Hunter: Cursed

By ellarose12

Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. --- After battling w... More

1st May 2012
Chapter One.
2nd May 2012
Chapter Two.
3rd May 2012
Chapter Three.
3rd May 2012
Chapter Four.
7th May 2012
Chapter Five.
8th May 2012
Chapter Six.
18th June 1869
Chapter Seven.
15th May 2012
Chapter Eight.
17th May 2012
Chapter Nine.
17th May 2012
Chapter Ten.
19th May 2012
Chapter Eleven
22nd May 2012
Chapter Twelve.
27th May 2o12
Chapter Thirteen
30th May 2012
Chapter Fourteen
4th June 2012
Chapter Fifteen
8th June 2012
Chapter Sixteen
10th June 2012
Chapter Seventeen
14th June 2012
Chapter Eighteen.
14th June 2012
Chapter Nineteen
16th June 2012
Chapter Twenty
20th June 2012
Chapter Twenty-One
21st June 2012
Chapter Twenty-Two
26th June 2012
19th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Four
23rd July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Five
25th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Six
26th July 2012
Chapter Twenty-Seven
4th August 2012
Chapter Twenty-Eight
7th August 2012
Chapter Twenty-Nine
13th August 2012
Chapter Thirty
14th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-One
16th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Two
18th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Three
18th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Four
20th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Five
26th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Six
29th August 2012
Chapter Thirty-Seven
The Diary of an Ex-Tracker
The End...?
Hunter Series

Chapter Twenty-Three

3.9K 289 29
By ellarose12

"So, how much trouble are you getting us in?" Penny asked nervously.

"You only get in trouble if you get caught. We won't get caught." I assured her.

The snort of disbelief that followed only made me roll my eyes and we did a circle around the ruins of what had once been a temple for Zeus. I figured if you're going to try something, you may as well start at the top and the big guy was top of the top from what I'd read. All that remained now though was a bunch of pillars and Alfie inspected those around us as if he was reading a dictionary.

"What do we do if someone see's us? There is like a main road over there."

"Disappear, it's why Alfie is here!" I give him a pat and he nods, before going back to inspecting old stone. "If I'm being watched, just like last time, they're going to know I'm here."

"Why did I agree to this?" She groaned, taking a seat on the grass beside on the pillars. "There isn't anything here Elise. It's just, old ruins and grass that needs to be cut. You'd think they would have hired a gardener or something!"

"If nothing else, these lights make your hair look awesome."

Instantly she smiled and ran her fingers through her ponytail. The lights set up around the site had an orange tint to them and her red hair looked as if it was on fire. "Yeah, I was thinking that too."

I took a seat beside her and waited for Alfie to join us before I wondered if Penny had a point. Had I just got lucky last time?

"Um, Zeus? Your almightyness? You here, at all? Anyone?" I called out.

Nothing.

"Maybe they don't like you." Penny helpfully suggested, before mumbling under her breath. "No idea why!"

Before I could answer Alfie was suddenly on alert, his body encircling us as he rose up ready to strike. Penny instantly pulled out her gun, while I held onto my sword in anticipation of what was to come. The lights all flickered, before shutting off and the silver wedge of the moon was all we had to see by. In the distance, lightning flashed over the mountains and in the blink of an eye, the storm had moved so it was practically on top of us. Totally normal, right?

"Ah, Elise-" Penny's hand grabbed onto my forearm as Alfie hissed before looking down to me. His question was obvious - stay or go? "Is that, someone is here!"

Penny was right. A large shadow of a figure stood at the other end of the pillars and as lightning tore apart the sky, it vanished - only reappearing in the darkness. That's just, great. Well, it's what we had come here for and putting a hand on Alfie, I stepped outside of his protection.

"Who are you, show yourself!" I demanded.

More lightning, and the shadow disappeared only this time it was gone completely. Cautiously, I started to move forward and since Alfie kept close behind me, Penny had no choice other than to follow too. As thunder rumbled overhead, I was positive there was underlying sounds of laughter and closing my eyes, I listened closer; trying to get a feel for the area around us. We were definitely not alone and as a cold breeze went by my left side, I spun around and raised my sword as Penny squealed in fright.

I wouldn't say he looked scary enough to get such a reaction, maybe she just hadn't sensed his arrival like I had and there was no denying the way her hands shook as she pointed the pistol his way. Not for the first time I started to regret my choice in companion, but there wasn't anyone else I really to ask. Logan wouldn't agree to it, and the others would probably use it as a chance to practice some of what Cain had spent the last three weeks teaching them!

Focusing on our new friend, I was a little surprised he was dressed so modern - in jeans and a plain white button up shirt; that had one too many buttons undone around the top His leather dress shoes looked expensive too and some how I could imagine him feeling right at home posing by a Vespa for a luxury watch commercial. There was something about him that screamed attractive, which was strange since the harsh lines of his face were not overly appealing.
Maybe it was the hair, shoulder length ringlets that would make most women envious or it could just be the fact his skin actually glowed which left him with the same affect a bug light has to mosquitoes. I decided to keep my thoughts to myself and kept my mouth shut in the process.

"So you are, Elise The Hunter." The man casually leaned against one of pillars, looking bored above all else. If he pulled out a mobile and started to check his Facebook, I wouldn't be surprised. "I expected you to be taller."

"She is tall." A female mumbled from behind him and stepping out of the darkness, Artemis offered me a smile. "Taller than you, Hermes. Be nice to the girl."

Hermes sighed dramatically, finally standing rather than leaning. "Can we get this over with?"

"You shouldn't be here." Artemis frowned as she approached. "It is not safe."

Did she actually care or was the way she looked around like we were about to be ambushed a clue she was more concerned about their well being than mine?

"I have a question, well, it's more of a proposition."

"Why should we believe your words? You made it clear which side you stand!" Hermes spat. And everyone thought I wasn't a people person.

"I stand with no one. I want this to be over, as peacefully as we can manage."

"Lies! We know your arrangement with the Fallen one." He glared, his eyes a bright white that reflected the lightning that still danced above us. "Art, it's getting harder to hold them back."

"I told you once before, you have chosen to help him, so we can not help you." Artemis placed a hand on Hermes shoulder. "Relax, my friend. You can hold it a little longer."

"I want to help everyone. There has been enough death, can't you understand that?"

Hermes snorted. "Says the one who wields a sword that feasts on the blood of Powers."

"She did us all a favour with the destruction of Buluc Chabtan!" Artemis scolded, losing her cool and calm exterior.

"Whose side are you on?" The pair faced each other, clearly furious yet in the blink of an eye, Artemis calmed herself.

"I'm sorry Huntress. You should leave, this place is not safe for you especially when you seek us so, unprepared and alone."

Alfie hissed at the threat that laced her words and only Hermes flinched slightly at that. Artemis didn't even blink which was impressive considering the show Alfie was putting on. Even if be feeling nervous if I was on his bad side.

"Won't you even hear me out?" I begged. "Please!"

"Art, he draws nearer. We need to leave!" Hermes glanced up as a bolt lightning struck the earth not too far from where we were standing.

"Speak." Artemis nodded.

"What if I can get Cain to agree to stay here, in this realm and stop his attempts at returning to yours? Will you leave us all alone?"

Artemis only frowned, the look seeming unnatural on her pretty face as she reached out to stroke my cheek. "Oh you poor girl."

Hermes burst out laughing and Penny moved to stand by my side, crossing her arms defensively and for a second, I think she wants to slap him. Artemis gave him a look that had him going quiet, but not for long.

"That, that is funny! You should be pledging your life to the goddess Artemis right now for having me close the portals between our worlds so the others could not destroy here and now! Never have I heard something so, stupid! Change his mind? I should release the portal now and let them put you out of your misery." He spoke so arrogantly, I wanted to slap him now.

"Your offer comes from a good place Hunter, but your attempt will be futile. The one you called Cain, will not alter his path. We must go, and you would be wise to do so too. Be safe." With a nod to Hermes, the pair vanished.

That wasn't how I had hoped it would go at all. Then again, I wasn't really sure what I was expecting.

"So, they pretty much said what everyone else did. You can't change Cain's mind Elise. Everything that is going on is pointless. We're going to have to fight, again, and this time, I don't like our chances of coming out if it alive." Penny sighed, her shoulders drooping in defeat. "I wanted to believe it was possible Elise, I really did."

"I know, thank you for coming with me." I reached out to Alfie as Penny linked her arm in mine and prepared to go home.

Only we didn't.

"Ah, this isn't your parents house. Alfie, you get a little lost with all your flashing here and there?" Penny didn't drop my arm as we looked around the room.

For a second I thought we had gone back to Sobek's underground temple, and playing Tomb Raider again wasn't really high on my list right now. Alfie looked around, the soft lighting from the torches that had been lit in each corner allowed us to see, not that there was anything to actually look at.

"Alfie can't." He groaned, his whole body shuddering with the effort of trying to get us out.

"It's okay, we'll work it out." I assured him, running my hand along his neck. "Do you feel that?"

"No?" Penny kept close, her eyes wide and fearful. "Oh, that. Yes."

There was a vibration in the air that had my skin crawling. Every muscle tensed, eager for what was to come as all my instincts told me it wasn't good. There was no where to hide, and nearing a torch, it was too high and big for us to try and bring down. Al we had was an Alfie, a few swords and I had no idea how many rounds Penny had brought along for her gun.

"What's going on?" The fear was obvious as Penny stuck to whispering.

"I think we're being watched. What ever it is, controlled Alfie's movements to bring us here." It made the most sense. "Stay close okay."

"Is it them? Those Powers or whatever? Oh god, what if Henry had acted as a decoy and it was part of their plan to take us?" Penny panicked.

"Henry? Hermes, Penny. I don't think so. I think we can trust Artemis, despite what she said about not being able to help. Her brother did give me his dagger and neither have attacked before. They could have taken us out tonight, she is known for her hunting skills!"

"Good point, but then how do you explain this?" She yelled.

"Bad directions." I don't hold back the sarcasm and she only glares at me. "There has to be a way out."

"Wrong!" A new female voice answered; well more like blurted out.

Instantly Penny and I went back to back, while Alfie circled us. "Who is there?"

A chorus of whispering filled the room and it was hard to pinpoint the actual location of where it was coming from. The words all muffled together until it was just noise, but it didn't last and the first words I heard made my stomach drop.

"There have always been three."

"This was a mistake!" Penny cried. "We shouldn't have left! Why do I listen to you?"

"Shut up, I got this!" The look on her face tells me she doesn't believe that for a second.

I leave the pair of them after ordering Alfie to stay and moving to the middle of the room, I look up - half expecting a bunch of people to be staring back at me, but instead I'm met with the same stone as the walls.

"Here I am! You brought me here, so what do you want? Answer me!" I scream into the nothingness around me; my voice echoing back as the murmur vanishes and we're left with little more than the crackling of the flames.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move, then again and spinning around, there was no one there. Penny had her face turned against Alfie as she managed to stop crying, and yet the distinctive scuff of shoes against the floor was evidence enough we weren't alone. Then they started talking again, only now it was just two and I could hear them as if we were standing together having a chat.

"He said he would mark her."

"I don't see a mark."

"Did he lie? No, they know. They have seen it. Where is it?"

"I don't see it."

"Open your eyes then!"

"I don't need to. I can see just fine with them closed!"

"Hello?" I ask hesitantly.

"She's too thin."

"I like her hair."

"Pretty face."

"I thought she'd be taller."

Again with the height? How tall do they expect me to be - I didn't think being five-ten was exactly tiny. "Excuse me, but I can hear you. The least you can do is show yourself!"

"Is she talking to us?"

"I think she is."

"No. Yes. Is she?"

"Yes, I am talking to you!" I turn to look at Penny who is still holding onto Alfie, but she looks just as confused as I am. "Please, show yourself!"

Nothing happened.

"Are you there?" I ask unsure.

"Impatient isn't she?" Came a voice from behind me this time.

"The young ones always are!" Another mused, sounding quite young herself.

"Elise, behind you!" Penny called out and turning, I froze at the sight of the two figures standing there. I couldn't see their faces since the hood on the long black robes they had on covered everything. I also had no idea why they mentioned my height either, since I was taller than both of them.

"So they can see us now?" The voice took on some kind of personality; raspy and ancient, the old lady underneath seemed amused by the development.

"Yes, they can." A more patient tone answered. "If you are the marked one, show us your symbol."

"The curse?" I answered dumbly, yet found myself rolling up the sleeve of my shirt to reveal the image of the moons. "This?"

"Oh yes, that's it!" The older woman clicked her tongue clearly pleased, though how she even saw it was beyond me since they didn't even move. "Look at that, this is definitely her."

"Why are we here?" Glancing over my shoulder, Penny had started to approach.

"To save you of course. Silly girl taking on the Powers like that! What ever were you thinking?"

"I was trying to find a better way-"

"There isn't one!" She snapped, cutting me off. "It's how it's always been and how it will always be!"

"Why? Why does it have to be that way?" Arguing with robes - yup, new life highlight right now.

"She talks too much." The smallest figure huffed.

"This was your idea." The younger one retorted.

"Who are you?" Penny interrupted.

"Oh look, it's a Grimm! I wish I had my book, I'd get her to sign it!"

I was starting to get a headache and from the sigh that came from the younger woman, I wasn't the only one.

"You're the Fates, aren't you?" I started to hope that wasn't the case at all, but things rarely worked out how I wanted them to.

"So you're expecting us? She's good isn't she?" The older one whispered to the other. "Smart. I like her."

"You've been told then, of your destiny?" She asked ignoring her companion.

"Of my curse, yes." I corrected.

"You see it that way now, yet it will not always be. We've waited a long time for you, Elise the Hunter."

"Grab a ticket and get in line. I don't want this."

"The next time I see you, you may answer differently." She said knowingly.

"Why, what could possibly change my mind?" I can't stop myself from arguing with them; the way everyone is so cryptic and mysterious - acting like they know everything, but rarely sharing it. I hate it. I make my own destiny, I am in control of my life; not them!

"Losing it. We will be all you have left and you will follow Cain to the other realm. It has been seen, and all that has been seen, can not be undone." She croaked, lifting her arm to reveal a withered old hand. I froze as she took my arm, running a finger over the full moon. "It's already begun!"

Looking down, the full moon was just an outline now with the first quarter shaded in. "When the moon is full, it will be time."

"No, it won't. I refuse to just, accept this! Fate can change, Portia and her visions-"

"You don't have a choice!" She hissed, once again cutting me off. "The Oracle and her visions are mere child's play to what we are capable of!"

"You don't know me very well then!" I pull my arm free of her hold and quickly push back the hood to reveal - nothing. It had a hand, it touched me...

A cackling laugh rang out from the space in front of me. "We wouldn't put ourselves at risk like that, perhaps you are not so smart! They're hunting us too you know, there is a reason the third one hasn't been able to survive for very long!"

"She is strong, yet so young!" The other seemed happy to think that over.

"The third always is! Will it be enough this time?"

While they spoke about me and all my pros and cons, I remembered what Taini had told me - that the third never lasts. If Cain was punished for killing one of the Fates, who would kill one of them again knowing the consequences, but not only that, go a step further by hunting down the remaining two?

"Who are you hiding from?" I ask, patting Alfie as he nudges my arm. He's just as confused as the rest of us.

"Them, the Powers." Oldy whispers as her hood once again falls over an invisible head.

"Why? Cain killed your third and they banished him, why do they now seek to kill you?"

"Why would they want us to survive? All we do is is see the past, play with the present and shape the future. Even they can not stop what we see, they are not above our law!" She roared, sounding more defiant with each word. The old girl clearly had some spirit left in her. "We knew what would happen. His journey has always been one of suffering. That poor boy."

"If what you say goes, why make it so hard on him? Why not, um, just give him a happy ending?" And in the process, fix I dunno - everything!

A golden roll of string suddenly appeared between the two figures, glowing in such a way you just wanted to touch it. Penny's hand slowly reached forward and I quickly slapped it back down. There was power in that thing, and I didn't want us to be involved with it.

"What?" She snapped.

"Don't touch." I warned.

Penny huffed, and ended up putting her hands behind her back as if to fight the temptation. Even Alfie was appearing to be hypnotized by it and I really didn't like that.

"We only ensure what has been decided comes to fruition. Each life is measured, entailing a journey set out just for them." Oldy's cloaked arm moved over the roll, and a black thread began to unravel. "Tragic really, to be cursed in such a way. The darkness he was born with has forever tainted his path. He is not like the other Powers, never will be."

"Why are you showing me this?" Though, I'm not sure I want the answer.

"Because only you, can cut this thread. The question is, will you?" The other woman asked.

"What?"

"I think they want you to kill him." Penny whispered, oh so unhelpfully.

"No!"

"But Fate is telling you to!" She argued.

"Why? Why should I kill him?" I yell at all of them. Here we are again, I may as well be with my Dad and Zane some can all have this argument once and for all.

"Why not?" Oldy questioned. "What's he ever done for you, really?"

"Um, saved my life?"

"What will he do for you in the future?" The other asked.

"I dunno, but-"

"We knew what our third needed to be. He knew this, she told him when he killed her. So far, all he has done for you, is for him!" The pair nodded, the hoods moving as if on their own accord.

"I don't get it, what is he really getting out of all of this? A way back to his realm? Seems like a lot of work and if he is as powerful as he makes out - why cant he just go back?"

"Do we tell her?"

"No. Yes. I- I can't see how this will end."

The pair start to talk amongst themselves again, a chorus of voices drowning out their actual words and looking at Penny, she merely twirls her finger by her ear and mouths 'crazy' at me. I have to agree, but if two crazy people have been behind it all since the beginning we're so doomed. Just what was in it for them, and if they actually expected me to join their side, this wasn't the way to do it.

"Elise, we need to get out of here!" Penny whispered, looking at Alfie. "Any luck in getting us home big guy?"

He shook his head. "Alfie tried, Alfie can't!"

"You're a good boy for trying Alfie." I give him a couple of pats and try to think of a way out. Sobeks tomb had hidden buttons and things, this room had to have them to. Then again if we taken here mid flight, maybe that wasn't the case now.

"This is your mess, chosen fateful special one! Fix it!" Penny poked me, hard, in the arm. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was a little pissed off.

"Ow!" Rubbing the spot she touched me, I didn't want to tell her how clueless I was. Next time she might poke me with something else - like the end of her gun. "I'm thinking okay!"

"You better be! If I die here, I'm going to be haunting your ass so bad, you'll be-"

The voices stopped and so did she, both of us inching closer to Alfie who looked around still completely confused about the noise and where it was actually coming from.

"We can't tell you anymore." The pair said in unison.

"You got us here, the least you can do is-" Penny started to rant.

"We can't risk you telling, him!" Oldy croaked. "Until the full moon, fare well Hunter."

The duo disappeared and so did the room, leaving us standing in the middle of the same arena Cain had taken me too what felt like years ago. I'd barely taken a breath of fresh air when he appeared, looking like Darius - a very stressed and homeless version of the vampire form anyway.

"Where have you been? How did you get here?" He demanded, yet under the anger his relief was obvious.

"Two fate, witch people things took us!" Penny blurted, before I could even try to come up with something. I needed time to process everything and clearly I wasn't getting it. "They want Elise to kill you!"

"Subtle, Penny. Real subtle!" I glared at her and instantly she clamped her hands over her mouth.

"What is she rambling about?"

"Nothing. She doesn't travel well with Alfie airlines." I lie.

Cain thinks this over, clearly not believing me and yet we end up at the academy. The field between the bar and oval, yeah that field, has been transformed into the training ground and the sounds of those eager to learn from him greet us. The clang of swords, the echo of gunshots and the screams of the people giving all they have to the idea that this will save their lives, has already become a familiar sound - even in such a short time.

"Oh thank the gods!" Penny exclaims, looking around in disbelief. "I bought we'd never get home!"

"Welcome back to Kansas Dorothy." I mumble, making her frown. "If only I could drop a house on you!"

"Well I'm sorry in not the one who is used to crazy shit happening to me and-" She shuts up, glancing towards Cain. "I'm going to my room. I'll talk to you later."

Penny literally runs to the academy and looking at Alfie, I tell him to go too. Neither of us says anything, and if I could crawl under a rock right now I'd gladly do it.

"You weren't with the attacked at dinner and when he said you planned on spending the night with the Grimm, for 'girl time', I got paranoid." He starts.

"Why? I can do girl time!"

"You can, but you never do. These last few weeks, I can't shake the feeling you being my one member cheer team has an ulterior motive. So, just disappearing, seemed odd."

Well when he put it like that...

"Plus I sensed you and the snake missing from these parts. Stranger yet, I couldn't actually pinpoint your location."

"Maybe you're just getting old and those, senses, aren't what they used to be?" I shrug.

"Perhaps."

He wants me to say something, to crack and spill my guts on what was really happening. It's all in the lead up to him revealing he knows more than what I'm supposed to think he does - dad does it all the time, or used to when he still bothered with attempting to ground me.

"Right, well, good chat. Thanks for the zap home and I'll ah, see you tomorrow at training." I barely take two steps before he is in front of me.

"Just before you go, how did you get the arena?"

"Bad directions?" Going to walk around him, he blocks me again.

"Fate. Witch. Things?"

"You know those Grimms, they just love to tell stories!" I laugh.

"True. I just, I can't help but wonder what story she would tell about tonight, if I were to go and ask?" He's completely screwing with me now.

"I'm on your side." I tell him instead. It's been bugging me for a while, but Artemis was right when I first met her; I had already chosen.

"I know, you already told me."

Now I'm the one annoyed. "What?"

"I just wanted to make sure it was legitimate and now I know." He passed it off so simply. "I made you forget. Remember?"

And now I did - in Huntington's office and he'd made it only me forget, but Alfie too. "You asshole!"

"I had to be sure."

"I can't even-" frustrated, I throw my arms in the air and this time when I stomp off towards my parents house, he lets me go. Almost.

"I don't know what they told you Elise, but I know they still see me as who I was and not who I am now. Don't let them make you think like they do!"

"Well congratu-fucking-lations! Until now, my opinions regarding you have always been own, but you, ruined that all by yourself. You should have trust me, because there's a part of me that has always trusted you, no matter how evil or bad they've told me you are."

This time when I keep walking, he doesn't stop me - despite the fact he is yelling after me to. I think about the black thread, knowing it's a lie. He has cared about me, about all of us at some point. His intentions may be selfish, but even now - he could have simple kept me locked away until the right time as Selene had done with Jordan. Cain didn't have to let himself trust me, there is no need to help the others how he is. We don't have to be friends, he has no obligation to let me stay with my family.

The following morning I watched him showing Zane how to improve his strength when sword fighting. The pair sparred and actually laughed together a few times when ever Zane would nearly best him. My first idea of truly befriending him and giving him a purpose so he would want to stay here had been right. Cain was lonely.

"I don't like that look on your face." Huntington came and sat beside me, following my gaze to Cain and Zane. "Much too thoughtful."

"You have visions, see the future. I was told it's all been decided upon and that I can't change fate. What do you think?"

"Elise, when it comes to you I've never known what to think, but telling you that you can't do something is usually a sure way to ensure that you do!" She smiled, reaching out and taking my hand. Pulling back my sleeve, she closed her eyes and ran her thumb over the mark. "Ah, so it has begun!"

"Did I pick the right side?"

"Who says there is one?" Not quite what I was expecting. She was supposed to say yes, sell me on Cain and give me some idea I wasn't already losing my mind.

"That doesn't help me at all." I sigh.

"Would saying yes make you feel better?"

Thinking about it, she had a point. "No."

"Sometimes when everything is falling apart, they are actually just falling into place." She patted my hand before letting it go.

"That's something I'd expect Ailin to say."

"Maybe that is who I heard it from?" Portia wondered, giving me a cheeky grin and a wink.

And then, just for a moment, she really was Ms Huntington; the woman I had always known. Headmistress, fill in grandmother and someone I could talk to. I missed her and how we used to be.

"Maybe!" I agreed, returning her smile.

She was right about one thing though, telling me I couldn't do something usually left me determined enough to do it anyway. Unless that's what they wanted, but I really didn't think the reverse psychology component was at play now. It was more on the, 'do no touch, wet paint!' than the 'don't do this because we actually want you to do it' side of things. Either way, I planned on finding out.

------

So, I'm sitting here reading this and then the next chapter while trying to do the one after that and I'm just not 100% on where this is going. It started off good (well I thought so- with how it all came together...) But now to end it, not so sure. We'll see - just be prepared for a delete and start again post if I can work this out :/ Sorry for the delays in updating again too xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 116 23
Bridget Sheehan has three major problems. 1. She is a vampire, and has no idea how it happened. 2. Someone is trying to kill her (most likely witch...
535 85 27
(LGBTQ+ fantasy) This is book 2 of The ShadowHunter Series. Please go read book 1 (The ShadowHunter) first!!!! This book won't make sense if you...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
6K 579 26
Vampires have Slayers. Werewolves have Trackers. Everything else has a Hunter. And then there is Elise Bunting. ___________________ Simply w...