Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

16- when will it stop?

742 90 20
By shinymewgirl

My bearings came to me agonisingly slowly. My ears buzzed as if a Combee was hovering around them and refused to leave no matter now many times swatted away. As the sound slowly faded, but never actually stopped, I realised how dead the air was of sound. My heart started to pound in my chest, the feeling echoing throughout my body. The feeling of cold metal underneath my fingertips sent chills down my spine, or maybe I was getting another freeze attack, I haven't had one in a while after all.

I opened my eyes but it took a moment for my head to stop spinning. I became aware that I was in a cage that was painfully small, the roof only a little higher then I was when sitting straight. I wrinkled my nose in disgust while pushing up my torso, my arms shaking as if they were about to give way from beneath me. I cursed under my breath and used one of the bars for support. I leant against the bared wall to stop myself from collapsing under my own weight. I raised my hand to my head, trying to stop the echoing thumps that seemed to be fogging up my thinking. I immediately recoiled afterwards when a searing pain shot through my head at the spot I'd touched. Looking down at my hand, I noticed a sticky red substance coated my fingertips.

Blood.

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, realising that this was most likely the spot I'd been hit by the corrupt Scizor that had attacked me and knocked me unconscious. Somehow the hit to my head was making me hurt everywhere. I hugged myself and squeezed my eyes close before opening them again in attempt to keep myself calm. I raised my hand to my head once more, being careful this time not to hurt my head anymore this time as I focused my energy into healing the wound, but... it didn't seem to work. I frowned and pulled my hand back, this time, focusing on an Aura Sphere but it still didn't form.

I groaned inwardly. Just great, I couldn't use my powers. If I had to guess it was the cage doing something to block my powers. Fantastic, fucking fantastic. Thank you world and your habit of dumping yourself right on my shoulders at a time I really do not need it.

I pulled my jumper tighter around me, realising that it was cold in here, very cold. It was then I noticed that a blanket sat folded in the corner of the cage I was in. It was one if those blankets you could tell just by looking at it that it would be irritating to the skin, which is why I'm currently glad that I'm wearing jeans and a jumper.

I reached over and grabbed hold of the rough grey fabric, wrapping it around myself before taking a look around of what I could see of the room I was in.

From what I could see it looked like se sort of mad scientists surgery room, except, it was brightly lit up (thank Arceus, this was not the time to be freaking out about being left in the dark). It took everything I had not freak out right then about just being in the same room as this sort of equipment, remembering what had happened the past two times I'd come into contact with this stuff. I just hugged myself tighter and pushed myself further away from the equipment. Twice already I'd been inhumanly experimented on and that was twice to many. If any of this stuff was going to be used on me, I couldn't even think of it without freaking out.

If you couldn't tell already, I was really close to freaking out all together.

A small sob made it's way from my throat as I hugged myself even closer. I didn't realise I was crying until a tear splashed on my hands. I hurriedly wiped it away as well as the wet streak it left on my cheek. I wouldn't let anyone here see me cry, I had to be stronger then this. It was the only thing I really could do, whether I was afraid or not.

How you holding up?

"Night?"

Na, it's Santa Clause. Merry Christmas.

"Sorry..." I responded quietly. The last thing I wanted right now was to make Night leave me.

It's fine. I'm imagining you're scared right now. I won't leave, if that's what you're afraid of.

"Please stay. I don't want to be alone." I whimpered.

Over time, me and Night had become somewhat friends. Sure we threw insults at each other but we never really meant it, and we both knew that.

I'm not going anywhere. I promise though, you won't be there long.

"How can you be so sure?"

That guardian angel of yours, who I still think you don't need, is on it's way. Couple days tops, just be strong. K?

"I'll do my best but this room..." I let out a shaky breath as I forced myself not to look around this dreaded room. "I don't know what they're going to do with me. I'm scared." I whimpered.

Night sighed slightly. You'll be fine Em.

I really wanted to believe her. I did. I wanted to trust what she had told me but why was so in this room unless they wanted to do something to me?

"But..."

Shh... You may want to listen, someone is coming. Two people actually...

Sure enough I could hear voices, they were hard to hear over the thumping of my head but I could just make out their conversation.

"I still think the girl is to young to be out through this. You said yourself how dangerous and painful it would be." The voice seemed... oddly familiar but the aching of my head made it impossible to tell from where.

"She'll live. She after all is stronger then most people her age. She has the power of the Voice of Purity after all, it will help her. Maybe even make her stronger, which for us, wouldn't hurt." An unfamiliar female replied in a tone starting she really didn't care.

I flinched slightly but forced myself not to make a sound as the footsteps advanced closer.

"She is still human. I just don't think it's safe, she isn't as strong as she seems to be. I've gone up against her a couple times now and each time she's struggled not to let cracks appear. She's already falling apart, if we go though with this, it may completely break her and that's something we cannot risk." The first voice said, worry clearly showing in his voice.

The other laughed. "You aren't going soft her are you? Surely you haven't got a soft spot for the girl after all this."

The was a brief pause. I had no doubt that I was who they were talking about, and it scared me to think about that they were saying. What were they planning in doing and who was he? I still couldn't find the memory of the voice through my aching brain.

"No, I'm not." He finally responded. "I just think that we have enough power without her. She's had enough."

"Enough what?" She laughed.

"Everything. She would of stayed far away from any of this knowing I was involved. She wouldn't have done anything until we'd made the first move against her, which we now have. She doesn't deserve this crap she's constantly put though anymore."

The voices started to fade as they walked further away but I managed to make out the last few words of both of them.

"She doesn't have to know anything. The girl is just a tool to be disposed of once we're done with this."

"And how will we 'dispose of her' then?"

"Depends how alive she is when we're done with her." And I heard nothing more then her cruel laugh as the voices fade.

My breathing hitched in my throat, a whimper unwilling came from throat as I tried to force my tears back. It was happening again. Once more I'd been dragged into to middle of some evil organisations plans. Once more I was going to be toyed with, pushed around and driven to the point I'd start to fall apart. I never wanted any of this. I never wanted to be abuse all my life. Abused for no reason, abused for my power, abused for simply existing.

Calm down Em, you're on the brink of having a panic attack. Just breath a moment.

I took a deep breath in and slowly let it, focusing on Night's encouragement to calm down. It took a few moments but eventually I'd managed to calm down enough to think. My head still felt a little fuzzy but I could manage enough to think straight.

"Thanks Night." I sighed once I'd calmed down, pulling my knees into my chest and resting my chin on top while hugging the blanket closer around me in order to keep warmer.

Anytime. She chirp in reply. I could tell she was trying to keep the situation feeling better then it was, which I guess I was thankful for. Even though she was being overly happy about this, she was helping to keep my mind off the things that could possibly happen.

You should rest. I can tell you're tired.

I shook my head. "I can't. I don't want something to happen."

Emma, take a chill pill. Nothing will happen just calm down.

How can you be so sure?

Night sighed again. I can't be, but just try okay? If you force yourself to stay awake then you'll just make yourself weaker, then how are you going to escape, hmm?

Night was right. If I didn't sleep then I'd never get away...

"Promise to keep an eye on me? Please."

Night let out a chuckle. I promise. Now rest, okay?

"I'll try..."

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 1669

Well their you have it folks. What do you think? I don't know... .-.

I know I said I was taking a break but this came to me and I was like yay! Let's get over writes block.

Believe it or not, I've only just thought out the basic plot if this book. Everything before this was just... *shrug* still am figuring out what to do with the rest of 'Star struck' though. I have thought if something to drive the rest if the plot so I'm kinda just fingering out how to make it work. I might need to go back and change a few parts though...

I find it all funny. But then, I never plan my books before I write them I just kinda... write them. XD

Well vote, comment and anyone who does so gets a cookie!!!

And yes this was meant to be published unlike earlier when I published part of the next chapter before this was even up. XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330 50 27
"Once upon a time there was a dragon that only knew one love, a phoenix." She laughs at me again. "The phoenix was kind, full of compassion. She coul...
3.5K 159 4
What happens when the saviour himself goes on the dark path. The only person that was left in his life was also taken from him. All that he achieved...
143K 7.3K 62
It's been a whole year since Emma left her friends and six months since she last spoke to any of them, the worst of it is that no one knows why. To t...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...