Happy late birthday!

"Tango!"

I had just gotten home from a 5 mile run.He came out of the restroom and into my room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Sorry. I didn't realize you were busy. Anyway, I need your help. Let's go cliff diving?"

"Really?"

"Yeah." I answered him seriously. I spent nearly two weeks with the Cullen's, patrolling or locked in my room ignoring almost everyone. So it was a surprise.

As soon as he left the house, i grabbed my back pack and walked to the cliff where I took my shoes off and sat there on the edge with my legs hanging off. I texted Quil and Embry to come. Because I knew they were going to invite the rest of the pack and it was time I fixed all of this.

As soon as I heard them behind me. I felt their gaze on me. I quickly got up and turned around to face them. Before I let myself free fall backwards, I smirked at them. I stayed under water for a few seconds longer, but then eventually went up for air. I kept telling myself to stay calm, it's the right thing to do. I really did need them in my life because honestly, it was getting lonely.

I was already swimming to shore when I heard someone else jump. By the time I saw who it was, I was already sitting down in the sand starting up at the cliff. Paul sat right next to me not saying anything. In that moment, I felt a relief come off my shoulders and my chest. I felt completely good for once. Which was a sign about the the imprint. It didn't matter how long I tried to reject him, I would come back to him.

"I'm sorry." I said breaking the silence after I had stood up to put my feet in the water.

"You shouldn't be...I probably would have reacted the same way."

"No. Not about the Alpha situation. The pain I put you through. I didn't realize it until the incident in the cafeteria happened. Sam and uncle Billy made me realize it...All the anger I had, it kept me from not realizing what you were going through. As soon as I snapped, it came rushing in making me lose my mind. And after I calmed down, I realized one thing."

"What did you realize?" He was now standing up behind me. I then turned around to face him with tears in my eyes.

"That I'm a terrible person for pushing everyone away. Especially for pushing you away... I can't be away from you and It's killing me." Right then and there we were hugging each other.

"AWW!"

"Shut up Collin!" I was actually so angry I wanted to hit him, but I need to start controlling my anger. I then walked up to Jared and hugged him. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Your lucky we were in public. I can't be seen hitting a girl. But, if we were phased, I would have totally beaten you."

"Sure." I said sarcastically.

"Hey, let's go eat at Sue's. Seth is working today." Embry shouted running to the truck. The rest of the guys didn't answer but started running to Paul's truck. I asked Leah to ride with me. On the ride there, I apologized for what i did.

"Don't be sorry. I'm not mad, it's just that you imprinted. I would be happy and be with him if I did. I wouldn't even care Who it was." And it hit me. It's because of Sam and Emily.

When we walked in laughing everyone was staring as I shoved her. I slid into the the booth where they were seated at. While we all looked at the menus Embry started shouting Seth's name.

"Where did Jared go?" I didn't even let him answer "Kim?" After Seth took out order, Embry ordered 2 more plates. "Dude! Aunt Sue already triples our food!"

"I asked him to order for us." Jared said placing a big box in front of me.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted as Kim put all the gifts under the table.

"My birthday was a week ago." I didn't realize that I had a face that showed I was annoyed until Jake started nudging me to smile.

"But you were being a total jerk. And when we sent Tango to go get you. He came back alone." Leah said putting an arm around his shoulder.

"Sorry." I answered thinking about when that happened. Which my answer was with the Cullen's.

"Don't worry. We still ate the cake." Jake laughing.

I now felt so bad. Was I really that big of A jerk? Seth then came with our food. It wasn't long before the guy's finished eating and made me cut the cake.
Relax. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Tired of us already?" I opened my eyes and looked at Embry.

"No, I just- it's a long story." I answered him trying not to think to hard about my mother.

"Come, it's time for presents....sorry." Emily spoke up when she saw the face I had. walked out first.

"Okay okay! Lily open presents." Emily and Sam showed up while we were in the restroom.

"Why didn't you tell them?"I said looking at Tango to Jake to Quil and Embry.

"Tell us what?"

"That I don't like celebrating my birthday." I answered when the gifts were handed to me.

"Because Lillian. We don't actually care what you think." Jake replied giving me a wrapped gift. I took it and rolled my eyes.

Jake gave me a homemade bracelet that read "the strength of the wolf is the pack" and it also had a wolf key chain. I couldn't help but smile. He knew how much I didn't want this for myself, but I eventually accepted it. I would be nothing without them. It reminded me a lot of the "tattoo" we each have. A the pack members is what makes us strong.

Embry and Quil bought me a bag full of packages of Reece's pieces. Honestly,There was about 100 of them. "AWW! You guys! You remembered?" I threw them each a bag of candy.

"Remember what? It's just candy."

"Back then, we had this tradition where everyday after school since elementary. We would each take turns buying this candy. We would share it while we walked home. This was up until the day I first phased and left."

I couldn't stop smiling. I looked down at my 4 bracelets. I made them the day we each met, one to represent each of us. The next present was from Tango, who bought me a cute orange coffee mug of a fox.

"Yeah everyone should knows that when you eat phased you go for the foxes... So yeah."

"I thought you don't eat phased?"

"Oh I do... When I have to, but like he said I only go for the foxes. Don't ask why."

Kim and Jared bought me a packback because apparently the one I owned is a bit manly. Brady, Collin, Leah and Seth each have me a birthday card.

Sam and Emily gave me a box with chino shorts and v-neck shirts. Then came Paul. He handed me a bag nervously which really surprised me. He's always been known as the one with a "macho" reputation. I laughed to myself when I pulled out a small jewelry box from a big bag.

When I opened it, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the Miss Slefridge Mystic shell ring I wanted since middle school. I have no idea how he bought it. This ring was so expensive that I was going to buy it for myself.

"How did you- " Alice. It had to be her. Nobody but my mom knew how much this ring meant to me. "You didn't- thank you." I smiled at him. I didn't want to ruin the happiness. For once I was actually happy for myself.

"Are you crying?"

"What! No! My eyes are just sweating." I said wiping the tears away.