The Freshman

By itsnotcc

a story following daij, who is a dancer from a small town and gets an opportunity in a big city. throughout h... More

author's note.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
the end?

08.

125 7 0
By itsnotcc

ATL | MORNING AFTER

Hakeem Richards

"Keem. KEEM!"

He jumped as he was shaken awake, his eyes widened when he seen he was still in the bed with Dasia. I spent the night? My ass trippin. He arose from the bed, stretching and took a QUICK minute to gather his belongings. It wasn't like Keem to leave himself in such a vulnerable position. He heard Dasia scurrying around trying to hurry and get ready.

"Aight Dasia," he said, as he gave her a quick side hug and let himself out. He headed to his car and drove home. If it was up to him, he would've still been sleep right now. He pulled into his driveway and walked inside.

"Hakeem Darius Richards." Carena announced, while sitting on the couch with her arms folded. "Where was you at all night, I was worried sick about you."

"Ma, you questioning me like I'm not grown." Keem replied with a slight mug on his face. While his sleep deprivation was responsible for most of his attitude, his mother did often treat him this way and it irritated him. It was nothing inherently wrong with it, but with Keem being the one that paid the house off, bought the cars in the driveway, and paying majority of the bills in general, it didn't work.

Carena was aware of this downside of him stepping up. When it came to her trying to reform Keem, she couldn't do it. He respected her and made sure she was very well taken care of, but she couldn't baby him like Jah. Nonetheless, hearing his response made her stiffen even more. She stood up.

"Ion give a fuck that you grown, I'm still your mother. You got yo lil money and that's good but I'm still responsible for your well being till the day I die. That's MY responsibility." She shouted, she got a little emotional. Hakeem was just like his father and that worried her, because she knows it's only two ways he'd end up if he stayed in the game too long. Dead or in jail.

Keem saw his mom's reaction and the emotion on her face and that's when he'd realized what he said.

"You right, ma. My bad, I ain't mean to say allat. My ass just tired forreal." He responded in an attempt to clean things up. He walked over and gave her a hug.

"Youn gotta worry bout me ma, I always stay strapped."

Carena laughed, as she pulled away. "Boy, gone. I hope you ain't back wit Kalia, that lil girl gon try 'n trap yo ass one day"

"Na, I was wit somebody else." He said trying to hurry upstairs to avoid the rest of the conversation. He went to his room and grabbed some boxers, Nike sweats, and a wife beater. After that, he got into the shower and brushed his teeth. He then hopped back in the bed to resume his slumber.

- a few hours later -

♫ I know they don't like me

They scared to come try me
You try me, I got it
You know that I got it

The pistol is on me, I cock and I pop it ♫

Keem was awoken by Young Nudy playing on a speaker that blasted through the house, he knew his mom must've been out cause that was the only time it was loud enough to be heard from upstairs. He made his way downstairs to see what his brothers was up to, they didn't have days to just chill often. That was the bright side about laying low, it was a break from all the motion.

"Yooo!" He shouted, walking down the stairs.

"This nigga Keem ugly bra" Jah said, laughing.

"Who house yo ass was at nigga?" Quan questioned. They both was thinking it, he just had the balls to actually ask.

"Mane bra, why everybody all in my business today. Ion kiss and tell."

"Okay well, we know it's NOT Kalia." Jah said. Keem rolled his eyes, his brothers always teased him about his relationship with her. It's always annoyed him.

"Obviously." Keem commented, causing the others to laugh. "It's time to roll up." He said looking around for the weed.

"Oh shit!" Quan shouted excitedly. "I know who it was!" Keem didn't react in order to call his bluff.

"You was wit dat girl from the pool party." Quan finished. Keem straightened up.

"Nigga you fed, what da fuck," he said laughing, "How yo ass knew dat?"

"Me and Syn still be texting, she told me yall left together last night. I had forgot till I heard Ms. C on yo ass this morning." he added, as Keem came and mushed him.

"Syn talk too fucking much, on god."

"Who the girl from the party, she bad?" Jah said.

Keem showed him the picture Dasia sent him the morning before the game. Looking at her again, Keem started to get flashbacks of last night. The feeling of her full lips, her scent, her taste, he had missed her. Even her personality was refreshing, she didn't try too hard, she was just herself. Her fine ass, I wonder would it be weird if I text her. Nah, Ima wait. He decided not to, he didn't wanna seem clingy.

"This nigga Keem drooling at the phone." Jah said, which caused him and Quan to bust out laughing. Keem straightened up and put his phone away.

"Nigga you just be saying shit, you needa be tryna figure out who them folks was that set you up."

"While yo ass talkin, I already know everything I need to bout da bitch. We go to school together 'n shit. Ian dat green."

"Shit, well let me know sumn."

"Well, I already knew the bitch name was Bri, but I started talking to ha friend and she told me she work at the food court in the mall. So we know how to catch the bitch, we just need to find somebody to do da shit," he explained. "This the crazy part, doe. Ha friend told me that bitch related to Kalia, that's like her cousin or sumn."

"So basically Kalia got her cousin to set you up to try to get back at me." Keem asked.

"Basically."

"Shit crazy." Quan slid in, shaking his head.

"Yea, don't even worry bout that shit lil bro. Ima make sure dem hos get handled, just keep yo ear to da streets and make sure youn hear none bout them lil niggas coming back." Keem added.

___________________________________________________________

Dasia Jenkins

Dasia had finally made it to practice. She was about 30 minutes late, so when she walked in, the entire team looked in her direction. She didn't really mind, but Coach D did.

"Thank you so much for deciding to join us, Dasia." he snarked.

Usually she was on time, this was unlike her honestly. Coach D continued speaking on what he was before Dasia made it in.

"As I was saying before, yall did amazing for our first dance. The movements were clean, they were STRONG, and that's what I live for. And when we start competing during the off-season, that's what the judges will be looking for." Coach D spoke as he looked around. "However, I do not have only good news. There is a video going around of an altercation that took place after the game."

Dasia knew exactly what he was talking about as soon as he said this. Dasia looked around the room until her eyes met Syn's. They were both nervous to hear what he would say next.

"If you are unaware of what happened, it doesn't concern you. But since the incident happened out of defense, no one will be suspended from the team or punished. Just in the future, try not to make a habit of hanging out after the games, because things do happen and we don't want the team to be associated with situations of that matter." Coach D added. He then ushered Taylor to the front to take his place leading the group. Whew, that was a relief.

"With that being said, let's start working on this new routine." Taylor spoke as the girls got up and into formation.

After the team was done running through the routine a few times, the girls were dismissed. As Dasia was packing her dance bag, Syn walked up to her and tapped her arm repeatedly.

"Bitch! You HAVE to tell me what happened." Syn said excitedly. Dasia smiled bashfully, leading Syn to understand exactly what took place.

"Unt unnnn, I need deets. Spill right now!" She demanded, sitting down next to Dasia with her dance bag over her shoulder.

"Oh my god, okay" Dasia replied, throwing her hands in the air and rolling her eyes. She sat down next to Dasia to tell her the story and finish packing her dance bag. As she continued to fill her in on the details, Nuski walked out the locker room, which was located very close to their location on the bleachers. She stayed nearby and sat down, scrolling on her phone to remain unnoticed.

"Was it good ?" Syn replied being nosey.

"Girl, yes. My legs was shaking and shit."

"Oop, don't play witchu. Making me wanna go hit up Quan."

"Ouu yes, do yall still be texting. We could prolly go on a double date one day."

*ding*

Their conversation got interrupted by Dasia's phone going off.

_______________________________________

iMessage

keem .

3:23 pm

Yo

U straight on tha gas

Read at 3:24 pm

_______________________________________

Da fuck type message is that. Dasia definitely wasn't responding to that. She had already heard he was no good, but still tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus she wasn't considering taking him seriously, so there really wasn't much to talk about unless they wanted to have sex again. In reality though, Keem sent her this message because he didn't want to seem like he was pressed. In his experience, once you was too interested, the person you wanted no longer was at all. They both were trying too hard to be nonchalant and confusing each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2.9K 24
Book Three to the Trey Songz Fanfiction
916K 82.6K 38
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
50.3K 1.6K 23
𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘗𝘌𝘖𝘗𝘓𝘌 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌, 𝘍𝘌𝘌𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘛𝘖𝘖.....
3.6M 232K 96
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...