The Ghost's Diary 👻 ✓

By mszame

[COMPLETED] [THE NUTCRACKER meets CHAMBER OF SECRETS meets HAMLET] PREVIOUSLY ADDED TO THE OFFICIAL @mystery... More

00. Foreword
01. Fifteenth Birthday
03. New Lab Partner
04. The Missing and Unexpected
05. 'Tighest' Ray of Sunshine
06. Observing Too Much
07. The Voices
08. The Painting
09. Rookie Sherlock Holmeses
10. Fade
11. Inner Thoughts
12. Realisation
13. Into the Cemetery
14. Wandering
15. Where Red Roses Lie
16. First Memory
17. The Ghost's Story
18. A Long Walk
19. Dwellings
20. Storms and Silence
21. Lost
22. Laughter and Music
23. Second Memory
24. Chandelier
25. Core Personalities
26. Asphodel
27. Rain
28. Stained Glass
29. Third Memory
30. Belle
31. Petrichor
32. Macabre
33. The Other Devil
34. Gone
35. Mirror
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part I)
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part II)
Bonus Chapter: For the First Time (Part III)
36. Ghost and Glow
37. The Art Of
38. House
39. Wuthering Pages
40. Glass Castle
41. Hellfire
42. Ashes
43. Shadows in July
44. Transcend
45. Twilight in February
46. Letters
47. Begonia
48. City of Silence
49. M. M
50. Teenage Psychology
51. Shatter
52. Five
53. Blizzard
54. A Wilting Flower
55.1: East of Eden
55(Part II). Mere Mirage
55(Part III). Breath of Azrael
55(Part IV). Striped Carnation
55(Part V). Matter of Perspective
56. Through Centuries
57. Promise
58. Grave of Embarrassment
59. Promised
60. Always
61. Only Felt
62. Flares
63. Still a Spark
64. Currents
65. Sins of the Fathers
66. Embers and Ashes
67. Forever Couldn't Break
68. Instruments of Our Souls
69. Want You Back
70. Daffodils
Deleted Scene I: Goodnight, Kathy
Deleted Scene II: Blood and Water
Picspams + Family Tree
The Ghost's Diary Spinoffs

02. Brother Sister Conversation

12.9K 180 179
By mszame

"Good morning, Lindsey and Ms Bag... I mean Ms Bragge, " my brother, Dylan, says.

What is he doing here?

He's usually asleep at this time and he always comes home after my bedtime. I even don't remember the last time I saw him, a few days ago, a few weeks or months.

He has always been a shadow figure in my life. The kind of a hooded figure that disappears right when you think that they are behind you.

His appearance in my life is like that person who is at the back of a photograph, almost invisible and unnoticeable but still there.

At least, he remembers my name.

"I see you're up pretty early, Lindsey. I thought you wouldn't be up till 7.55." He smiles. "You always liked to sleep in."

Oh, so he remembers.

"It's a good thing I figured that I'd check."

I think Ms Bragge is still half asleep since she is not talking. I, on the other hand, am thinking.

Why is he here?

"Oh, look at me I didn't even wish you a happy birthday."

He remembers?

"Come with me, I have to show you something." He starts to get off his chair and walks out of the dining room.

My mouth is a little agape at the sudden intrusion but I quickly stand up and follow him.

After speeding my steps for a few seconds, I finally catch him. Dylan looks back at me, smiles and continues walking.

As we are walking I notice, for the first time, his fully grown body. He isn't the same skinny teenager who lost his parents and sister seven years ago.

Wow, he really does look ten years older than me. I guess I never noticed.

We start advancing up the stairs to the attic.

The attic? Really?

He holds out the shinning silver keys of the attic from his pocket to me. I reflexively take the crescent shaped keys and open the old wooden door. It opens with a light click. Dylan motions for me to go in and also follows.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You remember you always wanted to come here when you were little? Mum and Dad would never let you. You always wanted to see the ancestoral pictures of Edenfield stored here and explore."

Now, that he mentions it, this attic is kind of like the museum of Edenfield, our- I mean my house.

"Yes."

"Then go explore. If you like anything, take it. "

"Thank you..." I say faintly. He only smiles again.

I start looking around and spot a box. As an attic, it is full of boxes, but this one, intrigues me.

This box is sealed with a thin layer of some feeble duct tape which I just peel off. I open it and find some old decoration pieces in it.

I sigh, a little bit disappointed, and stand up. As I try to turn away from the box, my foot sinks into the hardwood floor with a small creak.

What the...?

I look down and find that my foot had been sunken into a loose floorboard. Shaking my head, I pull myself out of it but something catches my eye.

There is a book under it.

I reach down and take the book out of its misery. By closely examining the book, I come to the conclusion that it is actually an old looking journal with the year 1890 written on it. Now, it is 2015.

It really is old.

I run my thumb over its crimson-coloured cover. The years have cast their plague on the journal but it still is good enough to use. I open it but it is blank. I flip through more pages but they are also the same, pale yellow and empty.

While I was looking, Dylan also started to look at the old rusty pictures.

Edenfield has been home to the Knightleys for generations. My brother and I are its decendents. According to what my dad used to say. Well, it is pretty big and old, in contrast to the other modern houses in this neighbourhood.

"I'm done," I say as I hold the journal against my chest.

Dylan looks over at the journal in my hands. "That old thing? Well, it is your birthday, so what can I say."

I hold out my hand to take tge keys enclasped in them. He closes my hand and says, "Take it. Consider this as a present."

I don't know what comes over me but I hug him.

This is actually the first time we are having a sibling scene.

He's also surprised but he soon wraps his arms around me. I actually feel comfortable in his arms. But I decide to pull away.

He gives a faint smile and we leave the attic.

I glance at the clock and it's 7.45 already.
"I'm going to be late!"

"Go then. I didn't realise it would take that long. "

I run to my room, take my bag, hunt down any possible wrinkles on my school uniform and reflexively put the keys and journal in it.

Before leaving, I go and say goodbye to Dylan. He smiles and motions me to go. I run.

Thank you to daisydukexx for the beautiful cover on the side.

Anyway, avoid weird typos and Au Revoir;-)

Love,
MS Zame:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 22.8K 20
Seventeen year-old spirit medium Emily Chambers has a problem. Actually, she has several. As if seeing dead people isn't a big enough social disadvan...
37.1K 1.8K 19
Artemis Rhodes had been working a shift at her minimum-wage waitressing job when two unfairly attractive patrons handed her a flyer inscribed with on...
3.8K 765 14
[𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫]: Join Elena and Jake on journey around Los Angeles no one has seen so far, where they battle personal demons and emerge as a reun...
99.7K 2.5K 41
Lindsey thought she had it all figured out. This was her last year at University and she was happily engaged. That is until she told her family. No o...