark out, everyone was already sitting down around the fire listening to the legends. But I was distracted. Nobody had realized it but Paul. So he reached over and wrapped his arms around me as I leaned against him. I truly felt safe and loved and all I knew was that I loved this kid and had him.

I had Hunter next to me with Pipsqueak asleep on his lap. I was glad Hunter was between Billy and I. That way the council didn't notice I was distracted. All I could think was who was I supposed to choose? I could go with Tango since Jake wasn't here and he was the next one to phase from our bloodline. Or Seth since he was already leading.

Obviously not Paul, I love him but him being in command with me? Probably not a good idea. Then there's Nina and Leah. They both show they can, but then there's that part where it doesn't feel right.

It wasn't until I Paul shook me, that I realized uncle Billy had already finished sharing the legends and that everyone was starring at me. It was time for me to announce. How was I supposed to do this without them thinking I'm favoriting?

"As you know, my second in command was Jacob, I had chose him because he was the next one in the Black bloodline, but he won't be returning, for obvious reasons."

I looked around, I read right away that nobody was hoping to be in command. I knew that they just wanted an honest answer from me.

"The person I'm choosing has always came forward with their opinion, even if sometimes it was wrong, but I'm proud of this person and so my second in command will remain with Jared."

"I won't let you down." He respond, showing that he accepted the position as smiled down at Kim.

I was just about to sit down when Uncle Billy gave me the look. Which just caused me to sigh away and think. I looked around. Who could I pick? I knew I needed a young one still in School, someone who can lead the rest of them or be there in case there are ever new members.

"3rd in command will be someone who has also shown leadership from the very start. He's even proved it to the council, even if he doesn't know it himself, Hunter."

Most of the pack turned to look at him flabbergasted by my choice. I wasn't going to change my mind. Or care that they weren't really happy with my choice. If I had to put them in their place, then I would have to.

"Why me?" He asked getting up surprised with pipsqueak no longer in his arms. That's when I turned to look at Uncle Billy and Sam who gave me a nod.

"Hunter, don't doubt yourself. Last night, you went off on Emily, stating your opinion, and then you admitted it to me. You told me what you did. You knew I could have found out eventually, but you came to me honestly and openly."

"Are you sure?" Was all he asked. I tried to hold in my laugh.

"Yes. And before we forget, we need to make it official. Jared, would you like to do the honors?" He didn't need to respond, he left with Hunter and came back almost an hour later, and there it was on his right arm. The tribe tattoo.

"Welcome to the pack, Daddy."

"Daddy? Seriously? That's the nickname I get?" Hunter frowned a bit.

"Don't pout, it could be worse."

"What could be worse than being called Daddy."

"Uhh, embryo."

"Is that so? And what about duchess?" Embry walked up behind me with his hands in my shoulder.

"Duchess? Who's nickname is that?"

"It's yours, but it doesn't apply any more." Leah  explained, which I guess it did make sense in a way. "Anyway, how's Jeremiah holding up?"

"Not good. He's upset and angry from the resentment, but I don't see any signs of him phasing. But I did want to ask, when Nina and Tyler phased, how long apart was it?"

"Not long. Maybe, I wants to say 13 hours apart."

"Hmm. I'm just curious to why he hasn't. I honestly expected it much much sooner."
I really did. And I knew everyone felt the same. I just had no idea what was going in. Was he even going to phase? Would I have to keep him in the dark for the rest of his life?"

"Babe, are you ready?" Paul walked over to me from behind wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Definitely. Just give me a few minutes to speak with Jared and Hunter and Pipsqueak's asleep, so do you think you can take her? Please?"

Paul didn't have to answer me to know his answer, his smirk gave it away, so before taking Sophia from Hunter he gave me a quick kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 2.6K 27
WARNING!!! I was like 12/13 when I wrote this. It was my very first story ever so it's filled with mistakes and cringe but I can't bring myself to de...
38.9K 1.3K 69
STORY COMPLETE Two best friends, about to enter into the dating scene separately. Except the boy is a werewolf and the girl a vampire / human hybrid...
326K 7.9K 52
Jess been suffering in silent waiting until she's 18 to leave her pack, without a mate, Living with her abusive families it was up to her to protect...
74.4K 1.4K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...