Life Series Oneshots

By Stars_And_Clouds837

Just a collection of oneshots about the Life Series because I have an overactive brain, Yay! I started this o... More

My King
The Passage Of Time
We're The Bad Boys
Allergies
Sleep For Me
Those Gosh Darn Horns
A Destined Relationship
Be Ready To Decorate (Part One)
Be Ready To Decorate (Part Two)
The Curse
100 views!!!
Us Against The World
My Red Flower
We Hit 200!
The Best Invisible Friend (Phasmophobia)
Reunion (Empires 2)
The Begining Of Spring
Untouchable
What A Dare
THANK YOU FOR 1K!!!
If She Was Free (Poem)
Oh I Hate The Mimic (Phasmophobia)
The Unknowing Lover
The Apologies I Wrote To You
Before The War
After Death (Hermitcraft Season 10)
Oh The Memories
They're Little: Children (Part One)
The Plan: Children (Part Two)
They Reverse: Children (Part Three)
Please Read
This Feeling
Winners (Poem)
Just Ren
I Made A Cake?
Incorect Quotes 1
Will You- (Songfic)
It Would've Happened Anyway
Incorrect Quotes 2
I Can See You (Songfic)
Love Right Before The Zombie Plagueβ„’
Incorect Quotes 3
So What If They're Not Morning People?
Hello There, Please Read!
Q and A!
HELLO THERE! 🌌
I HAVE A NEW BOOK!!!!!
The Ghost Likes You And So Do I (Phasmophobia)
In A Field Of Flowers
If The World Was Ending (Hermitcraft Season 8/9)
Heart For A Heart
Incorect Quotes 4
This One's For Ya'll
One Broken Glass
Are You Really Alone? (Part One)
Are You Really Alone? (Part Two)
Limited Life
Sorry, WHAT? (10k!?)
Once Again I'm Asking

Love Lasts Forever

146 3 4
By Stars_And_Clouds837

Limited Life

Jimmy x Scott

Scott was running for his life. He was one of the last greens on the server, and that made him a target from all the time hungry yellows. He had gotten separated from his teammate Martyn and was now wandering through the dark oak forest, trying to find his way out. But it was a lot harder than you'd expect. Every tree looked the same, twisted and dark with rough bark. Scott sighed as he wondered why everyone was so desperate for this tree back in Third Life.

Scott stopped walking and sat down beneath a nearby tree, pulled his knees to his chest, and wrapped his tail around his legs. He took a deep breath as he braced himself to be attacked. Sure enough, he heard a voice cry out in frustration behind him. Scott turned around to see someone rushing him with a sword. He pulled out his own blade and swung out, derailing his attacker. He spun away and readied his sword to strike, but then he noticed who it was, and he hesitated. It was Jimmy.

Jimmy was all dressed up in his Bad Boys get-up, and he wore a pair of sunglasses that covered his eyes, making it impossible for Scott to see what he was thinking. His beautiful golden-yellow wings were spread out magnificently behind him, and Scott found himself a little bit entranced by Jimmy before he shook himself out of it. Scott backed away, and Jimmy sighed, swinging his sword again, but Scott dodged to the side, and the canary missed.

“Let me kill you, Scott.” Jimmy said desperately, stalking closer as he ruffled his wings.

“No.” Scott said, and Jimmy lunged forward, thrusting his sword towards Scott.

They danced back and forth around the woods, and soon Jimmy began to tire.

“Just fight me, Scott!” Jimmy cried his frustration, overpowering him.

“No.” Scott said, drawing his sword. “I will not fight you.”

Jimmy swung his sword at Scott, and the cyan haired man met his blade with his own. Jimmy pushed his sword closer to his opponent, but Scott held his ground, knocking the sword out of Jimmy's hand with his tail. Jimmy scrambled backward, and Scott pointed his sword at Jimmy, and the avian raised his hands in defeat.

“Why are you so desperate?” Scott asked as he looked down at Jimmy.

“I don't want to be out first.” Jimmy whispered, and Scott's heart broke, but he had to keep a straight face.

“Go and kill someone else.” Scott demanded, Jimmy stood up, grabbed his sword, and ran away.

Jimmy didn't say a word as he rushed away, leaving a confused Scott in his wake.

I can't be in love with Jimmy. He just tried to kill me. Scott scolded as he turned and walked away from the spot where Jimmy had disappeared. But at the same time, he was desperate for time, and he could die if he didn't get enough time before the red wars. . . No, no, NO.

He shook these sympathetic thoughts from his mind and hurried back to the Coral Isles. He dived into the water and swam across the ocean with the help of his gills and tail. He then pulled himself out of the water when he reached the island and ran into his storage room. He sat down with his back against the wall as he tried to sort out his thoughts. But alas, his encounter with Jimmy had shaken him more than he knew, and it was bringing up memories from Third Life.

Scott looked down into the cave and saw the smiling face of Jimmy, and he blushed as he waved to the man below.

The flower forest was beautiful and it was even more beautiful with the man beside him. Scott smiled as Jimmy picked a poppy and handed it to him with a smile.

The explosion shook the server and took Ren, Skizz, and Jimmy with it. Scott let out a silent scream of pain as he watched his lover disappear into the smoke.

The night before the battle of the red desert, Scott promised Jimmy it would be okay. That he would keep him safe. He failed.

Scott avenged Jimmy, but killing Skizz didn't bring Jimmy back. He died hoping to see Jimmy on the other side.

Scott didn't even realize that Martyn was in front of him, nor did he know he had started to cry until Martyn gently wiped the tears away.

“Hey Scott.” Martyn said softly, pulling Scott into a hug. “Are you okay? Wait, stupid question, you’re obviously not.”

“No I’m fine, it’s just I met Jimmy in the woods and he tried to kill me but  I couldn’t fight him Martyn!” Scott sighed a few more tears, trickling out of his eyes. “I looked at him, and I couldn’t kill him!” Scott buried his face in his hands, and Martyn nodded, understanding.

“I was like that with Cleo the other day, actually.” Scott looked up in shock, and Martyn quickly shook his head. “Not like romantically or anything, but she was my soulmate in the last season, and I still felt like I was connected to her, you know?”

“But I wasn’t soulbound to Jimmy.” Scott sighed, and he leaned his head back.

“But you loved him, and that’s a connection forged even stronger than being soulbound.” Martyn said, and Scott sighed again. “And you probably still love Jimmy too.”

“I can't.” Scott said forcefully. “Jimmy just tried to kill me! And I almost let him!”

“Wait, what do you mean you let him?” Martyn asked, and Scott buried his face into his knees.

“I almost let him kill me. He was basically begging me for thirty minutes.” Scott said, and Martyn patted him on the back. “I don’t get it.”

“Do you think Jimmy will be first out again?” Martyn asked, and Scott nodded.

“It’s been every season now. Why should this one be any different?” Scott asked, standing up and walking out of their house. “I'd best get going, though. With all the yellows trying to kill me, I can’t stay in one place for long.”

“I’ll keep them off your tail, literally.” Martyn promised, and Scott laughed, swishing his tail back and forth.

“Bye.” Scott jumped into the cool water and swam back towards the mainland with only one purpose;

Stay alive.

*****

Jimmy sat on the edge of the Bad Boys' manor and watched the sun set slowly below the horizon, casting its orange glow over the forest. He pulled off his sunglasses and tossed them to the side with a bit of frustration. He wrapped his yellow wings around himself comfortingly, and he sighed as thought back to his interaction with Scott earlier, wishing it had never happened. He didn’t know what had come over him, but when he saw Scott, all he could think about was thirty minutes. He needed thirty minutes. With only twenty-four days to live, everyone was desperate to collect even the smallest amount of time, Jimmy included.

Suddenly, Jimmy saw movement in the forest and noticed Scott running along the treeline, clearly trying not to attract attention. Jimmy sat there for  a while, just staring at Scott. He admired the sleek muscles running through his arms, the tan on his skin from living on the water, and the small way his smile curved upwards when he walked. Jimmy found himself reminiscing about Third Life, when he could hug Scott close, run his fingers through his hair, and they would trade small stories under the stars. Jimmy wished that he could go down to Scott right then and wrap him up in his wings and kiss him all over his face like before. But alas, it was not Third Life, and Scott probably hated him after the stunt he pulled in the forest earlier.

But, as if Scott could feel the eyes on him, he looked up and saw Jimmy staring at him. In the few seconds after Scott made eye contact with Jimmy, a series of emotions flew through his eyes so fast you could miss it if you blinked. Scott’s face first flicked through fear, sorrow , and lastly, a look of longing that could’ve been Jimmy’s imagination. The cyan haired man quickly turned around, disappearing into the trees, his tail flicking out behind him.

Jimmy reacted quickly, jumping off of the roof and gliding down with his wings before landing softly on the ground. He raced into the trees and hurried after Scott, dodging his way through the trunks and branches before coming up behind the man he was chasing.

“Scott!” Jimmy cried out before he even knew what he was going to say.

Scott turned around his hand, resting on his sword hilt and a look of hesitation spread across his face.

“I don’t want to have to kill you, Jimmy.” Scott said, and Jimmy winced at the cold tone of his voice. “But I will.”

“I'm not here to hurt you.” Jimmy said, raising his hands up in the air in a non threatening way. “Can you hear me out?”

“Maybe.” Scott whispered, his face softening a bit.

“Scott, I’m sorry for trying to kill you.” Jimmy said, and Scott looked a bit surprised at the canary’s remark.

“All the yellows are trying to kill me. It's not that personal.” Scott said, and Jimmy laughed softly, shaking his head.

“No but I promised not to hurt you when I was on red, and that applies to yellow too.” Jimmy said, taking a slow step closer.

“What do you- Oh.” Scott said, remembering the past. “This isn't Third Life, Jimmy.”

“Wish it was.” Jimmy sighed, and he slowly reached his hand up to cup Scott's face. “I've missed you.”

Scott sighed and leaned into his touch, his eyes slipping shut. Jimmy rubbed his thumb over Scott's cheek and gently leaned closer. Scott smiled and blushed as he opened his eyes to see Jimmy staring at him. He tilted his head up and pulled gently on the collar of Jimmy's bad boy jacket.

“I will say that I might prefer you in leather.” Scott whispered, and Jimmy turned red, causing Scott to laugh softly.

The sound was like a melody, and Jimmy sighed, leaning closer to Scott.

“I love you.” Jimmy said, and Scott smiled.

“Good, I thought I was going to have to convince you.” Scott smirked, and Jimmy blushed.

“How would you do that?” Jimmy asked quietly, and Scott nodded, leaning closer.

He reached his hand up and gently brushed Jimmy's hair out of his eyes before slowly running his hand slowly down Jimmy's face and cupping his cheek. Jimmy blushed softly, and Scott winked at him.

“Convinced yet?” Scott asked, and Jimmy nodded. “Good.”

He leaned in and pressed his lips to Jimmy's, pulling him down into a kiss. Jimmy sighed and ran his fingers through Scott's hair softly with one hand while the other was curled around his cheek. He wrapped his wings around Scott, hiding them from the world, and the cyan haired man buried his hands into the feathers. They pulled apart, and Jimmy smiled as Scott laid his head on his chest and hugged him.

“I hope you can forgive me.” Jimmy whispered, and Scott looked up in surprise.

“Why would I ever do such a thing like that?” Scott asked, grinning. “I'll hold this over your head forever. Jimmy was so obsessed with me. He tried to kill me.”

“Scott, why are you like this?” Jimmy sighed, and Scott kissed him on the cheek.

“You love me.” Scott said, and Jimmy blushed red.

“I do.” He laughed and gently kissed Scott's forehead.

No matter how many obstacles the Life Series threw at Jimmy and Scott, they would always love each other. Because love is a connection forged stronger than anything else. And they loved each other, like a lot.

I love Flower Husbands, and Limited Life is the perfect opportunity to express that love! See you in the next oneshot,
Star

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 53 12
This is a Hermitcraft Prison Au I came up with at 1 am. Feedback is always helpful and yes, I'm still doing oneshots. Updates will vary based on how...
67.1K 1.6K 30
Business bay but the have a secret Tommyinnit LukeOrSomething Bitzel Timedeo Wisp Inspired by nachaan Platonic deoinnit (do not ship in real li...
23.1K 553 12
This is my second adoption auπŸ˜‚ In this Au Tommy gets adopted at the age of 5. Tommy was in the orphanage for 3years because his dad was an alcoholic...
2.7K 79 44
This is my journal where I document my experiences as a wolf mythical of questionable identity ⚝ this is nonfiction, if you don't believe then this i...