It Was Always You

By KairaSchwengler

(IF YOU DON'T READ ALREADY DONE FIRST IT WILL GIVE AWAY ALOT OF SPOILERS, THIS IS A WARNING) My mate is what... More

Summary
Cast
Her fault not mine! (1)
Why did it have to be him? (2)
They are here. (3)
How could you? (4)
He is my mate?! (5)
Stop interrupting me! (6)
Finding the perfect outfit is important! (8)
Get your filthy hands off him (9)
Seriously? (10)
The harmful words (11)
My love (12)
Its really happening (13)
Epilouge (14)
Info

Welcome back (7)

66 3 0
By KairaSchwengler

Shane's POV

I woke up the next morning having had the best sleep ever. I feel Chapin in my arms and I pull her closer to my chest. I've waited four years to hold my mate like this and it makes all the waiting worth it. I look at Chapin as she sleeps. She's so beautiful, like precious porcelain. Her eye lashes flutter as she opens her eyes to look at me. Her gray blue eyes full of hope and at the same time heart break.

"Good morning Beautiful." My voice cracks as I speak. I blush a little and she giggles the cutest laugh I've ever heard. I look around and see a piece of paper laying next to us. I pick it up and read it.

You owe us big time.

-Grey

"Do you know what this is about?" I hand the note to her and her eyes widen.

"We forgot about supper."

"Shit." She slaps my arm. "What he hell?" she slaps me again.

"Don't swear."

"I'm sorry I didn't know it was against the law." She jumps up and I miss her warmth.

"We have to go." She states looking around.

"Where?"

"I need to-" she stops and gets a far away look in her eyes. She rushes away from me. All I want to do is take her to my bed room but Rowan reminds me that if we do she would never forgive us. I follow slowly behind her. When I finally get back onto pack land Chapin is hugging a girl. From looking at her I know she is Ari. I see my beautiful mate blush before leaving the area. I wanted nothing more than to follow her but I know I have to keep my distance.

-

Chapin's POV

Waking up in Shane's arms was amazing this morning. But then Ava linked me telling me that Ari was here. I rushed to greet her. She looks at me and smirks knowing exactly what I am doing. I jump into her arms, she catches me and we laughed.

"I missed you." I jump down and hug her closely missing her like crazy.

"You smell like male wolf." She whispered in my ear. I blushed and back away. I sneakily left to go take a shower before training started.

If I thought training with Grey was bad Ari was a 100 times worse. Ari didn't hold anything back. It got to the point when Grey had to have Shane leave because he looked ready to kill Ari. She has taught me so much and we only had one lesson.

"Chapin!" Ava calls and I walk over to Ava, Hunter, Ari and Beth.

"Hello." I smirk. We all go and join everyone for supper. Shane's family as well as mine are supposed to be eating together but I decided that I wanted to spend more time with my friends. We eat burgers and it's the best ever. Mariah is a little angry because we aren't with Shane but I know she'll be fine.

After supper we go up to our room. Ari will be staying in the guest room with Logan. Beth will be in her own room. Us five girls talk for what seems like hours.

"So who was the male wolf I smelt on you this morning?" Ari asks me. Everyone looks intrigued.

"It was Shane." I tell them.

"What did you and Shane do last night?" Hunter asks me winking.

"It's not like that you pervert! Shane was mad because he caught me talking to Rory about mates." I state casually.

"Why would you-" Ava starts before Hunter cuts her off.

"Did he ask you to be his mate?"

"No I was trying to be Ava's wingman." I laugh.

"I don't like him like that!" Ava sighs annoyed.

"Anyways... Shane?" Ari reminds me.

"Ya so he took me out in the woods to talk and kept interrupting me to ask questions that he didn't even let me finish. That is probably one of my biggest pet peeves!"

"Then what happened?" Beth asked.

"Grey found us and now he knows."

"Do you think he'll tell?" Ava looks worried.

"No he won't." Ari tells the girls. She knows Grey almost better than I do.

"Anyways he left for supper and Shane said he just wanted to hold me but we must have fallen asleep." I state.

"That's so romantic." Beth tells me.

"So he's your mate?" Ari asks even though she knows the answer. I nod my he'd confirming it.

"Shane and Chapin sitting in a tree." Hunter shouts laughing.

"Shut up!" I whisper yell.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Ava finished for Hunter jumping on the bed.

"Shut up!" Now I'm just yelling. That's when I hear someone throw something at my window. I look over and there is a piece of cheese with ketchup on my window. I open it. I see cheese all around the house. On the grass below and sticking on the side of the house.

"What the hell?" I ask Shane who is standing on the grass outside my window.

"Want to come for a walk?" He asks.

"Do you know how annoying this is going to be to get off?" I point to the cheese covered in ketchup.

"I'm not romantic okay, pebbles at the window is too cliché for me." He states.

"Fine." I close the window and change my shirt. I spray my perfume all over myself.

"Meeting lover boy?" Hunter asks as I push her over lightly.

"Cover for me?" I ask Ava and Hunter.

"Course." Ava laughs as she hums quietly to herself. I nod thanking them and leave the room. I go as quietly as possible now realizing that's it's quarter to midnight. I leave the pack house to meet Shane.

"What did you want?" I ask.

"You said you wanted to get to know me so what better way then a walk at midnight." He smiles. Damn he's just so attractive.

"Okay."

"Plus I wanted to get to know you too." He says slowly like he's nervous about it.

"Alright let's just start with basic stuff. Favourite colour, food, tv show, movie, and soda."

"Okay I love the colour blue." Shane tells me.

"I like all the colours." I state. I decided that one colour isn't enough so they all are favourite.

"Food, I like pizza" he tells me.

"Ham with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables." I state.

"That sounds good. Tv show, I don't watch tv."

"What are you even human?" I scoff.

"Not really I'm a were." He tells me being a smart ass.

"Whatever I like Bones."

"What's that?" He asks.

"I can't explain the awesomeness of it. I'll just have to show you one day." I tell him and she smiles.

"I don't like movies."

"What is wrong with you?" I ask the universe.

"As for soda I'm a coke guy."

"I like sweetened tea." I smile.

"My turn. Favourite book, music genre, sport, place and person."

"Okay book I don't have a favourite but my favourite author is Kelley Armstrong.

"I love the book to kill a mockingbird."

"I hated that book." I state.

"Why it was so amazing." We reach the river. And turn to look at each other. My pulse quickens.

"No. Music genre is probably country." I state.

"I like rap." He states and I almost burst out laughing. I didn't see that one coming. After I recover from laughing we continue.

"Sport is probably volleyball because it is one of the only ones that I don't get hurt at. Physical contact is not my thing."

"You sure?" He asks his eyes so green. I get lost in them. I feel Mariah coming to the surface. I take a step back to calm her down.

"Your turn."

"Sport would be foot ball. Not American football what you guys call soccer."

"That's just too much running for me." I state. We start walking back towards our land.

"Place?" He asks.

"I could show you." He just nods as I steer towards my favourite temple. We walk silent for a moment. "Tell me yours while we walk to get to mine."

"I love Texas. When we visited moms family it was hot and amazing. Plus the girls were um-" he stops when he sees the look on my face. If looks could kill I swear he'd be dead three times over already.

"Person, I love Ari and Grey. They are the two closest people to me." I state as we round the corner and I see the temple. He grabs my hand.

"You are my new favourite person." His voice is like velvet and I'm just soaking it in. I love the fire running through my body just from him holding my hand. Three days ago I could care less about my mate and now I want to know everything about him. What he likes, hates, and finds sexy, I am his mate. Whether I like it or not he is an important person to me now.

"We are here." I say casting my eyes towards the temple. He turns and looks in the same direction I am.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I follow as he walks into the temple. I stand watching as he runs his hands over the same carvings I have. He treats it with such respect and I'm glad I showed him this.

"Breathtaking right." I whisper. "I like to come here to pray. It just feels right." I tell him.

"How long has this been here? How is this a secret not known about by the wolf society?" He asks.

"It's from the ancient days. My ancestors used to come here with the pack to give thanks to the Moon Goddess or to ask for protection when going to war. This was their temple."

"You land used to reach all the way out here?" Shane asks.

"Father told me it was built in the 15th century. But his grand father restored it a little when he was alpha. The walls used to be made of stone. The only thing he changed was he put the wood around it to keep it standing. Make it blend a little better as well. They say it's the last remaining temple from the ancient days" I add. He just looks around in awe.

"This is the moon goddess?" He points to the half human half wolf statue.

"Grandpa once told me that the statue was made by a wolf who had died for a week but miraculously came back to life, claiming to have seen the Moon Goddess in the flesh. This is what he claimed she looked like." He just stares at her.

"This place, the power that I get after praying here, the peace that overcomes me, that I why I keep it a secret."

"I see what you mean." He says. "So you just pray?"

"And give thanks." I whisper. I know he heard me.

"What do you thank her for?" He asks staring at me.

"My family, friends, the people I love, for the time I got."

"Got what?"

"With Silas and Shari." He just looks at me. Doesn't push for more info or try to tell me he understands. He just listens and I want to cry because of it. All I have ever wanted was for someone to listen to me.

"Shari died visiting her pack, they were ambushed. The noise Silas made when her heart stopped. It's not one you could every forget. The agony and pain was excruciatingly real. I wanted to help him and I said something. He got set on the idea that he could get revenge. He hunted down every wolf that was apart of the attack." I pause tears coming to my eyes.

"When he came home he wasn't the Silas I knew anymore. It was all about power. But after he avenged Shari, the pain of her absence was a hundred time more than he was used to. He didn't have a purpose he told me." Shane holds my hand tight. It's a life line for me now.

"I told him to live for me, I guess that wasn't enough." Shane pulls me into his chest and we sit there, Shane holding me.

"You have always been enough." Shane whispers and that's the last thing I hear before my eyes close.

*********************************************************************************************************

So this is a little romantic chapter! What do you think? I actually love this chapter so much!

Next update will be in a week!

To the top is Shane. I love that picture!

Vote

Comment

-Kaira

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.5K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
803K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
28.8K 496 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
160 20 5
How do you move on after being rejected by your mate? How do you continue to live when you watch him take another she-wolf as his Chosen mate becaus...