It's a Beautiful Life

By sleepwalker

Sequel to Better Than I Know Myself* Jesse and Adrian have been married for two years now, their life is perf... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Epilogue
Author Note

Chapter Four

11.6K 441 52
By sleepwalker

Jesse’s POV

        We pulled up to Jane’s parents’ house, one memory always stuck out here. The day Jane made me admit to her I liked Adrian. She was the reason we got together and I will always be grateful to her for that. However she wasn’t the same Jane we knew and loved, she changed and it wasn’t for the best either.

        “Come on Jane said just to walk in, that the is open.” Adrian grabbed my hand as we walked towards the front door; we walked in and headed towards the living room.

         “Uncle Adrian and Uncle Jay are here mommy!” a little girl with   curly hair came running towards us. I kneeled down and opened my arms for her to jump in and lifted her off the floor.

        “How is my baby girl Wendy?” she giggled as I kissed her on the cheek.

         “Fine Uncle Jay,” she hugged me tight. “Did you bring me anything?”

         “Hum I don’t know let me check,” I reached into my pocket and pulled a five dollar bill. “Well I really didn’t get you anything, but how does five dollars sound?” I held it up in front of her and she took it.

          “Thank you Uncle Jay,” she kissed me on the cheek and I placed her down on the floor. She ran off yelling, “Mommy, uncle Jay gave me five dollars! Now do I have enough for the bike?” Adrian chuckled as he hugged me.

        “She needs twenty more dollars for the bike she wants.” Jane said as she joined us. She had changed her appearance since she had Wendy. She reminded me a lot of my mom, she was unhappy with how her life came out but she loved Wendy more than anything.

          “Jane I missed you so much,” Adrian hugged her.

           “I missed you too Adrian and happy birthday.” It had broken Adrian’s heart when Wendy’s father left Jane while she was seven months pregnant. We all thought for sure he was the one for her, but we were wrong. He just wasn’t ready to start a family so young and left Jane at the altar. Since that day she hasn’t heard a word from him.

         It had turned her once hyper and bubbly personality into a person I didn’t even know anymore. She tried to hide her sadness from everyone, but we knew she was. She could hide behind a fake smile from most, but her eyes were always filled with sadness.

         Adrian worried about her a lot; he just wanted her to be happy again. But her heart I fear is beyond the ability to love again. She really loved Tony and to have him walk away from her like that ruined her.

         “Jesse nice to see you, how have you been?” she hugged me.

           “Things have been great just looking forward to my last summer alone with the hubby, how about you?”

          “Good, Wendy keeps me on my toes.” Wendy came back with a paper in her hand. She stood in front of me and tugged on my arm. I kneeled down next to her.

          “Uncle Jay,” she held the paper up to me to see. “See this is the bike I want to buy.” I looked at the picture again; it was a pink and purple bike with a wicker basket and a sliver bell. It truly was a bike made just for her.

        “Oh that’s a pretty cool bike and just how much do you need to buy it?”

         “Mommy says I need twenty more.” She gave me her best sad puppy dog eyes, damn Adrian for teaching her that. They knew that I had a weakness when people I love gave me those eyes.

          “How about you just keep the money you have been saving and I and your uncle Adrian will buy it for you as an early birthday gift.” Her eyes lit up as she hugged me.

         “Thank you thank you Uncle Jay,” kissed me repeatedly on my cheek. She then turned to Adrian, “You were right Uncle Adrian that look always work on him.” she hugged him before she ran off.

          “Damn Jesse you’re going to be out numbered when you two have kids.” We laughed as I pulled Adrian closer to me.

           “Well that might be true, but my kids will always know I love them.” I kissed Adrian on his cheek. “So are you ready to join us for lunch?”

            “Yeah like me just tell my mom and tell Wendy I’ll be back later.”

             “Ok we will wait for you in the car.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

             “Happy birthday little brother,” Mark said as he joined us at our table. He hugged Adrian and turned his attention to me and Jane. “Ah I see Jane has graced us with her presents.” He said sarcastically, for some unknown reason they never truly got along.

              “Oh I didn’t know they let dogs into this place.” She replied back, but for some reason he was the only one that could bring back the old Jane.

              “I ordered for you already, I hope you don’t mind.” Adrian said.

               “Of course he don’t mind, dogs after all will eat anything.” Jane said as she started to eat her food.

               “Come on you two, it’s my baby’s birthday; can’t you two just get along for a little while?” I asked as I cut into my steak.

              “Oh someone has jokes I see, well none the less it is Adrian’s birthday so I guess we can act civil if you can Jane.” He smirked at her.

                “I can,” she rolled her eyes and picked up her drink. “So Adrian what did Jesse get you for your birthday?” she put down her drink and looked at Adrian.

               “We got tattoos,” Adrian smiled.

                “Wow you finally got Jesse to cave in, can I see it?” Adrian put down his fork and unbuttoned his shirt. He pulled it aside to show his tattoo.

                “Oh that’s beautiful, did you get the same thing Jesse?”  Jane asked as she got a closer look at it.

                 “Yeah it’s just the names are switched on mine.”

                “Did it hurt a lot?”

                 “It wasn’t too bad, it hurt at the beginning but once you got use to the pain, it hurt less.” Adrian said as he buttoned up his shirt.

                “I hate to say I agree with Jane, can’t believe you got Jesse to cave in.” Mark chuckled as I glared at him.

                “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes and went back to eating my meal.

                “Aw come brother-in-law we are just teasing, beside it was only a matter of time before you caved in anyway. Your husband has you wrapped around his little finger.” Everyone at the table laughed, I just rolled my eyes and continued to eat.

                “You two, you have been married for two years now, any talk about kids yet?” Jane asked. I looked at Adrian and he smiled as I gave him a nodded.

               “Well we were going to wait until the end of summer but we have been talking about starting our own family.” Adrian said proudly.

              “Oh my god that is great, so are you two going to adopt or go through a surrogate?” she asked.

              “Well we would like our own but there are a lot of kids out there that could use a home. So we are going to try adoption first and if that doesn’t work, we will try a surrogate.” He added.

             “Well hell little brother, you’re going to make me look bad now. Once mom and dad hear about you two starting a family, they are going to ask when I'm I going to settle down.” Mark added.

             “Maybe it is time you settle down big brother, you aren’t getting any younger.”

              “I’m only twenty-eight, and last time I checked that is only four years older than you. I'm still young and I have plenty of time.”

             “Yeah besides its not legal for him to get married to cows anyway.” Jane said Mark glared at her as she laughed.

             “You’re not funny by the way!” Mark chunked a roll at her, she ducked and he hit the lady behind Jane. “Grrr you see what you made me do!” he hissed at her as the lady behind her turned to look at him. “I'm really sorry ma’am.” The lady huffed and turned back to her table.

            “Oh I made you do nothing, not my fault you suck at throwing!” she continued to laugh.

             “I don’t suck at throwing,” she laughed harder as he started to pout. “Oh my god, pouting must run in the family. Adrian looks the same way, doesn’t he Jesse?”

          I looked at Mark and sure enough he did. “My god you do, see baby that is what I have to put up with when you pout.” Adrian looked at Mark and started to laugh.

        “You guys suck!” Mark said as he threw his napkin on the table. “Last time I come out with you guys, especially if Jane is coming along.” He continued to pout for the rest of the meal, the good thing that came out of all this was Jane being more of her old self. If they were able to get along better, I think Jane and Mark would make a great couple.

           “So birthday boy, where would you like to go now?” I asked him as we dropped Jane off.

            “Home would be good, just relax before we go to my parents’ house for dinner.”

             “Sounds like a plan, then I can give you your gift.” I leaned over and kissed his neck.

              “Hmm I think that should wait until after dinner with my parents, think they would be pretty pissed if we didn’t show up.” I groaned against his neck, but he was right.

        “You’re going to kill me here.”

         “Jay it’s a few hours, you will live.” He chuckled as I groaned again, sometimes I think he did that to torture me, but he always made it up to me.

*A/N Sorry if it sucked and is taking too long to get interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...
2.3K 179 31
*sequel to Reno and Weisz* Reno Kinvig and Weisz Brooks could not be more in love with each other than they are now. After everything they've...
72.5K 4.5K 39
From the original Book "Just Can't Help It; The Chose I Made", I bring you "Just Can't Help It; The Sequel". You've witness the long struggle of Jor...
1.9M 62.1K 35
Tyler O'Connor had it all; the perfect husband, the perfect daughter, the perfect life. Until his husband left him for another man and his life crumb...