Captivating The Uncrowned Pri...

By CamillaEldridge

I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wr... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Christmas' Special Chapter

Chapter Forty

16.3K 517 78
By CamillaEldridge

Chapter Forty

I immediately called Alex the moment I had a chance. Damn! This story was getting crazy and getting serious.

If Katherine had been under that doctor for a long time then this had been well planned, very well planned. except for Jeanne's amnesia maybe.

I called Alex, telling him the new information I just go. "Damn. The case is getting harder and harder. There were a lot of traps, how are we going to get through this?" He frustratedly said.

"Dude how long will this take?" I asked, impatient for this to end.

I needed to be with her. I needed to woo her. I needed to do something even before the damn doctor gets her!

"Dude we are doing our best, but right now all evidences are only until Lyra. Nothing more. These cases are too huge to be done by one person. You have to stick with Katherine. If you wouldn't she will not opt to for the guards, she will be an easy prey. "

Fuck. I need a substitute! Why can't just Jeanne wake up from his damn amnesia!

"Dude, this is too much. My wife needs me too. This is too much show. From the newspaper to our personal lives. I wanted to be out of it, but I can't" I sighed.

"Katherine's pregnant." I said.

"Whoa! Dude! Don't you dare tell me about how you did it."

Fuck this man. I will behead him.

"The baby is not mine!" I roared.

He chuckled. "I know. Sorry for ruining your moment. Continue dude."

"I wanted to back out Alex..."

"But the baby." He said, continuing my sentence. "You are worried with the baby. You cannot just leave Kathy and the baby all open and no one to protect. You always have that hero-istic bone on yours."

He just said everything I wanted. I sighed. This just keep on being wrong and wrong each day.

"Dude. Give me a week. After that I will help you chasing Monique. If you want we can kidnap her. I have connections."

Kidnap? Hmmm. That sounds inviting.

---

I'm on my way to Vince's house. Should I be surprise that they live together? I guess not.

She paid the services of my whole week. I did not want to at first, but she doubled my hospital pay.

How lucky can she be? Affording my professional fees, even doubling them without making her broke.

And as for me, I needed the money for my little one.

I walked on the gates of Forbes, the guards are questioning, as their standard operating procedures.

I breathed hard before starting to walk.

This will be a long walk Valerie. You have to bear with momma. We needed money baby.

Momma wants to buy a cute little onesies for you honey or perhaps momma could buy from thrift store, that will be less costly.

I sighed but then knowing I will have this little one with me after a few months made me excited.

I smiled and caressed my tummy and almost jumped with the sound of horn behind me.

I saw a familiar Porsche. It's 911.

He went out of his car, his eyes were not twinkling like it usually does. He has those stubbles over his face and an unclean haircut I was not used to.

"Can I give you a ride?" He softly asked.

I walked in and open on the passenger seat. I'd rather swallow my pride than risk that I might trip over something.

He slowly drove towards the house, like he was very careful in driving. Like I was a fragile thing that will break the moment he speeds up.

Like he knew I was pregnant.

Or maybe, he used to drive like this now that he has a baby with Katherine.

"Where is your car?" He softly asked.

I looked away. Did he really have to ask? Was he that cruel?

I looked away from him. He did not need to pity me.

"I sold it. It was included on my partial payment. I'm doing my best to raise my other debts just give me sometime."

He stopped, causing me to look at him. "You did what?" He weakly said, like guilt was eating him

I fake a smile. "Give me more time and I'll raise those finances. Just..." I closed my eyes, having difficulty to say, "J-just sign the d-divorce papers. Even after the d-divorce I will pay you."

He looked away, but by his ears I know he was turning red, which often happens when he is furious.

He looked at me with those frustrated eyes. "Is that how much you want to be free Monique? You are willing to sell your car. What else did you sell? Did you sell your pad?"

I looked away from him...

Was he hurt with what I did? Was he feeling guilty? He shouldn't be should he? This is the best remedy I can do.

He chuckled sarcastically, "So you did."

"Don't worry I will pay you..."

He looked at me, and I know he wanted me to stop talking.

"Did you not get the point that I don't want that divorce? That I did not want you free? What do I have to do Monique? What do I have to do not to lose you?"

I chuckled and wiped the tears that fell. "Funny how you can act hot and cold at the same time Vince. All the time we've been in a relationship I was never your top priority. It was never me."

"Monique please hear me out."

"I've been your wife. I am your wife. Why do I feel like I was the mistress? Why do I have to share your love?"

"I did not want you to feel that way Monique. Just hear me out Monique. Please."

I shook my head. Not because I do not want to talk to him, to know his reasons.

But because I do not want to ruin his relationship with Katherine, especially now they are having a baby.

A baby that I myself will check on.

A baby that was even a half-brother or half-sister of my baby.

I smiled at him. "Please Vince. The wounds are fresh. Sorry if I had to say those words. Just...Just forget it."

"I respect your relationship with her. She does not deserve to be betrayed. She does not deserve to be lied on. She's a woman Vince, and it will hurt her, when she knew you have not signed on the divorce papers she will be hurt."

----

I spend few minutes asking Duchess Katherine if she was feeling anything weird.

She said she has not.

I frowned and asked, "Why did you had to call me Madame?"

"Madame?" She frowned. "Call me Kathy. You did not need to call me that."

"But you are m-my...m-my patient."

"Oh." She said and her smile fell.

"I thought you were my friend."

I felt guilty. I did not mean to make her sad.

"Sorry madame." I just said. Now I know why Vince could not stop loving her.

There was no way you are not going to love her.

"Can you be my friend?" She asked.

"But..."

"Please?" She said with those batting eyelashes.

I just smiled and nodded.

"Yes! Great!"

Later that day she asked me on what to do. I help her doing her schedule. She had a time for her classical music, for story telling, for a little exercise and of course, for sleep.

"Wait. I needed to call Vincent." She said.

One of the guards, which I have never seen walk over to talk to her then left. And by the way, it seems like all his body guards are new, and they are way a lot now than before.

He hates those guards as far as I know.

But then, I looked at the woman in front of me.

Of course, he needed to protect her.

I saw Vince coming in with a glass of milk on his hand. "Time for milk Katherine."

I felt a stabbing pain on my chest, which I should have not felt.

I bought a milk for Valerie too, but not the best one.

I just needed to limit it to my budget while I still have no pay.

Usually, I only drink one glass at night, since I cannot afford two or more glasses, The milk needed to last until my next pay day.

Sorry if momma cannot give you all the nutrients baby.

I have no heart to ruin their relationship. After all they looked like the best couple. Vince was sweet in bringing Katherine her milk. Simply acts that if he did to me will make my heart skip a beat.

"Vince I needed classical musics. Can we buy more? I just have a few."

She sounded like she was just asking for a candy.

"Right away." He simply answered.

I did not have any classical music to listen into, but I can substitute them with books and my voice I guess.

I did not have a good voice, unlike Vince, but at least, I'm at tune. I know their baby will be amazing, their combination was perfect.

I checked on the clock it was five in the afternoon. "C-can I go?" I asked.

"Why don't you join us for dinner?" She offered.

I smiled and shook my head. "I have another clinic tonight."

She frowned at me. "Didn't I booked them all?"

"No. I had three jobs." I said.

Vince looked at me. His eyes were full of guilt. Or maybe of pity.

"Are you not abusing your body?" Kathy asked.

I just shrugged. My little one needs me.

"I'll go now." I said.

"Vince why don't you bring her to work then go get some classical music for me?"

"No need I can walk-" "I'll just prepare the car." He said.

----

It is obvious that Katherine was doing something to make Monique and I spend more time together and I am not going to miss those times.

Although I know, she hates me too much that she wanted to get rid of me.

I waited for her in the car and she boarded after few minutes.

I silently drove, this is the chance where I have to see where she lives.

I called my lawyer and fired him the moment I know he knew about the properties she sold.

I called on another lawyer to get them all and put it back to her name. Damn! She really sold her pad! Even their ancestral house!

The beast in me wanted to kidnap her and bring her to our island and tie her on the bed post and not let go of her not until she is carrying my Valerie Maegan.

She's a hard headed woman.

"Just drop me by the gate and I'll take a bus from there."

Hell no.

"I will bring you home. You need to rest."

"Vince I still have a job..."

I looked at her intimidatingly. "I said, you need to rest."

She sighed and seemed to be lost on her thoughts.

Then I thought, where does she live? Does she live with Mark right now?

Damn. I'll make sure he will expel him out of America with his family if he does.

He has a choice. Either in Antartica or in Pluto.

He needed to stay away from Monique.

Alexander promised me. One week is the latest. After that he will be able to get me out of this trouble.

And if Monique will not listen, I have no choice but to get her, by hook or by crook.

She gave me the instructions and I was frowning on how far her new place is with the city.

Is she taking buses? All alone? After late nights of work?!

Damn. I'm going to shoot myself.

I was frowning as I see the surroundings. Damn. Is this even a place for residence?

Busted lights. Narrow road. And an old...small...many...units of, is this even called a house?

"We're here. You can stop the car now." She softly said.

Fast, she removed her seatbelt before looking at me, swiftly saying "Thank you." And was on her way out when I grabbed her by the arm.

She looked at my hand, then up at me. "How long have you been living here?" I asked, trying to control my temper.

"A little over a three days now." She said.

Damn! That long? Fuck!

"Why did you live here? This is not even near to a house! Look around you! Damn! What the hell are you thinking Monique?!"

She just shrugged, emotionless. "It is all I can afford Vince. You do not have to really know."

"And you are doing this because you wanted to be out of this." I said.

"I did not want to ask for help. I've been walking here for three days and nothing happened on me. If the people here lived here for years why can't I."

"Right. You always do not want to ask for help." I said before driving away from the place.

"Vince what do you think you are doing?!" She hysterically cried.

"Getting you home. A real one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 281 13
warning: MATURE CONTENT "Sugar" Check "Toothpaste" Check "Books" Check . . . . . . . . "A packet of rice" Check "Fine. So we have bought everything...
1.6M 42.7K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
48.3K 3.3K 63
( UNEDITED ) First Place Holder in Writer's Choice Awards 2020 ☘️ " I didn't know that you were my would be wife", I clear my throat and said coldly...
706K 20.3K 25
I was 17 when I ask him to take my virginity but he explicitly said no. Now, eight years later I need to ask him the same humiliating question again...