Chapter Twelve

Adrian's POV

      There nothing more joyful than watching Maddie as I took her a bath. She loved the water, she kicked and splashed the water around. It was so hard to believe she was already six months and she was getting beautiful every day.

      Her hair was growing fast as well, she had soft wavy black hair and her blue eyes got brighter each day. the dimples in her cheeks were now more noticeable, she reminded me a lot of Jesse, especially when she smiled. Two of her bottom teeth had come out, every time she smiled or laughed she looked so adorable.

      “How are my two beautiful loves today?” Jesse said as he leaned down and kissed me. Maddie splashed the water and giggled as Jesse kiss her forehead. “You know I think more water gets out when you sit in there with her.” He sat on the edge of the tub and splashed water with Maddie.

      “Well you know how much she hates it when we put her in her tub and since I don’t feel safe with her just sitting in there all by herself.”  

      “And you said I was going to be the overprotective one.” I stuck my tongue out and flicked water at him. He chuckled as he wiped the water from his face.

      “Of course I am, we waited for her for so long and I’m going to do everything I can to keep her safe.” I leaned down and kissed her head. “So how was tutoring today?” Jesse and some of the other teachers start a tutoring program to help students who are failing in school. It was kids of all ages, every Saturday  morning. He loved it, then again he loved working with kids.

      “It was good, had a lot of fun today. How was your day?” He asked as I handed Maddie to him, he wrapped the towel around her. He handed me another towel  for me to dry off my swim trunks and legs. I followed Jesse to Maddie’s room to get her changed.

      “Fun but I couldn’t get her to eat her food the way you do. That is why we were taking a bath, isn’t that right Maddie?” she cooed and kicked her legs as gently tapped her on her nose. Jesse chuckled as he finished putting on her diaper. “So what outfit shall we put you in today?” I opened the drawer and looked at all her clothes. I picked out a grey leggings with a baby pink shirt that read daddy’s girl forever. It was a gift from Jesse’s uncle Matt, he was finally coming home from his tour in Iraq.

      This was going to be the first time I meet him and I was a little nervous. Jesse hasn’t seen him since he was fifteen, I didn’t really know just how ok he was about us. all Jesse told me was that he knew we were married and had a baby.

      “Ok baby I’ll finish getting her ready, so you can go get ready. They are waiting for us at my parents.” I nodded my head as I handed him the outfit, “Baby don’t worry, my uncle will love you and Maddie.” He kissed me before I went off to shower and got ready.

<><><><>

      We walked inside the house, we headed to the kitchen to find everyone there but Jesse’s dad and uncle. “Hey mom, where’s dad and uncle Matt?” he asked her as he hugged her.

      “At the ER, your uncle made the mistake of telling your dad he was starting the grill wrong.” Jesse held up his hand and laughed.

      “Say no more, so who is the one that got hurt? ”

      “Your uncle, he got hit on the head when your dad started waved his hands in the air. He needed stiches, but he is alright and they should be back soon.”  She said as she walked over to me, “and how is my granddaughter?” I handed Maddie over to her, she squealed in delight as Emily planted kisses all over her face.