Bitten

By drweirdhasthecure

Sam, a normal...ish teenager is dragged head first into a world full of the supernatural after she is bitten... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

47 4 2
By drweirdhasthecure

Sam's P.O.V

I never thought I'd be walking through these halls again. It felt as if I was in a dream.

First period had just started, which meant the basketball team was getting ready for training. Walking into the gym I spotted a guy I hadn't seen for a long time.

"Ash!" I yelled sprinting over to my old captain.

"Hey Sam." He said with a big grin.

"Couch is right you look horrible." He said eyes scanning my face.

"You didn't do anything stupid like becoming anorexic did you?

You know how I feel about girls not looking after themselves." He asked looking concerned.

"No, it was nothing like that." I replied shaking my head.

"I just got really sick." Ok. I know that this is a total lie but what am I supposed to tell him? That I'm a werewolf and my "boyfriends" (still not exactly sure what our relationship is) brother kidnapped me and kept me hostage in a dirty back room? NO WAY! People already think I'm a bit strange, that'd be adding Fluro yellow icing on an already crazy cake.

"What did you have?" He asked eyeing me skeptically; Still thinking it may have been something more.

Oh shit, shit, shit. What should I say had? It has to be something that lasts a long time and makes you unable to get out of bed... Thinking back to biology I tried to remember the list of sicknesses that my teacher had given me. Ah. Got it!

"I had Glandular fever." I said simply.

"Oh, how long does it usually last?" Ash asked.

"From as couple of days to a couple of weeks usually but I had a really bad case." I said mentally sighing in relief.

"That's good. As your captain it is my responsibility to get you back into shape." He said smiling.

The other team walked in and I saw some boys that I recognized, the boys from the carnival.

Their eyes widened looking at me however they quickly diverted their gaze not wanting me or couch to catch them staring. couches whistle singled the start of the game. My wolf smiled as she purred with pure the ecstasy that the sport gave her. stealing the ball, I scored a few goals and I could already feel he old me coming back as missing pieces of the puzzle clicked into place.

By the end of the game I couldn't help the grin which spread across my face.

"Good job Sam. See you at next weeks training?" Ash asked.

"Of course." I said high-fiving him before I went into the lockers to have a shower and get changed.

* * * * * *

Dean and I sat on my couch. Something which I had dreamed about doing during all the time in that moldy old room.

I would say that the movie was good but I honestly don't know since we talked throughout the entire thing. Closing my eyes, I sighed happily. Wolfie, is something wrong? I asked as I felt him stiffen beside me. Danger. His wolf said. His wolf had never been one for words. Opening my eyes, I saw some people I never expected to see again. My parents! I exclaimed. I need to go. Wolfie said standing up quickly and disappearing out the back door. What's wrong? I asked raising to follow. Sam your parents are hunters... I stood staring blankly at the place where Dean had disappeared allowing his last words to sink in.

"What!" I almost shouted, covering my mouth I went through what I knew about hunters but the only thing that came to mind was something that Dean had told me, Hunters kill anyone that has been changed even if they're family. I am so screwed!

Dean what should I do? Will they try to kill me? I asked rapidly as worry clouded my brain. Don't worry babe I left because they would be able to tell that I'm a werewolf but you're safe for some reason hunters can't tell if it's one of their own. Just act normally don't give them any reason to suspect you. He answered calmly before becoming silent.

Ok. Ok. I can do this! It's just my wacky parents. Nothing to fear. Haha, who am I kidding? I am in such deep shit. They are the most intuitive people I know. They always knew when something was wrong with me before I did. A sharp knock at the door pulled me out of the black hole which was my mind.

Walking slowly over to the door my hand lingered for a few seconds on the handle before I pulled it open. My parents smiled at me for a little bit before their happy looks changed to one's full of worry.

"What's wrong darling?" my mother asked reaching up to touch my face. Jerking back, I backed away deciding pretend that the only thing that was wrong was all to do with them.

"What's wrong?!" I shouted allowing all the real anger to pour out of me from the vault that I had kept bolted for a long time.

"How about you ask all the missed birthdays and holidays? You know the ones where I didn't even receive a phone call or even a measly letter with we miss you on it; Or how about school graduation? You guys are defiantly not getting the best parents award, no you guys get the absent parents award with a star for every year you were gone. How many do you think that would make... lets see, that would be seven stars and a 100 percent best effort at being the worst parent's sticker at the bottom!" Turning away I slammed the door in their faces before allowing myself to break down. I had promised my self that when they returned I would not let them see me cry and that was a promise that I would not break. Leaning back against the door I listened to them, and all the tell tale sighs.

"Well, that went well." My mum tried act unfazed but her tone was too high showing just how flustered she really was.

"Come on at lest she talked to us. We feared she wouldn't even do that remember?" I rolled my eyes. My dad had always been optimistic, the glass half full type. He was optimistic to a fault; it was annoying as all hell when he played of major thing as the smallest of problems. I remember a time when I had broken my leg he wasn't worried at all he literally told me don't worry you just have to wear a cast for a couple of months. Yeah right mister 'it'll be fine' you try wearing a bloody cast for that long then come back to me'. My mum however was the complete opposite. She was the glass half empty and she worried a hell of a lot. Honestly I don't understand how they can stand to be around each other.

Standing I walked out the back door and over fence. As I walked aimlessly around the streets of my neighborhood I decided to go to the one place that helps me calm down.

* * * * * *

Sitting by the river I listened intently to the wildlife sing, in a strange harmony. My wolf purred with pure bliss. I closed my eyes bathing in the sunlight which glimpsed through the branches of the canopy of trees. Opening my eyes, I was no longer human. My eyesight had sharpened dramatically allowing me to see the slightest movement below the waters surface. The sun felt amazing against my fur as I gazed of into the distance watching rabbits bounce around in the long grass, to lazy to chase them. All that was missing was Wolfie and this day would have been perfect. I heard heavy fast paced foot steps from a distance away breaking twigs and crunching foliage as they continued to approach. Sensing danger I slipped away into a crevice in the cliffside, waiting for the danger to pass.

The man approached my favorite area scanning it for I don't know what.

"Found it." He yelled out. After a short time, more people entered my area. Two other tough looking men and a young girl of around 20, I had a strange felling that I knew her from somewhere but I just couldn't pin point it.

"This is definitely it" said the large man with a scar on his right cheek.

"The werewolf den." Said the girl nodding.

"We should tell April and Oscar about this as soon as possible" the girl continued. Why would they want to tell my parents about a wolf den... Unless these guys are hunters too... Shit!! How will I get out of this one?

* * * * * *

After a very long time of laying in the crevice my body began to cramp and I felt as if the space was becoming smaller around me, I didn't know what to do but what I did know was that they would find me eventually so I would have to make a run for it before they did. Looking around my surroundings I noticed a particularly dense part of the woods, the question was could I make it there without being noticed by the four hunters who had set up camp.

Closing my eyes, I took in a deep breath before bolting towards the trees. As soon as I was beyond the tree line I instantly felt safer. Listening intently to the hunters from my position I began to feel relived.

"Did anybody see that just then?" the girl asked. My body stiffened. Had I been seen? Am I in trouble?

"See what?" one of the men asked.

"Just a movement I saw it from the corner of my eye." She replied.

"Must have just been a rabbit. Those pesky things are everywhere." He said

"You must be right, she said smiling uneasily before looking off in my direction." Go. She mouthed the word slowly so it was easy to read as I watched her, her eyes glowed a bright pink before returning to their natural colour. A werewolf with the group of hunters... this is strange very strange indeed. Turning I heeded her advice, walking inside I heard my parents talking from the kitchen. I knew they had a key it just felt good to slam the door in their faces after all the time in which all my letters to them came back with return to sender scrawled messily across the envelope in my elder sister's hand.

I loved my sister she would occasionally call me to see how I was going in the first two years but after that the call just suddenly stopped and the only thing I saw of hers was the writing across the front of the unopened letter. For a very long time she had been my role model, she had argued with my parents when she learnt that they were leaving me behind; I had heard the whole thing but none of their reasons had made any sense to me but she must have known something that I did not because after that she stopped arguing. She then started to distance herself from me. On the last phone call that I had ever had with her I asked her why she had done that, she answered 'so that it would be easier to leave you.' And then she hung up.

Walking up the stairs I went into the bathroom and had a quick shower before slipping on my plaid pajama pants and a black singlet, collapsing onto my bed I pushed my face into my pillow before looking down at my phone which lay on my bedside table I had a few missed call from an unknown number. And a friend request on Facebook.

A Facebook request from none other than my sister.

After all this time... my sister was finally ready to talk.

The instant I had excepted the friend request; my phone went crazy. She was spamming my messenger like no tomorrow.

Eden Turner: Sam, you have to get out of there.

Eden Turner: The other hunters want to kill you. I can't believe how much you've grown up. It was nice to see you again in the woods, hopefully next time its under different circumstances.

Wait a minute... that was my sister in the woods? Thinking back, I remembered thinking that I knew her. Wait that means that my sister is a werewolf!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 38 18
It was an attack that took everything from her a year ago. Her family and pack all slaughtered. She didn't know why or who, just that she had to run...
5.4K 155 18
Mack's a not so average teenager. And when she moves to a small town she never even knew existed, she meets Liam. She has a secret that keeps her fro...
494 12 9
After growing up in a small secluded pack, Kathryn is forced to leave everything she's ever known and is faced with reconciling her past. As it becom...
45.5K 828 14
Alexander Moon is a new student at what seems to be just another boring high school. That is until he runs into an angel who attacks him. When everyt...