Feels Like Home

By dabbintobin

Talex/ USWNT/ HIGH SCHOOL AU Rising high school soccer star Tobin Heath's life turns for the worse when she... More

Chapter 1: Fresh Start
Chapter 2: The Gals
Chapter 3: Safe Haven Pt.1
Chapter 4: Safe Haven Pt.2
Chapter 5: It's a Date
Chapter 6: Official
Chapter 8: Rivalry Game
Chapter 9: Birthday Getaway
Chapter 10: Reunions and finals
Chapter 11: We'll Find A Way
Chapter 12: Reunions and Goodbyes? Part 1
Chapter 13: Reunions and Goodbye? Part 2
Chapter 14: Reunions and Goodbyes? Part 3
Chapter 15: A Heart Doesn't Break Even

Chapter 7: Rivals and House Parties

4.4K 97 23
By dabbintobin

*Fast Forward to After mid winter Break*

Tobin's POV

      Tryouts went smoothly and Alex and I made it on the varsity. I'm super stoked to play with all the girls since everyone is so nice and chill. It's been some weeks since tryouts and we are undefeated so far. Our team chemistry was great and we felt that we were unstoppable. So far I was having a pretty decent season and Alex was a goal scoring machine.

    Its near the middle of May and our regular season was almost over. We just had one final opponent... and they were our biggest rival.

Monday~ Practice

" Tobs, are you ready for rivalry week?" Becky asked at practice as Alex and I were passing the ball around. The coach wasn't here yet, but our captains were here to guide us through warm ups.

I just shrug. "Yeah sure," I say. She raises an eyebrow.

"Do you know how important this game, no this whole week is? If we lose to them you know what everyone is going to say??? Oh this team were undefeated before they lost to Crestwood Hawks just like last year!" Becky exclaims. Everyone is then silent, Alex and I were too stunned to respond. Becky isn't usually like this.

I nod quickly as she then marches towards HAO and Kling laughing.

"I know Heather you are the comedian of the team but please try to focus this week,"

"Yes sir" Heather salutes, tries to say with a straight face before laughing like crazy. Becky's face suddenly turns red. She then turns towards all of us.

"Since nobody is taking this practice seriously, let's run another lap ladies," she yells. Everyone, including myself groans as we start running around the field. Syd and Kristie run up next to me and Alex.

"Don't take anything Becky says this week personally. Rivalry week just turns her into a huge-"

"What did you say Leroux?!"

"Um nothing Becky, um just telling the girls how important this game is," Syd lies as we all snicker.

The rest of the practice was grueling. Coach made sure that we knew how important this game is. He made sure that all of our touched were precise and every pass was perfect.

Tuesday

Practice didn't get any easier for us. By now everybody was pretty nervous and serious about the game. After Wednesday's practice , everyone was going over Syd's house to discuss the game.

"Let me tell all the new girls here, this week is like the craziest soccer week of the year. Also there are always like a lot of people at the game," Becky points out as my heart sank.

"Does anyone have a scouting report on the team? Syd?" Ali asked as we passed popcorn around as we chilled in Syd's living room. Syd just shrugs.

"Their defense is decent but I think we can get pass them. Since they all know what our offense is like, Alex would be like our secret weapon. Also, they are really aggressive and often people say that they are dirty," Sydney shrugs again.

"I think we can take care of them," Hope smirks.

Thursday

Alex's POV

Practice today was light, considering that the big game was tomorrow. Syd told us that there was a party at her boyfriend Dom's house and she wanted everybody to come. At first I was hesitate about going, but I thought it would be nice to let loose before the biggest game of the season.

"I have a bad feeling about this party," Tobin says as I waited in the apartment that she, Hope and Ashlyn shared. Kelley, Ali and I were waiting in the living room as we waited for the other three girls to get ready.

"Oh come on Toby, don't you wanna have a little fun tonight?" I say as I go over and quickly kiss her. She smiles widely.

"Yeah you're right," she says as we share yet another amazing kiss.

"Aww aren't you guys just adorable?" Kelley says, interrupting us. Tobin and I suddenly blush and we pull away, Ali and Kelley both laughing.

"Come on guys let's go and PARTAY!!" Tobin says, as we all start heading it the door.

At the Party

"WHO WANTS TO DO ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTSSS WITH ME?!" Syd slurs as she downs yet another cup of alcohol. Everyone laughs as she then stumbles over toward me and Tobin. The party just started and how was she already drunk??

"Come on Alex let's get you a DRINK," she says as she tries to hand me a cup of beer.

"No thanks and you shouldn't be drinking either Syd, you know we have a big game tomorrow right?" I say, shouting over the loud party music. She just looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Have you two not been to a legit high school party before? Everybody's drinking tonight baby!" She takes another sip. "Oh how I wish Megan Rapinoe, the Party God was here right now!" She says before turning back to the crowd. I turn towards Tobin.

"Well I'm going to find Hope before she gets into any trouble, text me if you need anything okay?" Tobin says before leaving me alone in the corner. Tobin was right, we should of never came to this party, especially since we have the game of our lives tomorrow night.

I never been to a party like this with alcohol so this was all new to me. I walk aimlessly around the house until I saw Kelley and Heather in the snack room, both with cups in their hands.

"Oh my gosh not you guys! Does anybody care about the game tomorrow?!" I ask as the two both laugh hysterically. Oh great, they're drunk too.

"Chill babyhorse we only had like five cups, I swear," Heather says as the two laugh. Ugh, I hate whenever they use that nickname. I roll my eyes as I start walking away to go search for Tobin when someone bumps into me. When I turn around I see a boy around the same age as me, and boy was he a sight to see.

"I'm so sorry," he says before extending his arm. "I'm Servando, but all my friends call me Serv," he smiles as I shake his hand. He was cute, he had dark brown short hair and warm brown eyes, kinda like Tobin's. Tobin. I shake all those thoughts about Servando out of my head.

"I'm Alex," I say as smile back.

"Oh yes, Alex Morgan the superstar on the girls' soccer team. I watch every game you guys play, and I must say you are amazing out there," he replies.

"Oh I'm not sure about all of that," I say blushing... Wait why was I blushing??

He smiles widely. "Oh I notice a big difference between you and all the other girls on the field. You're easily one of the most skilled player on the field... and the most beautiful one out there,"

*******************************

Tobin's POV

      " Hey so are you and Alex like serious now?" Ashlyn ask me as we both sat on the couch. I smile to myself. Every time somebody mentions Alex, my heart melts.

"Yeah I think I might be falling for her. I mean I open up to her about my past and even after that she still accepts and cares about me. She's perfect," I reply as Ash raises an eyebrow.

"Just be careful Tobs, okay?" She says as I look at her in confusion.

"Be careful? Don't you feel the same way about Ali?" I ask as she just sighs.

"Let be honest here, we're still in high school, we're still young. I'm just saying I don't want you to get hurt," she says in a sharp tone. I couldn't believe my best friend would be telling me this.

"I wouldn't get hurt. I know Alex wouldn't do that," I say, anger hinting in my voice. I know Alex

"I'm going to find Alex," I say, getting up and searching the house for her. I look for quite sometime until I see her with... Servando, the biggest fuckboy\ cocky asshole at our school.

They were sitting by the staircase, talking and laughing, and a drink in Alex's hand. Then that's when it happened. He smoothly whispers something in her ear which gets her giggling before slowly moving his lips towards hers.

That's when I lost it. I walk toward the two and push him off of her.

"Hey Heath watch it!"

"No you watch it! Don't you ever kiss my girlfriend again!" I shout, getting up in his face. Suddenly all eyes are on us.

Servando looks at Alex then at me and laughs. Alex gets up, stumbling a bit. Immediately, I knew she was drunk.

"Tobyyy, this is my new friend... Serv," Alex slurs as I just glare at Servando. He smirks.

"Wait a minute, you're trying to tell me that you two are together?" He ask, before laughing hysterically. Ever since middle school, its like he had it out for me, and we have been enemies ever since. As he says this everyone one turns to our direction as the music stops. Oh great. He smirks.

"Why would a beautiful girl like her be with somebody like you?" He says laughing as some other people start laughing along with him. My face turns red from being embarrassed.

"Oh now what? Is Heath over here angry because I said the truth? You don't deserve her and I feel like she deserved to be with a GUY, like me" He spats. Everyone grows quiet.

Bubbling with anger I punch him square in the face. He stumbles back holding his face. Everyone around us gasp. Right when I was about to beat his ass, Hope steps in. He shakes his head before walking away.

"I think it's time we all go." She says as she pulls Alex and I away.

*********************************
A/N- hey you guys, don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

Also follow my second account Santariio , which just updated my new fanfic "The Girl Next Door" so check it out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 1.8K 19
You have all sorts of women fall in love with you! Request are allowed but I do not have to prioritize them.
587K 9K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
8.7K 195 18
The Darkest minds x Black Fem Reader All rights to Jennifer Yuh Nelson. I DO NOT OWN THE DARKEST MINDS, THE BOOKS, THE MOVIE, NOTHING. ONLY Y/N. ...
646K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...