Unexpected Experiences

Af samara1carter

When ever I'm writing these stories I'm always putting my feet into the girls shoes. I'm testing my heart jus... Mere

the noise I thought was a mouse but was dolls?
new job = new people
The making of a mini house
The Big City
Painting of the rooms
The day of a College student
Getting the swim suits ready
Birthday on the Houseboat
Sorrow filled memories
The end of a depressing night
A boy's view + its a long chapter
Family competitions are everywhere
Family competitions are everywhere part 2
The closure for a weary soul
Meeting the past
first days of school are still hard
another long chapter hopefully :P
the little skirmish
finally the end of the longest flash back
the ending of a beautiful part one
PART TWO a new home
The mountain trail
A true boyfriend
a beautiful ending to the first part of the book

Bullying sucks

16 1 0
Af samara1carter

I return beside Shadow carrying a 50 pound mountain ram on my left shoulder, and a cheeky smile spread across my face. I bend one knee to scratch her between her ears. I click my tongue softly as I start making my way back home. Castiel stopped me looking at the head of the ram for an undefended long time before speaking.

“You know you can get meat from the store,” He added softly

“Oh, I know, but then they don’t have the same taste, Besides this is going to be used for the basketball feast if you win your game tomorrow.” I add “Trust me when I get done with it you’ll think otherwise, my friends could kill for my home cooking. And I can only cook with hand caught meat.” I smile

“Don’t you want me to escort you down to your house?” He paused

“That's up to you Red.” I smirk

Walking forward into the mountain side, I could hear the patter of boots on shell like rock. I didn’t need to turn around to see a flash of red hair appear behind my vision. So I guess he was going to escort me to my home. I smirk underneath the rabbit fur that was on my opposite shoulder. I had already skinned the rabbits. The meat had been Shadow’s supper. I’d use the rabbit fur to make someone a pair of moccasins dipped into heavy duty grip silicon so they could be used for hiking in the winter.

“So how do you like the school here?” He asked

“Fine I guess, As long as I can still do my normal things I’ll remain fine. But if anyone tries to take away anything that I’ve been doing since I was really young. I’ll be a little upset. Like hunting I’ve been doing that since I was six years old. Aunt Fae and my father are the ones who taught me.” I  nod

“I heard from Carmen you can sing really well, Why aren’t you in a band yet?” He asked curious.

“I’m not in this world for my singing now am I. I prefer working with animals because they don’t carry drama spilling it around at the brim of my sanity.” I whistle lowly.

“But you sing for my cousins and Those other three why them?”

“Because I’m advertising their abilities to play any kind of music in the world so they can get jobs for making music for games and or movies.” I add

I shifted the weight of the ram better on my shoulder as we start to slowly skid down the mountain side to the tree line. He stays silent for a while until I have this feeling like he’s about to say something. An exchange of looks between us shifted around as I finally took a step back facing the mountain front.

“Raven, Why did you come here, of all the places in the world why here?”

“...”

I remain silent until we reach the end of the forest. The echos of our feet crunching underneath our feet rang in my ears as I tried to figure out why I had picked here. I could have really chosen any where, then Aunt Annabelle would have gotten me a place there wherever it was in a heartbeat. The only thing that kept repeating in my head was this. To start a new, I wanted to see the places my mother grew up where my parents met. I wanted closer more than anything. And I wasn’t going to find it where I was constantly being reminded that he wasn’t coming home.

“I’ll answer that question when I’ve gotten myself together.” I say penetratingly.

“Okay,” He nods.

We finally reach the house just before sunset. Colin and Carter are the first to answer the door when I knock. Seeing the two familiar faces makes me smile.

“Hey Cuz, Watch'a doing with Our singer,” They joked.

I shift the ram again a little on my shoulders the blood had stained my shirt by this time. Colin glances down at my short stature. Sure he was a good 6ft 8inch body compared to my only 5ft 6inch body height. But I could easily pack a punch compared to my weaker self only a two years ago. I walk to the backyard, where Shadow collides with Carmen with utter joy of the kill that was still on my shoulders. I found a good sturdy tree branch in the old oak tree. The branches reached out every other foot of trunk. It reached into the sky like a giant the branches welcoming the gentle breezes. Hanging the ram upside down tying down to the branch. I cooed at the dog as she waited for her fair share of the meat. I had to chuckle. Cutting into the flesh only released a small amount of left blood. Making Carmen shiver a little, I peeled out of my stained shirt tossing it to her to clean off the stain on my favorite shirt. Now I was just wearing the swimsuit top as I was cutting into the goat.

~Time skip~

During the basketball game I kept the boys score, so far they were winning by 20 points, they had five minutes left of the game. Dajan was showing professional level every chance he got. I might have to use my amazing manager skills from back when I was a band manager in high school. During that time I was really good at getting sponsors to appear at certain events. Colin and Carter were working hard on the wooden floor too. Even Volodymyr was getting better at the sport. He was the third tallest person on the team. First was Colin, second was Dajan, then him. I was very proud, I was cheering with my swimmers voice. Which surprised many people that such a small person could produce a lot of voice :P.

Now down to two minutes left in the game our fellow team had caught up to only two points behind us. My expert eyes slowing down the motions as if I were in Defense training again broke down shot for shot as our team scored another basket. I marked it down as break was called. I got down from my seat making sure that the cold water was available to the boys. Everyone was huddled up now and this is when I put in my two cents.

“If we win or lose, we have a victory supper at my house all of the team is permitted to bring one friend per person if you want. Otherwise just show up and food will be in the dining room.” I add

“Cool Free food at her place,” They all course.

I chuckle softly as I turn back to face the time board as the countdown started. I turned to watch Dajan throw the last time scoring into the basket winning the game. A bright smile plastered my face as I cheered on wards.

~Time skip in the house~

Hungry boys chowed down in front of the Large T.V. Watching the final four basketball game. I could see them enjoying the appetizers in there while I was taking out the goat meat from the stove, I had finished pan fry of goat meat with veggies, and grilled goat meat with veggies. The hot pots and plates steamed off there smells luring the boys into the dining room. I started to hand out plates and utensils to each of them, I handed my last plate to Castiel who was smirking brightly.

“Now I understand why you needed such a large animal.” He joked.

“Yep I tend to use every bit of it possible and then the bones go to the dog.” I add with a bright smile.

He narrowed his eyes a little when I had made that last comment but his friends were already making noises of contentment. There eyes read pure pleasure of the taste buds. Event the coach was surprised.

“My, Compliments to the chef.” Coach said

He was taking another bite of the roasted goat meat. I smile sitting down at the end resting my elbow on the edge of the table my palm holding my chin. I loved watching others eat my food, I never quite liked eating it myself. I preferred junk food, fresh veggies, and mom’s cooking more than my own style of cooking. I still had 15 pounds of left overs uncooked in the fridge that I’d turn into sausage tomorrow.

“Why aren’t you eating?” Castiel asked

“I don’t ever eat my cooking, I enjoy watching others eat it.” I say simply

“Then what are you going to eat tonight?”

“Rabbit stew.” I joked

“Is that delicious?” Dajan asked

“Well Yeah its wild rabbit cooked in wild chicken broth so I’d think it would be good.” I state “The meat you're eating is from a wild Goat I killed in the mountains only a few days ago.” I shrug

Everyone’s face other than Colin and carter’s looked like this (0-0). Which in my way made me bend with laughter as I stood up to grab me a bowl of Rabbit stew that was on the stove. I come back as my bowl was still steaming I make my spoon dance in different swirling motions to aid in cooling the hot liquid down.

“Are you going to cook like this after every game we win?” Carter questions aloud.

I glance up resting my head on my palm with my elbow leaning against the table. I look at him as he carefully looks back. A smile lingers on my face as I nod my head in a yes motion making everyone in the room cheer loudly.

“But you have to clean up after yourselves is the only thing.”

“Aw......” They all looked disappointed suddenly

“But I could not cook like this ever again,”

“No,” Some stopped me

Another smile graces my face as I’m filled with joy of being needed again. I finish my stew, about the same time as everyone had stuffed themselves full with food. There was still plenty of leftovers as I got up to get plastic baggies. I tossed a gallon sized baggie to each of the players plus the coach. Ordering them to take some home with them. Even after that there was just enough for Carmen and Sheila when they decided to come in for the night. They had opt to stay outside while the basketball team was here eating the feast.

Lysander was already at work with the dishes, Castiel was rinsing, Dajan was drying, then Colin was putting away. I smile at them brighter than before. The coach and others had left just barely escaping the work that would have most likely come for them. Leaving only those three in the house other than those living here. Carmen and Sheila decided to come back inside the house heading to there rooms.

“Thanks for the meal Raven.” Lysander smiled

His different colored eyes reminded me of a dog I once had. She was a mini aussie.

“Your welcome,” I nod leaning against the counter.

“So how long will you be staying here?” Dajan asked

“For now I’m only staying here for the year. Until I can figure out what I want to do with my life. I want to finish college near my birth place, just like I had planned before everything went corrupt in my life. I want to make sure my house remains standing despite what the world could throw at it. I recently found out that my Great grandfather wants me to take over the family business. I truly don’t what my hand in that money filled pot. I’d rather barely scrape by with what I’ve got not what I’m given.” I pause

Silence fills for a moment granting me my second spill of words.

“I love working with horses though, so I can’t turn him down on that offer. I’ve never been good with keeping money, Somehow I always end up donating all that I don’t need to charity or something like that. To me it feels stupid to buy expensive cars or houses, when you can make due with a small home and good cars that get you to your destinations. When you have loads of money you never see the simple life that is in front of you all you can do subconsciously is spend spend spend. I like my simple life but I also dislike how easily people can take that away from me.”

I finished and turn away.

“I’m going to bed before I start ranting again. Sorry for ranting a little,” I yawn.

“No its fine.” They call back

I had already made it to my bedroom I put fresh food in the bowl for Shadow and fresh bird feed for Haven. Before I plummet to the darkness. The next day I woke up early in the morning, starting on the sausage with the meat grinder grinding all the leftover uncooked meat into a mush filling the casing slowly. I set the links into the electric smoker putting Colin in charge of motoring as I leave the house to go to take care of Schwartz at Great grandfathers.

As I reach the top of the mountain surveying the medium valley below filled with horses and barns and a few large houses. I start to slide down the slope jumping softly onto the grass below me. Shadow has charged towards her mother as they go else where on the property. I walk inside the barn My Great Grandfather greeting me.

“Hello Raven,” He smiled

“Hello Great grandfather,” I smile back.

“You can call me Praie like all the other great grandchildren I have call me.” He frowned slightly.

“Okay, Praie,” It sounded foreign to my tongue as I tried to pronounce it.

(Its pronounced Pr-A-e)

I unlatch the door to Schwartz stall, He prances out like a prince. I chuckle softly as he nudged my shoulder gently. I smile rubbing his nose to his eyes telling him how handsome he looked. My Great grandfather chuckled, I could hear the clicking of heels from the very distant. But Schwartz and all the other horses were the first to hear them. A familiar blond from school appeared in the entrance of the barn wearing dressage tights and a dressage vest + helmet. She looked angry, Behind her was a horse wearing a bright silver ribbon, The silver mare was being led by a stable hand I had yet to meet. Wait was that Nathaniel? I question leaning back towards Schwartz, He seemed to nicker to the mare as she passed. She huffed annoyed.

“PRAIE, Greta didn’t perform as grand as you said she would, I thought she got gold ribbons but she got silver in everything I entered her in.” Amber Whined.

“Amber sweetie did you treat Greta like I taught you?” He asked

“Yes, I told her how to do the moves just like you showed me last week. And I worked with her every day last week for the meet today.”

I decide to lead Schwartz away from the small war zone going on, I tug Schwartz’s mane pulling him along with me to the storage area. I pull out a English saddle by mistake having to go back inside to get the western saddle. I put the saddle pad on his back first before strapping down the saddle. I start singing softly to myself as I’m tightening the straps. iyiyi by Cody Simpson was what I was singing. All the horses to me seemed to sway their heads to the beat of the music. I could hear the clatter of feet enter the storage room as I was plucking a bridle with a comfy bit.

“Raven?” Nathaniel's voice sounded surprised

“Yes,”

I answered still staring at the bridle wall. It had almost every style lining the wall. My fingers hovered over them like a claw in the coin machine about to pick the prize.

“How did you get a job here? Praie Only picks the elite to work with his horses. Even if they are family.” He said baffled.

“I’m His Great Granddaughter, My mother married a poor man was cut off the payload. I came because I wanted to meet him just to meet him. And he gives me this horse I’ve named Schwartz. And I’m planning to ride him in the saddle today for the first time. You can join if you like but I’d prefer to do this alone.” I add

My fingers finally picking out the perfect bridle, I step outside showing Schwartz the bridle, he took a few steps back before I sent my reassuring aura over him. Nathaniel was watching in amazement. I slowly pull the bridle onto Schwartz’s face. He was so unsure about what next to do but I assured him with my calm voice that everything would be fine I would take good care of him, never let anyone else hurt him.

I heave my left foot over settling down in the saddle sending my calming aura as I clicked my tongue softly. He walked forward, Great grandfather seemed to be fuming by now and was pointing at me as I was leaving but I could clearly hear him.

“Amber why don’t you ever care about others than yourself then you’ll be granted a share of the family fortune when you finally figure out how to speak to the horses. I don’t know where I went wrong. You and your brother used to be able to talk to them when you were young but now you don’t give two cents about them.” He ranted “Why can’t you act simple like your cousin Raven?”

That did it I could feel her gaze scoring my back like a thousand suns.

“She’s only been with that black Arabian for two days she’s already broken the wildest beast besides the white Arabian, Explain to me how you’ve lost your touch with animals. Please.” He seemed to be begging now.

Clicking my tongue softly Schwartz shoes clacked against the compact dirt I paused when he called my name. my back felt rigged with the flaming angry eyes of a drama queen glaring at me evilly. With enough hate to kill me with her manicured fingernails.

“Raven that horse doesn’t have shoes so take him to the blacksmith.” He ordered.

“Yes sir,” I nod firmly before Schwartz proceeded cautiously forward.

I make it to the blacksmith just as a familiar red head appears with a thick leather apron. I guess he was the apprentice of the blacksmith. Schwartz pawed the ground snatching Castiel’s eyes off of me. He started to smirk as I jumped off Schwartz’s back.

“Great grandfather... Paire wants Schwartz’s to be shoed.” I stutter.

“Cat got your tongue?” He rose a brow.

“No I’m just worried that extra drama will happen at school tomorrow.” I sigh

“I guess you haven’t met your distant cousins then?” He smirked

“Met them, Paire was begging for them to answer why I had the angel's touch they’ve lost. I guess I’m not a favorite or I am I’m not sure, I’ve never had grand father before I’ve only been around my grandmother on my father’s side and even she in her time was a drama Deva. What the Heck is wrong with my family and dropping in drama wherever we go. SHEESH I DESPISE IT THE MOST.” I started to rant.

“You tend to Rant when you get in a mood don’t you.” He joked

“yes, sorry.” I whisper softly.

By the time I had finished ranting he had half of the shoes done on Schwartz’s. By this time we could hear a engine start up and take off. I didn’t even care to glance up to watch them.

“I have a question though, Nathaniel said that Parie only hires the elite or from the family.....” I paused blushing bright red on my cheeks.

“I’m not related if that's what your asking, My father knew him because he dated his daughter. And He was the one who found me taking me in when my parents pretty much abandoned me when I was 12 years old. They Rarely visit ever. So I’ve been working here since I was 12.”

“Child labor much,” I joked. “I understand about father dating habits.” I start to laugh “My mother couldn’t go to church with my father because he would point out all the girls he dated in high school when he had hair,” I laughed Clutching my sides heaving at the memories those goofy moments that I missed so much.

Schwartz nudged me as he was patted when Castiel had finished, I hold his reins in my fingers gently. I rub his shoulder warmly, A thought pops into my head I wondered what kind of music the kid listened to.

“Castiel What kind of music do you listen to?” I ask quietly

“Hard Rock,” he shrugs his shoulders.

A smirk dances across my face at the memories of jamming out to Oldies my father and I working on cabinets listening to rock and roll. The memories capture me into a faint smile and eyes that looked distant.

“I like Rock too, It gives me the happiest memories of my past.” I add with a bright smile

I was leading Schwartz outside of the blacksmiths building placing my foot into the stirrup. Heaving my body into the saddle, I click my tongue softly as we head to a well worn trail. I lean forward urging him to pick up his speed but just leaning. My aura was my way of communicating to animals it always has been. He quickly figures out my double click of the tongue means to go a bit faster. He moves from a trot to a canter. It was a lot smoother than the trot but still the way he smoothly crossed the hard earth was that of a phantom. His hooves would hover over the ground by the time we were in a gallop. I was giggling, He seemed to be enjoying himself being able to finally stretch his legs. when he finally started to slow I started to sing Halcyon by Ellie Goulding.

He slowed down to a walk as we headed back to the barn, I was brushing him down still singing not caring who was hearing me. This next weekend I’d travel to L.A. With Sheila and Carmen to a special workout place for further work out on my flexibility. Pretty much learn how to jump between buildings and back flip off walls like a ninja. I was sync for it, and then after training we’d most likely go to a dance club of Sheila’s arrangement possibly to play music for. I was starting to like it here in California. Schwartz huffed when I told him I had to go now.

~Time skip~

Entering the school my books and paper in hand, I stumbled into an old friend from my Childhood. Ken? No he’s the stalker kid from elementary school he can’t be.

“Raven is that you, your just as beautiful as the day I left your school.” He sighed contently

“Nice to see you, I’ve got to go to class now.”

I quicken my pace to class, I go through the motions, till Lunch I’m walking beside Castiel the two of us in a heated discussion about music and how it has the power to rule nations. All of a sudden I stop because there's a flash of pink and jingle of bracelets near my vision. I knew what would soon happen would not be any good. When we past her table she attempted to trip me but it failed because I easily jumped over her foot like an obstacle. This made her enraged that I had figured out her plan. I knew She was going to make my life a living infernal pit of hate. I shake her gaze off my shoulders like I did during high school when everyone would talk about my fathers death. All the stares and whispers did get to me that's why I had to move. I just hope they wouldn’t follow me here. Because that would ruin the reason I moved here in the first place. I missed my friends Caleb and Andy the most though. They were the main ones to help me through my loss.

The next day she had ruined everything in my locker with paint. I sigh knowing I barely used it anyways. I only used it to put completed assignments in so I didn’t have extra weight in my bag. But the paint that splattered all over me in my once pure black dress was now stained with neon pink my most hated color. The floors were just as splattered as I was covered. My hair clung to my face in pink clumps. I could hear her clanking heels as she pointed at me and laughed before going to her class.

“Way to be professional!” I yell at her as she walks away with swaying hips.

I start to clean up my stained locker pulling out all the unpainted papers and painted into the big trash bucket. I go to my class still on time. I peel away my ruined jacket rather sad it was my father’s army gortex jacket. Carmen snatches it out of my hands before I end up staring at it until the paint dries. Depression swells up in me threatening to break my emotionless facade. She returns it by the end of the day the paint disappeared as if the explosion of paint never happened to my jacket. Carmen could use some of her herbs in a special way to remove any stain. I thanked her greatly. Carmen rolls her eyes smiling with a fit of laughter rolling over her tongue. We walk home

“Do you want me to clean your dress, It might not come out.” She motioned

“Nah, I can always make a new dress.” I smiled “But you should hold onto it so I don’t get anything on it again.” I joked sadly.

The next day Amber and her crew had posted horrible things about me with my photo ID Picture all over the halls. It didn’t bother me none at all, I was normally oblivious to things such as this. I disliked Drama, so I didn’t let it mess with me. But, if you bring my father into the equation I will lash out with no mercy. Because, people who looked down at him and call him a coward he was not that at all. He gave his life saving not just my life but everyone on the school grounds, from that insane person who was firing that gun at random people. Sure some people got wounded, like two, but, if it wasn’t for my father they’d been dead. I hated when people said that what he did was selfish. Just because what he did was for the greater good people kept thinking it was to gain something, what could you gain when you are six feet under.

I shake my head away from those thoughts before listening to the teacher. Nathaniel appeared in the corner giving the teacher a slip of paper.

“Ms. Hawkins you are needed in the office so is Mr. Rockwell.” The teacher notified

I shift out of my chair sliding my backpack on my shoulders, The clatter of our feet plodding against the cold tiles. Castiel seemed a little unsure about being called out of the classroom with someone other than just himself. I guess he dose not want to show a weakness to me, I guessed. We reach the door, the secretary told me that I should go first. My fingers curled around the bronze handle. I inhale sharply as I collected myself into a professional exterior facade. My aura soothing as I was unsure of why I was called to the office. I slowly open the door walking into the classroom making sure to close the door quickly.

A Corgi greeted me jumping on my leg. I cooed softly at the silky furred dog, I was about to pet her. but I was interrupted before a finger could carcass the silky fur.

“Sit. Down.” She ordered firmly.

Shocked look crossed my face I sat down obediently in the chair. The tone of her voice clearly said I was in Deep poop. The way she seemed to pace back and forth made me increase my worry. The Corgi went into a corner hiding from my panic filled aura spreading out. It saturated the air around me like a fish caught in a net. Her hair was in a dither some strands had gotten away from her bun she looked really livid to the point of suspending me for some unknown reason.

“Mrs. Greta Did I do something wrong?” I ask shockingly.

“You have vandalized school property, You’ve wrote profanity in the Girls bathroom.” She stated

My eyes widen in surprise, I’ve never been in the bathrooms of the school so how could I possibly write profanity. Even my friends know I don’t curse at all I find alternatives to curse words. What’s this about vandalizing? I’ve always been good student I never went out of the rules. My last principal made sure to put that in my resume to get into this college grounds for the year.

“Mrs. Greta, I haven’t used the bathroom not once this year in this school building so how could I do such a thing. I don’t even curse, I find child safe alternatives. And I really respect this school for allowing me to join. So why would I disrespect it by vandalizing it?”

“Then explain to me who could have done this with your hand writing.”She fumed

“Ummm... I don’t have a specific handwriting, It changes every time I shift my pencil in my hand.”

This just made her fum more I sit back unsure of what to do to prove my innocence. All I’ve done since I got here was do my work, go to practice, go home, and went to Basketball game just recently. That's all I’ve done thus far, so what could I’ve done. Unless it was Amber.

“You will serve your detention today or you will be suspended from school, and you will not get your diploma here. I will not tolerate lies from a student that is suppose to be Professional about everything she does. And you will have to clean your messes.”

Shook from being wrongly accused showed clearly on my face. I was pushed out of the room, Carmen looked a little concerned asking me what was wrong. I told her and she seemed to fum over the cap. She slammed her locker door so hard that it dented the metal clasp.

“That old hag! How dare she accuse you for something you clearly haven’t done.” She yelled.

“Don’t overreact I might get something worse.” I hushed her “I’ll serve it without question not, because, I didn’t do it but whoever that did may smile and laugh but the first one who does you can put them on the suspect list.” I corrected.

“Alright I’ll see you when you get home I’ll tell Sheila she’ll be furious so will the boys.” She sighed.

I pull my working gloves out of the custodians cart and squirted some of the cleaning solution in the yellow bucket. The water sloshed around as I walked to the girls bathroom setting to work on washing off the profanity marked in sharpie. When I finished I moved to the back hallway the dirty water I had already poured out into the sink of the bathroom and filled again. I took a step back sadly looking at what was on the wall.

“B****** get screwed. Raven sucks D***”

“Wow no one is professional here in the drama department. At least they act like bullies should act.” I sigh

“What they did was wrong, when are you going to stand up for yourself?” Castiel questioned me.

He picks up a tattered rag amazingly helps me clean the wall. It seemed like I came here to clean a slate but it just seems that my troubles will always follow me everywhere I’ll go. When I finish I text Carmen that I’m finally done and I’d be home in ten minutes. I sit down giving myself a little break. Castiel was still waiting for my answer.

“It was never in my nature to lash out with violence. Even if my father encouraged that if I’m being picked on to throw a few punches.” I faintly laugh

Castiel smirked.  A bright smile plastered my face it turns sour after he mentions my father.

“I’m starting to like how you talk about your father, I still can’t wait to meet him.” He laughed

“I’m sure that you’d liked him. Like I said, before, I’m the kind of girl that will just turn the other cheek. But there are some things that will make me lash out with violence there is so few and I dislike sharing what they are but I feel like since your my friend you should be warned.”

We shift around on the stairs as I stood up, he motioned for me to follow him. We make it to the roof then were staring at the stars that start to appear through the clouds that wisp by us. I inhale sharply before I gather my being from breaking from the first words I would utter.

“The first thing that can be sure to set me off is when people take pity on me, because my mother was rich but married a poor man. She loved my father what's wrong about marrying the person you love with every inch of your being when you create a child. Sure I was the only child but I cherish my parents and when people talk bad about them I snap out viciously either by words or by physical depending on how far they are disrespecting my loved ones.  A third is when you disrespect my animal friends. If you hurt or inflict pain towards any animal that loves me I shall inflict the same pain on that person who caused it. Another is if you pick on my friends I will show you the dark side which you may never return from. I haven’t been learning self defense for nothing. It has its limitations, I’m still a greenhorn in a way. Plus when your instructors are ten times stronger than a normal person you have to used twice as normal power with each move so you lose the amount of control of power you exert per hit on a non experienced being. Just saying.” I sigh with a shrug.

“I feel like I don’t want to be on your receiving end of your wrath.” He chuckled

“Colin says that whenever I get done with training.” I laugh.

We said our goodbyes, I enter the house I could feel the deafening aura that was crashing around me.

“Why Do I have to have the yellow-belly Student who can’t stand her ground when put in a spot like that. Sheesh you should know better Raven I Don’t put what I’ve taught you to shame.”

“There is a place and a time to use it. Besides tomorrow is the last day then its summer break for a month then my real school year starts. I’m just testing my sea legs in this school that's all. I Can do this myself and you know it.” I defend myself

That night when I went to bed I lay staring at the ceiling my gut swirling in knots somehow knowing that tomorrow was not going to go any better than this week. In fact my instincts were telling me to skip school tomorrow because I was afraid of what Amber might throw at me next more than anything that is. I just hope she didn’t use my weaknesses against me because then I could go into a rage and not be able to come out of it until bones have been broken. And That's a sight I don’t want to relive ever again. I finally fall asleep around 11 only to be awaken at 5:30 by Haven my normal alarm clock always on the dot that is at home. But here its like five hours behind, I tell her five more hours and grumble back to sleep pulling the cover over my head.

The next morning I wake up late and on top of that I’m rushing to pick out clothes. They just so happen to be my Swim team shirt from my senior year plus my swim team shorts. My hair in a mess as I toss on a pair of sports flip flops grabbing my bag last second racing on my feet to the school. I made it to the class with only 3 seconds to spare. I’m red faced and panting heavily as I try to coax my lungs and racing heart back under my control.    

The teacher glares daggers at me as he calls my name pulling me to the front of the class asking me if I had my presentation done. I nod my head up and down quickly as I returned to my backpack turning on my beat up five year old laptop that served me well through high school. I pull up the presentation and start my day away.

During my break period I wiggle my way around to the great oak tree in the front of the school yard. I drink in the sweet smell of Oak lining my taste buds were memories of making Oak cabinets the last year my father was alive for our kitchen. They were bitter yet sweet they were to my heart. I look up at the tall tree getting lost in its branches with my eyes. The childhood memories flood my senses. I can distantly hear someone calling my name but its not until they pull me to face them I start to blink slowly drawing myself back into the real world and not left in the past.

“Earth to Raven are you with us or some other planet.” Castillo barked

“Sorry, I was caught reminiscing in a past that will never come back. Its been happening more now than after the event.” I say solemn

“Well maybe you’ll feel better once we get some food in that stomach. I could hear it growl in from across the courtyard.” he smirked

“Okay now that you mention it I didn’t have breakfast either so Lunch would be awesome right now.” I thanked him

As we are walking to the cafeteria I could shake this feeling that something bad was bound to happen as soon as I stepped a foot in there. And low and behold as soon as I did there was a video of the Event playing flat out on the screen as the Sheriff of the town was demonstrating on how we should look out for suspicious people. I could hear the laughs in the crowd as my father started to fall hitting the earth with a thump. Even the sounds were mute but they throbbed in my ears like fine tuned drums. Driving the nail in my heart leaving a scar that will never heal. After the teachers had left and the discussion was left standing people started to go back to their lunches.  Amber stood up and pointed at the me. A

“Look its the girl in the video, are you going to cry about your fathers death he did only die what like six months ago? Shouldn’t you be in a hospital by now ripping your hair out?!” She mocked

I took the insults to my sanity but those didn’t get the deep growl that she was about to get. My body completely tensed up. Carmen knew h^ll was about to break loose.

“How can such a mere commoner the Daughter of a poor man be considered Higher than I in Parie’s Eye’s! You and your family are such muck, grime, and Slime under my fingernails. To be truthful you and your father should have never been born. Then we wouldn’t be having these kinds of clashes now would we. Ms. Poor Man’s Daughter!” She yelled with mockery

“Oh and raven the next time Parie says that you’ve got the angels touch and tells me I should be more like you. I’ll make your life a living pot of boiling water. I will not be looked down on by someone who is lower than me.” She spat angrily

A deep scary growl erupted from my throat.

“You can mock me Any day of the week I’ll turn the other cheek. But, if you EVER talk bad about my Family, I will Rip your prissy little mockery face into one full of terror.” I snapped

“Oh but you wouldn’t risk losing your diploma now would you.” She taunts.

“No, But I have evidence that links you to everything you’ve done to me so far that's enough to prove my innocence.” I snarled deeply

I took a step closer to her, her minions lashed their manicured fingers at me. I had one fish to fry. There nails cut deeply into my face I was a mere inch from Amber’s face. Blood dripped down my cheeks onto my favorite swim team shirt.

“I always turned the other cheek, Always but you’ve pressed the wrong buttons Missy. one wrong move and you are done for, you will be swimming with the fishes.” I smirk evilly.

“You wouldn’t risk your degree,” she stammered

“Oh I would and I can.” I state back sharply

Then she weakly shoots a fist at my face, I gladly take that and a few of her scratches to my neck and face They barely raised my inflamed skin. Before I finally lash out grasping her fist. I decided to still be calm about this as much as my sanity would allow me to be. I twist her wrist underneath my fingers with a sickening pop dislocating her wrist and she tries to use her other hand to lash out and then my other hand has it gripped tightly.

“Tisk Tisk Says the bullied girl about to switch roles.” I laugh menacingly

I feel strong arms grab my waist pulling me away with such strenght I’m ripped away from my sanity breaking point by Colin and Carmen gets in between Amber and I, more likely for Amber’s protection from my further rage that was building up slowly. Colin was beginning to struggle to keep me under control. I finally get loose my eyes red with fury Carmen only has to look up once to know I was going for the opening and there was nothing that would stop me. Carmen shoved Amber into the ground as she took the blunt force of my attack with her own hands. She absorbed all of my hits and kicks until my body could no longer stand from lack of strength. She for once was sliding back a little for every hit or kick which normally would never ever happen for me.

Blood caked my face and infection had started a little around the claw marks. Carmen made short work of grabbing her herbs out of her bag mixing them up into a mush like paste. The intense burning sensation that shot through my body made me whimper aloud to the pain.  Of course that plus the blood loss was a no brainer on why I passed out afterwards.

~Time skip~

   When I wake up my fingers raise up to my cheeks to check for scars. Only to find nicely healed skin, there was a herb puree smell on my face now coating my fingers like a perfume. I sit up my hair pulled out of my face, it was long past time for its cut even as it hung away from my neck it fluttered now past my ribcage. I stare down at my hands so angry at myself for reacting the way I had. How long it took me to finally snap with all that pent up anger that had been swelling in the past week.

I stand up looking at myself in the mirror. My once dyed black hair had now outlasted its use. Only the tips of my hair remained the dark Raven black. My brown hair crept up six inches from my roots to the edge of the dyed hair. I pull my hair out of the messy ponytail. I shivered as the hair now dripped down to my upper waist. It was tangled and oily but I didn’t feel like washing it at the present moment. My stomach rumbled declaring it was ready to eat. I made my way down the stairs to the main floor. My bare feet curled back at the cold granite floor. I pivot on my heels taking myself to the kitchen grabbing what was left of the rabbit stew into my fingers. The cold liquid chilled my fingers from the thin plastic called its container.

I unfasten the lid pouring the thick contents into a gleaming porcelain bowl. The click of the microwave resonated in my sensitive ears. The house had no stirring which now brought me to complete alertness. The house should have at least a little movement of air flowing around for a house that should have four people, a pet bird, and a dog. But still nothing sired the air other than the gentle hum of the microwave. The familiar Bing of done bell seems to ring throughout the house. I gently to look to the left then right then left again. Unease settled underneath my calm composure. I feel a little sick to my stomach as I grip the hot bowl in my fingers. it scalded my fingers on the cooked the stew, once it was just right I brought my lips to the edge of the bowl sipping it down my throat. My stomach now full I go back upstairs to change into some jeans and a t-shirt. I jump into my truck this time shifting the gears as it roared to life and headed towards the ranch.

As I got there I could see Castiel fast at work shoeing a White stallion. I parked the rickety old Ford truck into a parking place. I jumped out of the truck locking the doors with the button. Making my way towards my beloved horse. I wanted someone to cry on and I couldn’t bring myself to talk to people when I was like this. I find his stall he knickers at me as I open the door. I already have the bridle in my arms. He figured me out like an open book and just stays still until I’ve pulled the bridle on his face lacing my fingers into his mane I lead him outside. before I hop onto his back bare. He sets out towards the trail. as I finally break down. The tears spilling over my eyes like a broken dam.

We make it behind the tree line. I slip off his back his ears flickered towards me as I shiver slightly.

“Why did I react like I did, I could risk losing working with you by how I acted. And I don’t want to lose you. To me Schwartz I’m so lucky to even be out here and to risk that could mean I lose everything and I just don’t. I don’t think I could survive if I lost everything.” I finally breaking my voice

The horse looked behind its back his ears were split one listening to me and the other behind me. Mrs. Drama queen herself appeared on the crazy white stallion. He was barely under control through the drugs they had to put him on. Parie told me that if he made one act of violence towards people he’d put the horse down. He was a show horse a good one always getting high marks. He was used to breed with a mare recently to produce a good dressage horse. I’d be training his foal, I step back a few times. Schwartz nudges me to get onto his back. I felt something horrible was going to happen. I lace my fingers into his mane hauling myself up his back. I click my tongue softly he knew right away that I didn’t want her to see me at all. He seemed to pick up that she was the problem that I had.

His trot was smooth I could hear galloping steps from behind us. A flash of white past my vision, which was horrible he shouldn’t be running on a trail that was only for the experienced horses. I never put Schwartz no faster than a trot on this trail, ever. I feared something would go rye. I chirp at the running horse. He slowed down looking back at me content in his eyes. as I sang a little tune. Both horses could pick it up. Amber growled at the white stallion squeezing the reins too tightly. My eyes narrow at her as she tries to make the white stallion go into a gallop again. But his ears remain pointed back towards me listening to my warning tone singing softly.

She was getting angrier, I felt like sticking my tongue out at her. I knew how to talk to horses and she didn’t she shouldn’t be riding a horse that quickly on a trail that was only meant for trotting or slower. It was also the shortest but it was equally dangerous due to the shall rock that could easily slide away or trip the horse up. sending either the rider, horse, or both into a tumble.  I wasn’t going to let anyone hurt that white stallion no matter how crazy he was or the rider on his back was.

Amber jumped off the horse stomping off leaving him there watching her. I click my tongue softly in a call’n tone. He perked his head looking straight at me. He trotted over, I grabbed his reins tightly as he followed us till the end of the trail. Castiel appeared looking worriedly.

“I was about to go after that white stallion before he’d hurt someone.” He commented

“No I was the one who stopped her before she could injure him. She was being stupid making him run full speed on that shellrocks.” I snap back harshly.

“So it was you who Stopped him you B****” She growled reaching at me.

“I backfliped easily off Schwartz, Landing softly on the ground glaring. I led both horses back to there stalls before another fight may break out.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

233K 5.9K 38
Basically Naruto runs away when he can't handle things anymore, he just wants some space for himself where he can feel safe but how will a certain ra...
96.5K 1.6K 28
Sasuke thought he could live his life and become better than his brother, Itachi. That was until he meet Her. Raven was a girl that no one noticed bu...
276K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
Why Me? Af Kai

Fan Fiktion

4.9K 129 29
Happiness, Friendship, Love. All these things are a stranger to me, things I have never experienced. I do not know much of my past. All I can rememb...