Captivating The Uncrowned Pri...

By CamillaEldridge

I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wr... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Christmas' Special Chapter

Chapter Forty Three

17K 524 70
By CamillaEldridge

Chapter Forty Three

He did not let me leave the island. The island he bought for me.

He was showering me with flowers. He was giving me chocolates which my baby loves.

She loves all kinds of chocolates and too much is bad for her!

"Honey, dinner's ready." He gave me a kiss on the forehead, as he softly say those words.

"When will you let me leave?" I softly asked. It's been our second day here and I needed to go home and drink my food supplements and milk. I wonder if we have those here at the island.

"Did you not want to be with me anymore?" He asked.

I looked away. I do want him. I love him, but it wasn't enough now. It's not the only thing that matters.

I am a human too, and I've been tired of loving him, of being contented with residual love.

It's been three days now, thankful that my morning sickness was not attacking.

He doesn't need to know about the baby anymore.

Or maybe he does?

"Just follow me honey."

I took a deep inhale and heaved out a sigh.

He needs to know.

If he will think it was Mark's then I will wholeheartedly accept it.

If he will accept it as his, then I guess we needed to name our terms.

I walk down carefully, not wanting to trip over.

Vince had been good to me, and somehow, my heart is melting already.

I needed to give him a chance, he needs to know about Valerie Maegan too.

At a far I saw him, sitting on a carpet over the sand, just like how we did before.

I seated in front of him, which made him smile. "I prepared all your favorites."

"I think we need to talk..." I said, even before the smell of the food lingered my nose.

I felt nauseated, feeling something on my throat.

I hurriedly run to the nearest sink and throw up.

I found a hand holding my hair, the other caressing my back. "Are you okay honey? Are you sick?"

I cannot help but feel happy, but then this is only temporary.

Most of the times, when Vince is being demanded by work, by Katherine, or by others, then he will be with them, caring for them, being with them.

While I, I will be all alone, just like the past weeks, holding my own hair, controlling my weakening knees, cleaning myself up.

I gargled some mouthwash. Vince had a tissue ready, he carefully damped the tissue over my lips then removed the tears that formed over my eyes.

"Are you okay? Do you want us to go over the city? Do you need a doctor?" He worriedly asked.

I shook my head and headed over the living room. He silently walked after me, sitting beside me.

"Honey..."

"I'm pregnant. Seven weeks." I immediately said, not wanting to take time anymore.

He stilled and looked at me.

I cannot see any expression on his face. Does he think it is his? Counting on the weeks, he might thought it was Mark's, for four months I have been with Mark.

I looked at him, feeling what he feels, but then I think, he was thinking it is not his.

"If the first thought you had was is it yours? Then don't think about what I said anymore." I faked a smile.

"If you thought it might be Mark's then maybe we don't need to talk anymore."

I observed him, he looked away from me, his hand clenched on a ball, his other hand was over his chin.

"How long did you know?" He hiss under his breath.

"Three weeks ago. A day before Duchess Katherine had a check up."

"Three weeks?! And you never told me?!"

He was hissing under his gritted teeth, he was controlling his temper, his anger.

"Is that what you needed to know to sign the divorce papers?" I asked.

"Fuck that divorce papers! Why do you want me to sign them? For what? For Mark to catch you and our baby? Did you even plan on telling me?! Did you even wanted to tell me that you are planning to make Mark the father of my baby?! Or you wouldn't if I did not even caught you?"

He looked at me and with gritted teeth he hissed "You know very well how much I wanted a baby Monique. You know very well how much I wanted this! It will make me the happiest man being with you when you try on a pregnancy test...when you go to a doctor to see our baby...when you hear her heartbeat..."

"Vince it's not my intention to hide it..." I softly said.

"That's why for three weeks that we are together you never mentioned that you are pregnant! You deprive me of my right as the father!God Monique! You are even working for fourteen hours! What kind of mother are you?!"

That was the last button.

His face softened, "Monique, I'm sorry I didn't mean that..."

"Wow! Thank you! Yes. I was a shitty mother. I'm sorry for being one!" I said as tears fell on my eyes.

"Monique honey..." He touched me but I moved away from him.

"How about you? Where were you Vince? You were nurturing another baby while I am pregnant! I always plan on telling you but you pushed me not to!"

"You've been being a hero on other people and not your wife! All the time I thought the Kathy's baby was yours and I know how much you wanted that! I saw it on your face how happy were you as you hear her baby's heartbeat."

I looked at him and told him straight on his face. "I was hurt to know I was checking up on your baby too, the baby you have always wanted, the mother of the baby you have always dreamt of. The real reason why you chose me, because I was her replica wasn't I? It was what you made me feel Vince. That I am nothing but a replica, a living substitute of Katherine.

"All the time Vince, we have never been at the right time or the right place Vince...and you know what? I wish my baby was really Mark's. I wish I never knew you. I wish you never exists in my life. I loathe you Vince. I loathe you."

The next day, Vince's bodyguard told me that the helicopter was ready anytime I wanted to leave.

I did not even ask him where Vince is. I only nodded at him and told him I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

---

Two weeks passed and I did not hear anything from Vince. His guards brought me home, gave me a passbook named after me, with all the proceeds of the properties I sold.

Is he okay? I know I was too much with my words, words I can never bring back.

Today his lawyer called me, wanting to meet me up.

A little thought in my mind was hoping to see him, but I was wrong.

We met over a coffee shop, he was right on time and he did not even make any greetings or stories, purely business.

He brought out papers which I know what was.

Divorce papers.

I read over the terms, and frowned.

"One month?" I asked.

He nodded at me. "Yes Miss Monique. Mr Spencer is asking for a month to process your divorce. You needed no appearance. You just have to wait. Mr. Spencer does not want to stress you our on your divorce especially at your state."

A month for divorce was impossible! It should take at least six months!

"Moreover he was giving you back all you properties, which I believe you already had. As of now, biddings are will be happening for all of his businesses. He was selling them and instructing me to give them all to you and your baby. It was a rush sale but it might take two long weeks. It was his condition that's why he did not sign the divorce papers your lawyer gave us. He wanted to secure your future, you and your baby."

"After that another two weeks for the divorce and you are finally free. We will do anything we can to do it in less than a month but we assure you we will not go over a month."he continued.

I feel the lump on my throat. Why do I feel like I don't want to sign this? Why do I feel like this will be the last time I'm going to see him?

"Where is he?" I asked. I needed to see him. I want to see him.

He slowly shook his head. "We do not know Miss Monique. He instructed me over phone and I have not seen him personally. He just told me to discuss everything with you."

I felt sadness all over me. In two weeks I never did see him.

I feel like it was wrong to tell him those words, but another part of me says he deserve it.

But now that he is setting me free...why do I feel like I will never see him again really? That this will be our last connection. Did he not care about our Valerie Maegan? Did he not care about me?

Damn! Is this still the hormones or me?!

"You will get all the proceeds of his businesses. We will transfer it in your bank account. He also wanted all his properties sold in America and instructed us to give the proceeds to you. He was willing to sell them even at a loss, or you had an option if you wanted the property then we will not sell it anymore and transfer them to you."

"There will be trust funds for your baby too, may I ask madame what will be the name of your baby? Mr. Spencer told me to ask you, he wanted to know if you will use your surname or Mr. Woods after you marry."

What? He thought I was marrying Mark? He thought I will marry him that's why I am asking for divorce?

For the two weeks that we've not been I dropped Mark again, like a hot potato.

It doesn't feel right. Although Mark love me it never did felt right.

"And Ms. Monique, he fixed his license again. Mr. Spencer gave back Mr. Woods license."

Why? Why does Vince do this? Why was he settling everything here in America? Why was he selling his properties? Why is he being like this?

Why would he not even talk to me now?

I caressed my tummy a little. Baby, do you miss daddy? Because I do.

"Are you selling them now?" I asked, hoping they aren't.

"Not yet Ma'am. We needed your signature and we will start working on it."

That was the last string of hope that I needed.

"Will you not sell them if I do not sign now?"

"Yes madame."

Valerie Maegan, do you want to see daddy? Yes darling? Okay let's go see daddy.

"I'll call you then." I said and hurriedly left the coffee shop.

Let's go see daddy Valerie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3K 23
" Don't tell me you came here for agreement I had with your mother " he said angrily while looking at me. I just turned my face aside because of his...
3.1K 77 36
Hey guys this is just a little sample of the story there are more characters I'm just showing you one point of view and I hope that you read my book...
1.6M 42.8K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
528K 14.7K 37
[WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT] I pulled my elbow from his death grip. "You're ashamed of me. Admit it. You hate the idea of been seen with me." I shot...