Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

17- how much worse could things get?

723 89 47
By shinymewgirl

I was awoken by the sound of the door to my cage slamming. I practically jumped out of my skin waking from the sleep I didn't realise I'd fallen into. I placed one hand over my rapidly beating heart in attempt to calm it while looking around for the reason why someone may have been in the room. I heard the door to the room open and shut again before I could let out another sound. Of course the only time I'm not the worlds lightest sleeper is when I'm in a cell I could barely sit up in. Fuck my life... Don't tell Sora I swore, currently have enough problems.

Only one thing seemed to have changed while I was in my dreamless sleep. In the corner of the cell, where the blanket now wrapped around me once was, was a tray of food. I let out a sigh and crawled closer to where it sat, pulling it closer once it was within reach to examine the contents of the tray.

A bowl of what looked like ordinary noodles took up most the small trays portion, the steam rising from the top signalled that the noddles were still hot which I was relived for. Other than the noodles, there was a slice of bread and a bottle of water. Defiantly not the best thing I've ever had to eat, but it defiantly isn't the worst and it is better then being starved like I'd been so many times before. I also took a moment to examine if there was anything in the plate that could possibly be used as a weapon or means of escape but everything on the tray seemed to be made of plastic. The bowl was one of those types you'd give to kids, the ones that were basically unbreakable, the fork was a weak cheap one made for party's or other type of celebrations while the tray itself was made of metal.

I simply sighed. I knew that the powers I had as Voice of Purity would be at a fraction of their regular power since the strength of my attacks reflected my strength at that current situation, and I defiantly was not feeling as strong as I've ever been. Besides even if I was strong enough, for some reason, I couldn't even heal myself, which was a pain cause the cut on my head was giving me a spitting headache.

With a sigh, I started to eat despite the waves nausea I was feeling in the pit if my stomach. Who knew what or when I'd get to eat again and the noodles I was eating did help to warm me up against the coldness of the room I was in.

The noodles, although hot, were watered down way to much but otherwise tasted like noodles you'd get in a packet. The bread was fine other then being slightly stale and the water was a normal bottle of water. While I ate I took the moment to take in my current predicament.

Team Prosperity was defiantly different to other organisations I'd been up against. Their Pokemon were a lot stronger then Pokemon normally carried by grunts. I was used to battling Zubat's or Ratata's but the grunts on this team used a corrupted version of Mega Evolution, Scoizor's on their own were pretty strong but combined with this form of Mega Evolution made them almost unbeatable, even for me as champion of five regions. They so far also seemed to be more human then other organisations I'd faced. Other times I'd often been chained, starved or been left to freeze. But so far, although this cage was way to small for me, I've still got everything with me other then my belt containing my Pokéball's (but then why would you leave a prisoner with their Pokemon to escape?) even my X-transceiver than couldn't get a signal, been fed with decent enough food and given a blanket since this room was freezing cold.

Although I did hear the people who passed by earlier say something about something being dangerous and painful and me not being able to handle it. I frowned and bit my lip, trying to recall exactly what was said but failed to remember anything but bits and pieces. With a sigh, I pushed my empty tray back to the corner it had been in previously while shuffling back to my original spot. I laid on my side, pulling my knees to my chest.

I made sure the blanket was pulled over my face before I allowed myself to cry into my knees. I was sick of this and I just wanted to be left alone just long for me to put myself back together before being ripped apart again. I just wanted to alone, to be able to do what I wanted without the worry of some evil organisation using me as the base for whatever plans they have.

"Night?" I called quietly, hoping for some response.

None came.

I whimpered and buried my head further into my knees.

I'm sick of everyone trying to screw up my life. I'm sick of Cyrus, N, Shadow! I'm sick of all of them all...

wait...

Shadow...

I cursed under my breath, remember to what must of been a few hours ago. The voice I couldn't remember... it was Shadow's! But we'd had a deal hadn't we? I hadn't seen him since that night we had made the deal for him to leave me alone if I stay out if his way, which to my knowledge, I had.

"Why can't I ever be left alone?" I whispered to myself, hugging myself tighter.

I shook my head and sniffed while wiping my eyes. I had to at least try and be stronger then this, right? I pushed myself up, leaning against the back of the cage which backed int the corner of the room. I wiped my eyes again, using my sleeve to also wipe my cheeks. I couldn't let them see me crying, that was something I absolutely hated to show.

I took a deep breath in. My guitar was was with Silver and Red but that couldn't stop me from singing. Who knows, maybe it'll calm my nerves, it normally did.

Momma never told me how to love
Daddy never told me how to feel
Momma never told me how to touch
Daddy never showed me how to heal
Momma never set a good example
Daddy never held momma's hand
Momma found everything hard to handle
Daddy never stood up like a man

I've walked alone, broken
Emotionally frozen
Getting it on
Getting it wrong

How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
How do you love someone
Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone

I was always the chosen child
The biggest scandal I became
They told me I'd never survive
But survival's my middle name

I've walked alone, hoping
Just barely coping
Getting it on
Getting it wrong

How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
How do you love someone
Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone

It's hard to talk
To see what's deep inside
It's hard to tell the truth
When you've always lied

How do you love someone
Without getting hurt
How do you love someone
Without crawling in the dirt
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone

How do you love someone
And make it last
How do you love someone
Without tripping on the past
So far in my life
Clouds have blocked the sun
How do you love, how do you love someone
How do you love, how do you love someone, someone

Just as I finished singing, I hugged my blanket even closer. The familiar feeling of having my blood turning to ice returned. I groaned aloud. "Why now?"

My temperature dropped lower and lower. This ones seemed worse then my others my temperature continued to drop. I pulled myself into a tighter ball, whimpering against the cold. How much is it to ask for a break every once and a while?

"Night?" I whimpered and waited for a reply. "Where are you?"

Still nothing.

Where are you Night?

Curling up in the corner of the cage, I decided to just wait out the freeze attack bit wouldn't last forever (hopefully) and since their wasn't anyone here that would be willing to help me, my only choice was to wait it out.

I pulled the blanket over my head in order to keep warmer, trying to at least fall asleep. But I didn't sleep, I wasn't getting colder anymore but I wasn't getting warmer either. I used my sleeve to wipe my eyes as tears fell from eyes and over my cold cheeks.

I took a deep breath in and attempted to force myself to relax, by my tense muscles seemed frozen in place. I couldn't sleep, couldn't move, could hardly breath. How much worse would things get?

Another, single tear fell from my eye as I couldn't help feeling completely alone, lost and afraid.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 1576

Some of you already read part of this cause I accidentally published it before the last one was even done cause you know, I'm an idiot sometimes. *shrugs*

Vote, comment and have Oreo's!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
42.1K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...
13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...