Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

15- unbalanced battle

815 102 51
By shinymewgirl

Anne walked out of the change rooms in the fifth dress she'd tried on this evening. Honestly, spending an afternoon shopping for a dress was not my idea of a good time. Especially since every time she tried a new dress on she come out with her coat on so you couldn't even see the whole dress. I'd let her pick a bunch and she insisted on trying on everyone, I just kinda went with it, she's seven and just came from a similar situation I came from so at this point I'd help her get away with murder... okay not literally, but you get the jist.

"Try coming out without your coat Anne, that way we can see the dress better... well I can since the boys both ditched me."

~Can't blame em, this is boring.~ Faith yawned, flicking her tail before pouncing on it like a baby Skitty.

Anne shook her was and hugged the coat. "I-I like this one. We don't need to try on the rest."

I furrowed my eyebrows in an expression of thought and suspicion. I kneeled down to her hight but she looked away as soon as I did so. "Anne, it's okay if you don't want to take it off. I don't like to take my jumper off a lot of the time, so don't worry about it. If you want to still try on other things with your coat on, you can."

Anne looked up at me looking quite surprised. She shook her head and hugged herself a little tighter. "No, I still like this one."

The dress, from what I could see was almost identical to her old one, being the exact same shade of pink just brand new.

I nodded. "Okay, get your clothes back on and we'll go pay for that then we can go find the boys."

Anne nodded before dashing in the change rooms. I heard her sigh in relief a moment later making me smile to myself. If she went though anything like what I did, she probably would have scars she wants to hide... I always did. I'd always been shameful of not being able to stick up for myself or fight back against what happened and I guess that's what helped shape me into who I am, wanting to be stronger then anything that could hurt me.

"Emma?"

I looked up at Anne who was giving me a worried look, the fifteen dresses she had picked out in her small arms, her chosen one hanging from her arm. "You spaced out, are you alright?"

I nodded and gave her a smile. "I was just thinking, that's all."

Anne nodded. "Should we put these back?"

I took the dresses from her and handed them to Faith. "Put these back." I smiled with a hint of slyness.

~Do it yourself.~ She snorted before disappearing in a flash of light pink light.

I rolled my eyes. "Lazy Pokemon."

~Oh yeah, she's lazy.~ Mel rolled her eyes.

I handed the normal-psychic type half the dresses. "Just help."

Melody snorted and accepted the dresses before flying off. I took Anne's hand into mine before leading her to put the remaining dresses back on their shelves before heading to the cash register to pay. Thankfully, unfortunately in this mall, I wasn't allowed to keep my hood up and it was only a matter of time before I was recognised, either for my place as champion or as the 'Plasma girl freak from Unova'. Even though that shit had been sorted out, not everyone got the message that I wasn't a menace to society.

Not wanting to go to an actual register I went to the self serve registers, quickly paid for Anne's dress and met up with Melody and Faith who were waiting patently outside the shop we were in.

~Took you long enough.~ Faith snorted.

I rolled my eyes. "Not everyone is gifted with the joy of flight Faith."

I'll say.

"Shut it Night."

Aww.

As soon as we left the mall I pulled my hood back over my face and shoved my spare hand in my pocket while my other held onto Anne.

I gritted my teeth as the all to familiar feeling of being watched returned. It was hard to tell the difference if I was just being paranoid like earlier or if I was really being watched.

You're being watched... and followed.

"See, why can you be helpful like this more often?"

Cause these guys look like bad news. They're hiding behind a building a few feet behind you.

"Okay... wait, how do you know this?"

I have my ways.

"And what would that be?"

Arceus getting sick of my pranks and giving me a mirror portal thingy majiggy. I stalk you a lot.

"Am I that interesting?"

Nope, I'm only allowed to stalk you.

"Gee thanks."

I'd Ducklette if I were you.

"What?"

DUCKLETTE!

Pulling Anne down with me, I duckletted (A/N- I crack myself up, Ducklette XD ) in time to dodge an attack that narrowly flew over my head. Anne let out a scream and clung to my arm but I doubt hers was heard over the hundreds of other screams from random civilians. I pushed Anne behind me while Hope and Trust jumped in front of me, ears pricked on high alert.

"Mel, take Anne back to the Pokemon centre and get the others!" I ordered.

I glanced down at Anne who looked absolutely terrified, clinging to her shopping bag tightly to her chest. "Anne, go with Melody."

She even didn't have time to nod before Melody grabbed her hand and pulled her away. I spun around, pulling Rio's Pokéball from my belt while powering up a Moonblast in the other.

In front of me stood three members of what I remember to be as grunts of Team Prosperity. Two members of the team of three were obviously the grunts but one member looked higher up, like an admin or whatever they decided to call them. His suit was black with green stitching out lining his black mega evolution symbol on his left side pocket. Unlike his grunts he wore black sunglasses to cover his eyes.

Three Pokemon were lined up in front of them, the familiar sight of the corrupted mega Scizor stood on either side of a new corrupt one, this time a Tyranitar. The Tyranitar was mostly black with pulsing green lights emitting from the normally red stomach now turned white. His green eyes were completely focused on me as its target while his back up Scizor snapped their claws in my direction, clear waiting order to be able to attack me.

"Are you going to make this easy for us or do we have to hurt someone?" The leader asked.

I glanced around me, most the people had either cleared or were watching from a far off distance.

I glared at the Prosperity members and shook my head. "Rio, stand by!" I ordered as I threw her Pokéball into the air.

My Arcanine leapt from her Pokéball and landed between Hope and Trust, snarling at Tyranitar who was growling back.

"Why must every evil organisation I run into be obsessed with me. I'm not that interesting." I growled.

"Give up now Voice of Purity. We have you surrounded." The leader demanded.

I raised an eyebrow and switched my Moonblast I was was hanging onto to my other hand. "I wouldn't exactly call three guys being surrounded."

Behind you!

I quickly turned around to see three more grunts behind me. I pulled Guardian's Pokèball from my belt and let her out. She landed lightly on the ground, crouching low to the ground, her lips pulled back into a snarl as she bared her fangs at the sight of the grunts. She most likely remembered her previous encounter with the grunts and was determined not to fail again.

It only too moments longer for me to be completely surrounded. My Pokemon spread out so they were standing in a circle around me protectively. I did a quick head count and counted 15 Scizor along with the Tyranitar against my 5 Pokemon. Hope, Trust, Rioyaru, Guardian and Faith were the only Pokemon I had that could fight since Dreamer, Petunia and Trixie were far to weak to fight these things.

"Still want to fight or do you still want to do this the hard way?" The leader smirked.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance and threw my Moonblast I'd been holding at him. "Stay the hell away away from me already! I'm so fucking over this!"

~Watch your language missy.~ Rio growled while I gave her a 'you're-seriously-concerned-about-my-lanuage-now' look while she nodded.

"Eeshk." I rolled my eyes.

"Hard way it is then. Grunts, show this girl how we take to disrespectful little worms." The leader snort deviously.

The grunts ordered their Pokemon to attack while I called mine to defend. My Pokemon obeyed without hesitation and counted every opposing Pokemon's move with one of their own, throwing an attack inhere and there that would hit it's opponent. I joined in as well, throwing out whatever attack would come to mind from Aura Sphere to Energy Ball while still trying to figure out a way to tip the scales in my favour. These things could battle for hour without showing any signs of exhaustion while mine would eventually be to tired to fight. Even though I had faith in all my Pokemon, they were still regular Pokemon.

I gritted my teeth and countered a Shadow Ball with a blast of water. I was continually circling around, checking that all of my Pokemon were alright and that nine of them had gotten hit. My mind kept wandering to the three Pokéballs that remained on my belt but I averted it ways out of this.

It didn't take long for my Pokemon to begin waring down. Stray attacks to fly over head as my five Pokemon struggled to keep up their consistent attacks. Beads of sweat dripped down my face as even I started finding it hard to keep on attacking. I doubled over with my hands on my knees, panting for air.

I glanced up at my Pokemon in time to see a cage of plasma energy surround Faith. The Mew screamed in furry, attacking the force field prison with all the energy she had left.

"Let her go!" I demanded enraged, glaring at the leader.

The cage floated over the the leader who held the sphere in his hands as if it was nothing. "Why should I do that? You chose to do this the hard way and this is the hard way." He raised his hand and all the corrupt Mega Pokemon stopped attacking my ones.

My remaining Pokemon came in closer to me, panting for air or growling at the man holding Faith who seemed to be even more enraged. She stopped attacking the cage and tried to use Teleport but it didn't seem to work inside the sphere she was trapped in. I dug my nails in to my palms and glared at the man and Tyranitar in front of me.

"What do you want?" I demanded, wondering what could be keeping my brother and boyfriend.

"We simply need you, come with us and your little Pokemon here won't die from lack of air." He smirked.

Faith seemed to freeze, covering her mouth with her paws as if to stop herself from breathing.

I let out a growl and balled my hands into firsts. Of course I didn't want to give myself up, but Faith was my Pokemon, my friend and family. I didn't yet know the limits with these guys so I could only assume he would do what he said. But what of my other Pokemon? Guardian could mega evolve and if they'd corrupted her against me I would never forgive myself for putting her in that situation.

My hand made its way to my Absol's mane. I curled my fingers around her, assuring myself she was there.

~Don't worry about me Emma, save Faith.~ Guardian told me quietly. ~She's family.~

I looked between my two Pokemon. Faith seemed to be gasping more and more for air and my Mew looked in pain, leaving me with no choice other to surrender to my opponents wishes.

"I-I'll do it. Just let her go." I mumbled, loud enough to be heard.

The leader snickered and fiddled with a dial on some control he held. Whatever he'd done seemed to let air flow back into the prison Faith was trapped in.

Faith gave me a look of shame and sorrow. ~I'm sorry Em. I just...~

I shook my head, telling her to worry about it. I should if kept a better eye on my Pokemon.

"Return your Pokemon." The leader demanded. 

I pulled my Pokéballs from my belt and returned my team, apart from Faith who was still trapped. I clipped them back to my belt, but not before switching one of the balls on my belt with an empty one from the side pocket of my belt.

I slipped it into my jeans pocket before crossing my arms in front of me, keeping a careful eye on Faith and the guy who practically had her life in his hands. "Now what?" I growled.

All I saw was a Scizor rush towards me at a speed to fast to match before I was knocked out cold, falling to the ground as everything faded black.

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2264

Done~! Now things start getting interesting. More stuff in Team Prosperity soon to come.

Vote, comment and cookie for everyone who does both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 1 27
I see a blinding light just ahead. I feel it calling to me. Using all my strength I yank myself a few more inches. I yank my body towards the light...
44.2K 1.3K 17
A female Ash Ketchum is faced with being unable to fulfill her dreams with prejudices against her gender, and realizing that the world is a dark, ugl...
445 63 7
"I thought I had no 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼... Now I realize 𝓘 𝓭𝓸." This was it - you were entering Giovanni's office, prepared to the the evil organ...
7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...