The Take Back - A Chris Pratt...

By book_nerd356

It has been 2 years since the Indominus Rex attack in Jurassic World. The park is now closed but the remainin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Super Important
Chapter 7 has been published

Chapter 24

2.7K 86 54
By book_nerd356

Author's Note: *IMPORTANT*
Okay, this is the last chapter.
Last chapter. The next book, which will be the actual end of the story all together. Which is sad I know. I really don't want to stop writing this soon to be trilogy but all good things must come to an end. But for now, enjoy the last chapter! :) also, this is my longest chapter. A total of 3,464 words!

~~~~~~~

- Nicole's POV -

Two months passed, then three months, four and five, and eventually six. Leading us into the fall times of November. The day to Owen and I's wedding came closer and I became more and more nervous. Our love for each other grew more and more by the day and I was looking forward to the day I said "I do." My dress had been chosen, along with who was the maid of honor, Claire of course. I chose her dress to be blue but she picked the style of it. After five months of planning, we decided on the final and began preparations.

Through out this time I kept thinking about my brother and sister. Wondering if they knew where I was, what I was doing, whether or not if I was still alive. They didn't know about my job offer after college. I pretty much disappeared out of they're lives like they did with mine. One night I was thinking about this more than I must have realized because Owen asked me if anything was wrong. At first I denied but eventually, told him. He suggested I call them each. And I was going to, right now.

My hands shook as I pressed my brother's contact on the screen. I was wondering if he was going to be mad or happy to hear from me. I sent both of them an invitation in the mail.

The sudden sound of my brother's voice scared me and I took a deep breath before saying hello.

"Nikki, is that you?"

"Hi Jacob."

"It is! How are you? What have you been doing?" I was glad that he was happy to hear from me.

"I've, let's just say been busy." there was yelling in the background and I laughed slightly.

"You have kids."

"Yeah, four of them."

"Wow, did your wife want that many?"

"We both agreed. But yeah. So have you gone to college? The last I remember seeing you was at your high school graduation."

"Yeah. I went to college."

"What was your major?"

"Animal behavior and paleontology."

"Damn. So your into fossils and shit. Have you heard, of that one park, what was it called. Jurassic World? They were supposed to have live dinosaurs. My kids wanted to go but I told them the following year. Then it  closed."

"Yeah. It was a hell of park. Lots of great times there. But yeah, we closed it due to..." I paused, making sure to carefully choose my words.
"a containment anonymity."

"We? Nikki, did you work there?" Jacob's voice sounded surprised.

"Yeah, worked with all different species. Apatosauruses, triceratops, velociraptors, T-Rex, Mosasaurus."

"Oh my god! If I had known..." I cut him off before he had a chance to finish the sentence.

"It's fine. It's not like you would have known. We haven't spoken in, six years now?"

"And that's my fault. I should have been there for you little sis."

"You're forgiven. But I look forward to seeing you soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Call me when you get my... letter. Bye." And then I hung up. One down, one to go. I called Amelia but there was no answer so I left a voicemail.
I started dinner and shortly after, Owen came home.

"Hey," he said walking in and kissing me on the cheek.

"Hi,"

"Did you call?" I nodded in response.

"Did it go well?" once again I nodded, continuing to focus on the hat was frying in the pan in front of me, which was chicken, my favorite.

"Not very talkative are we?" Owen said before walking into the living room.

"Sorry," I muttered and continued cooking.

•••

Owen and I hardly talked through dinner. Though, he kept looking at me and finally I asked why.

"Can't I just see if you're okay?" he said snapping at me slightly.

"Yes!" I snapped back.

"I'm sorry Owen, I didn't mean to. I just, have been thinking a lot about the wedding lately. It's in a week and I have mixed emotions about it all. Though, none of it is regret." Owen nodded. After we finished dinner, together we did the dishes. There was silence between us and all you heard was the water running and the plates clinking against each other as they were put one by one in the dishwasher.

"Do you want to come with me?"

"For what?" I asked Owen.

"My parents are flying in today and their flight comes in an hour." I had completely forgot about Owen's parents coming in.

"Oh! I almost forgot! I would love to go with you."

"Good, because I don't want to be alone with them in the car ride back. They'd all begin to harp on me. For example, "who is this girl you're marrying and how long have you known her for. What's she like." My mother won't stop asking questions, but maybe, if you're there. She won't pester me about it."

I looked at him and placed my hands on my hips.

"Is that why you want me to go with you?" I said angrily.

"Don't get mad honey.. I just.."

"I'm kidding. Let's go!" I took Owen's hand and we walked out to the car together.

•••

- Owen's POV -

"You sure you want to meet my parents now?" I asked Nikki, looking at her. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Of course I do." I just knew how, rude my parents could be sometimes. My father was thrilled when I decided to join the Navy but my mom always was trying to get me to date someone. She wanted me to get married and have children. Then, I just shook my head and told her no. But that was all before I met Nicole.

"Just one thing," I began to sat as I saw my parents standing outside the door, waiting for me to pull the car up. "don't get offended if my mom asks about  us and if we're going to have children." I drove up and parked the car and got out. Nicole followed and my mom embraced me in a hug.

"Oh Owen honey! How are you? Is this her?" my mother said looking over at Nicole with a disgusted look on her face.

"Hi mother," I said and I took a quick glance over at Nicole, who was awkwardly standing off to the side.

"Son," my dad said and he shook my hand.

"This is Nicole Jensen, my fiancé." I said, gesturing over to Nicole who smiled at my parents.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Grady." she said while shaking my father's hand and then my mother's.

"Well what the hell are you waiting for Owen. I'm not twenty-two anymore. I need to sit down." I nodded and told my parents to get in the car. They did and I took their luggages and put them in the trunk. After I shut the trunk, I looked over at Nicole, who seemed offended.

"I take it that your mom doesn't like me much. Your father too."

"I'm sorry Nicole, but honestly, I'm not crazy about my parents being here either. They'll be leaving the day after the wedding."

"Okay," she said looking down at the ground."

"Hey, I love you. Just remember that." I said lifting her chin up and bringing her lips to mine. I loved the way her lips felt against mine. Everything about her I loved and couldn't wait to see her walk down the aisle next Saturday. I couldn't think of someone better to be my wife.

•••

The moment Nicole and I got back to the house, we were both so annoyed at my parents that we just went straight to our room.

"I never knew one person could ask so many questions in under a half hour."
Nicole said rubbing her forehead as she sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"Can you please go in the bathroom and on the top shelf is Motrin. My head is killing me." I nodded and came back moments later with the bottle and a glass of water.

"Thank you," she said and I said no problem and I then left the room.

My parents were no where in the kitchen or living area so I assumed they were in the guest bedroom. I knocked on the door and my mom opened it.

"Oh Owen honey, what's up?"

"We need to talk."

"What about?" my mom questioned. I walked into the room and closed the door behind me.

"It's about Nicole."

"Oh... her." my mom scowled.

"Honey, now don't start. Let's hear what Owen has to say." my father chimed in. I nodded and began talking.

"I know you may not be overly thrilled that I chose her to be my wife but if you know what we both went through in the past few years. You would understand."

"What exactly did you two go together?" my mom snapped.

"It's- well- it's hard to understand and it's complicated but when you see the one person you really care about sitting, tied to a chair, blood running down her face, her skin as cold as ice, then having the person you hate more than anything say he killed her.  And knowing that what your previous actions were that you said and did lead to that then you realize how much more you love, and miss her. That's all I have to say." I walked over to the door, opened it and left before they had anything to say. I went to head back to our room, so I turned the corner and ran right into Nicole. Tears stained her pale cheeks.

"Are you okay?" she shook her head no and I pulled her close to her and held her tight. She cried into my shoulder and I gently rubbed her back.

"What's troubling you?" I whispered softly.

"D-did you really mean what you said?" she said still crying. I knew what she was talking about. She heard the conversation that I just had with my parents.

"Of course I did. Nicole, I will marry you. Even if that means regarding my parents wishes." I said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Now, let's go to bed." we both walked back to our room and got in bed. I threw the blanket over her and she cuddled up next to me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and she took my hand. So we fell asleep like that. Holding hands.

•••

- Nicole's POV -

Saturday came closer than I expected. My hands shook slightly as I placed my vail over my head.

"You look beautiful," Claire said, trying not to cry.

"So do you, blue brings out your eyes." she smiled at me and I hugged her. The wedding was going to be small. Not a lot of people. Just how we liked it.

"Oooh Nikki!" Vivian said all giddy when she saw me. For her's and Karen's dress, they both chose a light blue one. Owen and I chose blue for our main color theme.

We waited in the back of the church, and while waiting we talked amongst ourselves.

"Claire, you haven't seen Amelia, have you?" I asked her and she shook her head no. I looked down at my hands and played with my ring. At least my brother was here. He called me back, thrilled that he got the invitation. He was the only blood related family member I had here. I considered Vivian, Claire, Zach, Gray, all of them family. But the people I wanted here the most, more than anything weren't. My parents' and sister. I got up and walked over to the table that was in the room. I searched through the makeup, hairspray, perfume, and other things that were on it for a piece of paper. Eventually I found a small piece, grabbed a pen and wrote something down.

"Claire, can you please go give this to Owen?"

"Of course," she took the paper and then left the room. I sat down next to Vivian and Karen and we began talking.

•••

- Owen's POV -

I pulled out my old Navy uniform and shaved, by request of Nicole. She wanted me to wear it. It was probably because she's never seen me in it. I looked at myself in the mirror and remembered the first day I put it on. The day I went and enrolled in the Navy. My mother crying when I left. But I wasn't leaving. I was getting married to the most wonderful woman in the world. Zach then walked in.

"Hey, Father Jim is ready." I nodded and then walked out of the room I was in. People began taking their seats, and I walked up to the top of the alter.

Zach, Gray, Scott, Michael, Lowery all stood next to me. I looked up and saw Claire running towards me.

"Owen! There you are! Nicole wanted me to give you this." She handed me a piece of paper. It was folded neatly and I opened it to find Nicole's handwriting scribbled on it.

"Mr. Owen Grady,

So, should I tell people to call me Mrs. Grady now?

- Nikki"

I smiled and looked at her lovely penmanship. Nearly swirling across the piece of paper in black ink.

"Mr. Grady. Are you ready?" Father Jim asked me. I nodded and he signaled for pianist to begin playing.
My eyes looked to the back to see Vivian and Karen walking down. Then it was Claire. She came and took her place next to the others and my heart pounded faster as I saw Nicole walking down the aisle, her brother accompanying her. She looked gorgeous.

•••

- Nicole's POV -

After Claire was half way down. I began to walk down. I looked at Jacob and smiled.

"You'll be okay sis." he said reassuring me.

"Thank you." I whispered and we continued  walking. My eyes met Owen's and I smiled. It seemed like it took me forever to reach the alter and once I did. My hands were shaking even more than they were before.

My brother pulled back my vail and kissed me on my forehead. Taking the role that my father would have. Owen held out his hand and I took it. Taking careful steps up, especially since I wasn't good at walking in heels.

"Now, shall we begin?" Fr. Jim say and we both nod.

"Family and friends, today we are gathered here to witness and celebrate the union of Owen Grady and Nicole Jensen.  Over the past year, they have grown in their relationship and love and now they are here to make their hearts one. Now Owen, repeat after me."

Owen looked and me and smiled before he began saying the vows we wrote together.

"I love you Nicole, I know that you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and I am grateful that you came into my life, that where others have spent their entire lives looking for the other one, I have found you. And now that I have found you, I shall never let you go. I promise you Nicole, that I shall hold you and cherish you, and give you my heart, that I shall support you and care for you. Faithfully, I shall always stand steadfast by your side with you hand in mine, regardless of what life would bring us. I take you now as my wife and I shall remain so for the rest of my life." I can feel the tears start to well up in my eyes but I blink them away. I wasn't shaking as much anymore but I was still nervous. I took a deep breath and looked at Father.

"Now Nicole, repeat after me."

"I love you Owen, I know that you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and I am grateful that you came into my life, that where others have spent their entire lives looking for the other one, I have found you. And now that I have found you, I shall never let you go. I promise you Owen, that I shall hold you and cherish you, and give you my heart, that I shall support you and care for you. Faithfully, I shall always stand steadfast by your side with you hand in mine, regardless of what life would bring us. I take you now as my husband and I shall remain so for the rest of my life."

There was a moment of silence then Father Jim asked for the rings. Al, Jacob's youngest slowly walks over and hands us the rings. We each place them on each others fingers and say,

"With this ring, we now wed and we join our hearts as one." They was cheering but it was just a small buzz to my ears. I had my focus on one thing and one thing only. Owen.

"Now with the power vested in me, I pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Grady  Owen, you may kiss the bride." Owen pulls me close to him, his arms wrapping around my tiny waist, and I drape my arms around his neck and we kiss. Even louder cheering erupts from the slightly crowed church and I glance over at my brother and his wife, Karen, Vivian and Claire and the others, some of them crying. Happy tears, of course. We now walk down the aisle together as a married couple. We make our way out of the church and everyone continues to clap, cry or smile at us as we walk past them. If only Amelia and my parents were here. But they weren't.

•••

The reception consisted of lots of drinks, dancing, toasting, kissing and laughing. Owen's mother seemed to accept that I was now part of their family. Both David and her toasted to the both of us. Along with everyone else.

There were a few surprises here and there. The biggest one had to be Lowery and Vivian announcing their pregnancy. Owen and I were both very happy for them. I hugged them both and congratulated them. Owen's best friend, Robert was the last one to give us a wedding toast.

"Now, let's dance!" He said and everyone got up and moved to the dance floor. I think, I danced with everyone. By the time the clock hit 1am, I was absolutely exhausted. Claire and all the others stayed to help clean up some before we all left to go home.

"Bye, sis." Jacob said coming up to me.

"Bye, and please, keep in touch." I said before hugging him.

"Bye Aunt Nikki." Jacelyn, his oldest daughter, who was seven said to me.

"Bye Jacelyn," I said and she gave me a hug. The rest of them followed and then they left. Claire and everyone else stayed after to finish cleaning and I went to change before Owen and I left to go on our honey moon.

•••

A year passed since Owen and I had gotten married. And since then, a lot has happened. Vivian and Lowery welcomed a daughter into the world, who's name was Ellie. Claire and Michael got engaged. Zach left for college, Gray entered his Junior year of high school. It was mid spring when I called everyone and invited them to come over for dinner. All of them happily accepted.

As I got dressed in one of my nice dresses, Owen came into the room, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Hi," I whispered.

"How are you my love?"

"I am fine. You?"

"Just great. I cannot wait to tell everyone the news." he said and I smiled.

"Me too."

•••

By 6 o'clock, everyone was gathered in our living room chatting and drinking. I sat next to Owen on the couch and he leaned in a whispered in my ear.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," we stood up and everyone hushed, looking at us.

"I know you all think you're here dinner, you are but there's something else." I began, and I looked over at Owen.

"We would like to announce that we
are expecting a baby."

~~~~~~

And that my lovely readers, is the end of book two! The last one should be up soon! :) until next time....

-Kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 246 15
||Book 2|| Jane Grant decided to give it another shot and after many years came back on Isla Nublar to figure out why is Rexy acting around her...
227K 7.4K 31
Moving to California to start fresh to get away from an ex who broke your heart. Along the way you meet an old friend. She's your rock, your cheerlea...
187K 5.1K 19
Nicole works at Jurassic World. She has been working there for five years now. She works as an animal behaviorist and she also works along side Owen...
7.3K 207 8
"Sorry..." "It's ok." Zach smirks at her, which results in him getting smacked by the brunette. "Ow..." Zach said rubbing his arm. "Toughen up Mitc...