I.R.L. (A MrMitch361 Story)

By ClumsyBek

"Hey guys it's me Apple! And welcome back to the Cube Smp! Now, as many of you know I can't go to Pax because... More

Chapter 1- recording
Chapter 2- check twitter
Chapter 3- team speak
chapter 4- traveling
chapter 5- meeting mrmitch
chapter 6- getting settled
chapter 7- hanging with the guys
chapter 8- crayons, lions, and hot sauce
chapter 9- wake up calls
chapter 10- phone calls and failed jokes
chapter 11- late night with mitch
chapter 12- breakfast
chapter 13- title names are hard
chapter 14- weird friends (5k :D)
chapter 15- awkward conversations
chapter 16- downtown
chapter 17- that was... interesting
chapter 18- confusion and walks
chapter 19- two AM and FIFA
chapter 20- Fourth of July
chapter 21- FIFA with the hockeyheads
chapter 22- I'm going to kill Brayden
chapter 23- homesickness and pool fun
chapter 24- Adventure
chapter 25- told you so
chapter 26- an awkward wake up call
10k reads and Q&A!
Q&A Answers!
chapter 28- pizza
chapter 29- hanging with the hockeyheads
chapter 30- teasing and streaming
chapter 31- 100,000 and midnight cities
chapter 32- plaques and bubble wrap
chapter 33- goodbye
Chapter 34- home
Chapter 35- hello
Chapter 36- cubers and ubers
37- junk food and fries
A Conclusion of Sorts (an unofficial Chapter 38)

chapter 27- music festival

752 35 127
By ClumsyBek

[Make sure to ask your questions in the Character ask while you still can! I will probably answer those tomorrow, so be sure to get your questions in!!!]

"So how was the concert?" I asked Mitch as we started walking from the car to the park. There was a local music festival going on not too far away from Mitch's town, so we decided to go. Mitch had gotten home earlier today from Ryan's and went straight to bed for a long nap. Apparently, they didn't get much sleep over there, they stayed up all night.

Mitch came over to me and walked besides me. We soon fell instep with each other as we walked towards the music. He smiled as he recalled the night before. "Is was so cool! So many lights, and the music was so loud, and they had-"

"So many screaming girls? Yourself and Brayden included." I finished for him with a smile. Mitch rolled his eyes and took his phone out of his pocket.

"It wasn't all girls, we saw a few other guys. Stop steping on my music taste." He laughed. "Here, I took some pictures, look." He handed me the phone and I scrolled though them as we kept walking. Selfie. Selfie. Selfie with Brayden. Brayden. Selfie.

"Did you take any pictures that weren't of you or Brayden?" I laughed, Mitch's cheeks reddened a bit as he scrolled past more selfies and got to the other pictures. There were pictures of the stage, of the arena, and of the crowd during the concert. "Well it sounds like you had fun." I smiled at him as I handed him his phone back.

"I did, but it would've been more fun if you would've went with us." Mitch hinted as he put his phone back in his pocket. We had reached the park, and were currently looking for a good spot to sit that was close to the stage so we could hear the music, but not so close that we couldn't hear each other.

"Let it go dude, it's in the past." I laughed as I followed Mitch to an open spot. We spread out the blanket that we had brought with us and sat down on it. "Besides, I had fun with Ella yesterday. Not counting the part where she kicked my butt in Just Dance." Mitch laughed as he took his phone and camera back out and set them on the blanket. I grabbed his phone and opened up the camera. "Smile for twitter!" Mitch turned and gave me a really cheesy smile. His eyes were closed and his smile was big. I went onto twitter and posted the picture.

MrMitch361- music festival with OrangeApple12 can't wait! :D

"I look so weird, delete it!" Mitch laughed as he read the tweet from over my shoulder. He tried to grab my phone but I pushed him away.

"No, it's cute. Besides, the fans love it." I laughed as I leaned against his chest, trying to push him away. Mitch wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned forward, so he was canceling out my act to push him away.

"Fine, I won't delete it. Just give me my phone." Mitch laughed as he took his phone from my hands. We sat back down, somewhat normally, and tried to ignore the stares that we were getting from the people around us. "Now it's my turn, smile!" Mitch held up his phone and I mimicked him, closing my eyes and smiling wide. "Ha ha, very funny." Mitch said in a monotonous voice

"Look, we look alike." I pointed at the pictures. We mostly looked alike since we were both wearing our glasses. Usually Mitch would only wear his glasses at home and then switch to contacts when we would leave the house. But since the aquarium, whenever we've gone out, he always kept his glasses on. Apart from the concert last night.

"You're a dork." Mitch rolled his eyes while he smiled. He propped himself up by placing both of his arms behind him. His legs where sprawled out in front of him while mine where crossed. To release my inner five year old, I was sitting crisscross applesauce.

"Whatever, you're not one to talk." I said, pointing out the fact that he was lightly swaying to the music. He stuck out his tounge at me, which I mimicked in response. As we sat there, listening to the music, I thought about how when I went home, it would be times like these that I would remember. And I was fine with that.

-------

"Mitch! There's a playground!" I screamed as I ran towards it, Mitch following not too far behind. The music festival was taking a bit of an intermission, so Mitch and I decided to walk around. I had left Mitch to carry the blanket as I jumped on one of the swings.

"You're such a child." Mitch laughed as he set the blanket down on the ground. He leaned against the pole and watched me attempt to swing.

"Shut up and push me." Mitch shook his head smiling as he walked behind me and started to push me. I smiled as I got higher and higher. After a while, I didn't feel Mitch behind me anymore. I turned to see that he had gotten on the other swing and he was pointing his phone at me. I laughed and recorded him with the camera. "Two can play at that game." I smiled at him.

"Fine, you win. Okay?" Mitch asked as he lowered his phone.

"Okay." I turned the camera off. We swung for a little while in silence. The birds chirping and the creaking of the metal chains chopped up the silence and broke it every so often. I listened to the chains whine as I kicked my legs so I could try and swing higher."Hey Mitch," I broke our silence as I kicked my legs again.
"Hmm?" Mitch was lazily swinging, he wasn't really trying to go high. His feet were still touching the ground as he moved back and fourth. His eyes were closed as he held his face up towards the sun.

"What has been the best part of your summer so far?" I stuck my legs out in front of me and watched them fall as my swing went backwards. The swing went back forwards, and they rose again. Partially because I was curious, partially because I wanted to keep our conversation going. Mitch didn't say anything for a few seconds, I guess he was just thinking. As I kicked my legs again I heard him speak in a soft voice.

"You." He spoke so softly, that I almost didn't hear him over the creaking of the chain. I turned my head to look at him as I swung, he was looking at me already, his eyes squinting because of the sun.

I took a few moments to think of a response. I slowed down my swinging and dropped a few feet in height as I extended my legs so my feet lightly dragged on top of the grass. As I came closer to Mitch's height, I decided to speak. "You too." Mitch looked up and gave me a shy smile.

"Come on, I think the music's going to begin again." He stood up from his swing and with one hand he grabbed the blanket and in the other, he held it out to me. I grabbed his hand and jumped off of my swing. We walked instep of each other with our conjoined hands swinging between us.

---------

I was lying on the blanket on my back with my eyes closed, lazily drumming my fingers on the ground. Mitch was sitting next to me, trying to hum along to the music. We were still at the festival, just chilling out and listening to the different performers. Some where bands, some were people singing as they played an instrument, and some was just instrumental music. It was like an open mic for any kind of musician. I was relaxing as I listened to the somewhat classical music that was being played when I felt Mitch grab my hand and pull me up.

"What are we doing?" I asked when we were both standing. Mitch smiled and placed one hand on my waist and the other in my own hand.

"Dancing." He shrugged simply as he kept smiling at me

"Okay, but I'm warning you, I'm not very good. Just ask Ella." I laughed lightly as I intertwined our fingers and placed my other hand on Mitch's shoulder. We moved back and forth, taking a few random steps and called that dancing. "Do you even know what your doing?" I laughed and looked up at Mitch

"No idea." He laughed as he shook his head. We swayed along to the music and Mitch let go of my waist and spun me. We laughed as we continued dancing to the flow of the music.

"Mitch, people are staring at us." I told him in a quiet whisper. I realized that we probably were distracting. Everyone else was just sitting and enjoying the music like normal people, and here was us. Two crazy teenagers who just have to be different.

"Let them." Mitch whispered as he leaned his head down so that our foreheads were touching. He gave me a small smile and in returned it. The song ended, but Mitch kept dancing so I danced with him. "I don't think you're that bad." Mitch spoke, breaking the silence that fell on us.

"Wow, thanks. You're very good at complements." I laughed as Mitch rolled his eyes. "You know, you're a shockingly good dancer." I noted. We hadn't stepped on each other yet, which according to books and movies, was a normal thing to do.

"What can I say? I'm just that good." Mitch laughed again

"Cocky much?" I teased

"Only a little." The song ended again, but instead of another slow song come up next, it was followed by some weird pop music that was being played. "I think that's their way to tell us to stop dancing." Mitch laughed as we sat back down.

"Darn, we were getting so good at it too." I laughed along with him. "So what was better? One Direction or music festival?" I asked as my fingers fumbled with the edge of the blanket.

Mitch was quiet for a moment. We sat in silence, which was a normal occurrence for us I guess. I kept playing with the blanket, picking at the lose threads until Mitch answered and broke the silence. "Music festival."

I snapped my head up and looked at him in disbelief. "Really?" He chose some music festival over a professional concert that he had been talking about for months. "Why?"

"Yes, really. And I don't I know. I guess the concert was just missing something." He spoke softly as he gave me a smile. "And you know, no Brayden."

I laughed loudly, "Now that, I can agree too." I grabbed Mitch's phone and unlocked it before opening twitter.

MrMitch361- OrangeApple12 is cooler than TheCampingRush deal with it B) #truth

"Okay, I never said that." Mitch rolled his eyes and took his phone away from my hands.

"No, but it was implied." I gave him a fake innocent smile. Mitch scoffed while he typed away on his phone, most likely creating a new tweet.

MrMitch361- today was fun :) wish I would've vlogged

"You're fueling the fire." I joked as I leaned over to read his tweet

"I don't mind." Mitch smiled before shutting his phone off.

"Today was good." I smiled as I leaned on Mitch. I faced the stage as I listened to whatever song was being played at the moment. Mitch leaned on me and did the same. I looked up to see Mitch nodding in response.

"Today was awesome." Mitch smiled

A/N: sorry if it's crappy, I was having some writer's block today but I pushed through because that's the only way to defeat it. :p anyways, I did some experimentation in this chapter by trying out a bit of a different writing style, mostly seen in the part when they're on the swings, so let me know what you think. You guys are insane, we have over 100 comments on the last chapter, what?! That's crazy! Please keep it up by commenting,voting, and following!! It would mean so much to me.

Shameless self promo: check out my Kiani AU: Band-Aid

Don't forget to leave your questions in the character Q&A! Answers should be out tomorrow hopefully if we have enough, so make sure to ask questions! It can be any question!
Also, tomorrow I am leaving to go up north where nthere is no WiFi, so that means that updates will be a little postponed- sorry :(

But you guys are awesome! And I'm sorry for he long authors note, there's just so much going on right now. But I love you guys,
-Bek :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 7.4K 49
Feelings are stupid. Romance is dumb. Gaming and mac-n-cheese, now that's where it's at. Being the best at gaming is her profession. But Dream says o...
2M 77K 34
"You remember what I said a few months ago?" Alex asked. "About when you hit one million subscribers?" You thought for a moment, sorting through your...
27.7K 714 32
That was our goodbye, but not our last because I will see her at Pax, and I can get what I deserved, the girl with that thing. --- reached #8 in "the...
17.8K 515 23
Hi I'm nancy or dawn, dawn comes from my Youtube account dawnwolfXD. And I'm going to a new school that just finished building...and it's called 'You...