The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?

3.7K 124 39
By TrisEaton4610

Attached pic has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the chap but hey it's hilarious amiright?!?! Haha 😂

Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?

Zeke

"The medicine hasn't given any bad side affects so that's really good." Isaac, Shauna's doctor exclaims. "But it also hasn't made any progress yet so that's a downside... But we'll be keeping you on it for a while and hopefully it will start to work over time."

"Okay. Thanks man." I say shaking Isaac's hand. "I will come in and check in again with you same time tomorrow Shauna, okay?"

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere so that'll work." She jokes. Then he smiles and nods then turns and leaves the room, probably having to go tend to other patients.

"We leave really early tomorrow morning." I say sitting down in the seat next to her bed. "I won't be able to stop in before I go."

She sadly nods, "Just promise me you'll be careful, please. And try to get the rest of them out safely too. Maybe whip David's ass while you're there as well?" She says cracking a smile at the end.

"I'll try and I hope with the first two, and I'd love to do the third." I chuckle leaning in and giving her a peck on the lips.

The loudspeaker begins to speak. "Attention all visitors in the Infirmary. Please note that visiting hours are now over. They will begin again tomorrow at eight o'clock. Have a good night."

"Just please be careful and don't get hurt. And find the rest of them. I love you so so much." Shauna rushes to get in and I press my lips to hers, tears threaten to fall out of my eyes but I don't let them. I feel her tears on my cheeks from our faces being so close.

I pull away even though it feels way too soon. "Don't worry. I'll stay safe. The rest of them will be too. Chris told me earlier she'd keep you posted so keep you're phone on. I love you." I pull back and hold her face in my hands, wiping her falling tears with my thumbs. Then I lean in and press my lips right between her eyebrows.

"Now you do me a favor and don't go running around the compound if that medicine starts working while I'm gone, okay?" I laugh.

"I promise."

"Love you. I'll see you when I get back."

"Love you too. Be careful!"

I walk down the hallways to the doors of the Infirmary, wanting, waiting, hoping for the day that she can follow me, walking on her own legs.

Tobias

"Come on Indy! I've gotta take you to my mother's apartment. I can't have you here home alone tearing the place up while I'm gone."

He eventually sits still and I clip his leash on. I already have all of his stuff rolled up in his big dog bed like his food bowls, some toys, his food, some treats and of course his leash that is on him.

We get out the door and walk down the hall to mom's house. I've been training Indy to walk next to me when we go around the compound so eventually I may not really need a leash on him because he's a smart dog, but he's not ready just yet. Sometimes he still gets excited and pulls me in a different direction or wanders off while on the leash forgetting he's on it, then he gets jerked by me.

We get to her apartment and I knock on the door. She answers within seconds.

"Hey mom." I say letting go of Indy and going into her apartment. Of course Indy barrels in and runs around probably looking for Holly, the cat.

"Where should I put his stuff?" I ask her.

"I guess his food and bowls in the kitchen and his bed wherever. He usually moves that around to where he wants it anyway." She says chuckling at the end.

I head into the living room and put his bed down right next to the TV, then I go into the kitchen and out his food and bowls up on the countertop, then I go out back by the door next to Mom.

"What time is everything starting tomorrow?" She asks.

"Leaders have to be down in the Main Building before three in the morning, everyone else that going has to be there between then and four. We are hoping to have everything set and ready by eight and leave Chicago around ten."

"Wow. That's early."

"Well, we need to get them back as soon as possible. Mostly all of them need some kind of medical attention, and being there an extra, even only an hour won't help them. The first plan was to go in tonight and do it all in the dark, but we figured that even with GPS and stuff we still wouldn't be able to find our way around. We think it'll be fine even if it's not in the dark. They show no signs of real security even though I'm sure they'll put up a fight in the building."

"Well that makes sense. I'm sure you all will succeed. Just please be careful, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will."

Indy comes over and plops down by my feet, his brown and black tail thumping on the floor as he wags it.

"Bye boy. Be good, okay. Leave the cat alone." I say patting him on the head and scratching under his chin.

As soon as I stand up Mom wraps me in an embrace.

I think I've forgotten how thankful she's come back to be my mother, not a sicko who thirsts for power, but finally to be my mother. I don't know what I would've done these past three years without her being here for me, along with the rest of my friends.

"Be safe, okay. I love you."

"I will."

I open the door to leave but before I step out she touches my shoulder, stopping me.

"Go and get your girl back." She whispers smiling. "I'm sure she can't wait to see you, along with the rest of your friends."

I smile then close the door and walk back to my now quiet apartment.

I wish for sleep, but of course it never comes. I already have too much adrenaline and nervousness coursing through my body for tomorrow.

Also all of the 'what if's wrack my brain along with it.

Everything will be fine, right?

Someday soon I'll have Tris right next to me in this bed right?

She's alive right now while I'm laying here thinking about her, right?

No one will get killed, right?

I'll see this room again, right?

Life will be okay again, right?

All of the stress builds up inside of me and I can't help but yell.

"What if everything doesn't go okay?! What if Tris doesn't make it here?! What if she's dead right now and I don't even know?! What if a bunch of people get killed or are already killed?! What if I never see this room or the compound ever again?!" I yell.

"WHAT IF LIFE IS NEVER OKAY AGAIN?!" I yell.

I take deep breaths, my ears ringing and the world spinning.

"What if they already know?" I barely whisper.

"What if the already know and are waiting for is to attack and have the perfect to snipe all of us?"

"Josh said they have everything ruled out and are sure of our secrecy, but what if they kept it secret from us?"

"What if they already know...?"

A/N-

Heyyy humans!

So I'll be around when I can this week, but I've got band camp starting tomorrow through Friday in the afternoons for two weeks....

Not that most of you care but for those of you that do, that's why I may not be very active.

Okay then.... Not much else to say...

35.3k reads!

Anyways....

Thanks for reading!

Stay amazing!

Don't forget to

Vote!

And

Comment!

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.9K 47
A Divergent fanfic from Four's younger sister 'Sonia Eaton' POV. It is the aptitude test, Sonia is one of many 16 year olds taking the test to see w...
2.1K 36 11
Note: If you haven't read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, this story contains spoilers!! ALLEGIANT - ALTERNATE ENDING. I wrote this a few years ago when...
297K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
347K 7.8K 38
After Allegiant, tris wakes up and figures out she never died, but everyone thinks she was, she was simply in a comma for a year then tested on for a...