The Hollows Of Hiraeth (βœ”οΈ) |...

By __queenly__

Have you ever feared for your life? Due to recent circumstances, Sky Forest knows that feeling like the back... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Seven: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Eight: Part Two
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part One
Chapter Ninety-Nine: Part Two
Chapter One-Hundred: Part One
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Two
Epilogue
β™” THE SEQUEL β™”

Chapter Eight

86 8 0
By __queenly__

^ Jameson ^

(Finally found an available chapter to show you Jameson, damn)

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   O f
H I R A E   T  H
_________________________________

I swung around to face Avery,

"What?" I exclaimed, the sudden force of the turn making my bag swing out and hit someone in the back. I gushed out several apologies but the boy just brushed me off and walked away, tugging at the hood of his black hoody so it covered his face. I frowned, but Avery pulled me away from any further thoughts on the matter.

"Sky," Avery began and I waited for whatever pathetic excuses she would smother me with, "I don't want to get him in trouble–"

"Avery," I began my point by mocking her, "that's nasty; why would your gym teacher, a male recent graduate of this school, 'accidentally' walk in on you changing–"

"I don't know–"

"And then organise a meeting with you in the gym office just to rape you with his eyes?" My voice was well off the 'inside voices' range and many people turned to give me weird looks.

"Would you quiet down?" Avery hissed in response but I just glared at her, "plus, he wasn't raping me in any shape, way or form." I raised an eyebrow at her as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"He only looked at my boobs." Avery put in as she continued to try and reason with me. I rolled my eyes; because that totally isn't a big deal.

"Look, I know I'm guarding a female weakling, but you don't need to talk about boobs in that level of loud voices." Jameson came up behind me and slid into the conversation easily as if he had mastered a degree on it. After slapping him on the chest for the 'weakling' comment, I snickered, however, when I looked over at Avery, she looked mortified.

"What do I have next?" I turned to look at Jameson, choosing to ignore Avery's response so that I wouldn't fuel an argument. Jameson rolled his eyes at me, a silent reminder that I'm very unorganised and should probably memorise my timetable.

"You have to go to the clinic first, but then you will return to Maths," I groaned at the word 'maths'.

"Then, you have to go to the gym so I get another round of: "Omg my feet kill and I'm so sweaty so I think now I'll just drop down dead, casually." My jaw hung low at the rudeness and I slapped Jameson's arm as he did a very terrible impression of me.

"Come on!" I shook my head at him, "you are totally proud of me for surviving every PE lesson," I smirked and Jameson shook his head, only sparing me a chuckle. I turned to face Avery, but instead of meeting the eyes of Avery, I met the eyes of–

"Where did Avery go?" I asked nobody in particular.

–absolutely no one.

Jameson took that as a sign to guide me to the clinic so that Dr Zerski can check my wrist and maybe take off my sleeve. Fingers crossed.

Jameson pushed open the clinic door and held it open for me—we exchanged smiles as I thanked him. Walking onwards, I was the first to open the door to Dr Zerski's office and was greeted by a gleeful doctor.

"Sky, hello!" She grinned up at me and I smiled back.

"Good afternoon," I responded, sounding chipper, before taking a seat, watching as Dr Zerski smiled up at Jameson.

"Jameson." She nodded curtly at him and he returned the favour, taking a seat beside me. I glanced back at Jameson, wondering how on earth he seems to be on a first name basis with everyone.

"Right," Dr Zerski wheeled her desk chair around the desk to sit directly opposite me. "Let me have a look." I held out my hand for her and she grasped onto it. She felt around in certain areas, looking for a response every time.

Dr Zerski then grinned and let go of my arm, wheeling herself back around to the other side of the desk.

She looked up at me, "pull off the cast; give your arm a little air." I looked up at her as if she was crazy. To be honest, she probably is.

She laughed at my response, "don't worry, you can slip it off and on now, just make sure you wear it when doing something that requires a lot of physical activity, or just when you think you'll need it." I nodded in response.

Jameson turned to face me, silently offering to pull off the sleeve. I shook my head, only trusting myself not to pull off my arm along with the sleeve. I slowly, and carefully, edged the sleeve off my arm.

When I finally got it off, the air hit my arm like a hurricane. My skin tingled and my arm flinched as the cold air embraced the clammy limb. Jameson watched as my arm got used to the air and I gave him a small smile when he realised I had noticed his gaze.

Whilst writing her notes, Dr Zerski spoke up and drowned out whatever Jameson would've said, "it would help me if I knew exactly what happened to your wrist," She looked up at me with raised eyebrows. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Jameson looking at me.

God, this is so hard. Of course I want to tell her, but, one: Jameson is here, and two: I can't tell anyone; I'd hurt Jameson's feelings for sure; he can't lose someone close to him—I know what that feels like, and it isn't nice. I wouldn't want anyone to go through the same ordeal unnecessarily.

"You know, it's not even that big of a deal." I lied. "I can't even remember exactly what happened, all I know is that I fell on it." Well, that wasn't a full lie, I did fall on it.

Dr Zerski nodded, her piercing eyes still evaluating the situation, then she looked at my bare arm. "What lesson do you have next?" She inquired and I glanced up at the clock above her head. Surprisingly, and very fortunate for me, I only had ten minutes left of Maths—I guess I got to the clinic late.

"I'll take her straight to her last lesson in the gym." Jameson spoke for me, his gravelly voice bouncing off the walls and smacking me in the eardrums. Dr Zerski nodded and I decided to slip my sleeve back on since I had PE next, meaning physical activities. Yay.

"Come back here at the end of the week and we will see how your wrist is doing, then we can think about taking that sleeve off for good." Dr Zerski smiled and I returned the favour, standing up and going to reach for my bag, only to find that Jameson already had it in hand and was standing at the door.

I wished Dr Zerski a good day and then followed Jameson out of the office, "I can carry my own bag," I told him as I stuck my hand out for my bag. Jameson rolled his eyes but gave me my bag nonetheless.

"I'm carrying your gym bag though." Jameson stated and I shook my head at his persistence as he took my locker key from where it laid in my palm. He unlocked my locker and took out my gym bag, handing me back my key after he had locked it.

On our way to the gym, however, the air became awkwardly thick as Jameson started an unwanted conversation. "Why don't you want to elaborate on what happened to your wrist?" He asked when we were walking through the cafeteria. I nearly bumped into someone in shock.

I bit my lip, as I walked a little behind him, but it appeared to help me; he couldn't see me as I lied. "Because I can't remember much." I told him simply.

"And that's a lie." The conversation ended there as I refused to respond or acknowledge his response—which, of course, surprised me; how did he know I was lying?

And, so, we made our way to the gym and, unsurprisingly, were the first people there. Jameson handed me my gym bag and we went our separate ways to change. Once changed in my workout clothes, consisting of some leggings, a sports bra and a loose fitting top, I sat down on the bench and waited for other people to arrive.

"Forest?" I looked up and around for the voice that called my last name. A girl in sports gear stood in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest, appearing to be waiting for me, so I stood up and displayed a friendly grin for her.

"I'm going to want you in the other gym hall, I need to test you on various different things so we can assess you–" I mentally groaned, "–seeing as you are new, correct?" I nodded and she held the door open for me.

"I'm Haylee Brookes, sports captain of our year." I nodded my head, trying my best to look impressed. Kill me now.

She guided me to the other gym, making small talk about my old school and sports. When we finally arrived, she pulled the door open for me and we both walked through. We were immediately greeted by a receptionist sitting at a desk, who was sifting through folders.

"Forest and Brookes for the initial assessment," Haylee told the lady, who had smiled up at us upon our entry, and she nodded in response, tapping away at the keyboard.

"That will be in hall six." The lady told us and Haylee instantly went speeding off.

"Thank you." I said respectfully to the lady and she smiled gratefully at me. I sighed before running after Haylee, worried that I'd lose her in the gym halls. She was standing by a door and, on my arrival, she opened it, beckoning me in.

I now faced a very big sports hall, the walls were plain white but the floor was green, and lined with different colours to section off the courts.

"Two laps warm up." She instructed and I raised my eyebrows but quickly threw my hair up into a ponytail. Then I hit the track and started my two laps.

When finished, I found myself to be very tired—I guess not having a long run for a while has finally caught up with me.

Haylee threw me a bottle of water and I chugged it down eagerly. Haylee then pulled out a clipboard and a stopwatch, "Now we begin."

_________________________________

Great ending I know haha I'm great #selflove

There was only a little smudge of #skyson, but who enjoyed it?

I very much do ship them #english

Ooh and some Sky and Avery action (#skavery?)

Sky is beginning to warm up the life in the academy wheyyy

I shall see you soon

Byee!

–Chloe

Next update: Sundayy wheyyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
1.6K 541 39
❌ "...every soldier in the room froze...They turned, focusing their burning eyes on one single thing, me. In a matter of seconds they were all on the...
3.2M 93.5K 54
"Are you ready, baby?" I'm asking her as much as I'm asking myself. She never lets her eyes leave mine. "Mm," she nods and I push all the way in. Her...
6K 1.4K 52
A storm is raging, deep and strong Penetrating the walls of despair, Its angry façade slowly growing, Beneath the happy faces, it bears. -tintinspy ...