Panthera Onca ➳ Derek Hale [U...

By -uzxmaki

❝...I don't know why I'm even still here, can't shake it off, I've been here for years on top of years And I... More

00. Author's Note
00. Playlist
00. Prologue
01. Wolf Moon
02. Second Chance At First Line
03. Pack Mentality
04. Magic Bullet
05. The Tell
06. Heart Monitor
07. Night School
08. Lunatic
09. Wolf's Bane
10. Co-Captain
11. Formality
12. Code Breaker
01. Omega
02. Shape Shifted
03. Ice Pick
04. Abomination
05. Venomous
06. Frenemy
07. Restraint
08. Raving
09. Party Guessed
10. Fury
11. Battlefield
12. Masterplan
01. Tattoo
03. FireFlies
04. Unleashed
05. Frayed
06. Motel California
07. Currents
08. Visionary
09. The Girl Who Knew Too Much
10. The Overlooked
11. Alpha Pact
12. Lunar Ellipse
13. Anchors
14. More Bad Than Good
15. Galvanize
16. Illuminated
17. Silverfinger
18. Riddled
19. Letharia Vulpina
20. Echo House
21. The Fox And The Wolf
22. De-Void
23. Insatiable
24. The Divine Move
01. The Dark Moon
02. 117
03. Muted
04. The Benefactor
05. I.E.D
06. Orphaned
07. Weaponized
08. Time Of Death
09. Perishable
10. Monstrous
11. A Promise To The Dead
12. Smoke and Mirrors

02. Chaos Rising

3.7K 73 1
By -uzxmaki

Jade's P.O.V

   "So, Scott is not here?" Derek asked as he sneaked in to Scott's room. Of course, he's still doing that. I'm getting a little tired of the sneaking but what am I going to tell Scott? I mean, he saw us being friendlier towards each other, but this is a whole other thing. This is sparking up our relationship again. I'm not ready to deal with it yet.

   "Nope. He's at a birthday party."

   "And his mom?"

   "Night shift." A smile appeared on his lips.

   "Great." He pinned me to the wall and moved his face closer to mine, our lips almost brushing. Fuck, he's eager. "I really missed you."

   "You saw me this morning when you sneaked in." I reminded him, and his smile grew wider. "Derek, we need to think of a way to tell Scott about u-" He cut me off by connecting our lips together. That's rude of him. I'm still talking to him, he can't shut me up lke that.

   "You talk a lot, you know?" He complained between kisses.

   "Are you serious?" He chuckled, and I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, I felt the urge to make a banshee scream. It ached through my body to scream. I stopped our kiss and looked into Derek's eyes.

   "What happened?" And then the scream burst out of me. Derek moved away from me and covered his ears. Hearing this probably ached him a lot. And letting this out... Man, it felt so good... "This is bad, isn't it?" He asked when I was done. I panted, nodding at him. This didn't feel right.

   We were at Derek's loft. He called me here since Isaac got better and he thought that it's time he'd help him remember what he saw on the missions Derek sent him to. And I still don't know where he sent him to...

   "You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous." Isaac began, seeming nervous. "You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." He was worried, probably because of Peter. Well, we don't trust Peter to be at our aid.

   "You'll be fine." Derek replied, not helping Isaac calm down.

   "Does it have to be him?"

   "He knows how to do it. I don't. Can be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

   "You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd... Well, I'd trust Scott."

   "Do you trust Jade and me?" I won't let Peter hurt Isaac. I won't let Peter hurt anyone. He doesn't have power on us.

   "Yeah." Isaac assured us. "I still don't like him."

   "Nobody likes him." Derek and I responded together. Then the loft's door opened.

   "Boys." Peter called, and since he ignored my exsistence, I glared at him. "And Jade... FYI, yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face." Peter commented. Does he think we're not comfortable telling him to we don't like him?

   "We don't like you." Derek and I told him. "Now shut up and help us." Derek ordered him. It made me smile. He seemed so kissable at that moment. Oh, shut it, Jade. This is so not important right now.

   "Fair enough." Peter got his claws out, and Isaac jumped. If Peter hurts Isaac... "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

   "How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked.

   "It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas. Since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice, one slip and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."

   "You-you've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac began feeling even more scared. I could hear how fast his heart was beating.

   "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." I got my claws out, but Derek stopped me. I was so furious at Peter that I wanted to threaten him a little, but then Derek...

   "Calm down, you know he's all talk." Derek whispered to me. I looked at him and gave him a small nod, replacing my claws. I let my body cool off as my anger made me reach a boiling point.

   "Wait, does that mean that you-" Peter dug his claws inside Isaac's neck. His eyes flashed blue. We were waiting to get a response from him, which took a few of minutes. We were too damn focused to even speak. We tried to read his face expressions and the sounds he made.

   "Wait, I see them." Peter suddenly called. He seemed a little scared and after a few short moments he removed his claws from Isaac's neck.

   "What'd you see?" Derek asked him, I could sense how worried he was.

   "It was confusing. Umm, im-images. Vague shapes."

   "But you saw something."

   "Isaac found them."

   "Erica and Boyd?" What? Where did Derek send Isaac? Oh, just as my body cooled off, he gets me boiling hot from anger again.

   "I barely saw them. I mean, glimpses."

   "But you did see them."

   "And worse."

   "Deucalion." Derek answered. He sent Isaac to Deucalion?? I can't believe him! Deucalion would've killed him without blinking...

   "He was talking to them... Something about time running out." Peter added.

   "What does it mean?" Isaac asked.

   "He's gonna kill them." Derek informed. I'm still shocked Derek had put Isaac into so much risk.

   "No, no, no, no, no, he didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd all be dead."

   "The next full moon?"

   "Tomorrow night."

   Scott called Derek and I to come to his school. Lydia and Allison have identical bruises and he wants us to see if it's some kind of a sign or symbol related to Erica and Boyd. I still didn't get to talk to him about this, but I already understood he sent Isaac to where Deucalion is, and he's holding there Erica and Boyd.

   "I don't see anything." Derek told him as we looked at Lydia's and Allison's bruises.

   "Look again." Scott requested.

   "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

   "It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same."

   "It's nothing."

   "Jade?" Scott asked me. He seemed as if I'm his last hope.

   "It's familiar... But I can't remember from where." I replied.

   "Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia commented.

   "They're trying to help." Scott told Derek who wasn't approving of them. He dislikes Lydia and Allison.

   "These two." Derek pointed at Allison and Lydia. You could hear the anger in his tone. Here he starts again... "This one," He pointed at Lydia. "Who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle, thank you. And this one," He pointed at Allison, which gave him a fake smile and rolled her eyes a little. Ugh, she can't be serious... "Who shot about 30 arrows into me, Jade and my pack, thinking she has the power to decided who should live and who shouldn't-"

   "Okay!" I interrupted him. I don't want him to get furious since we have other things to do and this can kill his nice behavior.

   "Okay, alright, now, come on. No one died, alright? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." Stiles tried to calm Derek down while defending the girls. Derek wasn't feeling it.

   "My mother died." Allison mumbled.

   "Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek defended himself. I couldn't agree more.

   "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." Allison commented. She's so mature.

   "You wanna help? Find something real." Derek was about to leave but Scott stopped him.

   "Derek... Give her a chance, okay? They're on our side now." Scott tried to soften Derek.

   "Well then, maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night." Derek adviced, and we left the class.

   "You're more mature than that." I spoke.

   "I don't think I acted wrongly. Do I need to remind you that her mother almost killed you?"

   "I remember that very well, but I still don't think you should've acted that way. You changed for the better, I don't want you to take steps back." He sighed. He knows I'm right, but I could sense how triggering it was to be around them again. He has too much anger built inside him.

   "These two are little devils."

   "They're not devils. They made wrong choices, aren't you familiar with that?"

   "Hey." Derek wasn't on his friendly side. He was very hostile and it's not good. Especially since I'm mad at how much danger he had put Isaac on. Deucalion is ruthless and letting Isaac come close to him... I wouldn't recommend. "I'm not up for hearing your snappy remarks right now."

   "Fine."

   Scott called Derek and I to come to the animal clinic. Deaton claimed he has a way to help Isaac remember since we cannot trust Peter and he didn't get all the information we needed. I can't believe I'm supporting this... There was a bath full of freezing water that we added ice to.

   "Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... Comfortable." Deaton explained to Isaac. "But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state."

   "Like being hypnotized." Isaac replied.

   "Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

   "How slow does his heart rate need to be?" Scott asked.

   "Very slow." Deaton answered his question. And it's very dangerous.

   "Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek asked. He was worried about Isaac, yet he was willing to send him to a place where his life was at risk. Huh.

   "Nearly dead." Deaton replied. Isaac didn't seem to love hearing that answer. Well, of course he'd react like that. Derek's risking his life. Isaac got his hand inside the bath, then quickly took his hand out because it was too cold.

   "It's safe, though, right?" Isaac asked.

   "Do you want me to answer honestly?"

   "No. No, not really." Stiles put a rubber glove on his hand and it made noise so we all looked at him. Oh, God... We put our faith and hope in these children.

   "What?" Stiles asked. We all got back to the conversation.

   "Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this." Derek told Isaac. Is he serious telling him this now? He should've done that before he sent Isaac to the alphas. Isaac took his shirt off, and got inside, showing Derek that he's ready to do this, even though he's scared. He breathed heavily since he was freezing. We put our hands on his shoulders, and we pushed him inside. Isaac tried to get out and resist us. His eyes changed to yellow and he roared. Shit, he's fighting hard.

   "Get him back under." Deaton ordered. We used all our force to push him back, but he tried to get out again. "Hold him." I shifted uncontrollably. But at least I could use more power.

   "We're trying!" Derek snapped. We all went maximun affort to push him back and force him inside the water and eventually, it worked. We let him go since he wasn't resisting us anymore. He float up.

   "Now, remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out." We all nodded. "Isaac? Can you hear me?"

   "Yes. I can hear you." Isaac responded.

   "This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?"

   "Yes."

   "I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again." I listened to Isaac's heartbeat. It was going faster just by hearing that he needed to remember that.

   "I-I don't wanna do that. I don't... I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that." Isaac started to freak out a bit.

   "Isaac, it's alright. Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory."

   "I don't wanna do that."

   "It's all right."

   "I don't wanna do that."

   "Relax. Relax." Isaac's heartbeat went back to normal. "Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?"

   "It's not... It's not a house. It's stone. I think marble."

   "That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?"

   "It's dusty, so empty. Like an abandoned building?" He began breathing heavily, his pulse was growing faster and faster. Oh, no. I can't believe Derek had let him suffer like that. He's so afraid to remember.

   "Isaac? Isaac?" He started to freak out.

   "Someone's here. Someone's here."

   "Isaac, relax."

   "No, no, no, they see me, they see me!" We all held him to make sure nothing happens.

   "Just memories. You won't be hurt by your memories. Just relax. Relax." We got our hands off when we noticed that he calmed down. This is probably so scary for him... "Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

   "I hear him." Isaac opened his eyes. "He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises."

   "Is he talking to Erica?" They're talking about Boyd.

   "I think so, I can't- I can't see her, I ca- I can't- I can't see either of them." Isaac stuttered.

   "Can you hear anything else?"

   "They're worried. They're worried what they'll do during the moon. They're- worried that they're gonna hurt each other."

   "If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart." Derek quietly informed.

   "Isaac, we need to find them right now. Can you see them?" Deaton asked Isaac.

   "No." He's resisting again.

   "Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of a marker? A number on a door? A sign?" Isaac got up.

   "They're here. They- they-"

   "It's alright."

   "No."

   "Just tell us-"

   "They see me. They found me. They're here!" Isaac started to freak out badly. Shit, this isn't good.

   "This isn't working. Isaac-"

   "Don't you dare." I warned Derek.

   "Where are you?" He asked, ignoring my warning. I'm tired of his my way or the high way.

   "I can't see them. It's too dark!" Isaac yelled. He freaked out more and more.

   "Just tell me where you are." Derek kept ignoring me. He forced Isaac to remember something he didn't want to. I get that he wants to save his betas but he shouldn't make Isaac go through this again.

   "You are confusing him." Deaton told Derek.

   "I can't see!" Isaac yelled.

   "Isaac, where are you? Just tell me where you are." Derek continued, ignoring everyone.

   "His heart rate, he could go into shock." Deaton informed.

   "Derek, let him go!" Scott and I yelled at Derek.

   "Isaac, where are you? What did you see??" Derek yelled at him. We took Isaac out of the bath. I can't let Derek do whatever he wants to. He's acting like an idiot.

   "A vault! It's a bank vault! I saw it! I saw the name. It's, uh, B-Beacon Hills first national bank. It's, um, it's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside, inside the vault." Isaac could've died because of Derek... We all looked at Isaac. "What?"

   "You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles asked.

   "No."

   "You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it."

   "What body?"

   "Erica. You said it was Erica."

   "She's not dead." Derek mumbled.

   "Derek, he said, there's a dead body. It's Erica. doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." Stiles commented.

   "Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

   "Someone else, obviously."

   "And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. Okay, the one who saved you?" Scott suggested.

   "No, they weren't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was." Isaac muttered.

   "Wait, they?" I asked.

   "There was Boyd, a girl, and a boy." Isaac answered.

   "What if that's how Erica died? They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunderdome." Stiles asked.

   "Then we get them out tonight." Derek stated. He can't do that.

   "Be smart about this, Derek. You can't just go storming in." Deaton advised him.

   "If Isaac got in, then so can we."

   "But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?"

   "We need a plan." Scott told Derek.

   "How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"

   "Uh, I think someone already did." Stiles informed. He looked in an article on his phone. Beacon Hills first national closes its doors three months after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

   "How long?" Derek questioned.

   "It's the Internet, Derek." Derek glared at him. "Okay? Minutes."

   "Jade, talk to me." I ignored him. Derek thinks that he can do whatever he wants without facing the consequences. Does he think what he did to Isaac is okay? "Why are you so mad at me?"

   "Are you kidding me? Letting Isaac almost face those ruthless alphas? Deucalion? This isn't right." He sighed. "What's there to sigh for?"

   "You don't understand-"

   "Yes, I do. Isaac's been through enough in his life, and you're acting like an abusive-"

   "Don't say that." He warned me. He can be hurt, but enough is enough.

   "You're his alpha, Derek. I'm not supposed to tell you how important it is that you protect him. But instead... He almost got killed, again!" First being sent on that mission... The other is the freaking fiasco he played on him right now. "What's going on with you? If you cared enough for your pack, Erica and Boyd wouldn't have gotten into that situation."

   "That's enough." I shook my head as I rolled my eyes.

   "Forget it." 

   We met at Derek's loft. I joined them because Scott begged me to. I really didn't want to help Derek. I'm tired of these fights and I can't believe I let myself get through this again.

   "Okay. You see this?" Stiles got out a map of the bank. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here. Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

   "Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

   "Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit-"

   "look, forget the drill." Derek interrupted Stiles' sentence.

   "Sorry?" Stiles was confused.

   "If I go in first, how much space do I have?" Derek asked.

   "What do you- what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

   "Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

   "Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big, bad wolf. Yeah, look at that." Stiles commented. Derek showed his fist. "Okay, see this? That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-" He punched Stiles' hand. "He could do it."

   "I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?" Derek asked.

   "Don't look at me. I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself." Peter told him. As if we'd want help from him.

   "So I'm supposed to just let them die?"

   "One of them is already dead."

   "We don't know that."

   "Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas. All of them, killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed."

   "Could someone kill him again, please?" Stiles requested.

   "I'd be glad to." I informed. I was about to shift, but Derek stopped me. How dare he try to stop me?

   "Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk." Peter tried to get Derek off the idea of saving his pack. Peter's full of shit.

   "Jade?" Derek asked me.

   "I don't know. You almost killed Isaac for this. Think about it." I responded. 

   "What about you?" Derek asked Scott.

   "Yeah, if you want me to come-" Stiles was cut off by Derek.

   "Not you."

   "Got it."

   "I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try." Scott answered Derek.

   "But?" Derek wanted him to continue.

   "Who's the other girl and boy? The ones locked in there with Boyd?"

   We arrived at the bank. Scott still wasn't sure. To be honest, I felt the same. We're risking our lives. Deucalion could be waiting for us there, setting a trap.

   "What?" Derek asked.

   "There's just something I can't get out of my head." Scott murmured.

   "The moon's rising, Scott. What is it?"

   "Risk and reward."

   "Which means what?"

   "We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough."

   "We know time's running out."

   "Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?"

   "We don't have the time to figure out every little detail."

   "Okay, but what if this detail, the reason why they waited. What if it's the most important one?"

   "Then we do nothing. and Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking. My life for theirs." Derek got on the fire escape staircase. "And I won't blame you if you don't follow me." Derek got up. I followed Derek, and Scott followed me.

   "Just so you'll know, I'm doing it because of Jade." Scott informed him.

   "Good for you." Derek replied. Derek and I punched the wall until we got to the vault. We saw Boyd out. What is he doing out?

   "Boyd? Boyd? It's me. It's Derek." Boyd looked angry. He was controlled by the moon. Shit, that's not good. Scott's phone started to ring.

   "Stiles, now is not the best time." Scott was talking to Stiles. "What does that mean?"

   "We're here to get you out, okay?" Derek told Boyd. Boyd growled at us.

   "Don't even try. He's thinking about murdering you." I told Derek.

   "Derek, we got a problem, a really big problem." Scott told Derek then we saw the girl they were talking about.

   "Cora?" Derek called. My heart skipped a beat. She's alive? Then the boy came out.

   "Max?" I was confused. Max is also alive? What is this? There's no way this is real. Deucalion is trying to mess around with us. My brother died in the fire. He can't be in front of me.

   "Who?" Scott asked.

   "Cora?" Derek asked again.

   "Derek, get out. Get out now!" Cora warned us. Then some girl got inside and closed a mountain ash circle she made. We were stuck with them. Shit.

   "No. No! Wait!" Scott yelled at her. Boyd, Max, and Cora started to growl at us. They started to attack us. "You two know them?"

   "She's my sister, my younger sister." Derek told Scott.

   "And he's my little brother." I added.

   "What the hell are they doing here?"

   "Like we have a clue. We thought they were dead!" Derek and I talked together.

   "Look out!" It was Allison. Boyd attacked Scott, Cora attacked Derek and Max attacked me. Allison was about to break the seal.

   "No! Don't break the seal!" Derek yelled.

   "Boyd!" She called him and broke the seal. Of course she'd do that. Doesn't she understand that letting them go is an idiotic idea?? Cora, Boyd and Max got out. Them being out is dangerous. We need to chase them. Derek went towards Allison, grabbing her hand. He was furious.

   "Don't touch her!" Scott warned Derek.

   "What were you thinking??" Derek shouted since got angry on Allison.

   "That I had to do something." Allison raised her voice.

   "She saved our lives." Scott stated.

   "Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna do out there? Do you have any idea what we just set free?" Derek yelled again.

   "You want to blame me? Well, I am not the one turning teenagers into killers." Allison yelled too.

   "No. No, that's just the rest of your family."

   "I made mistakes. Gerard is not my fault."

   "Gerard is your family. I don't think you understand what it's like being a child that's afraid of being haunted by people like your family." I responded.

   "And what about your mother?" Derek added.

   "What do you mean?" Allison asked.

   "Tell her, Scott."

   "What does he mean, Scott? What does he mean?" I heard a Banshee scream. Lydia. I began walking away, but Derek grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him.

   "Where are you going?" Derek yelled.

   "I must go." I got out of his grip and ran out but, of course, with my luck, someone stopped me the moment I reached another room. I turned around to look at who it was, my body still on the floor. Deucalion. I growled at him.

   "It's not nice to growl at family, Jade." He replied. I thought I could avoid him, but of course, I can't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 30.4K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
409K 14.4K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.7M 14K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
170K 5.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...