Heart Broken (ShadAmy)

By EmeraldTK

Almost everything that falls in love with me ends up broken. Why must I ruin everything? Does this mean tha... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Interview
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

681 34 38
By EmeraldTK

Hey guys it's EmeraldTK and I feel like I'm starting to lose some readers and votes, I'm just wondering what's wrong with the story and if there is something I could fix because I don't want to write something you guys don't like. I was thinking of starting a new story and I wrote a few chapters but I didn't actually publish it yet because I didn't want to focus on one story too much than the other so I was thinking I can maybe post that story when this story is done but I don't even know if you guys like this story anymore. So please tell me what you think, the other story I'm writing is about Amy who only really cares about is her studies and stuff and Shadow who is the opposite of Amy but eventually they still fell in love. So please, since I'm losing some readers I ask all of you to just please share my story with your friends or something like that. Enjoy!  

-Amy's POV In Shadow's Car-

It's Saturday,  and I don't think I have ever been so excited for a date  before. I am currently sitting in the  passengers seat of Shadow's car which brought back so much memories, the music is on and the  window is down, I turned my head to face Shadow who kept  his eyes on the road as he drove this car.

"So where are we going?" I wondered, Shadow didn't hesitate to reply.

"We're  here right now, this used to be my favorite  restaurant,"  Shadow replied as  he  pulled  up to a restaurant, I took  a peek out the window and glanced at  the name which was also my favourite, it is called 'True Mobian'.

"I love this place!" I gasped, I opened the car door and dashed  towards the doors of my favourite   restaurant in Mobius.  Shadow soon followed me inside and we were directed to a table for the both of  us. We both sat down  and after awhile  a waitress with a notepad  came to greet us.

"Hello my name is  Tikal and I will take your  order," She stated with confidence, where have I heard the name 'Tikal' before... wait  a minute!

"T-Tikal?" Shadow stuttered, I looked straight at Tikal, how could I forget Tikal? I may not know much about her  but I do understand  that this woman used Shadow for her benefit and didn't care about him at all. 

"Oh... hi Shadow..." She greeted, her face was red, she was blushing and she looks like  she's speechless. I know that look anywhere,  she still likes  Shadow. Believe me, I dated a lot of cute guys before and whenever I see a girl making eyes at my guy it becomes a problem, especially when the guy becomes a jerk and he likes her back.

"Hey Tikal, what are you doing here?"  Shadow questioned, I noticed a small tint of red resting on Shadow's cheeks, if this keeps up I might have  to interfere.

"Oh well I work here. My parents thought I was spoiled so they told me to make my own money," She responded with a confident smile, Tikal is an orange echidna and I could tell by just the way how she is twirling her hair, blushing constantly and smiling that Tikal likes Shadow. Maybe she didn't  back then but  she seems to now. Tikal turned her head and glared at me, and the glare she gave me looked sour and bitter, I decided not to glare back but to give her my 'I'm not interested' face. I could tell this girl is defiantly a mean girl.

"So.... who's this?" She asked with a bitter tone in her voice, I instantly fired back without  hesitation.

"I'm Amy, Shadow's girlfriend,"  I informed her with the fakest smile, both Shadow and Tikal looked shocked. Okay maybe that was a bit weird for me to do but it wasn't that awkward for me because I did that all the time without  a problem.

"Girlfriend?" She questioned still shocked, I watched her eyes fill with worry. Yes  girlfriend.

"Yeah so for now I will have a Sprite, babe what do you want?" I asked keeping my eyes focused on the menu, I took another peek at Tikal. The girl is still stunned by all this, I grinned. Too easy. I will explain everything to Shadow soon enough though.

"Um some ice tea will be nice," Shadow replied, Tikal scribbled down our orders, gave me another dirty look before waltzing away. There's more where that came from my friend.

"What was that?" Shadow chuckled.

"What was what?" I asked innocently.

"So we're already moving to second base?" He questioned, I smiled at him. Shadow can be too cute sometimes.

"Yeah, why not? You like me, I like you, this isn't our first date, and I defiantly plan on going on more dates with you," I stated, one of the many things I learned about dating men is to be direct and  really honest. I actually really like Shadow and if I like someone I don't like it when someone else does too. Amy. Doesn't. Share. 

"Oh cool,"

"So I  remember you told me you had  a sister," I said trying to start a conversation.

-About 10 Minutes Later-

"Here and here," Tikal came back with our drinks, it took  awhile for her to get here, it shouldn't really take that long to bring drinks and the restaurant doesn't even look that busy.

"Thanks," Shadow said.

"Now for the food, Shadow you want the Mobian cheese burger right?"  Tikal asked as she wrote down Shadow's order, I noticed Shadow nodding his head too. I don't get it.

"I'm confused," I stated.

"Aw how cute, she didn't know Shadow and I used to date. And I'm surprised you don't know his favourite meal by now. How long have you guys dated?" She questioned, well maybe she took too long to get our drinks was because she was trying to get her confidence up, wasn't she afraid of me before? I also noted her mascara is different. That's funny.

"Wow I never met a psycho ex girlfriend waitress before. That obviously means something  because last time I checked no one   gives two craps about their ex's  anymore," I shot   back.    

"Oh you obviously don't know who you're messing with," Tikal threatened with her eyes narrowing right into mine, I couldn't help but smirk. This girl is pathetic.

"I don't know who I'm messing with?" I questioned, I threw my head back and laughed the hardest I could. Shadow at first thought I was crazy but I guess he likes it because he's chuckling along too.

"Oh... that's so funny because while you're tiny and spoiled butt is out here getting paid $30 an hour, I'm a part time model who goes to one of the richest schools in Mobius,  can get a guy in five minutes and maybe ten minutes if he's dedicated to  a girl, I own like three cars, four cell  phones, my dad's best friend is the CEO of 'True Mobian' so I can get you fired in two minutes and instead of sitting here listening to the trash that is coming out your mouth I can be in the VIP part of the club sharing ice cream  with one of the most famous A listers  in  Mobius so I think the question here is, do you know who you're messing with?" I fired back,  both Tikal and Shadow looked  shocked and I could  only imagine if Rouge was here. She would pat me on the back right now, oh forget that she would hug me, Rouge  was the one who taught  me how to slay these types of annoying people when they bother  me.

"Now I'm  going to have the 'Fancy pasta' and we will take both our orders  to go please," I said sternly, Tikal quickly wrote down our orders, gave me a worried look and quickly ran off. Now that will teach her for next time.

"Woah," Shadow gasped, I  giggled. I actually didn't want Shadow to see that but Tikal needed to be put in her place  and I had enough of her being annoying.

"So is the part time model thing true?" He questioned me.

"Yeah, every summer," I replied truthfully.

"And I thought you're family... is uh..." Shadow began to look uneasy with this question. And I knew where  he was going with it.

"Our family still has  very strong rich connections.... and I owned some stuff before the stuff happened in the eighth grade... also  I may be a part time model but it actually  pays a lot!" I squealed as Shadow chuckled again. That was a good save, I didn't want to seem all sad in front of Shadow again.  I think I can trust  him but I don't want him to see me like that, and I don't really like talking about  my   family's  finances too much because it's a touchy subject...

"Wow well good for you Amy," Shadow said with a smile as he nodded his head which made me feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside.

"So tell me more about you," 

-About 10 Minutes Later-

It appears Shadow and I have a lot in common, I really hope I don't mess things up with him. Tikal ran to our table with our food in boxes, she also  gave us some lollipops  and  mints. I purposely flicked one to the floor.

"Oops," I gasped, Tikal quickly gasped and put the mint back on our table, Shadow paid for the food and we both left, but I stayed behind for a second.

"Need a tip?" I questioned, Tikal's face lit up with hope as she nodded her head.       

"Those earrings don't look too good on you," I stated before walking off with Shadow, when Shadow and I got closer to the car we talked some more.

"Well that was a disaster," I said.

"Yeah sorry about her... so what do we do now?" Shadow asked, great. That Tikal girl just ruined our date, now what. Suddenly I got an idea.

"This date ain't over yet!"  I squealed, I got in the car but this time in the driver's seat, and Shadow sat in the passengers seat. I blasted the music, rolled down the windows and took off as fast as I can. Finally we arrived  at a quiet, empty, peaceful park. Over by the park was  a wooden bench and table Shadow and I sat there and ate our food.

"Now this is better than eating in that cheap restaurant," Shadow admitted.

"Hey, that cheap restaurant belongs to my dad's best friend!" I exclaimed as Shadow chuckled.

"So who is your dad?" Shadow questioned, I started to feel my cheeks heat up.

"How about we not talk about this," I stated quietly and finished the last piece of my pasta. After I was done I just stared at my empty bowl. Where could he be?

~flashback~

Staring at my stuffed animals all sitting around me in the garden having tea is boring. Some of my guests are missing.... and the worse  part is I don't know how long this special guest may be missing, I held onto  my tea cup harder, a tear ran down my cheek along with a sniff.

"W-would you like more tea Mr. Bear?" I questioned with my voice cracking a bit, I heaved out a sigh and looked across the garden, I could see my parents hugging  from inside.  I was told  my dad needs to take a quick business  trip and that he will be back shortly, I believed that. But I heard my  mother talking on the phone with someone, this business trip is way to serious to tell a little kid and expect it to understand. Father may not be back for awhile.

"Amelia! Are you going to come  say goodbye to your father?" Asked my mother from inside, I gasped and instantly dropped my tea cup and dashed as fast as I can in my dress towards the front  door of my large mansion, tears were  already flowing down my cheeks as I stared up at my father.

"Please don't go daddy! Please stay! I don't want you to leave!" I cried,  my father was shocked to see my tears, he bent down to look at me in  my two green eyes to speak to  me.

"Amelia, I'm going to be back don't worry," He assured me, I shook my head and sobbed some more.

"No....... I heard  mommy talking on the phone which auntie Vanilla about the company!" I snapped. I watched my dad and mother stare at each other then nodded their heads, from then they told me the truth.

"Well aren't you a smart cookie? Well I guess you understand that the company is close to being bankrupt and I will have to stay for awhile, but don't worry. I will write letters to you," He assured me while pulling me into a  hug.

"B-but how long will you be gone, and I heard mommy talking to grandma and she said   the phones won't work all the way over there,"      I cried again.

"That's true but it doesn't mean I can't visit, I will try to send letters  and some stuff I  can find over there, how about that?"  He questioned, I shrugged and looked at my father once again.

"Who's gonna provide for us?" I asked again.

"I will send money, and your mother is still an  artist," He reminded me.

"So you have nothing to worry about," He said as he  pet my hair a bit. At the corner of my eye I could even see my own mother tearing up, my dad let me go and looked at both of us, our maids, gardeners, servants and butlers all said their farewells to father, our father took one last look at my mother  and I, tears were flowing down all of our faces, even my fathers. Mother and father kissed one last time, dad and I hugged one last time, we both said our farewells and then he turned and left  us.

-Years later-

I was in grade five, years and years and years have gone by and I still haven't gotten to see my dad face to face. I always tried to distract myself, and in the fifth grade I met new friends, everyone seems to like me there. I sat in my room quietly watching cartoons, no giggles or smiles today. I watched this episode too many times, finally my mother strolled in with a book in her  hand and a graceful smile, she sat beside me on the bed and turned off the TV but I didn't snap.

"Sweetie, I know how hard it  is to move and have no father there for you when you need and want him. But so far you have been looking at the bright side and keeping a smile on your face. And I'm proud of you darling. You continue to be the happiest girl you can be, but you can't ignore your feelings forever..." She told me as she put the book in my tiny hands.

"I want to give you this book so you can explore your inner emotions and thoughts, you may start writing it now. Your dad sent you another letter," She told me with a smile, my heart skipped a beat, every time I get a letter from my father is another smile on my face. I jumped to joy as mother and I both read the letter together, I pretended he was right here, with me.

-Years later-

Sitting on the couch watching cartoons on a Saturday, I still have that book my mother gave me,  I called it my 'Book of Feelings',  my mother approached me again today with another letter, but I could tell by the sad look on her face that something was wrong. She gave me the letter and allowed  me to  quietly read.

Dear Family,

I'm sorry I have failed you, our attempts to make the company better started out fine  but was not completely successful. I apologize but the company needs me now, I am being sent on another trip but even farther, once I rescue the company from disaster I will come back. This time I still have no idea when my return  will be, but this is my last letter to you, because  I will not be given time to write letters to you  and this next mission  is extremely serious. I beg of you to wish me good luck because not everything that is about to happen will be safe. Keep me in your heart and I hope  you still have those other letters, and you hold on to them,  because this one you're reading right now may be the last. Goodbye.

Sincerely,

Mr. Rose

My eyes started to fill with tears, and so did my mothers, she  looked at me and gave me a locket that came along with the letter,  it was gold and had a heart at the end, I opened the heart of the locket and it revealed a picture of myself, mom and dad. Our clothes  were fancy and we also wore fancy hats, I forced a weak smile at that memory. This photo was taken when I had my first tea party with my parents. It was the best, I sobbed loudly and my mother cried along  with me. Why did he have to leave in the first place? Why did this have to happen at such a young age?

-Years later-

Dear book of feelings,

My dad is gone. But still we don't know where he has gone. He has been gone for way too long, I tried to keep smiling because when I'm upset my mother gets upset too. As long as she sees that I'm still happy she will be happy, and it's all that matters right now. Why? Because my dad can't send letters anymore, which means he  can't send money. So to save money, mother was forced to fire the butlers, maids, servants and gardeners. We also moved out of the mansion and into a house, the house isn't small. In fact it's a nice house but mother couldn't take the  bills in the mansion anymore. What happened to mom's career may you ask? Well she's an artist, and an artist always needs inspiration, dad is my mothers inspiration. All her paintings were about love and fantasy, they were bright and colorful, now they are sad and dark. People bought them at first but they became too depressing to look at. Sales  went down and a different artist was  started to become more  famous than her. Where was dad?

And don't tell me he's still on his 'business trip' because he  has been away for years! Do you really believe he has been gone that long and still didn't find another family? What do men even do when their woman isn't watching?? And obviously mom couldn't watch, they are in two different countries! Maybe even continents! The only thing that makes my mom's day lately is a  smile, she's still the best mom ever, all we need to do is help each other out. And we will. We don't need him but I really  want him. Dad did say his mission is extremely important or something... maybe he's... no. I will not think he's dead. All I know right now is that mom and I need  each other. That's all that matters.

~End of flashbacks~

As I continued to stare into the empty bowl I started to quietly sob. Amy stop Shadow is sitting right there!    

"Amy? Are you okay?" Shadow questioned, I wiped my tears and got up.

"It's okay just eat your food, I-I just need to clear my head," I told him as I started walking to a tree, I sat under the tree and heaved out a sigh. I hate crying in front of Shadow. I heard footsteps coming my way, I didn't bother looking up because I knew it was Shadow, he sat down beside me and I let him. He put his arm around me and I layed my  head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, I shook my head and he just pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around him and so did he, I started to weakly smile. Shadow isn't even saying anything  but still he's comforting me. He seems to understand why I'm sad and I didn't  even have to tell him. And we sat there in silence. No words. Just us together, the cool breeze and the chirping of pretty birds. We're not talking at all but I could still feel the love  right now. This may be our second date but I think I'm in love with him. He seems to be the only one who cares so much, usually when I reject a guy they give up but he actually talked to me. Every time we go on a date or something it's like I fall in love with him more, and every time I see him and Mina together I may seem angry but sometimes I even get scared... but what do I know about love? I used to play guys like I played  Barbies. I could say that I loved them to their own pretty faces but did I even mean it though? I wanted to end the date right now to keep Shadow's precious heart from breaking but I felt like staying here in his embrace even more. Do I love him? It's only the second date and we're already a couple... love is weird....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 499 6
(M/N) Evans was an ordinary Muggle who adored his older sister, Lily, who happened to be a witch. When she died, it was decided that her young son, H...
11.7K 126 18
The fun continues for the Trolls of Trollstopia.
672K 41.1K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
34.3K 742 24
Mikasa Ackerman is about to start a new year at her highschool Shiganshina high. What she is unaware of is that there is a new transfer student who i...