In Between (A One Direction f...

By wehadtowalkaway

A simple 18 year old Jane living her life behind the curtains and behind the public, met two boys, both membe... More

In Between (A One Direction fan fiction)
In Between I : Austeen
In Between II : Streets
In Between III : Spin the bottle
In Between IV : Hotel
In Between V : Cold
In Between VI : Bar
In Between VII : Sofa
In Between VIII : Difference between you and me
In Between IX : Girlfriends
In Between X : Mysterious
In Between XI : Breakfast
In Between XII : The phone and the jacket
In Between XIII : Sticky note
In Between XIV : Recording studio
In Between XV : I'm desperate
In Between XVII : Austeen-Jacobs
In Between XVIII : Promise
In Between XIX : Tears
In Between XX : 9th day
In Between XXI : Happiest day
In Between XXII : Intertwined hands
In Between XXIII : Interview
In Between XXIV : Bestfriend
In Between XXV : Ticket
In Between XXVI : Irresistible
In Between XXVII : All according to plan
In Between XXVIII : Jane's Birthday
In Between XXIX : Choose
In Between XXX : Only one I have
In Between XXXI : Jacobs' Mansion
In Between XXXII : As long as I can
In Between XXXIII : Unknown
In Between XXXIV : Thinking of the worst
In Between XXXV : You just can't, not this time
In Between XXXVI : More than this
In Between XXXVII : We all know who loved you first
In Between XXXVIII : Do I love him?
In Between XXXIX : Everything's blurred
In Between XXXX : Setting you free
In Between XXXXI : Niall Horan
In Between XXXXII : Dear Niall
In Between XXXXIII : End
Will there be Book 2?
OVERVIEW : Is your Heart Taken?
Is your heart taken?

In Between XVI : I won't

3K 73 4
By wehadtowalkaway

No Niall, you didn't do anything worse, just worst. Ugh!! I still glared at him.

They asked the waiter to move another two set of tables and join in to our table. Zayn sat immediately beside Niall, Louis occupied the other side of Niall, Liam sat beside me and... Oh, Niall you will never walk after this!!

Harry sat beside me, leaving few inches, too far for a normal space between two people who is considered as friends. They ordered and asked to clean up the finished plates on our table and waited for their order.

Liam turned to me, "so how was life, Jane. I'm emailing you but you don't reply." Liam said.

"My life is grea.t" I emphasizes the word great and glared at Niall who happened to be not listening, making my mood worse.

"Yeah, you haven't emailed us Jane." Zayn cope up with the conversation while texting, probably texting Perrie.

"I'm just busy." I answered.

"Busy? Work?" Zayn asked again.

I nodded, never left my stare at Niall who's still munching fries.

"Oh! Oh!!" Niall shouted, his face was full of excitement as if going to tell us something we still don't know, my eyes popped open, because I know what he will announce. I kicked his supra below the table, widening my eyes for him to get what I'm trying to say.

"Spit it out Niall." Harry said, who's been quiet the whole time, I turned to him surprised.

"Yeah!" I agreed, "spit it out!!" I challenged Niall, if he can.

"It's about Jane." Niall started.

Everyone paid more attention to Niall's story, while I leaned there crying inside at how careless I am to let someone reveal a whole life secret so easily. And he's going to spit it out so easy as if it won't ruin a person's life.

"Jane is a ghost..." Niall finally said, I looked at him in surprise. And I know he's now going to say, ghost singer.

"Ghost?!" Liam asked in confusion.

"He's making fun of all of you." Louis commented trying to make himself busy even though he himself listened intently too.

"She's a ghost.. Woooh!" Niall said acting like a ghost.

Liam frowned, disappointed to find himself being made fun of Niall. He glared at Niall, "You're hilarious."

"Too hilarious that we can't laugh" Louis added.

We shared small talk, most of it were Liam, Zayn and me. I haven't heard Harry speak once after his last 3-word sentence 'spit it out'. This is so awkward, I feel like I'm going to burst out of embarrassment here in front of them.

I acted to check my phone to at least avoid a minute of awkwardness, I get it on my back pocket, and saw a notification.

I checked it, it was from Harry. I looked at him then turned back quickly. I opened it and saw a good morning email from Harry like the usual, it was sent this morning before I met Niall, probably when I got off from my car this morning. I closed it then turned to Liam.

"So how was Danielle?" I asked, starting another conversation.

"She's out of the country, I missed her so bad, but she'll be back tomorrow." He said.

"What country?" I asked.

"Australia." He answered shortly.

I turned to Louis and was about to talk but then sighed, what am I even doing here? Then sighed again, I reached to poke Niall's resting hand on the table when someone grabbed my left arm, standing up.

"I think we need to talk, Jane." Harry said as if been holding this sentence the whole time, he's looking down on me, he's already standing up.

I looked up at him, the four of them looked at us, I looked back at Niall removed back my hands from when I was about to poke him then looked again at Harry.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's talk." He said, calm now.

I shot Niall a 'we're-not-done-yet' glare.

I stood up and looked at them for the last time, "we'll be back after 5 minutes. 5 minutes" I said to them, mostly to Niall.

I followed Harry, he's still holding my arm, too tight that it hurts. I stopped halfway through, "where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere we can talk, just the two of us." He said, turning to a very narrow alley that fits just the two of us. It was a bit dark for me to see clearly.

He pinned me to the wall, still holding my wrist. I struggled to get off of his grip, "It hurts!" I almost shouted.

He then slammed his arm to the wall, too close that only 2 inches have been left to distance both our noses. I can't look at him in the eye, instead I just stared at the neckline of his shirt. I tried to slow my heart race, but it's so fast that I can't think properly.

I inhaled then exhaled, "Can.. You.. Just.. Move.." I managed to say.

"No, I'll not move until you talk to me again." He said, I can smell his sweet breath, too close for me to smell, I feel dizzy.

"What? Let's make this fast." I said.

"Look," he said looking at me in the eye, but I still lock my stare at the neckline of his shirt, "can you just look at me in the eye for you to see how sincere I am?" He said.

"I don't want to." I said, declining.

"You won't?" He asked again.

"I won't!" I said closing me eyes.

I can feel him moved and when he talked, "really?" Then I opened my eyes, I don't know how my heart could handle this!

He moved so close that he met me in the eye, closer than before, an inch from me.

He's too close, now I met his stare. His green eyes locked to my gaze, I can hear the sound of people on the street a few feet from where we are, but it was nothing, I can just hear them murmur, all I can hear so clear was my heart, beating so fast, so hard that at some point, I know, it'll just explode.

I closed my eyes, then opened it again. "Please, speak now." I asked him to, I am now staring at his beautiful green eyes.

He smiled a little, making me lose my breath, "I'm sorry if I haven't noticed how hard this is for you, how it will affect your relationship with Elisa. I know you're like her number 1 fan, and I'm sorry that I didn't realize I was a hindrance. I'm sorry that I always bother you with my emails." I thought he was finished, but he continued after breathing such sweet breath on me, making me nauseated.

"But, I still like to exchange emails with you. And I promise you that I will clear things up with Elisa, and she won't misunderstand. I promise that we will never be having a problem just because of you, and I won't break that promise because I promised that, to you." He said, and I can see how hard this is for him to explain, but sincerity is undeniable, he was so sincere that I can see how tears form from his eyes.

"You won't break up, because of me." I finally said, conditioning.

"Ok, we won't break up because of you." He said.

"And you promise that." I said.

And he smiled, giving me the feeling of relief, that he won't cry, that he'll smile. "I promise." He finally said.

We stared at each other, looking at his perfect green eyes makes me melt, just by being stared by him makes my face red. Then all of a sudden, his eyes became blue, then I can see his lips widening, laughing. And there, Niall was smiling, and when I blinked, I stopped out of my imagination and saw Harry, still smiling at me.

"Niall.." I whispered, "Oh! Niall!" I remembered.

"Niall?" Harry asked.

"I have to talk to Niall!" I said, grabbing his hand to let him follow me back to Nando's where the four of them waiting, it took us more than 5 minutes, I wished that they're still there. I felt a bit of happiness when I noticed Niall and the three, standing outside Nando's standing like walking manikins.

Zayn noticed us then pointed at us, they all smiled except Niall who's looking on the other side of the streets. I removed my grip from Harry's wrist and went to Niall.

"Niall, we should talk." I said the moment I'm near him.

He looked at me, now wearing his ray ban glasses, "where?" He asked.

"Maybe your hotel room?" I said, "or somewhere we can be alone?"

"Ok," he turned to the other four, "I'll have to talk to Jane, I'll come up to you later."

"Where are you going?" Liam asked.

Niall silly smiled, "somewhere we can be alone."

He said."Like hotel?" Louis asked high fiving Zayn while laughing.

"Probably." Niall said, smirking.

"We're not dating or anything so shut up!" I said grabbing Niall's hand tighter and headed to the car, I can still hear them laughing.

"No" he said when I went to open my car.

"I won't let a girl drive for me, we'll use my car." He said.

"How about my car?" I asked.

"Give me the keys and once you're on your condominium, it will be parked there. Nothing to worry about" he answered me with reassurance.

"Ok.." I said. He looked at his wrist that's been held by my hand so tight, then I removed my hands and look at the streets trying to remove the awkwardness, but like always, he just laughed, making me comfortable again.

We headed to where his car is parked, we walked back to Nando's but Harry and the others weren't there anymore. We went to the other side and I can see his black sports car.

He opened the door for me, I sat beside the driver's seat and waited for him to sit on the driver's seat.

I smiled at him, "so, where are we going?"

"Somewhere we can be alone just like you said." He said starting the engine.

"Where? Hotel?" I asked.

"Nahh, that's unromantic" He commented.

I used the seat belt then crossed my arms, "you know we're not really dating." I said, groaning at him just like the whole day.

"Why do you smile to the other boys and groan at me the whole day?" He said smiling while his eyes on the road.

"You're the only one thinking like that." I said.

"Maybe because I'm the only one who you groan at always." He defended.

"Maybe because you're ruining the day and making it worse." I answered back.

"Maybe because I think that you're cuter when you're angry." He said.

"Maybe becau.. What?!" I said.

"I said you're cuter." He repeated.

"Don't repeat it." I said crossing my arms tighter, "And I don't believe you." I added.

"You're cuter." He repeated again.

I stared at the road, trying not to show my smile, because that will even motivate him to tease me and won't stop.

"You're cuter." He said again.

I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"You're cuter." He said again and again.

I turned to him, "I said stop!!" I said.

"Stop? Then why are you blushing?" He said still looking at the road.

I lean back on the seat and covered my face with my two hands, "No, I'm not blushing!!!" I denied.

"Then why is your face red?" He said.

"Maybe because you need to shut up!!" I said.

"Ok," he said smiling.

My hands slowly went back to my chest and crossed it again, why would I blush?! What's with blushing, I'm not blushing, I'm just hiding my smile because I can't help but to laugh at the way he says I'm cute even though I'm not!

"Let's stop there." I said pointing at a cafe, I'll end this all, right now, right there.

"Why?" He said with very cute puppy eyes.

"Stop that look!" I said, "It's my favorite cafe" I lied.

"Oh ok." He said parking the car near it.

We entered it together, people looked at us, Niall's perfect face really drew too much attention.

He again held the chair for me and he sat on the opposite, a waiter came to take our orders.

"What's your favorite here?" Niall asked.

"What?" I asked. "I thought this is your favorite cafe?" He asked.

Oopps, "Order their bestseller." I just said.

I acted texting on my phone while waiting for our order, typing random in the text box, "am I going to say the truth?" Typed then erased, "I wish everything will be back to normal" typed then erased, "I'll die." Typed then erase.

Our orders were served and we're asked for more but Niall just said no and finally turned to me without sipping any from his coffee.

"So..." He said smiling.

I grabbed the cup of my coffee then sipped a little, it doesn't taste good, maybe because I'm too nervous that even my tongue buds are trembling.

"Ok.." I said, then looked at him in the eyes. "Yes, I am Elisa's ghost singer." I finally admitted.

He looked at me swallowing what I said, then asked, "say the full name, just to make sure."

I glared at him, "Tsss, ok, I am Elisa Austeen's ghost singer, yes, you heard it right, I am Elisa Austeen's ghost singer"

✂-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it was short, I'll try my best to make it longer the next update. I'm so sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 115 21
Every Directioner's dream is to meet One Direction and see their hotness or witness a bromance, but for 16 year old Tiffany it's different. The boys...
67.8K 875 21
Kendra and Harry Styles were bestfriends. But when Harry leaves for x-factor and becomes part of One Direction, he abandons Kendra, who depended heav...
16.3K 576 57
Morgan was just your normal teenage girl. Pretty popular, decent looking, average grades, but being locked in a classroom for six hours with a murder...
158K 2.7K 33
Kelsey hates One Direction. I mean, what's the point of falling in love with 5 guys who don't even know you exist? Kelsey's best friend, Anna, LOVES...