Captivating The Uncrowned Pri...

By CamillaEldridge

I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wr... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Christmas' Special Chapter

Chapter Thirty Six

15.1K 440 25
By CamillaEldridge

Chapter Thirty Six

And since that day. I live on my own.

I immediately hired a lawyer to coordinate with Vince.

The day Vince left me, I found myself on a church, crying.

Unexpected, Mark saw me. He comforted me and became a shoulder to cry on.

Was I wrong in asking him to stay? To be with me? To comfort me because I was too broken?

Or did I not mean a thing to him?

He just needed a call from her, and he will leave anyone.

Why did I not saw this one coming?

I should have learned, that no matter what, he will always put her first.

He left me with his promises of forever.

I gave him all, but he left nothing for me.

I started moving out of his place a day after he went away. His guards will not let me at first, they said they will be fired if I leave his house.

And for the first time, I did not care at all.

I moved out of the house, carefully selected everything that was mine.

I did not get anything he gave me, I left those dresses, even my phone on his room...

And I removed the bracelets and the ring, and safely put them on his vault.

The ring might have fit rightly for me, but it does not belong to me.

Now that I knew Duchess Katherine was free, there was no reason to stay on this marriage.

She was not married with Prince Jeanne. Apparently, they had a "fake marriage".

Vince may freely be with her now, and save her from all her heartaches.

It is easy to fall in love with the same girl you loved for years wasn't it?

I moved my things in my pad, only for the mean time.

I still needed to pay him, I needed to pay him even if I get broke.

I just needed to cut all the ties, for me to start anew.

I called mom and told her what happened. She wanted to go comfort me but I told her I was going with Mark in Africa, something Mark was convincing me to do for months.

She let me, knowing Mark, she knew he will not put me in danger.

I flew with Mark to Africa, to heal the wounds of the past,

and to close another chapter in life.

--
Mark was not lying about the condition of the people in Africa. I cried the first day we arrived.

Kids are being married at ten.

Some babies do have sexually transmitted disease.

Teenagers are pregnant.

I know, I have no right to criticize their culture for I am no one.

But I just can't help but feel so sad for them. They can have a great future ahead!

People from Africa had a curly hair, dark complexion and almost as tall as Americans.

But those things do not make them less human.

They may have different complexions, a little knowledge about the world, but they have the equal rights people have.

Actually, they welcomed me warmly, making me forget all the heartaches I have.

I was thankful I brought my tools with me. Also thankful that I brought a lot of medicines.

The kids, even most of them has STDs, it did not make them lesser happy. I play with them, laugh with them, hugged them.

They made me feel happy and contented.

We had a little quarters where us doctors stay for four months. It is a small room, with nothing but a bunk bed and a small electric fan, in a house, there were four small rooms.

Later that night I went out of my room to see the solemnity of Africa.

Right there and then I thought of what happened again.

I thought I was happy, but I guess not really.

After dad's death and after Vince left, I felt so alone.

Then I thought, what was the importance of life now?

I had no family, no money, nothing.

Then I thought of the kids, these kids I am with now. They can be happy with their problems, so why can't I be?

"Hey." My thoughts were disturbed by Mark. He held my face, not knowing he was wiping my tears away.

Maybe he is my knight in shining armour.

Just like Vince in Duchess Kathy's life.

"Are you alright? Do you want to go home?" He softly asked.

I shook my head. "I just miss dad." I said.

He gave me a small smiled and hugged me. "I hope I can make you feel better."

We sat on the pavement, neither of us is talking at first, but he broke the silence. "I'm happy you finally come with me here. It will be a great help having an ob-gyne with us."

I smiled. "It is a pleasure." I said.

"It keeps me busy, I love it. Instead of crying my heart out. I love helping them."

He held on my hand, causing me to look at him. "I know it's been a week Monique. I know you have not fully recovered from your heartache, but I am here. I never hide my feelings for you. I'm willing to help you forget him, just give me a chance. Let me enter into your life."

"Let me help you Monique. Not as a lover, or at least not yet, but as a friend. Let me help you move on with you dad, then with Vince. Gradually, let us take it slow, but please do not shut the thought out."

I smiled at him. Since our college days Mark has been known as a good man. No wonder why he helps those in need with no pay. He did not need to be a doctor for a living. He just love helping people.

Funny how he can have that super hero attitude too.

It's just that, the difference was he is my super hero.

"Let me move on Mark. You do not deserve to be a rebound." I said.

"But don't you worry, because the moment I have fully recovered, I will give you a chance."

I saw him smile brightly, he pulled me into a hug. "I know this is too early but thank you Monique. Thank you."

----

I flew to Europe straight to where Alex is.

I did not want to leave her, but this is a matter of life and death.

I do not want Katherine to die because no one will save her.

That damn prince needs to be beaten up for him to wake up. Damn his Amnesia! He should be saving his wife!

And the royal family was not even giving her protection. What if somebody shoots her?

Even the intention was vague. Was it because of politics? The money of the royal family? But I'm damn sure it is connected with Greg's sex tape and what happened to Tasha's man.

I do not care at all at this family, but Katherine, she's like my sister, and I cannot let her suffer the consequences the family did.

Knowing royal families, a lot are envy, they always wanted to pull them down, with or without cause.

I've been calling on Monique for hours but she was not answering. In the end I called the head of the security department.

"Where's Monique? Give her the phone." I authoritatively said. I instructed them not to let her go. I will deal with her I just needed a little time.

"Uhh sir..."

"I said give her the phone!" I shouted. I have not slept two days and I left my damn phone on the airplane.

"Your highness, Princess Monique l-left..."

"Left? Where did she go?"

Damn. My heart was beating fast... "S-sir, she brought all her things with her..."

"Fuuuuuck!" I growled.

"Look for her! You idiot! Why did you let her go! I will fire you all if you do not find her!"

"Sir yes sir!"

I threw my phone in frustration. Damn! She cannot leave me. Damn!

"Man we found her." Alex said. I looked at him, and he frowned. "Is there a problem?"

"Monique." I hissed. "She left me."

Alexander sighed. "Do you want me to track her?"

"No. You are right. It is my job." I said. I sit down and pulled my hair. Damn. Monique.

I know I was wrong with leaving her, but the situation is serious. The culprit can be anywhere. They might hurt Katherine. She has no protection at all.

Damn. Will Monique be the cost of saving Katherine's life?

"Dude. We will fix this." He said tapping my shoulder.

"She's moving toward Russia. We suspect her going to America after all. She knew somebody was following her." He said, pertaining to Katherine.

I nodded and called on the pilot. I needed to get Katherine then go back to Monique.

I needed to forget her for awhile. Just awhile.

"Vince you should see this." He said, he was on his laptop, one the FBI provided.

I saw a woman about my age, red head, white complexion, she has a pointy nose and serious face.

"Who is she?" I asked. Hell with Alex if this is just one of his flings.

"Her name is Lyra. The gun was seen on the sea shore, no fingerprints at all, but somehow she missed, having a fingerprint over the bullet they got from Jeanne. The fingerprints were from her."

"Are they having an affair?" I concluded.

He shrugged.

"We know nothing yet. The FBI was looking after her but cannot take any actions. They had not yet gathered any evidence against her. All we know is that she has no family, she's a bright kid graduating with honors. No husband nor kids." He said.

"She might be a dummy of the syndicate dealing drugs over Lexumbia, one they recently caught. King Henri gave the leader a death sentence eight months ago. "

"Do you think it is possible?"

"Looking at her physically I would say yes. My colleagues are just as tall and lean as her." He said looking at me. "And apparently she is chasing Katherine. She is heading where Kathy is heading too."

"Fuck! Are you doing something?!" I asked.

Alexander was the head of this operation. He told me this to ask for help. He knows I can manipulate Katherine, he knows I can get her without anyone being suspicious that we are protecting her.

If that Lyra was a dummy of the syndicate then we are facing a huge wall.

I can't help but think of Monique. I should not be near her, if she gets shoot too damn! I will die!

Fuck! If Jeanne is just alright this could have been easier!

"Dude, are you willing to help? Because this will costs a lot." I know he was not pertaining to money, but my wife.

"Lyra has been connected with Tasha's boyfriend, an acquaintance of Greg but we do not know with Jeanne. She is the key for this mystery. She is chasing Katherine, we do not know what will happen to her. We cannot ask help from the Royal Family, who knows someone inside is a traitor."

I was torn. Torn between saving Katherine and saving my relationship with Monique.

I do not want to hurt her anymore.

But...with this situation...

I sighed, became serious, and made up my mind. I closed my eyes saying...

"I'm in."

---

"We needed you and your power in media. First, we needed to protect Katherine, detach her from the royal family. You have to appear like a real couple, that she was over her husband, to shift Lyra's attention back to the Royal Family. We do not know her plans. We do not know who she is with. But now, let us protect Katherine first, you will be in charge for her. Most of the FBIs are going to Europe, they needed to investigate. Keep an eye on Katherine. Every second Vince...we do not know what might happen in a second she was out of your sight."

Those were Alexander's words to me.

He told me she was already at the my car and going her way on me.

I put my coat over her and handed her the shades. I got her bag before I put on a hand over her waist and kissed her hair.

Why am I not feeling anything?

She does not smell vanilla. Her hair does not have a curly volume. Her smile was not making my day bright.

Katherine is not who I wanted to be with now.

"I almost lost you" I said and I know I have to tell her a lot of lies. To tell her am not yet over her.

If she knew she brought trouble I'm sure she'll leave me and that will keep her unsafe.

Katherine is a good driver, they almost lost her, good thing they built in a microchip to saw where she is.

"Didn't I told you I'm okay?" She said. I know she's having trouble now.

Apparently, they are not married. Their marriage was faked. Plus the fact that she cannot bore a child was killing her.

I rolled my eyes and opened my condominium door. "Tell that to your swollen eyes."

I cannot bring her home. Damn! I am not ready to go home.

I don't want to feel the emptiness. Of losing Monique.

I hope. Really hope that she will forgive me. I needed to do this. I just need to.

She might have seen the tight security around the building. We just needed that.

"I'm going to my place" she told me. I pinched her nose and said, "Nice try" I rang the bell and the servant came in.

"Soft meal for Katherine" I instructed when a servant came. I settled her to my bed, and hugged her tight thinking I was hugging Monique.

But she does not feel the same.

Monique. Wait for me honey. Wait for me.

"Tell me I'm bad but I am the happiest man knowing you broke up with him" I lied. I needed her to believe that I was doing this not because I needed to help the FBI, but because I am still into her.

Actually I will beat Jeanne the moment he gain his memory. He should be doing this, protecting his wife.

She hugged me and cried. "Why me? Why do I have to be hurt twice? What wrong have I done for me to experience this? All I want was a simple relationship, not with a prince not with a CEO, not a multimillionaire man but a man who can give my needs is enough. I am pathetic. I never learned. Love is not my thing. It is never my thing"

"Why? Why does it have to happen to me again?" tears continue running down her face.

My heart softened. Seeing her this way again was making me sad too.

"Kathy, don't pity yourself" I murmur.

"I never fooled anyone; I never cheated in a relationship. Why do I always have to be suffering like this? " she sniffed.

"Kathy stop that" I cuddled her more.

I hated this feeling of being another person's shoulder to cry on when I cannot be with my wife to there for my wife.

She needs me too and I wanted to be there and mourn with her.

"I never thought a man can hurt me more than what Zach have done, I thought I learned already. I'm stupid!"

I faced her, wiping her tears away from her face, "You are perfect Katherine. You are beautiful, loving, humble, patient and kind-hearted. You are just loving the wrong man." I kissed her forehead and hugged her more.

"There is nothing wrong if you are afraid, frightened, or weak. It was never mistake to possess that"

I let her sleep in my arms that night, as I stay all awake. Thinking of my wife.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 702 24
Y/N pov: I was sitting in my room as always while my eyes were filled with tears of sorrowness after seeing my husband in the arms of other women wh...
701K 20.2K 25
I was 17 when I ask him to take my virginity but he explicitly said no. Now, eight years later I need to ask him the same humiliating question again...
156K 2.9K 23
" Don't tell me you came here for agreement I had with your mother " he said angrily while looking at me. I just turned my face aside because of his...
1.5M 42K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...