Her Step Husband

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|
|seventy nine|

|fourty one|

581 65 47
By Namas48

Please vote and comment a lot. ❤

Which team are you in?

Team Huzaifa or Team Unaiza?

Finally deciding that sharing a bed with him would not be a wise choice, Unaiza walked towards the couch. But she was stopped by his raspy voice in the middle of her track.

"Where are you going?"

She turned around and the dark look in his eyes made her shiver. "I...I am..."

"This isn't a movie or a novel that you girls fantasize about. It's the real life. I want you here."

She gulped but seeing the resolve in his eyes, she stepped towards the bed. Unaiza turned the lamp off and settled on the far corner of the bed.

"Come here," he murmured, opening his palm in front of her eyes. When she didn't oblige due to shock, surprise, and shyness, he snaked one arm around her waist and pulled her towards him.

"Let's become a wife and a man in the true sense," he whispered sensually, bringing his face near to her, inhaling in the scent of her fresh soap.

Unaiza shut her eyes tightly as she made a fist of her hand on his big bicep. The warmness and firmness of his skin made her every effort to become jelly because he started alluring her in a totally different way once again. His hot breath again started hovering over her neck. "Huzaifa..."

She who expected him to proceed with whatever he wanted opened her eyes once again finding no motion from him. She met with his curious gaze. He was looking at her deeply as though he wanted to read her.

"What's wrong?" He implored, in a gentle tone.

She became ruddy because of embarrassment. "I...I think so I need time to accept all this."

She lowered down her head to stare at his gifted engagement ring on her finger because she couldn't dive into his eyes at that moment. She had accepted all this in the past. He came to ask her about her point of view about this marriage and if she was only doing it for his parents, then she should say no. He allowed her to make a choice but she preferred her love and crush to thrive. He would get angry at her for sure. She had seen all this coming but she ignored it because of her craze. However, as soon as she heard those words from him that he would be giving her rights only to please (piss off) his parents, it made her every wall to break away.

She didn't want him to touch her by thinking of it as a retribution against his father. If he ever wanted to come near her, it shouldn't come off as a game which according to him, was an adventure that he anticipated, fought, and won.

Huzaifa lifted her face with the help of his index finger and thumb. "You can take that time. I am in no way in favor of forcing my right on anyone."

Her mouth fell open. She thought he would get furious because that was what she had conceded to when he first asked for this marriage. "Really?"

He caressed her jawline, the movement made her snuck in a breath because of how alluring his fingers were feeling as they rubbed her skin. "The people who force anyone for anything are completely assholes. And conducting this same act on a woman for whom you are given the title of husband and protector is such a ridiculous thing. Absolutely garbage. You are my wife and I know how to give respect to my woman."

She bit her lower lip as she played with her nails. "Thank you."

Huzaifa chuckled. "You are really crazy, Glasses...By the way, I am glad you got rid of those damned lenses."

She blushed at his remarks. "Why do you hate them so much?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "First because you don't feel like yourself when you wear them. Second, because I remember that prick fraud whenever I see you in them. The fact that he tried to alter your original personality is something I still loathe. And also whenever I remember that he might have---"

"He never touched me, Huzaifa," she quickly mumbled sensing that perhaps he was going there.

He gritted his brows. "I know that. Whatever happened wasn't your mistake. It was past. You were his wife. That's a blessing for him that he didn't try to come near you or else I would have broken his damned hands by asking Haider Bhai to arrange my meeting with him."

He was possessive for her and she would have felt its effect all over herself if he didn't say he would bring another wife. Why was it affecting her so much now? At first, she accepted it considering it as her fate, her worth, and her luck. However as soon he gave her his touch, things changed and her feelings too changed. 

Was she feeling possessive of him too?

God, no. That would not be fine. A pitiful ugly duckling was seeing high dreams after the prince gave her some attention. She shouldn't forget her worth. It would hurt her in the long run.

Huzaifa planted a soft kiss over her temple. "Itna bhi bura nhi hon main jitna tum samjhti ho."

(A/N: I am not that bad which you think of me."

She shook her head. "I never thought bad about you."

He blew a distracting and hot breath over her cheek which made goosebumps to rise to her skin. "Don't lie, Glasses. I know you didn't like me because I irritated you."

"You irritated me but that doesn't mean that I hated---" she stopped herself seeing his uninterrupted and heated gaze on her.

He smiled and then held her hand before attaching its lips to her knuckles. "So you never hated me? I thought that you considered me a bully."

"No," she mumbled, truthfully. "Aqia Mama and you all are very dear to my heart. I can never hate my saviors."

Well, what would be his reaction when he got to know that instead of hate, there was love in her heart for him? Immense love, appreciation, and craze. Allah, she was never going to tell him that she loved him. He would make fun of her for seeing dreams like this. It would be better if this union would work as a marriage of convenience.

Huzaifa removed her glasses from her eyes. "Talking about your Aqia Mama, I think it's better if you sleep. Because I am pretty sure she would send another maid with something else to check up on you that I ain't making you cry and bullying you."

She blushed hard at this. "Aqia Mama is just extra worried. I shouldn't have made her anxious."

He smirked. "Yes yes, I know." He placed her glasses on the side table of her side and the way his bigger frame shadowed her in the process made Unaiza still.

She still needed a lot of courage to resist him.

"Good night. Need your cuddling toy?" He asked as an ironic glint appeared in his eyes.

Unaiza inhaled a sharp breath. "No, I'll be fine."

He moved his knuckles over her right cheek. "If you need that, just ask me. I'll be better than those lifeless toys."

She knew she would be matching a tomato by now and she was glad that Huzaifa had turned off the light as he couldn't see her now.

That was just so dramatic.

                       ______________

Perhaps it was the effect of the new place, the absence of her stuffed doll, and all the nerves because of her wedding that Unaiza wasn't able to sleep at all. She many times resisted her urge to grab it from the couch where Huzaifa had dropped it. That was such a weird habit of hers. Moving her head in the other direction, her eyes locked on her sleeping husband. He looked breathtaking even while this while. Gorgeous, handsome, and elegant. What were the words by which she could describe this man lying beside her?

The duvet was placed on his waist and his chest was on full show. Unaiza shamelessly started gawking at him. Her stare flew from his abs, and sculptured stomach to his broad, chiseled chest, arms, and then finally his handsome face. His eyes were closed and his forehead looked wide. His nose was straight and slightly crooked but that was what made him more breathtaking to look at. His arched jaw was dusk with the dark brown attractive beard and then his lips. Those alluring lips which were doing wonders on her skin a while ago. A small smile crept on her face reminiscing those moments.

A living dream.

Unaiza raised her hand and hesitantly moved it towards his chest. Before it could reach him, Huzaifa moved and then changed his side. She swallowed hard at this. She was getting weird. What if he had been awake and saw her checking him out and wanting to touch him like that after she had asked for some time from him? She would have come across as someone crazy in front of him.

Unaiza wore her glasses back and then left the bed. The watch on the front wall was giving a time of two in the night. She tiptoed her way towards the door in order not to wake up Huzaifa. Laying a final glance at him who was still sleeping, she walked out of the room. As she came out, she saw a gloomy light adorning the first floor where Huzaifa's bedroom was located. Thank God there was no one here. She silently stepped downstairs and then turned left to reach her own room.

Shutting the door firmly behind her, she rushed towards her en suite. She always had a separate drawer here in which she kept her diary and locked it afterward so that no one knew it. That was her secret and she never wanted anyone to see it. She didnt bring the diary to Huzaifa's room because she was afraid that he might see it. It was best if it stayed in her own room in this locker.

Unaiza removed the slim key from the inside of the cover of her phone and then inserted it into the lock. Moments later, the drawer fell apart, revealing her pink diary. Coming back to her study table, she settled on it as she opened her diary.

The dream come true feeling. I never felt this before. I thought I was going crazy in ecstasy. There was so much going on inside my head that I forgot how to read.

Huzaifa Tasfeen Malik became my husband. We said yes to each other.

I never thought that my dream would see its reality day like that. I always took care of my innocent dreams like me baby. A baby who was ill and needed to be taken care of. A baby who had no life ahead but didn't stop hoping for life. And now this baby miraculously saw life.

I didn't know what to feel. My happiness to finally become my crush was overpowering every other thing. But every time I remember that he married me to fulfill his desire to frustrate Tashfeen Papa, I feel sad.

Allah, I didn't know what to do.

She sighed as many yawns made their way towards her which she tried hard to stop. Perhaps her perfect companion; her dear diary made her feel lightheaded and light-hearted from every agonizing feeling and her sleep cycle had activated. She closed the diary and put it back into its place. 

She then shortly reached back to Huzaifa's bedroom and placed her hand over her heart to find him still sleeping. Unaiza removed the hair catcher from her head and decided to lay back down beside him. She was always used to sleeping with open and free hair as tied hair caused her headaches.

But before we could even move, Huzaifa's phone rang. She attempted a glance at him before walking over to his side of the bed. Unaiza wanted to decline the call so Huzaifa's sleep wouldn't be affected because of the ringing but what she saw on the screen made her still.

There was a message from an unknown number and now the same number was calling him.

"Baby, take the call. It's Inaya."

Her heart plummeted into a deep void at this information.

Huzaifa loved Inaya and she was the woman he would marry any day.

                     ______________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

A new chapter for you. 💘

Did you like how Huzaifa respected Unaiza's words?

Why do you think Inaya called Huzaifa?

Will Unaiza feel jealous now?

Feedback?

Please vote and comment ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5.3K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
664K 32.2K 76
*NOT EDITED* This story is about three couples.... ................... ""Get ready," he said, noticing her fierce expression. "I won't be getting re...
254K 11.7K 58
Monsters don't hide under the bed anymore....atleast her's didn't. He sleeps with her, beside her, in her bed. They do not have horns and fangs anymo...
1.2M 58.2K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...