Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1

68.7K 805 36
By Whines8

Enjoy

Whines8

*************************************************************************************************

After Jacob kindly invited Gabby along to spend the afternoon with us, I was so incredibly mad I could feel my ears getting hot. Not wanting to show just how mad I really was with him, especially in front of his mother - I know that would just please her way too much- I quickly looked away from Gabby, whom I was discreetly sneering at, and turned to look up at Jacob, “Hey, before we leave I’m just going to go to the ladies room really quick okay?” I told him and twisted out of his arm and turned to leave before he could even respond. I heard him say from behind, as I hightailed it towards the doors to go back in the club, that he would wait for me at the table. 

I didn’t respond to him as I made my way through the doors and into the hall where the bathrooms were. Right before I pushed the ladies bathroom door open to go inside, Lauren came speeding around the corner with her eyes narrowed at me. Before she even said anything I already knew what she was thinking and as she came to stand beside me by the bathroom door I hurriedly pushed the door open and rushed inside.  

Lauren didn’t waste anytime once we were both in the vacant area, “I completely understand what you were saying about that ex of Jacob’s now. She is one overly tanned sneaky female. And what the heck is Jacob thinking inviting her along with us today, this afternoon won’t be awkward at all,” she said sarcastically as she went on ranting saying some of the exact same things I was yelling silently in my head. 

As she kept on talking about how clueless Jacob was being and talking about how she officially did not like Gabby, I was over at one of the many sinks lined up against the bathroom wall looking into the mirror as I tried to get my temper to simmer and tried to come up with innocent reasons that would make Jacob want to be so nice to her and invite her along with us.  

Could he not see the things I clearly saw when she was around? Could he not see how fake she was being and manipulative? It’s like when it came to Jacob’s mother and Gabby he was oblivious to what they were doing no matter how obvious they were both being. Couldn’t he see that Gabby was nowhere near over him and couldn’t he see just how badly his mother wanted him and Gabby to get back together? All this and more ran through my head as my crazy best friend went on and on about what she thought of my current situation. 

After a few more seconds Lauren called my name, “Mia! are you even listening?” she asked me and I slowly turned to face her with a worried expression. As soon as she saw my face, hers changed into one of concern as she stepped up towards me, “I’m sorry am I making things worse with all my babbling? I haven’t even asked you what you think about all this,” she said as she placed her hand on her hip and waited expectantly for me to speak.

Shaking my head, I let out a deep sigh, “I don’t know what to think right now. I mean I know Jacob is with me and everything, but Gabby and him have history, a recent history and the fact that he was all too willing to invite her along with us, even if it was mostly to please his mother, makes me question a lot of things. I mean I don’t think he would just drop me to go back to her or anything, but it’s obvious that Gabby still wants him and you saw how his mother is, I’m up against two people. How am I going to stop his mother from pushing Gabby and Jacob even more closer together while she’s hear this summer and not to mention it seems Gabby knows exactly what to say to Jacob. She’s so deceitful and manipulative.” And beautiful and thin and a total opposite of what I am, I silently added as I stared at my friend. 

I went to look away when Lauren placed her hands on my shoulders, giving them a rough shake to get my attention back, “Hey, don’t do that, okay? Don’t start doubting what you and Jacob have just because of that walking mannequin out there. Jacob asked you to be his girlfriend, he wants to be with you. And besides he broke up with her its obvious he didn’t want to be with her anymore so I’m sure you have nothing to worry about, Okay?” she said before pulling me into a quick hug and softly adding, “And you don’t have to deal with Jacob’s crazy mother and his ex by yourself, I’m here Mia and I will alway have your back,” Lauren said and I smiled as her words echoed through the empty bathroom, because I knew it was true. Lauren would alway have my back and I took comfort in that fact.  

“Thanks Lau, and I know you do,” I said as we pulled apart. She smiled at me as she linked her arm with mine, “Good, now lets go before the guys come looking for us,” she said and we both walked out of the bathroom to meet back up with the guys and Gabby to leave.  

When we got back to the table outside, Jacob’s mother had already gone and it was just Derek, Jacob and Gabby standing around at the table talking as we came to a stop in front of them. Jacob looked towards me as I came to stand beside him, his expression wary as it seemed he was trying to see what I was thinking. Not wanting him to think I was being jealous or pouty I quickly gave him a small smile and laced my fingers in his and gave his hand a light squeeze trying to show him that I was fine even though I really wasn’t.  

It seemed to work as he gave me a breathtaking smile of his own before pulling me over to him and wrapping his arm around my waist. Leaning down towards my ear he whispered, “You ready to head out?” I nodded my head as I tried to get my body to calm down. A small shudder of pleasure went through me as his hard chest pressed into me from behind as he hugged me close to him before placing a soft kiss to my temple. Just that one simple gesture made all my earlier doubts drip away as I felt his lips press into my skin. 

From the corner of my eye, and to my great delight, I saw Gabby give a sneer of disgust as she witnessed the affection that Jacob was giving me, which made me feel even better. Lauren was right, Jacob didn’t care about his ex, he was just being nice for his mother. His attention was on me and me only and I think Gabby knew that as well.  

With that thought in mind I smiled widely as I glance to my side and up at the man I called my boyfriend and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek that made him grin down at me before pulling me towards the doors to exit the club with Lauren and Derek following behind us and Gabby trailing behind them.  

As we walked to the car, Jacob told Derek that we were going to stop inside his parents beach house first then we’d head out to the yacht, “Alright man, we’ll follow you,” Derek said before him and Lauren walked the other way to head to his car.  

When we got to Jacobs car, he turned around to Gabby, who has been silent since we left our table inside the club, “Alright Gabby, you can just follow behind Derek and Lauren and when we get to the beach house I’ll let you in then you can get whatever you need and meet us in the back of the house at the dock,” he informed her and she smiled brightly at him, “Okay that sounds great,” she said cheerfully and went to turn to leave. 

Jacob nodded at her and then turned to open my door so I could get inside. Just before I was fully in the car Gabby twisted back around to Jacob and called his name. Jacob looked over his should at the blonde haired woman, “Yeah,” he called back and turned fully to face her as she stepped back up to him. 

I watched with fire in my eyes as Gabby took her perfectly manicured hand and placed it on Jacobs forearm, “Thanks again for including me, it’s really sweet of you,” she said with a thankful, but yet flirty smile. I narrowed my eyes at the woman with her hand on my mans arm and resisted the urge to jump out of the car and yank her hand away from him.  

However, I didn’t need to do anything as I watched Jacob take a step back from her, effectively making her hand fall from his arm before giving her kind smile, “Yeah its no problem. Like I said earlier might as well try and be friends since we’ll most likely be bumping into each other a lot this summer.” 

I could have sworn I saw disappointment flash through Gabby’s eyes as Jacob stepped away from her touch and that made me smile at my Jacob. They said their goodbyes and Gabby even said a short goodbye to me before speeding off to her car and getting in. Once Jacob was in the driver seat of his car he backed out and waited for Derek to line up behind him, and Gabby behind Derek’s car before driving off out of the parking lot of the club and onto the street. 

As we drove down the busy roads, Jacob reached out and grabbed my hand tangling his large fingers into my small ones. Looking over at him as our hands linked together I gave him a sweet smile. Jacob lifted our intertwined hands to his lips and gently pressed a kiss to the back side of my hand, lingering slightly before pulling away.  

My breath caught in my throat as he did this and I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He could make the simplest touches seem like the most intimate and it drove me crazy every time.  

Jacob took his eyes off the road for a moment to look at me, “Thanks for coming today. I know my mother can be a handful,” he said with a apologetic smile before it turned into a serious expression and looking back at the road, “I didn’t know she invited Gabby to lunch and I know it might be a little awkward for you with Gabby coming along with us today,” he said then glance back towards me this time with promise in his eyes, “And I want you to know I have every intention of making it up to you later, I promise.” 

My breath quickened at the huskiness in his voice and the promise in his eyes. All I could do was nod as I got lost in his burning gaze. Once he seen my reaction he gave  a grin before looking back at the road while silently beginning to draw imaginary circles into the back of my hand with his thumb. 

Turning my eyes from him to my side window I tried to contain my own giddiness as the possibilities of what he could do to ‘make it up to me’ could be. All worries of Gabby gone for the time being as we road the rest of the way in perfect comfortable silence. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6M 516K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
163K 3.6K 24
Isabelle Mason is just your normal teenage girl who wants to have the summer to herself, instead her mother sends her off to a summer camp that she t...
104K 6.4K 44
(#1 in HEARTWRENCHING) She gave him a ride, and he gave her a million reasons to run him over with her car instead. *** Natalie Fisher (Natt) has hi...
13.6K 676 49
I trail my eyes slowly from his grey eyes to his lips, his chest rising and falling on a fast pace. "L-Lewis" i whisper, "yes sweetheart?" His hands...