Where Do Broken Hearts Go (Ni...

By sarahkiley

"These songs are deep." He spun me around once before bringing me close to his chest, our faces barley touch... More

.zero.
.one.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.eighteen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
.twenty two.
.twenty three.
.twenty four.
.twenty five.
.twenty six.
.twenty seven.
.twenty eight.
.twenty nine.
.thirty.
.thirty one.
.thirty two.
.thirty three.
.thirty four.
.thirty five.
.thirty six.
.thirty seven.
.thirty eight.
.thirty nine.
.fourty. (Part One)
.fourty. (Part two)
.fourty one.
Authors Note
.fourty two.
.fourty three.
.fourty four.
.fourty five.
.epilogue.

.two.

439 21 16
By sarahkiley

Aspen as Alexa Losey (I recommend watching her YouTube videos. She is so down to earth and perfect)

|Sarah's P.O.V|

I bit my fingernails, nervous, as my eyes wondered around the waiting room. Aspen has been in there for quite some time, and I just wanted to make sure she was fine. Then soon after that I am gonna bitch at her about these dumb ass One Direction tickets. Who did she think she was? And why were they addressed to me?

To be honest I hate hospitals. Since a young age they have freaked me out. People come in those front doors with weird diseases or sicknesses. Does it look like I want to catch what they have? No. Hospitals claim they are clean, but for real... Are they?

The waiting room had multiple different kinds of seats to sit on, all of them the same shade of blue. The sun from the windows shown in ever so brightly that I could actually be able to wear sunglasses right now. It seemed that the sun was only shinning in my direction. Everyone else around me didn't have to shade their eyes.

My legs staid cross. If they weren't then both of them would be bouncing off the walls. Due to Aspen and just my fear of hospitals.

I swore to myself that this day couldn't get anymore screwed up, but it definitely has. I'd rather get probed by those aliens right now. Fuck my life.

Setting down my hand from my mouth, I cursed under my breath. Being a germ a phobe was one thing, but having a habbit to bite nails also sucks.

I'll probably get sick now. Great, just what I wanted.

To keep my mind off things, I went to bend over to the coffee table and look through the magazines. As soon as I grabbed one, in the corner of my eye I saw Aspen getting rolled up in a black wheelchair. The first thing I did notice was her smiling face and her hand in the form of a thumbs up. Obviously the smile was fake. She was only making that smile so I wouldn't be as pissed at her. Honestly though, thumbs up or thumbs down I was ready to bitch.

As you can see I didn't care for One Direction at all.

Let me rephrase that; I didn't care for Niall.

I gave Aspen a look, but the second thing I did notice was a cast. One that went from her knee down to her foot. How could someone break there leg just by falling down the stairs?

Standing up I pulled down my knitted sweater and walked right to her. She waved at me, but the doctor began speaking to the both of us before I got to say anything to her.

"You must be Sarah," The middle aged man with a balled head shook my hand as I nodded to him. "Throughout the whole process Aspen here said that you were going to kill her," we all laughed. Especially me because Aspen was completely right.

"Anyways, I spoke to Aspen about everything that needs to be done, and I do expect you to help her around. If that wouldn't be a problem?" He stared at me, as I licked my lips before speaking.

"Yeah that wouldn't be a problem... I mean we are roommates," I chuckled down at her. Both of us knew that over exaggerated chuckle was fake. She looked up at me like a little kid who was getting yelled at. Surprised she is still alive to be honest.

"Okay, great. Well, I would explain to you, but I have a patient waiting. If you have any questions Aspen, please call," He handed some papers to her, must of been her X-rays I thought. Meeting eye contact with her, she smiled and patted the handles on the back of the wheelchair.

"What?" I asked. My arms crossed over my chest, giving her a stern look. As much as I didn't want to start a scene in the middle of the waiting room, she deserved this.

Okay, maybe she didn't. I feel terrible that she broke her leg.... This is going to suck for the both of us. Especially her. Wow, I am a bitch.

Aspen sighed, grabbed the wheels and began to wheel herself to the door. You could tell she wasn't very good at it because she almost ran two feet over and she kept saying sorry to everyone. I felt like a terrible friend... But look what she did?

No. She's my best friend. I'll let her explain.

Turning on my heels I ran to the back of the wheelchair where the handles were and firmly grasped them. Aspen must of felt some kind of tug because she looked back. We stared at each other for a little bit before she looked away.

Pushing her out the doors and to my car, I helped her out by grabbing her arm and handing her the crutches. She made her way to the passengers side and got in. How was she this good with crutches already? I don't want to ask...

Without hesitation I folded the wheelchair and lifted it up into the back of my car. I felt the heat push against my face, but quickly shut the door because I didn't want any to get out. It was a cooler day, sunny, but cool... Which meant that tomorrow would be about the same temperature as well.

Which also meant the day of the One Direction concert.

I sighed just thinking about it. Standing there for more than a second, I just knew I needed to talk to Aspen about this. Pushing my hair back I jogged to the drivers side, opened my door quickly and jumped in. The car was already started, so right away I buckled up and began to pull out.

As bad as I wanted to say something to my best friend I just kept my mouth shut. Which left the car in complete silence... An awkward one.

Turning out of the parking lot and beginning my away to our College campus I figured I'd better just turn on the radio. But when I did, I regretted it.

I got fire for a heart,
I'm not scared of the dark,
You never seen it look so easy.

Right after that part, I turned the radio volume down to zero. Instantaneously, Aspen and I looked right into each other's eyes.

She knew what I was thinking.

She definitely knew that I was so pissed off that she didn't tell me she liked One Dick. I mean One Direction.

All these years she has let me get my hate out on Niall, but never once said she liked them. Maybe there were hints that she did, but I always made the situation about myself and Niall.

No wonder she never told me she liked them.

As the tension brewed in the car, and NYU got closer, I knew the best thing was to go to Starbucks and have a long, long, long talk.

*

"Please don't kill me."

"Why didn't you tell me you liked One Fuck Me In The Ass because I don't care?"

"Why do you have to be so rude?"

"Don't I know your human too? No because you listen to a road sign." I wanted to laugh at my own joke but I kept my mouth shut. We were already causing a distraction so I didn't want to laugh to cause more.

Aspen rolled her eyes. She looked pissed, but hey I was too. My own best friend didn't tell how she felt about my worst enemies band.

"You are honestly being so immature. I didn't want to tell you because I knew this would happen. I knew you would blow up, because everything is about you. Sarah.... I know what he did to you. I know how much you hate him. I also dislike what he did... But I like their music. And I wish you'd understand," I listened throughly... I guess that is all I could do. Once I heard what she had to say, my stomach hurt... And I shut my mouth.

"I entered a contest a couple months ago... I also used your name and entered you so I could have a better chance of winning. It's been so hard keeping up with all these student bills and I needed to see them. When I realized you went to get the mail.... My heart fell to the ground knowing you were going to bitch at me," Aspen takes a deep breath and sighs. "So I ran... And once I saw you beat me to it... I tripped and fell down that flight of stairs," She motions to her leg.

I didn't know what to say.

What could I even say?

"So... Yeah. I'm still going to the concert, and if you're pissed at that... Grow up Sarah," she took a sip of her Chi Tea Latte, not even bothering to look up at me.

This made me feel even worse. Aspen was right, I was acting like a child. Biting my lip and tapping my fingers on the table I looked up at her. This time she was looking at me, with big puppy dog eyes.

"But I thought you only listened to emo music!" I whined, trying to look away from her, but I couldn't.

Aspen has the biggest eyes in history. They were the prettiest blue... The kind that could get you anything.

Literally anything.

"Fine, I'll go see One Direction."

-Authors note-

Please spread the word about this book.

Also comment if you are enjoying it!

Please,

Vote and comment :)

Kiley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 463 29
Simple One Direction imagines for fans. If you like them let me know by commenting and voting. *No requests being taken at this moment. copyright ©
1K 31 32
Broken hearts. Broken dreams. But all she wants is to see what love really is on this Hell called Earth
35.7K 614 62
"I didn't think a heart was capable of feeling this much love for a person. I guess you really can love someone so much... It hurts."
906K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..