The Street Fighter

By beebee12345678

At the age of 17, Skylar Green is left to care for her 5-year old brother, Dylan. Her mother? Dead. Her fathe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Dreame
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 12

12.4K 422 122
By beebee12345678

I stood frozen in my position, my arms still wrapped around Shaun's neck. My face still buried in his neck, only my eyes peered over Shaun's shoulder to see Zach standing in the doorway.

At his sides his fists were clenching and unclenching. Why? I don't know, he's the one that barged in here. How did he even know where we lived?

I felt Shaun's head whip to the direction of the door where Zach was standing.

"I'm gonna kill you. You fucking bastard. You hurt her, maybe not just now but before. And for that, I'm gonna make you pay. Feeding her lies, making her put herself down. I can't believe I told you our address. I'm a fucking idiot." He was right in front of Zach now.

Before I had time to process Shaun's words he looked at me and boy did he look scary. He wasn't angry, no, he was pissed. Not good when it came to Shaun. Earlier on I was only scared because he was angry because of me. He had never been that angry with me.

Now that it was someone else it was a different story, especially when he was pissed. And trust me, there is a big difference.

"We're moving out, I'm not letting you stay here as long as he knows where we live." He spat Zach's name out.

I shook my head. "Why? It's okay if he knows where we live and another place will be too expensive. I understand that the area's a little shady but-" I didn't understand what he was talking about or why we had to move out.

"What do you mean why? What are we doing still chatting?" He went into the bedroom and I followed seeing Dylan on the bed, earphones in and on my phone. How and when did he get here?

Shaun brought a suitcase out from underneath the bed and opened the drawers which were filled with clothes.

I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Shaun we need to think about this before we jump to conclusions. I can't get my parent's money until I turn 18, remember? I know this place isn't the best place to live but any other place will be too expensive." I reminded him.

"We can make it work, we have to make it work. I just don't want him to hurt you like he did before." We were now sitting side by side on the bed.

Zach came into the room and Shaun was instantly on his feet.

"I've never hurt Skylar before, why would I do-" His sentence was cut off when Shaun's fist went flying to his stomach. Then another. Another, this time to the face.

I stood up and walked over to him, "Shaun, stop. Listen to me Shaun. Please! Stop!" He listened to my cries and stopped.

"He wouldn't hurt me Shaun, it's okay. Don't hurt him, please." I said.

"He's hurt you before, it's going to happen again. How can you trust him, what makes you think it won't happen again? Huh? Tell me Sky, tell me."

I was about to tell him when another fist went flying but this time it wasn't Shaun's. No, it was Zach's. He had just punched Shaun in the mouth, splitting his lip.

They both had at least a little blood on them but apparently that wasn't enough. Zach then kneed Shaun in the stomach. I knew Shaun could fight back easily, heck, he could kill him. But I knew that he wouldn't do anything to him because of me.

He didn't want to see me upset or angry with him because he didn't listen to me so I knew for a fact that was why he wasn't fighting back. And him just covering his head from the pain being inflicted on him proved it. I had to do something. And fast.

"Get off him Zach. Stop! You're hurting him. Please! Shaun you can fight back, I won't get mad at you. Get off him Zach. Stop!" He ignored my pleads but I think it was because he couldn't hear me. "Fuck you Zach." I punched him across the jaw making his head snap to the other side.

"Don't hurt Shaun. Now explain to me what you're doing here," I told Zach.

"So you side with him? He threw the first punch."

I helped Shaun up even though I knew he didn't need any help. "He stopped, you however started and on top of that you couldn't stop. Couldn't even hear me telling you to stop."

Shaun decided to speak, "See? He's violent. This is why we need to move. Like I said he's hurt you before, he's going to hurt you again. If you're running from him why would you be okay with him knowing where you lived?"

I was confused, "What are you talking about? Zach would neve- oh. Oh." Realisation dawned on me.

"Shaun you've got it wrong, I thought you were talking about someone else earlier on not Zach. Are you kidding me? I told you all of that and you weren't even on about him? You were on about Zach the whole time."

"So if you weren't on about this bastard, who were you talking about?" He asked me.

"I wasn't on about Zach, that's all you need to know." I responded.

"What do you mean, all I need to know? Who was it?" He questioned, louder this time.

"I can't tell you," I mumbled.

"Can't tell me? Why? Because it's Zach? How do I know you're not just covering for him?" He shouted then pointed at Zach.

"It's not him alright? It's not Zach," I shouted back.

He was gripping Zach's collar in a matter of seconds. "Ah, so it is him."

He raised his fist, about to land another blow on him but before he could, I stopped him by shouting.

"It was Uncle Anderson alright? Mum's brother-in-law. Her sister's husband. Happy now? Are you happy?"

His hands dropped to his sides, letting Zach go. Shaun turned to face me.

"W-what? How? What did he do? I-I'm sorry, I didn-" he cut off his sentence, "Sorry. I know you don't like me asking. I just-I just wanted to protect you. To make up for not being there early enough in your life."

He dragged a hand down his face, "I knew you weren't lying, but I just kept..." He sighed.

"Shaun, it's okay. I understand what you mean. I know you, you wouldn't be here if I didn't know you. I wouldn't love you if I didn't know you or understand you." I reassured him.

He pulled me in for a hug and mumbled into my hair, "I'm sorry Blue."

I felt arms wrap around our legs. I smiled down at Dylan and he grinned up at me, "Family hug?"

I let out a quiet chuckle and pulled away.

"Now that that's all cleared up, can we get back to normal?" I questioned everyone. They all nodded.

"Great, come on Zach. We'll um, have to get you cleaned up." I dragged him by the arm into the bathroom, ignoring the warmth that spread through my arm.

He hopped on the counter whilst I got a cloth out. Running it under water, I cleaned up his face. It wasn't that bad only a bloody nose, of course a few light bruises would form on his stomach. Apart from those, the only bruise that was visible was on his eye.

I left him sitting there to get some ice from the kitchen.

"How is he? Shouldn't be too much damage, right?" Shaun asked, no signs of even getting into a fight showed on his face. Probably because his bottom lip was rolled into his mouth.

"He's okay, just a bit of a black eye. But no, it's not that bad." I put the ice into the cloth then headed to the bedroom which was connected to the bathroom.

I held the cloth against his bruising eye, standing in between his parted legs.

"I'm sorry Skylar." It was just a simple sorry but it meant a lot. He seemed like he didn't say sorry very often.

I shook my head, a small smile on my face, "It's really not your fault. And I'm sorry about all of that and punching you. It was the only thing I could think of to get you to stop."

He chuckled, "Yeah, you've got quite a punch there. I think it's gonna leave a bruise."

I nodded, "Just a slight one, hardly visible."

I took away the cloth and he jumped down. "I'll get going then. See you at school?"

He followed me into the living room and to the door. "Sure and thank you for picking Dylan up." It was only in the bathroom that I realised that he had picked Dylan up from school and dropped him off.

"Anytime babe," he said, smirk on his face, knowing we weren't within hearing distance of Shaun.

"Don't call me that, I'm not a pig." I said.

"Whatever you say, babe." He shot me a smirk before walking away.

"I'm not a pig!" I shouted after him and shut the door after hearing his distant chuckling. But I couldn't help the giddy smile that was on my face. Or hide the fact that the name made me blush. Just a little blush.

I turned back around to come face to face with a smirking Shaun.

What is it with these boys and their smirks?

"You like him. As in like like." Shaun stated in a confident tone. I choked on my own spit at his accusation.

"W-what? No. No I don't. How can I like him like that if we're not even f-friends?"

"Ohmygosh, you so do like him. You're even blushing." He rushed. "Oh no. I need to get into over-protective brother role next time he comes. Hey, why didn't you warn me? You should have warned me he was coming." He whined and crossed his arms, he even added a little stomp. I swear this muscly, strong man acts more like a 4 year old than he does his own age.

"Warn you? You invited him. And I don't like him." I stomped my foot. I guess we're no better than each other.

"Oh yeah. Okay, he fights well. Not as well as me, obviously." He flipped his imaginary hair over his shoulders. "Which means that he'll be able to protect you. That can be round one." He stopped to think.

"I can fight too. I don't need protecting." I countered. He waved me off with his hand.

"Ooh, I know. Round two. Make him jealous. That will be funny more than anything so we'll need another round. Hmm," he went back to thinking.

"I don't need to make him jealous," I responded. He just ignored me.

"Got it. Round three. Intimidation. Let's see how far he'll go to get you. Which do you think will do it? The knife or the gun?" He asked me.

I stared at him like he was crazy. "Um, here's an idea, none. Let's stop this he's not going to like me."

"You're right, the gun. I would have gone with the knife but gun is probably better. Good choice." He smiled at me.

Was he even listening to me? Scratch that, there's no question about it. Of course he wasn't listening.

"But I won't scare him too much. It's okay." Then he leaned in forward as if he was telling a secret and whispered, "Don't worry, I secretly ship it."

What. Is. He. Talking. About?

And he walked to the bedroom leaving me there wondering what some boat has to do with this. And whether I should call a mental hospital or be worried for Zach.

I didn't particularly like hospitals (it didn't matter if it was a mental hospital, it had the word hospital in it) so I guess I should be worried for Zach.

Good luck Zach. You'll need it.

A/N:

Sorry about this chapter, I don't really like it. And it's a bit short. But it will have to do. Sorry and thank you for more than 2.5k reads.

I was so excited when I got 100 reads. It's already 2500 reads. Thank you so much and hope you are enjoying it so far.

Leave a comment and tell me if you're liking the book so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 9.7K 51
Highest Rating: #73 in TEEN FICTION Cover is fan made :) "Being a nerd had destroyed my self esteem enough; I'd had it." People can be cruel. Many do...
265K 10.7K 24
Sudden death changes everything. Started with a slap, a punch, a kick or two. Until it got to more, more than Skylar Rose can handle. Skylar's mom to...
3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...
168K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...