Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

23- rainy night camping

703 77 18
By shinymewgirl

It had been only five minutes after Night and I started walking and that's all it took for a heavy rain to set in. I only had whatever possessions were in my Pokèbelt, everything else was with Red and Silver, including my spares clothes. Which means that I'm stuck in my soaking attire until they find me.

I hugged myself tighter, leaning against Rio's damp mane. Night had gone off to scout the surroundings and try to find somewhere drier for me to stay other then the big tree we'd found just beyond the tree line. I didn't feel safe staying the the actual city which was just beyond my line of sight. The weather wasn't helping with the mood or my nerves. I was scared of how close we still might be to where ever I'd spent the past few days since Night still hasn't given me a direct answer to how far away we were and the thought of going back terrified me.

The familiar sandpaper like feeling of Rioyaru's tongue against my cheek snapped me from my daze. She licked my cheek a few times more, until she was sure she had my attention. ~Your X-transceiver has been ringing for like five minutes.~

I shook my head, droplets of water flicked out of my hair, most of which landed on Rio. I pressed the answer button on the device strapped to my wrist, not before identifying the caller as Red through his ID he'd set himself. "Hello 'Emma's hot boyfriend'." I snorted using the contact he'd given himself.

"Hello Red's hot girlfriend." He smirked back.

"Oi! I'm right here you two."

"Where are you guys?" My lips pulled into a tight frown. "Shouldn't you of been here by now?"

"About that... The only flying types Silver and I have between us is Charizard and Honchkrow. It's raining here, and there by the looks of it and it isn't safe for my Charizard to fly in the rain so it looks like we're grounded here until this rain stops."

I let out a groan. "Really?"

Red nodded. "Sorry Em. Melody left about an hour ago to find you herself because she was worried about you, she shouldn't be to much longer."

"Okay." I replied quietly.

Red saw that I was obviously upset by being on my own any longer and offered a small smile. "It's going to be alright, this should clear up by tomorrow and then we'll be on our way. Okay?" He said, trying to reassure me.

I nodded and let out a small sigh. "I'm just scared..." I whispered, hanging my head in slight shame of being so weak.

"I promise we won't be much longer. Just hang in there... And get out of the rain."

"Okay." I replied quietly. "I'll talk to you later then."

Red smiled and nodded. "I'll check on you a little later, make sure you're doing alright. Okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." I said hanging up before falling back against Rio, running my fingers through her mane.

"Where's Night gone?" I mumbled, wrapping my arms around Rio's neck, taking advantage of her internal body heat as a fire type.

"Right here." Night snorted coming into sight, shaking her fur free of water, also showering Rio and I with water.

"Did you find somewhere dry to stay?" I sighed, hugging myself tighter.

Night nodded. "Corse I did. Let's go." She chirped, skipping back the way she'd come.

I sighed and dragged myself onto Rio's back,  it being bothered to walk myself as the last of whatever Team Prosperity had injected into my system was still wearing off.

My Legendary Pokémon waited until I was on comfortably before she bounded after Night. ~You okay Em?~

"I'm fine." I mumbled. "I just wish Red and Silver were here. I don't know what to do."

~You're a smart girl Emma, you'll figure something out.~ Rio told me softly. ~It will all turn out right. I promise.~

I nodded, looking forward at Night threw the rain. "I wish I could be so sure. Nothing seems to work out for me, just when I think things might turn out right for me it all disappears before I have a chance."

I pulled my hood further over my face, shivering as the rain continued to soak through my clothes. "How much further Night?" I called the my fire type out front.

"Just up here." Night replied, obviously annoyed about the rain. She was a fire type and unlike Rio, she couldn't stand the rain.

A small cliff face came into view, a small cave jutting from the side. I slipped from Rio's side and entered the cave, Rio ducking in behind me. Both my canine fire Pokèmon shook the water out of their fur, making in cover me instead.

"Hey." I growled, glaring at them both. "I'm cold enough thanks."

Night shrugged and started to dig out a small pit, most likely to start up a fire. I pulled out the rest of my Pokèball's, letting them out so they could help set up the cave since we'd be staying here the night. The trio of littlies gathered around me while the rest of my Pokèmon either ducked out of the cave to get her wood and supplies or assisted in fire making.

I hugged Trixie close, her internal fire seemed to burn warmer then normal but that might just be because I was so cold. Trixie licked my cheek and nuzzled my neck. "Mama cold." She giggled.

I smiled at her and stroked her head, using my other hand to stroke Petunia's flower. I looked up to see Rio had succeeded in lighting a fire in the centre of the cave. I removed my jumper and sat it down near the fire to dry while shuffling closer myself, still shivering from my soaking attire. I wrapped my arms around myself as Guardian curled herself around me with Dreamer, Petunia and Trixie. I counted off my Pokèmon figuring that Hope, Trust, Faith and Melody were the only ones missing, with Hope, Faith and Trust out collecting supplies for our night in the cave. Rio curled herself around both Guardian and I, as well the three little ones. She swung her tail around to be laying across all of us to keep us all warm.

I smiled to myself, snuggling seeping into the furs of my Pokèmon before I noticed that Night was sitting all in her own at the other end of the small camp. I remembered that Night had always been the outcast of my Pokèmon, never fitting in with them all.

"Hey Night, come here a minute." I called.

Night raised her head and gave me a surprised look but came over to me all the same. "Are okay?" She asked sounding worried.

"Yeah." I replied casually as she came within my reach.

"Then what do you want?" She sighed, flicking her neatly groomed tails.

"This." I smirked, throwing my arms around her neck and pulling her into the group.

Night yelped in surprise, stumbling and falling into my lap.

I pushed her next to me so she could share the warmth of the group. Night looked up at me with confusion while I gave her a friendly smile, leaning against her with one arm still holding her close. "You're apart of the group to, so you should sleep with us."

Night didn't reply for a moment, her gaze brushed slowly over all my Pokémon who were all giving her accepting smiles. She smiled back after a moment, resting her head against my shoulder. "Thank you." She whispered, closing her eyes a moment before looking up at me.

"You're one of us now, all normality is gone."

Night smirked at me with the smirk only she could give. "Normal? Who said anything about normal? I'm me and there's nothing you losers can do about." She said with a flick of her mane.

I hit her over the back of her head while rolling my eyes. "Don't push it."

All my Pokémon burst out laughing, even Night. I started soon after.

~What in Arceus name is going on?~ Hope asked from the entrance to the cave, a large leaf with a pile of different berries sat next to her.

"Nothing~!" Night smirked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, slumping back against my Pokèmon.

Hope rolled her eyes, dragging the leaf full of berries behind her. Trust quickly came to her side to assist her by taking the other side of the leaf. Faith was accompanied by Melody, the two also carrying a leaf of berries between the two.

Melody quickly dropped her side of the leaf and rushed to my side. ~Emma are you alright? I've been worried sick!~

I hugged her close to my chest, gently rubbing her back. "I'm fine." I told her softly.

~Completely?~ She asked, still sounding quite worried.

"Still a little lingering pain but I'm hoping it will where off soon. Other then that, I'm just cold." I reassured her.

~If your sure...~ Melody sounded like she didn't believe me but trusted my judgement.

I sighed and closed my eyes, feels exhaustion edge into my system. I sneezed before I was sent into a coughing fit.

~I think you've gotten a cold.~ Guardian snorted, brushing closer towards me.

"If I did it would surprise me." I replied glumly. "I've been freezing my ass off for the past week, and this whether really isn't helping."

~What happened mummy? Why are you scared?~ Trixie asked looking up at me with innocent eyes.

"I'll talk to you guys about it in the morning, okay? I'll tell you all you guys about it in the morning." I said quietly.

~You rest Emma, you've been though a lot.~ Guardian offered a small smile.

"You guys are the best." I smiled. "I owe you all one."

Hope, Trust and Faith joined the pile of Pokémon since they'd dried from going out in the rain to collect berries. I happily snuggled into my pile of Pokémon, using their warmth to keep me warm and used the calming rain sooth me into sleep, knowing that I'd be safe with my Pokémon to protect me.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 1705

Hiya guys~! So what do you think?

I kinda got bored half way through the chapter so the ending kinda drifted of a little... Sorry...

Welp, bye~! Imma gonna go watch more Yu-Gi-Oh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 7.3K 62
It's been a whole year since Emma left her friends and six months since she last spoke to any of them, the worst of it is that no one knows why. To t...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
13.7K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
69.3K 857 60
This story is discontinued because of errors and a lack of confidence. However, a remake is now being made and updated on Wattpad! I will be modifyin...