Her Step Husband

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
|fourty one|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|
|seventy nine|

|thirty seven|

480 59 76
By Namas48

Izmir gave them a wedding present which was more exclusively for Unaiza as it was a beautiful gold pendant having a delicate heart-shaped ornament.

"Why do people only give gifts to the bride? Is the groom not important?" Huzaifa asked in satire.

Izmir raised a brow. "You got such an adorable and nice girl. That's enough of a reward for you, Huzaifa."

Huzaifa smirked and turned towards Unaiza who became flabbergasted more at his heated gaze. "I am gonna relish everything about this reward."

Her cheeks heated more and she was glad Huzaifa had said this in a very low voice which Izmir must have heard. "Thanks, Mir Bhai. I am very happy that you came."

Izmir laughed out loud. "I am not petty actually to not being something for you too, my bro. But that's once again for Iza so that she can keep you in check."

The brand new and latest version of I iPhone that Izmir came out with was screaming about his recklessness and big heart. Maybe he could compare to Nisha's husband as to who would give the most expensive gifts.

"I didn't see it becoming. There was no need for it," Huzaifa mumbled.

Izmir playfully glared at him. "That's for Iza. Not for you so that she can keep a check on you." He then moved to Unaiza. "Put a tracker and keep him in check on his every activity. And if he goes out of control, don't hesitate to shoot me a call. I'll tighten the loose screws of his head."

Unaiza shyly just smiled while all Huzaifa did was to have fun out of this conversation in a new way as it involved Unaiza differently now. His eager eyes never left her as she felt the various meanings they were giving her.

"Maybe now I should lose every control," he once again whispered sensually tilting his head near to her. She was glad that he actually didn't voice his opinions aloud. She knew Huzaifa was capable of becoming more open and bold but perhaps he was holding behind for her sake as he did when the photographer asked for a forehead kiss.

Huzaifa and Izmir shared a very cordial and unabashed bond. They resembled each other in their impulsive, clever, quirk, and bold behavior. Both of them loved socializing and maybe that was why they knew how to handle such tacky remarks and situations. And perhaps that was what made their relationship and friendship worth appreciating.

"Wait till I'll use the same game on your wedding with your bride," Huzaifa announced proudly.

Izmir blinked. "We'll see that." He then stood up and now gave the couple a heartwarming smile. "Congratulations on this big day. I wish you all the blessings and happiness in your life ahead."

Izmir left the stage and came down the hall. He suddenly got a call from his secretary. As he pulled out his phone from the pocket of his waistcoat, he became immersed in it. Putting the cell on his ear, he continued moving but he had to stop when someone bumped into him.

It was a lady who groaned at their contact. Her head had landed directly on his broad and rock-hard chest. She huffed as she rubbed her forehead. A silky trail of hair fell over her temple. Izmir still couldn't see her face.

"I am sorry," he murmured.

She was a young girl probably. In a raven black sequins saree with a sleeveless crystal stone embellished blouse, her honey skin was dazzling. Her shoulder-length black hair was left falling over her back.

"What's seriously wrong with people these days? Why they don't know how to use their damn eyes? Perhaps that's a new way to attract the attention of women," the girl snapped back as she lifted her face to glare at him.

When they finally looked at each other, both were stunned. The girl even had her jaw dropping slightly as well while Izmir shook his head in disbelief.

"Meenu?" He grumbled, still in incredulity. 

The girl clasped her lips together before she carried the border of her stunning saree towards the back of her body. Izmir's eyes appreciated her even more. She was way beautiful before too but now she left all the words of praise of a beauty. She seemed drop-dead gorgeous that he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her sight even evoked a longing in her.

"Rahmeen." She corrected him. "My name is Rahmeen."

"I know but I called you Meenu," he enlightened her.

"Past is past, Izmir Raza. Don't repeat it and ruin the day for everyone including the poor couple who is getting married," she told him, sternly.

"May I ask why are you here, Rahmeen?" He put the extra stress on her proper name this time.

She felt the tinge of his attack but showed himself to be unscathed. "No."

"Phupho, where did you go? I was searching for you."

They both turned around when someone called from behind. It was Eshal who ran towards Rahmeen. The kid smiled at her Aunt before she noticed Izmir. His lip twitched as he realized everything.

Was Meenu someone related to Nisha?

Eshal, her daughter called Meenu her Aunt. That meant she was Nisha's sister-in-law. Meenu was so near to him and he couldn't even recognize that.

Nisha's husband's full name was Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad and Meenu's full name? He became static at this because he never remembered her telling him his surname.

"Hi Mamu," Eshal greeted him with a timid smile.

Izmir shook her small hand with his. "Hello, sweetheart. Where are your parents?"

"They are coming," she told him.

"Come Eshu. Show me your version of the desi wedding till your Mumma is here," Rahmeen interrupted them as she grasped Eshal's hand. The whole reason why she came here was to enjoy a more desi and cultural wedding in Pakistan.

Rahmeen left with Eshal while Izmir stared at her back with a yearning. 

She was so near yet so distant from him.

                   __________________

That was the time of a new ritual and that was dodh pilai. The fun was doubled as Huzaifa himself was playing around with the girls. There were banters all around. While Unaiza's cheeks couldn't stop from reddening as Huzaifa's sneaky, daring glances and shameless remarks were increasing. The girls were asking for one lacs rupees from the groom but Huzaifa was just having fun in all this.

Nisha looked beautiful in a green maxi with intricate golden and pink embroidery with sequins. The pink dupatta was complimentary to the dress while she completed her look with a white necklace and hair loosely falling behind. She was leading the girls and cousins with Hiba who wanted to gain money in exchange for making him drink the special milk.

After a while, Kainat; one of their cousin came forward holding the elegant tray having a fully decorated glass of milk mixed with different ingredients.

Ishmal mostly stayed behind. She would have loved to be a part but she lacked the apt communication skills and smartness that this game required. And also because that game was meant for the cousins and sisters. She considered herself from both the groom and bride's side and Huzaifa's side only consisted of his friends and male guys. And perhaps one of the reasons was Nisha. She still didn't know how to react around her considering her past with Haider. However, she was enjoying as a smile occupied her lips as she was staring at the fun ritual.

That was one of the few times Ishmal felt she was outside a bit. Of course, she couldn't manage to mingle with her cousins' group of Haider in just two years. However, it didn't bother her as much as should because everyone here made her feel like a family.

She wore a beautiful pink gown having detailed pink and blue embroidery on it. That was the dress which Haider had gifted her on her birthday and she knew why he had chosen this. It looked like it was made for her as it fitted her perfectly.

"First the bride will drink the milk and then we'll make the groom give the money in exchange for having to drink the same milk," Kainat exclaimed in excitation.

Huzaifa grinned. "Well, if that's the case, I won't let my bride drink the milk till we settle for some mutual agreement regarding the money."

He gave Unaiza a knowing look who just looked down. Their cousins also modified this game a bit. And now she was stuck between listening to them or her husband.

Huzaifa touched his shoulder once again with her. Maybe that was becoming a secret code of language between them but it always caused Unaiza to halt her breath in her throat because his heat and warmth were distracting.

"What do you wanna do?" He uttered softly.

Unaiza gulped. "I don't know. I never understood this game."

Huzaifa couldn't help but chuckle at her innocence. He stared at her and his eyes again flitted over her every feature.

"Really?"

"Hey hey, the game is happening here. That's not a staring contest which you guys are doing," Fariha spoke quickly.

Unaiza thought she would melt out of humiliation but soon she felt Huzaifa's hand discreetly holding her smaller one.

"So what? Let us discuss our plan?" One of Huzaifa's childhood friends Yasir said.

After a lot of friendly bickering, it was decided that Huzaifa would give only thirty thousand to the girls. Unaiza hesitated before putting her lips on the rim of the glass.  She wasn't fond of drinking milk. Huzaifa noticed her uncomfortable and hence stopped her once she took one sip.

"Here, take your money," he confided before taking the glass from Unaiza.

His eyes widened and soon a smirk occupied his alluring lips when he saw an imprint of Unaiza's lipstick on the edge of the glass. He placed his lips exactly in the same place while moving his gaze at her. She wasn't that naive to understand this and it made all the sanity from her mind to fly away.

Huzaifa drank the whole milk in one sip and then gave the girls whatever money came out of his pocket. It was surely more than thirty thousand for sure.

"That was why I called you Cherry Bean," he sensually muttered, again low enough that no one could hear in their giggles and shouts of having the money.

Unaiza's eyelids fluttered but she soon realized that he was just teasing her around. She was never this attractive to have such kind of compliments from him. She looked up. "You are playing with me, right?"

Taking the opportunity of no eye on them, he grabbed her soft hand in his big one again and interlinked their fingers. "We'll play this game together. I haven't even started fighting.  I can't wait to actually show you what this actually means. "

He winked at her before leaving her hand as Aqia came over. And Unaiza's heart fell into a deep pit at this. Her hands started sweating and her body began trembling thinking about what was to follow ahead. What would Huzaifa do with her?

"Life is like a game for me. I anticipate, fight, and win. There is no fourth option for me."

She remembered his words from a few years ago and it made her throat to become dry.

This marriage would also be a game for him. He would fight it in his own way and win was in his luck anyway.

After a few more rituals, the time of rukhsati came over. But before it, a few voices reverberated giving shocking news.

"Rahmeen and Izmir were found in the same restroom, the door was locked and they were stuck inside the room."

                 ___________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

So here is a new chapter.

We got to see the interaction of Rahmeen and Izmir as well.

Do they have any past together?

What will follow in U and H's marital life ahead?

Feedback till now?

Plz vote and comment ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5.3K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
313K 29K 78
I'll die instead of doing marriage but here I'm standing at door of his hell becoming the wife of the King of Mafia. He fisted my hair tightly and p...
4.4M 229K 151
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
254K 11.7K 58
Monsters don't hide under the bed anymore....atleast her's didn't. He sleeps with her, beside her, in her bed. They do not have horns and fangs anymo...